Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening (185984 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (36) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hello Energgyyy -

It means we still have additional administrative processing which needs to be done before we can adjudicate your application.

Energgyyy:
Dear abujaniv,

Thank you for always responding promptly.
Since I submitted my additional document based on my 221g request, my visa status case date on the ceac website has been updated twice but its still showing administrative processing.

Please what is the implication?

Thank you in anticipation
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Energgyyy: 1:08am On Jul 26, 2017
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Shizy: 7:04am On Jul 26, 2017
Go in the house I am a newbie and need a response from you asap please help me out here I have gone for interview 2times in the space of 3weeks yet my visa was being denied which I don't just understand my friend got his in 2nd attempt,please what do I do and how can you guys help me to pass this interview cause class starts on 5th of September but I have to be there fore august 28th please help me out...thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by walkingwealth: 7:52am On Jul 26, 2017
Good day to you all, i have applied for f1 visa twice last year and I was denied tho I didn't get my i20 sign by my sponsor and my school didnt require a test for I meet up with the requirements, so I didn't write tofel or sat, I actually applied for undergraduate program, tho I have my 1st degree wish I didn't make it known in my ds-160 last year because I graduated with a third class, but my intention is to get another degree with a better result. I am about going back for the third time with the same university I applied initially, please I need your advise on how to come out success this third time.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by evelynne20: 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hello everyone....went for my interview on 21 this month and was issued a denial paper .I want to re apply now as my school will be resuming nextmonth...please and please I need help on I can get it approved this time.thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Glurssymum: 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
Hello house I was denied today and have made another payment to reschedule appointment because my school resumes next month. Can someone help me with how to navigate on the scheduling appointment page as my old appointment is still there and not allowing me schedule another. I will appreciate your swift response as this is very urgent
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Habisoye: 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2017
Abeg help me oo, my interview is next week friday and i don do error for my form.

i filled Museum address as place of stay and contact address in the U.S instead of the hotel address.
Please gurus in the house,
1. is there a way i can resolve this on the form
2. And if i fill a new form and disregard the old form, how would i sort out the issue of barcode, cos am sure it won't match with the appointment confirmation again?
2. Or i can go to the interview like that and defend it claiming it's an error when i was filling the form?
3. Wont this hinder my interview success, cos i know 'where will you be staying in the US?' is usually a common question.

Please Gurus, help me.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by kodeya(m): 8:33am On Jul 27, 2017
Dear Abujaniv,

Please what is the difference between Appointment confirmation and the DS-160 form. I don't understand o. The file attached in the confirmation email I recieved is the same as the DS-160 form I printed after my visa application.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Energgyyy: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2017
Had a similar issue. Just message support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
Tell them your issue

Abeg help me oo, my interview is next week friday and i don do error for my form.

i filled Museum address as place of stay and contact address in the U.S instead of the hotel address.
Please gurus in the house,
1. is there a way i can resolve this on the form
2. And if i fill a new form and disregard the old form, how would i sort out the issue of barcode, cos am sure it won't match with the appointment confirmation again?
2. Or i can go to the interview like that and defend it claiming it's an error when i was filling the form?
3. Wont this hinder my interview success, cos i know 'where will you be staying in the US?' is usually a common question.

Please Gurus, help me.[/quote]
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by chuksvato: 3:00am On Jul 28, 2017
Hello, VO please i made a mistake filling the DS-160 application, please can i correct the mistake and how is it done
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 11:45am On Jul 28, 2017
Read the last 2 posts before yours. They address your same question.

chuksvato:
Hello, VO please i made a mistake filling the DS-160 application, please can i correct the mistake and how is it done
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Feyi2017: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hello nairalanders. I'm new to this forum. Well, not really. I've been following the threads for a while now. I went for an f-1 visa interview this month but was denied. It was completely my fault I wouldn't even lie. I have another interview scheduled for the first of August and I think I'm ready this time but it'll be nice to get one or two inputs from someone here. I'd hate to have to be denied a second time
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hello Feyi2017. Be prepared to present new information that you were not able to communicate at the first interview. If nothing has changed, the result is likely to be the same.

Feyi2017:
Hello nairalanders. I'm new to this forum. Well, not really. I've been following the threads for a while now. I went for an f-1 visa interview this month but was denied. It was completely my fault I wouldn't even lie. I have another interview scheduled for the first of August and I think I'm ready this time but it'll be nice to get one or two inputs from someone here. I'd hate to have to be denied a second time
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Yemak74: 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hi SVT
Thanks for your usual coperation. Pls my brother was denied student visa and reapplied immediately, but on completing the application, the appointment schedule confirmation was generated using the previous ds 160 form to re reapply, but no new application confirmation page generated, what should he do please. Awaiting your response.
VO
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Silensa(m): 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
Dear abujaiv, I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this question but please any help you render will be appreciated well by me.
I want to apple for student visa for masters degree in USA. I just have my international passport and apart from that i don't know what to do or where to go. I am currently in Abuja.
Please help me in any way
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by visionphemy: 6:12am On Aug 05, 2017
hi abujaNIV, i was meant to be be interviewed for f1 visa yesterday but was turned back cos of the difference in bar code on my visa application. i was told i can still use the visa fee to re apply for interview but i have tried it this morning but its (fee payment page) is not permitting me to book another interview.please what should i do
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 8:49am On Aug 05, 2017
Hello Yemak74. This question is best posed to customer service.

Yemak74:
Hi SVT
Thanks for your usual coperation. Pls my brother was denied student visa and reapplied immediately, but on completing the application, the appointment schedule confirmation was generated using the previous ds 160 form to re reapply, but no new application confirmation page generated, what should he do please. Awaiting your response.
VO
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 8:51am On Aug 05, 2017
Hello Silensa.
https://educationusa.state.gov/ is an excellent resource.

Silensa:
Dear abujaiv, I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this question but please any help you render will be appreciated well by me.
I want to apple for student visa for masters degree in USA. I just have my international passport and apart from that i don't know what to do or where to go. I am currently in Abuja.
Please help me in any way
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 8:52am On Aug 05, 2017
Hello visionphemy. This is a question best posed to customer service.

visionphemy:
hi abujaNIV, i was meant to be be interviewed for f1 visa yesterday but was turned back cos of the difference in bar code on my visa application. i was told i can still use the visa fee to re apply for interview but i have tried it this morning but its (fee payment page) is not permitting me to book another interview.please what should i do
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Biut(m): 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2017
Hi Abujaniv, I wish to apply for a 6month training and an MSc course in the US. The training starts by March and concludes around August/September. However my MSc programme may also start that September next year. How do I go about the visa application for both, do I still have to come back to Nigeria after my 6month training to apply again for a visa for the MSc or I can get an extension while in the US?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by visionphemy: 4:13am On Aug 06, 2017
thanks dear NIV I was denied visa last year and now my school is resuming 15th and their is no more date for interview before that day do you still advise i apply for an interview days later than my resumption.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2017
Hello Biut. It sounds like you will need to be issued I-20s by both schools, and potentially two separate visas. I'd advise you to consult with the schools first to find out what their requirements are and proceed from there.

Biut:
Hi Abujaniv, I wish to apply for a 6month training and an MSc course in the US. The training starts by March and concludes around August/September. However my MSc programme may also start that September next year. How do I go about the visa application for both, do I still have to come back to Nigeria after my 6month training to apply again for a visa for the MSc or I can get an extension while in the US?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2017
Hello visionphemy. If you have not yet attended this school, you have to "start" going there before you can "resume." We can't issue a visa for a school whose start date has already passed. You will need a new I-20 or a letter from the school authorizing a late start. Even if you had the visa, you would likely be turned around at the port of entry.

visionphemy:
thanks dear NIV I was denied visa last year and now my school is resuming 15th and their is no more date for interview before that day do you still advise i apply for an interview days later than my resumption.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by sobastical: 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
Good afternoon abujaNIV

I should have table this here long ago but I couldn't find this thread on time but let me briefly say it here by firstly commending you for your swift response to questions here.
Here's my case, I went for interview for F1 last year December 27th or so and was denied, So I paid for another visa fee and schedule for January 5th for appointment at the Lagos consulate but unfortunately I was turned back because my old DS-160 code was still reflecting on my appointment. The lady at the biometric spot told me to back that I will be given another date after 5 days she gave me a paper containing some information and I should check the my appointment account online to correct the error but I kept getting an error that my MRV code doesn't exist and can't be found which is my receipt from the visa fee payment gotten from the bank wasn't valid anymore.

I called the embassy help center nothing came out, I sent mails but all was futile. I want to know if there's something that could still be done to that. I just want to know. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Silva094: 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2017
Please, gurus in the house, my school offered me conditional admission pending when I finish my English as a second language program successfully. Now my question is do I have any chance of having visa with such admission? Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2017
Hello sobastical. If customer service was unable to help you, I don't have a better answer for you. Applicants who follow the instructions on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ generally have no problems in submitting an application, paying the fee, and scheduling an interview.

sobastical:
Good afternoon abujaNIV

I should have table this here long ago but I couldn't find this thread on time but let me briefly say it here by firstly commending you for your swift response to questions here.
Here's my case, I went for interview for F1 last year December 27th or so and was denied, So I paid for another visa fee and schedule for January 5th for appointment at the Lagos consulate but unfortunately I was turned back because my old DS-160 code was still reflecting on my appointment. The lady at the biometric spot told me to back that I will be given another date after 5 days she gave me a paper containing some information and I should check the my appointment account online to correct the error but I kept getting an error that my MRV code doesn't exist and can't be found which is my receipt from the visa fee payment gotten from the bank wasn't valid anymore.

I called the embassy help center nothing came out, I sent mails but all was futile. I want to know if there's something that could still be done to that. I just want to know. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2017
Hello Silva094. We don't discuss chances on this forum.

Silva094:
Please, gurus in the house, my school offered me conditional admission pending when I finish my English as a second language program successfully. Now my question is do I have any chance of having visa with such admission? Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by sobastical: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello sobastical. If customer service was unable to help you, I don't have a better answer for you. Applicants who follow the instructions on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ generally have no problems in submitting an application, paying the fee, and scheduling an interview.

Alright
Thanks ma'am
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Biut(m): 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Biut. It sounds like you will need to be issued I-20s by both schools, and potentially two separate visas. I'd advise you to consult with the schools first to find out what their requirements are and proceed from there.

Thanks alot, really appreciate
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Fenix: 10:27pm On Aug 06, 2017
Hello VO,

I would like to know if a denial for a change of status is the same as denial of a visa. I have once been denied a change of status in 2009 when I was in the States. I have not been back to the US since then. However I recently gotten admission into a good school (along the lines of Harvard/Princeton/Stanford) with a scholarship and am quite worried that this will negatively affect me getting a visa.

On the DS160 form, where it asks if I have ever been denied a visa, I stated "No" as I was not sure if the denial of a change of status was the same thing as a denial of a visa. However on the question of whether I have ever overstayed a visa, I stated "yes" and went on to explain. I am not sure if these two questions are asking the same thing. I would really appreciate your input.

Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (36)

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.