Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,232 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening (185956 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by TipsyJake(m): 11:23am On Jun 29, 2018
Hello e-family, am a newbie here and don't even know if am using the right medium to make comment. A friend referred me to this platform and honestly, am impressed with what I have seen so far.

I got admitted unconditionally to ETSU for fall 2018 semester, but am presently having delays in my visa process.

Please can someone help out on the following;
1. How to make comment on the right thread so friends who has ideas can help out.
2. How to make PM (personal message).
3. Would like to be link to justwise, lagosismyHome, imperiouxx, walspring, texrem, profOjah1234 and chiezhh.

Thanks for understanding.
Appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Entrepreneur25: 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thank you AbujaNIV. Sorted!

Entrepreneur25:
Dear AbujaNIV,

Great work you all are doing here. I am a current Graduate Student in the US, and with two classes left, I will be graduating by December, 2018. I came back to Nigeria for a funeral and some business, and thought it wise to renew my visa even though it was still valid, but had a few days left. Since, I have used the dropbox service with my previous visa, I thought it wise to do a dropbox with the F1 too, especially with about 22 days still left on the visa. However, my passport is yet to be delivered and as at last check, the current status displaying "administrative processing". Here are my timelines

Passport dropped: June 1st
Passport update/received: June 6th
Email sent to Abuja requesting update: June 20th
Passport changed to "administrative processing": June 20th
Date of previous F1 expiration: June 23rd

I had wanted to take a class in Summer II, but now I have to push it to the fall. In all, I have two classes to take to before graduating in December, 2018.

I have changed my return flight to the states twice, waiting on my passport. I had planned a few business travels before the end of the year, and hence the renewal was important. Any update on my F1 renewal will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your update.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by kosokodebo: 1:17am On Jul 07, 2018
Hello Nairaland,
I am presently filling the DS-160 form, but I am stuck on the present occupation section.
Please I need your view on that.
I finished youth service December 2017 and I haven't had anything tangible doing since then.
My January to March was used to prepare and write my GRE exams.
April till now, I have been in London ever since helping my aunt out.
So whats your advice on what to fill in the present occupation section?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by odrian(m): 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2018
Dear AbujaNIV,

I'm to be in school before august 1st.The interview date I got was for august 3rd, so I put up for an emergency appointment which was approved, but all i could get from the emergency calendar is 1st of august, I'm so confuse on what to do right now.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by justlala: 4:24am On Jul 10, 2018
Good day, I would like my brother to participate in the J1 program. are there agencies in Nigeria for that? I already have a us employer but I need an agency to facilitate the process.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by AwesomeGod2018: 12:10am On Jul 11, 2018
[quote author=chucks33 post=59950563]Good day,please I had my F1 visa interview on July 12th and was denied.Am going to Troy University to obtain a bachelors degree in nursing,I got a $6000 scholarship too.Diz is wat transpired
Me:Good day
C.officer:Good day,ur passport and i20 plz
Me:Sure,no p
C.officer:so wat are u doing currently
Me:am a student,graduated in 2016,took a yr off in writing my SATs and applying to oda skuls too
c.officer:how many skuls did u apply to and who's paying for diz trip
Me:3 skuls,and my uncle is
C officer:and who told u about dem
Me:a cousin of mine over dere helped me out with it.
Daht was it,she handed de green paper over to me.[]

1 Like

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by AwesomeGod2018: 12:12am On Jul 11, 2018
Hi, i'ld like to know if you were eventually given the Visa to study in Troy University
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by justwise(m): 6:55am On Jul 12, 2018
abujaniv:
Hello, Nairaland!

Our other visa thread, U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening, has been a success in dispelling some of the myths associated with the visa process. We have enjoyed answering all of your pertinent questions and as we get ready for the upcoming summer cycle that sees a huge increase in student visas, we wanted to create a new forum JUST for applicants with questions about student visas (F1, M1, & J1).

We are U.S. Foreign Service Officers working in Abuja and Lagos and we are looking forward to answering your student related questions. Please note that we do not comment on specific cases, we do not offer advice, and we will not answer abusive or insulting posts.

While we will attempt to explain U.S. immigration policies on student visas and provide overall visa application guidance, any opinions expressed are the personal views of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Government.

There is a separate Immigrant and Diversity Visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s., also handled by a U.S. Foreign Service Officers in Nigeria, so please use this thread only for questions about student visas. If you have general non-immigrant visa questions, please visit the other thread here, https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Student Visa Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36)

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.