Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening (186052 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Obainofresh: 7:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hi every one , please I sincerely need a help , I got a Tourist visa with my wife for honeymoon . Now we told the VO that we were traveling to Chicago . But my wife is insisting we go to NY , so my question is if there would be a problem waiting for us in NY port of entering . Please advice me
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Panama07: 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hello Abujaniv.... Thanks for your prompt update here, may God continue to bless and guild you. Pls what's the time lag for visa issuance after approval because I got approval for my F2 visa on Monday 13th but still unable to pick up, the status remain "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate"
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Leetwho(m): 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
Good afternoon house, Please if someone gets his 1-20 mailed to him does he have to pay for SEVIS again before his VISA application?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hello Leetwho. You only need to pay the SEVIS one time.

Leetwho:
Good afternoon house, Please if someone gets his 1-20 mailed to him does he have to pay for SEVIS again before his VISA application?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by AbiodunF1: 10:22am On Mar 27, 2017
Hello house,
Attn. Abujaniv,

I must say it was a mistake that i didn't come here and pay rapt attention to get credible advice here before going for my F1 VISA interview in Abu Dhabi today.

Anyway, i have been regretted because i failed to demonstrate strong ties to my country of residence. i.e, ineligible under section 214{b}.

My question now are:
1. Should i reapply to US embassy in Lagos, since that's my country and family ties may be considered as reason to return home? {I am married} though she also reside here in UAE, though she didn't ask any question her, i assume she doesn't expect a Taxi driver to have his wife here, its normal. She specifically mentioned my job.

2. How long before i can reapply? {note, i have just been rejected today} Can i use the same SEVIS fee confirmation if applying soon?

3. I want to study Bachelor of social work because it covers my area of passion and interest, i am currently a driver here UAE which i believe downplay my credibility since your job here matters. But its a job i agree to do to enable me save money towards my desire to study abroad looking at Naira/Dollar exchange rate. Should i travel to Nigeria for interview purpose, will this still be able to impact my visa? Originally, i am passionate about things that concerns the youth, family, less privileged or disadvantaged; i want to mentor youths, to get involved in advocating the right of women in marriage in Nigeria who are being maltreated, etc. I want to do this professionally.

4. Is it compulsory to apply to many schools in the US? 'cos she asked i said its just this one.

5. Said i should only reapply when my status has changed.

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by charzyh2: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2017
Visa Officer, can an international student transfer from a US school to a Canadian school without going back to Nigeria?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
Good day AbiodunF1.
1. You may apply wherever you want. As you might expect, visa officers working in Nigeria are typically more familiar with Nigerian applicants and their circumstances.
2. You may apply again whenever you like, but keep in mind, if nothing material has changed in your circumstances, the result is likely to be the same.
3. You may apply wherever you want.
4. It is not compulsory. People who are serious about their education typically consider multiple schools before deciding on one.
5. Good advice.

AbiodunF1:
Hello house,
Attn. Abujaniv,

I must say it was a mistake that i didn't come here and pay rapt attention to get credible advice here before going for my F1 VISA interview in Abu Dhabi today.

Anyway, i have been regretted because i failed to demonstrate strong ties to my country of residence. i.e, ineligible under section 214{b}.

My question now are:
1. Should i reapply to US embassy in Lagos, since that's my country and family ties may be considered as reason to return home? {I am married} though she also reside here in UAE, though she didn't ask any question her, i assume she doesn't expect a Taxi driver to have his wife here, its normal. She specifically mentioned my job.

2. How long before i can reapply? {note, i have just been rejected today} Can i use the same SEVIS fee confirmation if applying soon?

3. I want to study Bachelor of social work because it covers my area of passion and interest, i am currently a driver here UAE which i believe downplay my credibility since your job here matters. But its a job i agree to do to enable me save money towards my desire to study abroad looking at Naira/Dollar exchange rate. Should i travel to Nigeria for interview purpose, will this still be able to impact my visa? Originally, i am passionate about things that concerns the youth, family, less privileged or disadvantaged; i want to mentor youths, to get involved in advocating the right of women in marriage in Nigeria who are being maltreated, etc. I want to do this professionally.

4. Is it compulsory to apply to many schools in the US? 'cos she asked i said its just this one.

5. Said i should only reapply when my status has changed.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello charzyh2. You'll have to ask the Canadians.

charzyh2:
Visa Officer, can an international student transfer from a US school to a Canadian school without going back to Nigeria?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by AbiodunF1: 7:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
abujaniv:
Good day AbiodunF1.
1. You may apply wherever you want. As you might expect, visa officers working in Nigeria are typically more familiar with Nigerian applicants and their circumstances.
2. You may apply again whenever you like, but keep in mind, if nothing material has changed in your circumstances, the result is likely to be the same.
3. You may apply wherever you want.
4. It is not compulsory. People who are serious about their education typically consider multiple schools before deciding on one.
5. Good advice.

Thanks for your time and advice, please i need to know:
1. If my being married and giving my parents and wife's address in Nigeria will be enough to cover as a good reason to return home after study?
2. Do i need to pay SEVIS FEE again if i'm applying to attend interview in Nigeria? The status still shows fee is paid.

Thanks again.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello Abiodun1.
1. Are these facts new? If not, you can be sure that they were taken into account at your previous interview.
2. This question has been addressed on this very same page in this thread. Please do a little research before you ask a new question.

AbiodunF1:

Thanks for your time and advice, please i need to know:
1. If my being married and giving my parents and wife's address in Nigeria will be enough to cover as a good reason to return home after study?
2. Do i need to pay SEVIS FEE again if i'm applying to attend interview in Nigeria? The status still shows fee is paid.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by spothot: 7:29am On Mar 28, 2017
Good day. I have been a secondary school teacher for a few years now even though I have a BSc degree in Engineering. However, I have been constantly troubled by the call of God upon my life and I have finally decided to yield to it. So, I have decided to enrol for a Diploma in theology program in a bible school in the u.s.a but while going through this thread, it seems the consulate may reject a BSc graduate going for a Diploma program objecting that I ought to be going for a Master's program.
Please I need some clarifications
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by kelvyn02: 10:42am On Mar 28, 2017
Please I have a valid B1/B2 visa and I just came back from the US where i spent 3 weeks.

I wish to study there, I have applied and gotten admission into a masters programme.

Now, I hear chances of my existing visa being cancelled and my F1 visa denied are high because I just got back and it might be seen as an intent to migrate.
Do u adivise me to travel again and change status while in the US ?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by shakol91(m): 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
Please we need your help urgently, my friend is going for interview this week friday but the school hasn't send the i20 form. Pls what can he do between now and friday. He has contacted the school severally before the interview date but the school has been given excuse for the delayed i20 due to backlog of admission what other means can he use to cover for the i20 form
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 28, 2017
hello house.
please am just receiving my sevis I-20 from d school and I will like to know the type of questions that can ask for undergraduate students,house ur contribute question is highly needed.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 4:37pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hello spothot. Please rephrase this into an actual question.

spothot:
Good day. I have been a secondary school teacher for a few years now even though I have a BSc degree in Engineering. However, I have been constantly troubled by the call of God upon my life and I have finally decided to yield to it. So, I have decided to enrol for a Diploma in theology program in a bible school in the u.s.a but while going through this thread, it seems the consulate may reject a BSc graduate going for a Diploma program objecting that I ought to be going for a Master's program.
Please I need some clarifications
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 4:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hello kelvyn02. You have received bad advice. Plenty of people carry more than one type of visa at the same time, such as an F1 and B1/B2. We do not advise you to travel and adjust status.

kelvyn02:
Please I have a valid B1/B2 visa and I just came back from the US where i spent 3 weeks.

I wish to study there, I have applied and gotten admission into a masters programme.

Now, I hear chances of my existing visa being cancelled and my F1 visa denied are high because I just got back and it might be seen as an intent to migrate.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hello shakol91. An applicant cannot get a student visa without a valid I-20. If a school fails to provide an I-20 in a timely manner, that might call into question whether it is a legitimate institution of higher education.

shakol91:
Please we need your help urgently, my friend is going for interview this week friday but the school hasn't send the i20 form. Pls what can he do between now and friday. He has contacted the school severally before the interview date but the school has been given excuse for the delayed i20 due to backlog of admission what other means can he use to cover for the i20 form
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by spothot: 12:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
[quote author=abujaniv post=55038504]Hello spothot. Please rephrase this into an actual question.

My question is: is it true that the consulate might reject a BSc graduate going for a Diploma program in a completely different field instead of a Master's program in his former field or in his new field of study
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 3:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello spothot. Every situation is different.

[quote author=spothot post=55063454][/quote]
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by emmsana: 7:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello,
I have some questions about the J1 visa. I am a professional graphics designer with almost 10 years of experience . Though I freelance and have my own registered Ltd (5 years) firm as freelancer.
Now I plan to get more training in the state. I have been looking around for some companies to give me an offer in either Art, Design or Web Development. But I already have a sponsor organization (yet to pay for their services)

My question are
1.what is the importance of bank statement and funds for my application even though am going for a paid training/internship
2. Is a part-time paid training/internship a good offer or I better get a full time offer
3. Is my my family, properties and registered firm a good tie
4. What else do you advise I prepare for as a 1st time applicants. Though I was refused undergraduate student visa by UK in year 2000.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello emmsana. The J1 visa is usually driven by the petitioner and under the rubric of educational exchange. It is generally short term, like a few months, and often includes a stipend for the qualifying applicant. From what you describe, it looks like you're looking for a full-on work visa, an H1-B. Again, that is a process driven by the employer/petitioner.

emmsana:
Hello,
I have some questions about the J1 visa. I am a professional graphics designer with almost 10 years of experience . Though I freelance and have my own registered Ltd (5 years) firm as freelancer.
Now I plan to get more training in the state. I have been looking around for some companies to give me an offer in either Art, Design or Web Development. But I already have a sponsor organization (yet to pay for their services)

My question are
1.what is the importance of bank statement and funds for my application even though am going for a paid training/internship
2. Is a part-time paid training/internship a good offer or I better get a full time offer
4. What else do you advise I prepare for as a 1st time applicants. Though I was refused undergraduate student visa by UK in year 2000.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:50am On Mar 31, 2017
spothot,

They might, but not for the reason you think. What matters in F1 interviews is demonstrating to the officer's satisfaction that a) you have sufficient ties to Nigeria to show your intent to return, and b) that you are a credible student. There are many reasons why people may choose to pursue a different field mid-academic career -- the burden on you is to explain why this makes sense for you.

[quote author=spothot post=55063454][/quote]
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 7:58am On Mar 31, 2017
Christogenesis3,

If you choose to come in for your interview, ensure that you have coordinated sufficiently with your school (via the international student coordinator) about your SEVIS status and the reason for your delay. Schools can report students for not showing up the first day of class, resulting in loss of active SEVIS status. Active SEVIS status is a requirement for the visa, so if you lose it, we will not be able to issue to you even if you otherwise qualify. Some schools recognize that legitimate delays sometimes happen and can accommodate if given the chance -- but the burden of working that out with them is on the applicant.

Christogenesis3:
Morning all.....I Am Emmanuel by name and I Am going for my Master of art in theology.... I have been denied visa twins and I have reapplied.

I have a problem... Which is, the date of my appointment is the Same as the date my school is resumming.... is it advisable to go for the interview or not?

Thank u....
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 8:10am On Mar 31, 2017
emmsana,

You are not required to bring any supporting documents (like bank statements, letters of recommendation, etc.) to your interview. I cannot comment on your specific case/ties/chances. General advice that applies to everyone is to understand your own ties and plans, and be prepared to discuss them with your interviewer. You do not need a prepared speech -- in fact, that can be detrimental because it hinders the natural conversation the officer will try to have with you. Responding honestly and knowledgeably to the officer's questions is the best way to help them assess whether you meet the qualifications.

emmsana:
Hello,

My question are

Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 8:26am On Mar 31, 2017
kelvyn02,

We cannot comment on your specific case. You are correct in that non-immigrant intent is a requirement for the F1 visa. Generally speaking, we may consider how someone has used any previous visas in assessing their eligibility for another one. For instance, if someone's previous travel demonstrated immigrant intent or broke any U.S. laws, they may not be eligible or qualify for a new visa. Certain infractions are severe enough to merit revocation of any current visas. Conversely, if someone traveled well -- did not break laws or demonstrate immigrant intent -- that can help convince the officer they qualify for a new visa. Every case is different.

kelvyn02:

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by emmsana: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
abujaniv:
emmsana,

You are not required to bring any supporting documents (like bank statements, letters of recommendation, etc.) to your interview. I cannot comment on your specific case/ties/chances. General advice that applies to everyone is to understand your own ties and plans, and be prepared to discuss them with your interviewer. You do not need a prepared speech -- in fact, that can be detrimental because it hinders the natural conversation the officer will try to have with you. Responding honestly and knowledgeably to the officer's questions is the best way to help them assess whether you meet the qualifications.

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate. I will keep you updated as I move on with the application.

Thanks for the good work.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by duduafri: 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hello VO,

I must commend you guys for doing a great job here.

I have been accepted for MBA program in the US, my program start date is August 26th 2017.

I'll like to know how soon I can schedule appointment for F1 visa.

Regards,

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36)

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.