Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Moving Permanently To The US - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Permanently To The US (51446 Views)

How To Move Permanently To Canada WITHOUT AN AGENT / Accident In Uyo,Ambulance Carrying Corpse Collides With A Moving Van(pics) / Cost Of Relocating Permanently To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Permanently To The US by justwise(m): 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
cosade:

This is the most reasonable comment I have read so far. It's always greener on the other side until you get there that reality will set in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUs9gIaWD04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cuj2Y5SMNE

One of my favorite border force clips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiGbw_cfe3Q

3 Likes

Re: Moving Permanently To The US by cosade(m): 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
justwise:

One of my favorite border force clips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiGbw_cfe3Q

It's a shame! The embarrassment is avoidable. Can you imagine an educated adult forgetting his date of birth! Very laughable.
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
cosade:

It's a shame! The embarrassment is avoidable. Can you imagine an educated adult forgetting his date of birth! Very laughable.

That guy is even shameless, i really can not understand why some people got no problem telling some obvious lies. He forged everything including child birth certificate

1 Like

Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Onila2: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2016
Lewist:
na ur cetificate go help you here my dear,forget cake stuff.tell me more about your plan I may be of help

Just finished school, hoping to get my certificate next year so that I can put things in perspective. thanks though.
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Lewist(m): 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
Onila2:

Just finished school, hoping to get my certificate next year so that I can put things in perspective. thanks though.

that's a very good idea don't hurry yourself get your certificate and make your plan.i can give you any helping info you needed abt coming over.from start to finish
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by flosk: 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
Onila2:

I have read your story and other people's contribution.
My advise to you is this :go to the Canada express entry column and read up .Canada permanent residency program makes sense but you need to have at least 1 year of work experience to be qualified. It might take a while but keep working at it, one day you will get to Canada which in my opinion is way better than USA.

At this point you will need to start saving money for you to complete the processing.

1 Like

Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Onila2: 12:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
flosk:

I have read your story and other people's contribution.
My advise to you is this :go to the Canada express entry column and read up .Canada permanent residency program makes sense but you need to have at least 1 year of work experience to be qualified. It might take a while but keep working at it, one day you will get to Canada which in my opinion is way better than USA.

At this point you will need to start saving money for you to complete the processing.

Alright, thank you very much. God bless.
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Onila2: 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lewist:

that's a very good idea don't hurry yourself get your certificate and make your plan.i can give you any helping info you needed abt coming over.from start to finish

Will appreciate any useful Info. thanks
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by apache77(m): 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2016
cosade:

funny
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Teddywhiz1: 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2016
A Nigerian student studying medicine in Poland, I will like to practice in the United States after my studies.. How do I go about it.... Please I require any info I can get.... Cc justwise
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by TWoods(m): 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
Teddywhiz1:
A Nigerian student studying medicine in Poland, I will like to practice in the United States after my studies.. How do I go about it.... Please I require any info I can get.... Cc justwise

Get into a healthcare masters program here and use that time to write the ECFMG. That should qualify you to do a residency.
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 02, 2017
justwise:

Let me ask you this..why would you want to waste more than a million naira within a year and end up as an illegal immigrant the next year?

Yes cost of visa application, flight ticket to US, first term school fees and cost of living in US for one semester will add up to more than a million naira.

Marrying an American for visa? That is life mortgage, it got nothing to do with love and the chances of you leaving her to marry somebody else after getting your paper is very slim
... i plan to travel to USA on student visa and on getting there to marry a woman, won't there be a problem with the immigration asking why im i not going to school but got married ?
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by justwise(m): 11:24am On Jul 02, 2017
Oluwatisegun:
... i plan to travel to USA on student visa and on getting there to marry a woman, won't there be a problem with the immigration asking why im i not going to school but got married ?

How about doing things the right way and apply for K-1 visa rather than abusing the student visa since you have no intention of studying in US?

1 Like

Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

How about doing things the right way and apply for K-1 visa rather than abusing the student visa since you have no intention of studying in US?

7.. i had intentions of traveling as tourist but my travel agent said since have not travel before i should go for student visa whice the chances would be highy than visit visa, i already have a woman age 61 years old im getting married to on getting there, the isuse is just to get in USA, and mt agent as started work base on my student visa,, so i just want to know won't there be problem if i get married to this woman and i came in with student visa and never went to school?? Thanks
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by justwise(m): 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Oluwatisegun:
7.. i had intentions of traveling as tourist but my travel agent said since have not travel before i should go for student visa whice the chances would be highy than visit visa, i already have a woman age 61 years old im getting married to on getting there, the isuse is just to get in USA, and mt agent as started work base on my student visa ,, so i just want to know won't there be problem if i get married to this woman and i came in with student visa and never went to school?? Thanks

This is all fraudulent and i don't see it working out, chances are that you are going to be refused a visa and banned by US embassy.

I'm guessing that you are in your 20yrs or early 30s right? Don't be played by some fraudulent visa agents.

5 Likes

Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
justwise:

This is all fraudulent and i don't see it working out and chances are that you are going to be refused a visa and banned by US embassy.

I'm guessing that you are in your 20yrs or early 30s right? Don't be played by some fraudulent visa agents.
...how did you know its fraudulent? Thanks
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by justwise(m): 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Oluwatisegun:
...how did you know its fraudulent? Thanks

Did you just asked me that question? Will you tell the VO during your student visa interview that you will be using that F1 visa for marriage and not to study?

3 Likes

Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Burgerlomo: 3:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
Onila2:
Hi all,pls am trying to move to America and would need help in terms of info. Little details about me: am a female,29,single,self employed, a very good cake and event decorator and will graduate this year.

I would like to work with my cake making and event planning skills not with my certificate.

Pls what are my chances and how do i go about it?

You are welcome on board dear, please I will advise you to go and learn different types of hair braiding because no knowledge is wasted and thank me later.
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
justwise:

Did you just asked me that question? Will you tell the VO during your student visa interview that you will be using that F1 visa for marriage and not to study?
.. i will tell him/her to study.. the plan is normal student way, get admission in the university and pay some fees to school and get all document as student, even the school would think im coming to them but on getting the visa just to get in USA I won't go to the school and i may even go if the balance of school fee is not high, cause the woman made me know if i become a citizen i can get a govermenet grant and go to college... I really appreciate you time replying back thanks, tell me all i need to know God bless
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Ayindesegun10(m): 1:55am On Jul 04, 2017
Oluwatisegun:
.. i will tell him/her to study.. the plan is normal student way, get admission in the university and pay some fees to school and get all document as student, even the school would think im coming to them but on getting the visa just to get in USA I won't go to the school and i may even go if the balance of school fee is not high, cause the woman made me know if i become a citizen i can get a govermenet grant and go to college... I really appreciate you time replying back thanks, tell me all i need to know God bless
Lol. � You are very funny. Although,it's none of my business to reply you but I can't just help but marvel at the way you are planning your life. Let me tell you this, if you wanna travel abroad, don't be too desperate, the grass is not always greener on the other side. I wouldn't wanna discourage you but the path where you are going doesn't look too good, don't end up in regrets. Go through the normal and legal way and if that doesn't work out, maybe it's not your time yet. Regards

7 Likes

Re: Moving Permanently To The US by ayagha: 10:10am On Aug 23, 2017
mikkyangel:

That's one reason I why I feel trump will not win...he said some trashy stuff abt nigerians... (90% of nigerians...say over 3 million will not vote for him)

-latinos (their votes was responsible for Obama coming into power), and with d way dem dey born full here(wit a sizeable percentage attaining voter age this yr),am sure will not vote for him..

Leti not forget the muslims,d blacks and core white democrates...

OP....HAVE U GOTTEN D VISA? Abi u just woke up monday morning, come decide say u won come yanky?anyway like my bro said....visa lottery is closed,so u will need to
-apply for studies (new yanky rules/after 3 yrs u get greencard)....science and engineering causes ohh

OR...U come tru tourist (visitor) visa..."no worry,once u come in tru dis means,u will know d truth,and d hmnnn...will set u free "......

OR

If d top 2 options nor work,den na kokoyi (mex) u go follow ohhh...well,my friend dey here (22yr old)way follow dt way enter early last yr...she never even get work permit,she Don buy car within 6 months of arrival

xup bro, I just got a visitor visa, please advise what next step to take
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Bj123456: 10:29pm On Aug 29, 2017
Please i need an advice here, I got two years visiting/tourism visa to US which I planned to use that means to relocate my family to US, just last week again I got an offer to be employed into govt institution in Nigeria as level 10 officer with around N75k as salary. Am a bit confused whether to go on with the relocation since av planned monetarily to get an apartment and process my green card over there or stay back and settle for N75k job. Meanwhile am a professional and Msc. holder. Please advice wisely.
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by SlowlybtSurely: 6:54am On Aug 30, 2017
Bj123456:
Please i need an advice here, I got two years visiting/tourism visa to US which I planned to use that means to relocate my family to US, just last week again I got an offer to be employed into govt institution in Nigeria as level 10 officer with around N75k as salary. Am a bit confused whether to go on with the relocation since av planned monetarily to get an apartment and process my green card over there or stay back and settle for N75k job. Meanwhile am a professional and Msc. holder. Please advice wisely.

How do you intend processing your green card on a visiting visa?

9 Likes

Re: Moving Permanently To The US by uniquebony(f): 9:18pm On Sep 14, 2017
Hello house. Am planning on relocating to us with my daughter on a student visa. Though I have a visiting visa which expired May this year. I visited with my daughter only once. My husband has been there since 2014 on a student visa too. What are my options and how soon can we get a green card? I have a good job(banking) here in 9ja but the living apart for 3yrs plus is affecting our relationship. What happens at the expiration of the student visa? How does it affect my daughter too?
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Sebastine1606(m): 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2017

Achaaaaaaa!!!! !!,your are the famous"Oluwastisegun",you have a very nice name, don't spoil the grace in it
Follow the advice you have been given by gurus
I beg you for God's sake
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Sebastine1606(m): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
uniquebony:
Hello house. Am planning on relocating to us with my daughter on a student visa. Though I have a visiting visa which expired May this year. I visited with my daughter only once. My husband has been there since 2014 on a student visa too. What are my options and how soon can we get a green card? I have a good job(banking) here in 9ja but the living apart for 3yrs plus is affecting our relationship. What happens at the expiration of the student visa? How does it affect my daughter too?
Madam,Hmmmm
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by uniquebony(f): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
[I need advice please!!!!!!!!!
quote author=Sebastine1606 post=60485903]
Madam,Hmmmm[/quote]
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by uniquebony(f): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
[Advice me pls quote author=Sebastine1606 post=60485903]
Madam,Hmmmm[/quote]
Re: Moving Permanently To The US by Sebastine1606(m): 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
uniquebony:
[Advice me pls quote author=Sebastine1606 post=60485903]
Madam,Hmmmm
Honestly, your case is like someone cut "in between the devil and deep blue sea"as much as I am aware that your husband is starting away from you ,which is very understanding, I must say he is staying on a student visa, I think it's not nice or appropriate.. ..so going on a student visa too, "if you have already"may not be to good ,you may use it for the purpose,but I can't advice you to stay with it,and on the other hand, your job would have been lost.....so, honestly am confused, your husband had already gone astray ....But follow your heart

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pakistani Men Who Were To Preach Islam To Nigerians Cause Stir On Lagos Flight / Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? / What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.