Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah (20480 Views)

Fragments Of Hidden Memories / Memories Of Cupid(2) / New Story: Cupid's Risk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Nobody: 12:19am On May 15, 2016
Jimi watched through narrow eyes as his little sister jumped around the room in victory, lifting her white blouse with a lipstick print on it to show her pale torso and tiny nipples.

“What is wrong with kids and showing their chests anytime they win something?” Jimi thought loudly.
“Is it some warped form of dominance display originated from our monkey ancestors or what?” he wondered.

Jimi held Viovenna back with his right hand, the latter squirmed hastily to free herself from her brother’s torturous hold.
Elyme shot him a long stare; he offered her a sugar-dusted smile.

“errrh Vio, We know you won. Now the game is over, let Elyme and I have sometime alone” He said, stuffing a cola lolly sweet into her tiny hands. Viovenna smiled, revealing her milk pearly white teeth. She took her slippers on the warm beige rugs and happily left the wing.

“Oh, kids!” Elyme said with a smile tugging at her lips.
“You were once like that too young woman” Jimi winked at her.

“So what did your father say about me the other day? You know we weren’t able to discuss anything due to the foul mood and angry face you put on when you came out but you are in a better mood today” Elyme said, clearing the playing cards on the rug. Viovenna had engaged her in a game few minutes back. It was an interesting one tho.

“let’s talk about other things Stella” He said in a mean tone. “But why?” Elyme blurted out irritatedly. “Because I want us to. Is that too much to ask for?” he asked in a sickeningly sweet tone.
Silence sank over the room.

Elyme raised her eyebrows skyward. She scowled in annoyance. Jimi gave her a reassuring smile. Elyme creased her scanty eyebrows into a deep frown.
“You look like an angry kitten. You’ve got to stop frowning anytime you’re with me”

Elyme chuckled.
“Because?” she asked
Jimi rubbed her fingers with the tip of his index fingers. She smiled.
Jimi played their favourite song- “suit and tie” by Justin Timberlake. They happily sang together and stared into each other’s eyes till it was apparently getting late.

“Jims it’s late already. I have to go now, see you in school tomorrow. You are coming for the clearance right?” She asked, buckling her brown sandals.

“Sure” Jimi said as he pulled her into a deep hug.
Slowly, his lips moved with synchronization over hers. A muffled moan echoed out through the cold night air as he deepened his case. She felt a cold chill run down her spine as her heart threatened to pound a tattoo into her ribcage.

“Goodnight Stella” Jimi said immediately he broke the kiss.
She bit her lips nervously as she gave him a cold response.
“Goodnight”
Elyme picked up her grey coloured side bag and scurried out of his wing. Nausea instantly swept over her as she walked towards the huge gate. She had had to hold herself back from puking.

That was the second kiss and yet she couldn’t define the kind of relationship that existed between herself and Jimi. They weren’t into any kind of relationship and she couldn’t say they were on normal level of friendship.

What sought of plain friendship involved kissing? When was he going to pop up the question? Different questions she couldn’t give an answer to waved up and down her mind as she walked that evening to the cab park.

“Elyme!” Jimi called out loudly immediately he sighted her, thereby attracting some pairs of eyes to himself and the seventeen year old he was calling. Her poke straight raven hair was up in a bun and she had her face caked up in nude make-up.

“How are you Stella” he asked, holding her hand tightly as they walked to Mr. J.J’s shop. They bought two cones of creamy ice cream and sat down under the shade.

“I have been looking for you all day, are you done with your clearance?” he asked with his mesmerizing eyes prying innocently into hers deeply.
Elyme lifted her eyes to the junior students arguing on the number of cones to buy. She was happy she saw something to save her from Jimi’s stares. His eyes could UnCloth someone if care wasn’t taken.

“You haven’t answered my question” Jimi said in a rather harsh tone.
Before Elyme could say Jack Manuel, Puriche pulled the cape of her gown, making her narrowly escape falling.

“you, Elyme. Haven’t I warned you enough? How many times would I make it known to you to stay away from Jimi?” She barked at Elyme who stood frightened. The corner of her lips twitched up in shock.

Elyme could feel heat creeping up her face-not a blush, nothing as simple and understandable as that, but the onset of a panic attack. she couldn’t get enough air into her lungs, her breathes came fast.
“Answer me, or has cat caught your tongue?” her amber eyes screamed seriousness.

Elyme felt tears prick the corners of her eyes as she stared at her oppressor. She had wanted to prove she wasn’t a weakling by slapping her but thought against it. “One doesn’t have to be violent to show you aren’t chicken-hearted” she thought to herself.

Before Jimi could think of what to do aside savageness, even though he was infuriated by Puriche’s action,a great hantle of students had gathered at the spot they were, cheering and laughing like they were being entertained by the scene.
Elyme felt warmth seep down her neck as she beheld the multitude gathered around her.

Puriche felt high, like she was a super star. She was filled with euphoria.

There were soft cackles from students around
“Senior Puriche, You are stained!” A babyish feminine voice boomed out of the crowd. Malicious laughter filled the air from different corners of the bar.

Puriche wished her life could crumble or the ground should prolly swallow her as she turned to see her skirt stained with blood. Her legs shook and tingled with goosebumps.

She hadn’t even know she was due and her period was going to start that day. She swallowed down the lump of tears in her throat that threatened to trickle down her cheeks.

The students burst into gales of laughter, Jimi followed suit and then, Elyme.

“I heard Cassandra has travelled abroad” Oluwole announced to Sandra as he settled down with a glass of cold water on a lounge chair.
“Oh really? Serves her right” she replied.
“After killing Dina and ensuring her father sent Austin to prison, pretty good” she mumbled under her breathe.

“Sandra, look into my eyes, I have been saying this for a while now, I love you”
“Look, I love Austin. I can’t do this to him just because he has been sentenced thirty-six months imprisonment!” Sandra said, adjusting the gauze-like long material covering her legs.

“Thirty-six months? That’s three solid years; c’mon you can’t keep waiting for him Sandra. Even if he gets released, there’s no way he would pick up the pieces of his life, he didn’t graduate and you know that. Now, look at me, am already serving and I’ll be managing my father’s company receiving fat salaries when am done with service”

“Oluwole! Seriously I cant believe you are saying this, you used to be Austin’s close friend and roommate and please stop emphasizing on three years! It’s just thirty six months”

“Seriously, you are just using this thirty six months description to make yourself feel better. Its three years! Wake up Sandra, wake up!” Oluwole mouthed to her.
“Get out of here now!” Sandra barked. Her square jaw was taut with anger. Oluwole watched her face darken and her eyes turned into tumultuous oceans of pain.
“Now!” she repeated very loud and clear.

Waves lay haphazardly on his head just past his ears as his impudent face morphed into forlornness.
“Sandra, the love I have for you is genuine, have that in mind” with that, he walked out of her room.
Sandra sobbed for a while; she made a promise she would never give up on Austin. She assured herself he would come back to her and they would build a strong family-afterall, true love waits.

She packed a plate of yam and fried oniony eggs. She packed another plate of tomato sauce, some cupcakes and some cutlery inside a big lunchbox and dashed to her wardrobe to wear something comfy.

She washed away dried tears at the basin in the bathroom, came back to the room and slipped on her black oyster -like fancy slippers, she put on a bleached gown and applied some make up on her face. She concealed her eye bags with Tara PRO concealer, she didn’t want to give her hostel mates any impression she had been brooding.

She locked her room and flagged down a cab. She described the prison she was going to the cabdriver.
“we don reach madamu” the cabdriver tapped her to draw her attention for he had been screaming the same sentence since heaven knew when.
“Oh, am sorry, I guess I was carried away” she apologized as she handed over some naira notes to the man.

“Small small madam o, this life no hard, wallahi!” he said in a typical Hausa accent which made Sandra smile coyly.

Gone were those days when herself and Austin would laugh their throats out at the thick accent of hausa sellers anytime they wanted to buy the popular students’ food which was steak meats garnished with enough pepper, cucumber and onions usually in front of the school’s multipurpose hall.

Sandra walked into the prison court. She greeted the policemen and soldiers she saw at the entrance and handed some notes which were in five figures to them.

They asked for the name of the person she wanted to see and she was led there by a young man clad in a brown shirt and trousers with some ranks embellished on the shirt showing his professionalism.

“Baby! I’ve missed you so much” Sandra cooed softly as she flung herself into Austin’s wide arms.
“30 minutes!” the warder emphasized on ‘30’ and went out.
“How have you been my love? Am sorry I didn’t come to see you throughout last week” Sandra tendered her apology.

Austin looking unkempt and disheveled placed some sloppy kisses on her forehead.

“I brought some food for you, I would have loved to buy drinks but its forbidden for visitors to do that here” Sandra explained, stroking her fingers lightly on his over grown beard”

“I am still waiting and will continue to wait for you my love.” She declared, fighting back the tears that threatened to spill.

“Please Sandra, you’re the only one I’ve got, don’t give up on me”

“Look here Austin, flowers will die and the sun will set but I won’t forget you. Your name is so precious it will never grow old. It’s engraved in my heart with the letters of gold so you have nothing to worry about”
she said with a sweet smile.

She contemplated on whether to tell Austin what happened earlier that day with his close friend but decided against it. It would be best she kept it as a top secret.

“let me feed you, I want you to enjoy the hot sweet fried eggs especially before it gets cold” she said as she brought out a fork and started feeding Austin in a gentle manner.
“We are here too o, abeg make una no forget us o” the other prisoners Sandra thought were sleeping voiced out.

“Oh!” she clamored and dished out some slices of yam and tomato sauce to them.
“The egg nko?” a heavily bearded dark tall guy asked.
“Sorry, it’s reserved for Austin alone”

Austin pulled her chin up and was about to plant some juicy kisses on her lips when the warder came around.
“Time up!”

“I have seen angels in the sky, I have seen snowfall in Julys, I have seen things you only imagine to see, but I haven’t seen anything sweeter than you my wife! Happy birthday the only one that has the key to my heart” Nella cooed softly.

He brought the goblets closer and poured some champagne into them. Surprise flustered Vera’s eyes as she saw what she had never expected. There in front of her was a magnificent cake, a colourful candle lit illumination, the room was also decorated with balloons of different colours and two duck shaped foams arranged together in such a way that the beaks were in a kissing position.

A well wrapped gift was placed on the shiny silver strips on the bed.
“awwwn, All these for me?”
Nella gave her an ingratiating smile.
“Thank you so much baby”.

“You are welcome and I trust you wouldn’t mind having a quickie on this sentimental bed linen.” He winked seductively at her.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world!”
Nella flexed his sinewy muscles and carefully placed her on the bed.

“Why don’t you let’s start with some tickles. This way!” he said as he reached for her belly.
Vera gave out a long tingling laughter.

1 Like

Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Gmekx(m): 6:16am On May 15, 2016
Jeenah, am behind you. Just keep up with mind blowers
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by divineRx(f): 7:00am On May 15, 2016
Aww dis story is so interestin pls kip up wit d gud work
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by kayoday1(m): 8:05am On May 15, 2016
Nice story waiting for the update oooooo
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Tolulopy(m): 11:12am On May 16, 2016
Jeenah!!!,Update Pls...:-(
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Rapmaestro(m): 11:17am On May 16, 2016
Tolulopy:
Jeenah!!!,Update Pls...:-(
she will.. Don't rush her pls
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by estybae(f): 12:47pm On May 16, 2016
Nice one
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 16, 2016
Typing...

1 Like

Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Nobody: 12:28am On May 18, 2016
Good morning everyone. I just wanna let you all know that am having a problem with my account right now and so all updates would be on www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/memories-of-cupid/ on coolval22.com for now till I get the problem settled.
Thanks for your support and cooperation.
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Rapmaestro(m): 8:25am On May 18, 2016
jeenah:
Good morning everyone. I just wanna let you all know that am having a problem with my account right now and so all updates would be on www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/memories-of-cupid/ on coolval22.com for now till I get the problem settled.
Thanks for your support and cooperation.
how did u type this? Jes wondering
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Nobody: 8:36am On May 18, 2016
Rapmaestro:
how did u type this? Jes wondering

I can actually type, it's just that I can't see some of my updates again and I posted some updates yesterday but I can't see any here... by the way, u can actually b of help by telling me what the last update here was all about.
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Rapmaestro(m): 10:13am On May 18, 2016
jeenah:

I can actually type, it's just that I can't see some of my updates again and I posted some updates yesterday but I can't see any here... by the way, u can actually b of help by telling me what the last update here was all about.
Hmmm.. undecided

Anyways, u did a quickie on how Sandra went to see his boyfriend in the prison(what's his name again sef?) after she was being discouraged by his boyfriend's bestie to let go.. Then u were on how Nella and Vera were being romantic in their bedroom, starting with a tickle and ending with God-knows-what..
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 18, 2016
“So I guess we are ready for the dinner?”
Elyme asked, adjusting her simple
sleeveless teal green gown which stopped
on her knees and with some silver designs
which accentuated her figure.

Her legs were elongated by the high heeled
sandals she wore which matched the set of
sapphire necklace and earrings that Jimi
had bought for her as a surprise gift. Her
visage emanated the beauty and glow of a
young lady in her prime.

Jimi nodded and opened the door of the
back seat of the silver lexus car for her. He
was looking drop dead gorgeous in his gray
tuxedo, narrow leather belt and a silk tie.

Elyme covertly admired the triangle of his
shoulder blades. She drank the scent of his
cologne and sharply inhaled as he held her
hand and they both descended down his
wing.

‘Before I go, I would love to say my
goodbye to Viovenna and Sewedo’’
‘Is that necessary?”

“Oh sure it is”
Jimi heaved a sigh and led her through the
back alley.

“Stop!” she suddenly screeched.
“Any problem?”

“Wow. This place is beautiful. I have never
seen or been to this part of this mansion
before” she said as she suppressed a gasp
which was followed by a fitful sigh.

Surprise flustered her face as she gazed at
the architecturally well structured buildings.
“awwn!, I love the upscale buildings here.

The lawn is beautiful too.” she eyes turned
a shade brighter as she saw an ‘S’ shaped
pool sprinkled with quartzes that glimmered
faintly.
There was also a tall and well
proportioned potted sword plant just behind
the pool. She walked further and reached a
big building which looked desolate.
“Does anyone stay here at all?”

“My mother stays here. This is her funeral
home.”
“Oh. Can I enter please?” “No!” his stern
response and dark eyes sent sparks to her.
There was an eerie silence.

But why?” curiosity transpired on her
countenance. “No!”
“But I “she stopped abruptly when a tiny
bird flew across her face, almost ruining
her dress.

“look, that bird which flew away now shows
this is no time to see mother, she does not
want to be seen now or probably she
doesn’t want to see you”

“Wow. That’s so deep and superstitious.
But is she in a casket?”
“Sure” “please, let me just behold that
casket. Please” Jimi sighed.

“Okay, let’s go but if that’s the case, you
won’t be seeing Sewedo and Vio again else
we’ll end up having the dinner here” “why
not? You guys have enough chefs here and
a beautiful luncheonette too” she teased.
“After you” she chirped at him.

Jimi sighed and led the way. There was a
blue tiled façade at the entrance with sweet
scented anemone ornamental flowers.”

“These flowers are replaced monthly when
dad or myself and my siblings come here to
greet mother.”
“Greet mother?”
“To others, she’s dead but to us, she lives
on”
“Oh” she vociferated.

Adrenaline gripped her chest like the claws
of a predator as she sighted the cream
coloured casket Mrs Kuti slept on in. there
was a gigantic navy blue rug that spread
like a sleeping shellfish on sandy marble
and on it was the casket.

Beside the casket was a glass table which
glowed like a jade lighthouse in the sea of
shadows-well polished and stainless. On it
were ancient pictures of the late woman.

She stood motionless as she stared
spellbound at the gorgeous pictures of the
mother of the person she so much
cherished. She had deep charming dimples
on her chubby cheeks, so cute and
appealing.
Her pair of eyes so perfect and blue as the
snips of autumn sky shone brightly in the
picture.

Apparently Jimi and Viovenna got their
colour of eyes from her. It was obvious she
used to be a vibrant woman in her lifetime-
a woman who battled to the end with
leukemia.

The turbulence of the past dissolved slowly
into a distant clamor in him as he
approached his mother’s casket. It had
been a long time he’d gone to see his
mother due to Elyme that had come into his
life and replaced the dark pit of sorrow his
mother’s death left inside of him.
Even thou he was just eight when she died.
There were still flashes of happy years with
a complete family.

His dad had not even
thought of handling any politico-
administrative post but had gone into the
sector few years after his wife’s death.
His eyes darkened and his pupils dilated as
he moved his gaze from the casket to the
pictures and to the casket again.

A tear escaped his right eye as he
remembered how pleasant and real the love
that existed between his parents was.
“Oh death!” Elyme grimaced as she bit her
lower lips to prevent more tears from
flowing down.
Her tear ducts failed her as
more tears streamed down her cheeks.
“Can we go now?” he asked, gently wiping
off the tears that was already gathered at
the base of his lips.

Elyme slowly nodded, wiping off her own
tears too.
“Sleep on my beautiful queen” he removed
the small rose flower that was on his
tuxedo and placed it on the casket.
“I love you mother” He declared and with
that, he walked briskly out of the building.
Elyme followed suit with flutters of
butterflies overflowed in her bossom.
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 18, 2016
“Am sorry for spoiling your mood by
requesting to see her” Elyme said
apologetically, her lips curved downwards
like a waning moon in a somber sky.
“It’s okay, lets enjoy our meal” He said,
giving her a half smile.

Right on the table was two plates of
barbecue, Kung Pao chicken, Portuguese
pastries and pizza. Jimi had taught her how
to eat those meals on one of those
occasions they were out on dates except
for pizza which she was conversant with-
courtesy of her dad.

The lights in the restaurant bore lone
reflections. The five-star restaurant they
were in had espresso machines which
dispatched white cups full of coffee and
other beverage drinks of fragrant vapour.
They were also served lemon pie and
coffee.

The music bawled from the
speakers high-spirited the sullen
atmosphere and the place was lively in no
time. Couples were seen holding hands and
placing their orders, smiling sweetly like
teenagers drunk in love.

Jimi noticed couples and exchanged smiles
with her.
They ate and talked about their future
plans. They discussed life generally,
education, fun places for summer vacation
and family.

They also joked about Puriche
and how she had been hiding her face
shamefully at school ever since what
happened at the ice cream bar in school.
They also discussed graduation at length till
it was getting late.

Elyme was dropped off
by her gate by Jimi’s new personal driver
and the car sped off but not without him
blowing kisses to her in the air.

Elyme was pressing the ring button which
would alert the gatekeeper someone was at
the gate when her phone highlighted some
incoming messages, one from her mother
telling her not to return home late, one
from a friend on facebook inviting her to
watch a movie and one from Jimi declaring
how much he cherished and loved her. She
smiled and wondered what was delaying the
gatekeeper.

She was about knocking on the gate when a
blindfold slipped on her eyes. A strange
hand covered her mouth preventing her
from screaming. She was hit by a hard
object and she passed out.

Elyme felt a masculine hand touch her
thighs, the hand deepened his fingers there
and she shook her body. She shivered when
his breathe caressed her ear. Her olfactory
lobe got stimulated and she smelt a stench
of cigarette. His mouth hungrily inched
closer and closer until it took hers in a
fervent kiss.

His left hand searched for her boobs while
the right one found the vertex of her fresh
thighs under her gown. Elyme stood
helpless as she remained tied to a pillar
and her eyes blindfolded in an uncompleted
building.

Her blood pressure plummeted as she felt
her blood turned into cold water gagging in
creaky pipes. Elyme stiffened with a sting in
the pit of her stomach as his lips devoured
hers. The moved closer to her and she
could feel her b-----s pressed against the
wall of his wide hairy chest.

His legs were intertwined with hers in a
perfect fit. Everything was orchestrated in a
sinuous synchronism: lips, tongues and
legs.

Elyme felt his hands trailed up to her b----t
contours. With one hand he held her wrists
behind her back. With the other, he traced
the curve of her hips. He lifted her gown up
and caressed her thighs. Suddenly, he
stopped.

He untied her and carried her on long wide
plank. He unbuckled his belt and undid his
zip.

“God, am being molested, I doubt if I would
survive this but I love and will continue to
love you wherever this leads me. I love you
Jimi” she mumbled silently to herself.

“But why is she not picking up the d--n
phone?” Jimi yelled at her brother, Sewedo.
“Did you guys have any misunderstanding
whatsoever at the dinner last night?”
Sewedo asked, trying to gather some ideas
together.

“We didn’t have any misunderstanding
whatsoever. I blew her a kiss in the air
when she alighted and she smiled in return.
She even winked at me!”

“Calm down Jims, what could be wrong?
Have you tried sending her some
messages?”

“I have done everything Sewedo, I have
called her, she didn’t pick up and I sent up
to fifteen messages already but she hasn’t
replied any!”

“Or could it be what am thinking?”

“What are you thinking?” Sewedo asked,
scratching his forehead with his long but
tidy nails.

“could it be because of the message I sent
to her telling her I love her that has made
her refuse to pick my calls or reply my
messages?”

Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by kayoday1(m): 3:25pm On May 18, 2016
Woow getting more Interesting buh please oooo dnt keep us waiting too long oooo
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by efzbah: 5:01pm On May 18, 2016
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Ikdbabie(f): 6:14pm On May 19, 2016
Interesting.more plz
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by IamLukas(m): 7:37pm On May 19, 2016
Ooops,not again! cry
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 19, 2016
Hello everyone, I trust you all are good.

Am sorry, I havent updated, Next update coming up tomorrow tho.

Had migraine today and so i couldn't type but am hoping i would drop something tomorrow even though second semester exam starts on Saturday, I should be able to spice tomorrow up with updates. Thanks for your understanding, Stay tuned#

1 Like

Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by estybae(f): 4:40pm On May 22, 2016
Nice story pls update thnx
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Nobody: 12:48am On May 25, 2016
wooooow!!
This is so inteesting...never read something impeccable in a long time.....more oil and grease to your engine Jeenah
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by estybae(f): 10:38am On May 31, 2016
Pls update thnx
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by estybae(f): 5:11pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hi jeenah, is your phone having issues cos i can't see d updates you've posted. I read it on coolval22 tho' but its better here in nairaland.
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 07, 2016
Vera slipped on her pink butterfly shaped
fancy slippers and walked to the courtyard
where she could have some fresh air. She
had just finished cooking white rice and
some fish stew after watching her favourite
soap opera all day.

Ever since her husband
resumed back to work some days back,
boredom had taken the better part of her.
She just couldn’t wait for her resumption
too.

“There’s nothing compared to missing your
better half” she sighed as she settled on a
white plastic chair. She sipped on her fruit
juice and took some time taking the selfies
she could on snapchat and camera360,
listening to music and also counting the
birds flying to and fro in the sky blue sky.

She smiled as the events of her birthday
flashed through her mind. She had gone on
a date with her husband that day at planet
O hotel in Banana Island. They chilled off
under a cherry tree outside and talked
about how they wanted their marriage to
be, their families, how they met eachother,
their first sex together and all. They ordered
for cheesecakes and milkshakes.

Even though it was dark, some dotted lines
of light followed the plant beds on the
sides. There was a terrace which was
surrounded by transparent glassplates,
floating amid the night that twinkled with
distant skyscrapers and neon towers.

They had enjoyed the fresh breeze that
rubbed softly on their skins and enjoyed the
sight of the beautiful artworks and paintings
outside the hotel’s main reception.

Nella later went in to get a bottle of
champagne and two glasses filled up. He
offered her a glass and instructed her to
drink.

When she almost reached bottom
part of the glass, She could remember she
was surprised when the glass clinked and
kept on clinking till it surprised her lips with
a cold kiss of metal.

A ring rolled onto the palm of her hand as
she turned over the glass. It was platinum
and also embellished with precious stones
like ruby, diamond and tourmaline.

She had instantly felt her throat blocked
and her eyes cloudy with a fog that for an
instant made her world wave out of its
focus.

Nella dried the ring with a face towel and
slid it into her fourth right finger.

“Nella, this ring is so so beautiful, it must
have cost a fortune but you really shouldn’t
have bothered, my wedding rings are
beautiful enough!” she had screeched at the
sight of the ring.

“And is that a way of thanking me for going
out of my way and getting you this?” he had
asked, lifting up his eyebrows.

“oh! Thank you baby, you’re the best”

“Mrs Nella, I want you to wear this all the
time on your right hand, and your wedding
bands on your left” he had simply instructed
and had placed a soft brief kiss on her lips.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 07, 2016
“You’re late for your interview young lady.
Do I have to spell it out to you it was meant
to be 9:00am prompt?” Nella spoke in a
stern tone.

“I apologize Mr. Nella” she said, trying all
her best possible to be formal.
“Didn’t my secretary contact you and told
you the time?” He pressed further.
There was an eerie silence.

“This time I’ll let it pass. In the future if you
would eventually work here, I will not
tolerate it. Is that clear?”

“Yes sir” she replied in a feeble voice.
“You can remove your coat” she obeyed,
revealing what hid underneath a short pink
skirt and an indigo long sleeved shirt.
Feeling exposed, slightly abashed, she
played with the end of the braid hanging
over her shoulder. The luscious hair was
packed up simply.

“Now turn” Nella commanded.

She did as he said, but was reprehended in
a sharp note.
“Slower.”
She finished turning in a tense motion as he
studied her. His incisive gaze paused on
the interstice of naked thighs. He beckoned
on her to move closer. Then he stood to his
feet and advanced to meet her in front of
his mahogany desk in such a way that they
were only a few inches apart.

“On a second thought, I am not going to
forgive this indiscipline,” he said, and now
his voice almost dropped to a whisper:

”Your behaviour disappoints me young lady. You
disregarded punctuality. What do you
suggest I do about that?”

He spoke in an assertive tone-it became
clear the answer did not matter. His gaze
remained unfathomable. His well-drawn
mouth was pressed in a line signaling the
path of his intentions as he moved closer to
her and smelt her.

“I know you; yes I have met you before,
haven’t I?”

She nodded affirmatively.
“Now, what do you want? Just a job or you
wanna dig deep” he asked in a rather ironic
pitch as he raised up his left hand.
“I am ringed!”

“Look who’s here!” Nella’s voiced beamed
from a distance, Vera was jotted back to
the present. She flung her hands around
her husband.
“I missed you dear”
“I miss you more”
“I am terribly hungry, you know I don’t eat
any food aside my wife’s”
“Well, my mother’s too tho” he added,
flashing a bright smile.
“I haven’t cooked tho” she faked a sorry
face.
“No way!”
“Yes way baby, was just pulling your legs”
“You actually pulled my throat too honey, I
just can’t wait to eat your food ma’am”
“How was work today anyway?”

“Can that be discussed much later? I really
have to get busy with food else I’ll do that
with you by yanking off your dress” he
winked.

“I bought this for you tho, I hope you would
like it” he handed over a red lipstick to her.
“awwwn, this is so nice. How did you know
this lipstick is my favourite?” she asked, still
admiring the lipstick.

“You mentioned it to me yourself, you said
you really wished you had a house of Tara
tomato red lipstick and that’s exactly what I
bought for you”

“hmm, from where? Or how come you know
house of Tara products?” “Honey, I would
faint soon if I don’t get something into this
belly of mine”

“Oh, am sorry sweetheart, after me”
Vera led him happily to the dinning room.
He was served a plate of white rice with
fish stew and a glass of fruit wine.

He hungrily devoured it. Vera was flustered
with surprise as she had not seen that side
of her husband- a hungry Nella.

Vera smiled at her husband, she could say
her marriage was perfect. Whoever said
marriage wasn’t a bed of roses was a
blatant liar, cause to her, marriage is a bed
of roses.

“Thanks for the meal dear, it was
wonderful.”

“Anything for you dear”
“Mom called to say hi, she said she would
be expecting us by weekend” she mouthed
to him.

“Yeah, we have to go see her but this
weekend? I doubt” he scratched his ear
softly.
“But why?” Vera squeezed her face in
discontent.

“A meeting has been scheduled with OPAC
enterprises and it’s booked for this weekend
already, I doubt if I would be able to go with
you.”

“We’ll go next weekend then, just ensure
you don’t book any of your meetings this
time around.”

“Yes ma’am.”

“I have to go take a shower dear, I’ll join
you in a jiffy, we should be able to stroll
out, possible jog around the neighbourhood
again this evening” he suggested, stifling a
broad smile.

“For where? I won’t let you stress me out
the way you did the other day, you had to
back me like a baby into this house and it
was embarrassing- romantic tho”
“Do you want to tell me you dint enjoy the
stares from our neighbours?” he said
sarcastically.

“And of course, you are a baby”

“ A baby has to be in that nursery upstairs
soon, then I would be a babymama not a
baby” she joked, her face fell when the
thought of Nella’s medical condition
crossed her mind but suppressed it with a
smile that Nella hardly noticed the change
in her.

“Alright baby, lemme go have a quick bathe,
love you loads” he declared.

“Same here love” she blew him some kisses
which he returned too.

Nella scurried up to the bathroom, he
whistled as he had a warm bath. After the
quick shower, He dried his body with a
towel and put on a blue T-shirt over black
shorts. The event of the day flashed
through his mind.

But what was he going to do about the
young lady that just surfaced at his office
anyway? Since it wouldn’t be easy denying
her of the job cause she was on second
class upper but wouldn’t she pose a threat
to his marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by estybae(f): 11:53am On Jun 08, 2016
Nice update
Re: Memories Of Cupid By Jeenah by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 09, 2016
Costlybabe Halfcaste1 shokoloko morsadh
incredibleme, Rhyno02, sommyqueen, estellar12,
nickilimah, almacherish, codedbaby,
Timothy3113, bibie01, Aliyuozioma, princesa,
ADUKKY, Oyizzti, Mercyesse, Holubunmi, ully,
Hauneg, Jiteshell, vivikul, vicosir, typompy234,
ifyonoj, deebarbie, ormorlehwah, kanechimex,
Temmyojo, Flakkydagirl, MsMichaelz orla01 slap1
Plaitex emmabest2000 tbmas goldwaters
Kaycee7 timpaker dadoctore pammusphy
toykathy Essyydiamond avuekwe hebenz
Fatalveli Savigne Ruhbiee zinylizzy okotv
maryhaam aiyepekuruth vonn adeayomi08
olarafiat fadario oHaddy Olamilekan08 chibwike
Euphrosyne rahmatitohan Bhummieluv bookhy
Pororo joe17 Freshpage capip120 adalusha101
bountiouz Candis009 pricelesslove Goldenbasil
Jennimma gaczee99 Dorisbest philmama
PrinceAdepoju Sarahjoe1000 Whizpeter
Snowangel4 jaybiz007 aprilwise sammyjay3
ifynwa15 Damzy997 nnoly Okinjay wunmzylala
debybeautyworld akejujoe shomart plumule
tumaraya Hameenat94 lilypet Smartlux
Queenxstar mmig Adesylvia hephzibahbeulah
zoe123 Balley Funniez Emanuel1997 ojingbe
leoloi shaks97 omoh19 ezblessyn indomitable234
segunjowo Maryclaire1 d4real890 handmaid
purityval ance12 Cheriepet Vickthoriah seunviju
christabeli Ainooyozi seunlarry ADUKKY
typompy234 preciousberry Gibjewel Funkybim
Balley JeffreyJamez Ladycarol Mj45 PrettySpicey
capip120 crislyn ully Shoelace1 ameenahz
Chiamaka01 bussyzionite charijee Orikinla
promzee4d Debbysky kaylasparkz Ice4jez kinibd
hieroglophyicz onosj gal10 ojingbe stormybucci
crislyn trusted PrettySpicey fadario mitchie58
dammygoody kceemart jollyjoy Kprice anasbeaut
goldwaters Jennimma Joannicky Maryclaire1
swtangeljones codedbaby zoe123 Bilany
blondndbeautiful omotalkie Funniez 3Dimension
Balley oHaddy Emmykul4love Annie09 Ego2
Mercyesse khaffy Funniez chii8 eneLight3 lait
Harrychocoberry vance12 olarafiat ebysandra
Komzzy1 annylove Jesusbaby93 oluwabunmilola
Vibra RAFIC Toeyean1507 heemah bouqui009
Yudeeaikay ToriEmMason SexySapphire
SallychizzI3 Suzzytee05 phebean008 Princesschi
udison boladex1 Tbrak olasunbophummie
Babetolux myndd holyboss MidieMeliss
Orlolahdey kaypayble GbemiAjags01 pinkylev
shomart crazo arolexwalex1, kadiriafolasade
BabieGhagha Tomkhalifa52,
Kajiang02 Omoakin5 HelenBee, Mrblaze06,
abbychi, somaa

I need you guys to go through my first story and comment... thx

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#EnglishAttack: Which Is Correct "This Days" Or " These Days". / Cyprian Ekwensi Plagiarized Hausa Story "Jiki Magayi" / My Personal Demon 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.