Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,764 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. (5382 Views)

CBN Recruitment 2017/2018 – Click Here To Apply. / Recruitment: Nigeria Immigration Warns Applicants Against Fraudsters / Nirsal And Cbn Recruitment Is Going On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by Bandeco(m): 1:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
SaharaReporters has obtained a list of at least 91 people tied to influential or highly placed Nigerians who were recently offered juicy appointments by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in a hiring process that was highly secretive. The list of beneficiaries of the CBN’s job largesse include a daughter of former Vice President Abubakar Atiku, a son of Mamman Daura, a nephew of President Muhammadu Buhari and one of the closest members of the president’s inner circle, a son of the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, a daughter of former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Ghali Na’aba, also daughter of of the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, a since of the Minister of Internal Affairs, Abdurahman Danbazzau and at least 86 others.

The highly controversial recruitment, seen as peddling of influence, first came to light a few weeks ago, but SaharaReporters just exclusively obtained the names of the beneficiaries.

The leaking of the irregular hires by the CBN caused significant embarrassment for the government and the bank. The CBN’s Director of Human Resources, Chizoba Mojekwu, was reportedly redeployed as the bank’s Director of Capacity Development and IT after CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, accused her of being behind the leaking of the list.

However, a top official of the CBN told our correspondent that Mr. Emefiele had arranged the hiring of relatives of top party leaders and powerful government officials as a strategy for saving his job.

Even though the list obtained by SaharaReporters has 91 names, our sources at the CBN disclosed that the CBN Governor had started the practice of using job offers to woo top government officials since Mr. Buhari came into power on May 29, 2015. One source revealed that, in September 2015, Mr. Emefiele had hired Claire Arase, a daughter of Nigeria’s Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase.

SaharaReporters learnt that the CBN often went to great lengths, including tweaking the names of recruits, in order to hide the identities of beneficiaries of politically motivated recruitment. Often the CBN used the beneficiaries’ first names and their father’s middle names to hide their real identities. For instance, the bank listed Maryam Atiku as “Maryam Abubakar.” In another case, the bank entered the name of the son of Nigeria’s Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau, as “Nagode Abdulrahman.” In other instances, the bank used the maiden names of hired persons instead of their married names.

The recruitments are deemed irregular because the CBN failed to advertise the vacancies in order to allow opportunities to all qualified Nigerians to apply for the jobs. In addition, the bank’s “political” recruitments did not follow principles of federal character set out for employment by government agencies and other public institutions. “Jobs were just handed to the children of ministers in the current administration,” one bank official stated. The source added that many of the new hires were asked to pick their department of choice after their irregular employment was concluded.

Below is the full list of 91 people illegally hired by the CBN:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/03/15/nigeria’s-central-bank-illegally-hired-sons-daughters-and-relatives-former-vp-atiku-igp

4 Shares

Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by tervishi(m): 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2016
OK.... Make I drink my cold water first

1 Like

Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by spicyuzo(m): 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2016
And here I am, "Qualified for a job" on paper, Languishing in Joblessness in actual sense....

I don't envy these people......

I pledge to strive always to prove myself and my worth....

To approach every Job test and interview with all my might and the grace of God,
And never to be smuggled into any job or ministry where my efforts shall be inconsequential....

Until The FG and its ministries and parastatals, embraces due process, fairness and meritocracy in recruitment, Nigeria shall continue to be a Stagnant Country with Competent Positions Manned by Incompetent Personnel

FG Job: A salary-for-life Lottery Program designed specially for political elite society and sponsored annually by the Nigerian Budget.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by shameseun: 2:04pm On Mar 15, 2016
In deed, Buhari is really fighting corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by sholadele4: 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
I weep for Nigeria
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by homosapien(m): 2:11pm On Mar 15, 2016
To those insulting themselves over Apc and Pdp matters, hope you can now see that Elite have one thing in common, continuation of the Status-quo. An Igbo Cbn governor giving out jobs meant for Nigerians to children of Hausa, Igbo.

Yet the low life among each ethnic grouping will come online curling insult on each other over the greedy political class that never meant well for this country. Left for the political class, the children of their driver should also drive their children.

Nigeria can only be great if we the youth can all come together in respective of ethnic affiliates. But then, the circle continue

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by macaranta(m): 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
Too bad...
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by nicerichard05: 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
[size=15pt]IF ALL THEY DO IS EMPLOYING THEIR CHILDREN AND RELATIVES, THEY SHOULD BE READY FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO JOB WHEN THEY BEGIN TO REPLY THEM WITH WHAT EVER MEANS POSSIBLE. I WILL ALWAYS SAY IT THAT GOODLUCK DID THE BEST THING BY ALLOWING BUHARI TO TAKE OVER, NOW THAT BUHARI IS THERE WE SHOULD WAIT AND SEE HOW THING WILL GRADUALLY UNFOLD[/size]
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by Nafizzey(m): 2:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
shameseun:
In deed, Buhari is really fighting corruption.
No mind them Hypocrares APC/Buhari fake change promise. This same thing exactly happened in the recent conducted DSS nationwide recruitment. Very sad Bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by Nafizzey(m): 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2016
This is not only restricted to CBN alone, as other government MDAs and parastatals employ same approach during recruitment as it is discreetly done base on nepotism and sentiment. Sadly, i pity the average Nigerian graduates
Nonsense!
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by Nafizzey(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2016
lalasticlala, seun, You all need to see this Nepotistic act from APC Change Oh ...
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by Lildav: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hmm!!! Naija! Change ko ! Change ni!!

1 Like

Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by MrEverest(m): 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
How did I end up as a citizen of this despicable country called Nigeria. If I have North Korea's president number, I'll simply beg him to nuke us!! Just Negodu, so after embezzling our money & rendering us hopeless, they will still go ahead to snap the few jobs left for their children & relatives while the masses keep looking for non existent jobs five years after graduation. Chai, I pity poor Nigerians because your destiny, present & future has been mortgaged!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by malton: 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Na today? Working with CBN, NNPC, FIRS, FAAN, Customs, etc is an exclusive of the high and mighty, the movers and shakers in the corridor or power.

To them, we're nothing but pawns in the game.

Or why else do you think Nigeria hasn't been efficient at anything at all?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by Aremu01(m): 3:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
Well this is not new
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by tempest01(m): 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
It is sad...to think Nigerians wanted a change of things.

If this is not corruption, I don't know what else is.

How many qualified Nigerians have to wallow in the labor market because of this?

How will our ostentatious
Paratastals be efficient when the best hands are not taken?

We are done.
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by lastmessenger: 6:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
This is it.if this can happen under buhari administration, then I can see the true meaning of the change we all bought into.
This is just the beginning.
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by SATOH: 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2016
This is very sad and it is currently hapening in all Federal Government parastatals. Standard Organization of Nigeria just secretly employed some graduates. All these graduates are children of top government officials. Some were even sent from the "presidency". Three of them are from the same family. Nepotism of the highest order.
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by drss(m): 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
homosapien:
To those insulting themselves over Apc and Pdp matters, hope you can now see that Elite have one thing in common, continuation of the Status-quo. An Igbo Cbn governor giving out jobs meant for Nigerians to children of Hausa, Igbo.

Yet the low life among each ethnic grouping will come online curling insult on each other over the greedy political class that never meant well for this country. Left for the political class, the children of their driver should also drive their children.

Nigeria can only be great if we the youth can all come together in respective of ethnic affiliates. But then, the circle continue
u tink say cbn gov dey act on his own d poor man dey follow oders from above.
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by lastmessenger: 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
This is Nigeria guys.believe it and move on.
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by LydayBobo(m): 8:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
That number 23 though... tongue
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by kaysunnex: 9:56pm On Mar 15, 2016
Rest in peace Nigeria
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by sobastical: 11:19pm On Mar 15, 2016
LydayBobo:
That number 23 though... tongue
Hehe. .. Nigeria ooo
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by pofolo(m): 11:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
one begin to wonder, what happens to the children of common carpenters, peppersellers , lecturers and low income learners who graduated with first class or 2-1 in economics and banking & finance who are jobless or underemployed somewhere outside their field of competent. Most of these Elites have one way or the other stole from our national wealth, so i just wonder why they still have to deny work-ready , well deserved Nigerians to work n gainfully be employed to serve this nation. Now i know why economic policies dont work well in our nation.......... there are too many ROUND PEGS IN SQUARE HOLES.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by Nobody: 1:56am On Mar 16, 2016
Black animals..... I'm only laughing, because once the same people commentary ng here leaves this thread, they forget everything aboutvitvand resume their usuals.... Political thuggery and an ivalry for the political class.....
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 16, 2016
This is really disheartening,tears almost dropped from my eyes when reading this, d common Nigerians are always being fooled and decieved by the elites group, later they will come up to the media preaching entrepreneurship while their sons and daughters are being secretly recruited on daily basis. I just pity for this country in years to come when the educated youths (common Nigerians) will loose their patience out of frustration to form their own deadly group probably named enough is enough smiley
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by Bandeco(m): 9:06am On Mar 16, 2016
Even God has given up on Nigeria.. Beyond redemption
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by emeka51: 11:12am On Mar 16, 2016
Nonsense change Buhari nephew got the job too former vice president son got the job too former IG daughter got the job too. Nonsense Change God will punish all our leaders. I remember a friend of mine who got a job with DSS despite the fact he didn't summit any cv because his uncle is a house of rep member. God will punish Change masters. I've been waiting for this Job since and secret job recruitment was carried out by CBN. I'm very angry Efcc should go after those who Carried out the recruitment.
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 16, 2016
And some boys are there beheading one another grin.
Re: Illegal And Nepotistic CBN Recruitment. Nigeria Is Beyond Repair. by hoodboy(m): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2018
This was the incident that demystified the anti corruption persona of Buhari for me

(1) (2) (Reply)

N-power:How To Install The Bio-metric Desktop/client Software For Verification / Please Useful Informations On How Sumal Food Treat Their Staff In Ibadan. / One Nigeria "How Can A Lecturer Give This Kind Of Exam"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.