Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently (1784 Views)

House Clearance Sales - Dressing Table With Upholstered Stool, For Sale / Pregnant Woman Climbs High Stool For Maternity Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by ckamal: 2:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hello House,my baby girl of a year and 6 months has recently been having this recurrent stooling issues that comes and goes in 2 to 3 weeks interval.

We have tried everything from using only Eva water,zinc and ORS and following other neccessary Hygiene procedures...My house is always Neat and i also live in a very clean and serene environment..So i need suggestions and advice from Experienced mothers and any pediatrician in the house on how to put an end to this as it always make her loose weight and that always gets me worried as i always love her to be her normal chubby self.

Please if you dont have anyhting positive to say you can kindly scroll past as i wouldn't tolerate any insulting comments. Thanks
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by okirewaju(f): 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2016
Have you been to the hospital?

Sure she is not reacting to something she is eating?

Try the new born baby thread, you will get quick answers there.
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by Miami11: 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
What do you mean stool recurrently? I's it constipation or diarrhea, help me understand you.
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by segemafia(m): 9:15pm On Mar 15, 2016
Miami11:
What do you mean stool recurrently? I's it constipation or diarrhea, help me understand you.

I think he means the stooling comes and goes or something.
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by ckamal: 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2016
Miami11:

I mean it stops after she takes medications and starts like after some weeks again..I can't even pin point what could be the cause but would be taking her for medical check up dis weekend as it has subsided a bit right now.

okirewaju:
Have you been to the hospital?
Sure she is not reacting to something she is eating?
Try the new born baby thread, you will get quick answers there.

Sure she was taken to the hospital and given treatment the other time that it was a little more serious.. Tnx
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by Miami11: 10:42pm On Mar 15, 2016
Some food with high fiber( google them) will help the baby go,
Give lots of fluid other than milk, 100% juice plus water works for my son, I mix water and juice and give it to him with every meal.
If the problem persists see a doctor,
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by okirewaju(f): 5:06am On Mar 16, 2016
Do ensure you go ahead with the weekend visit to the doctor.

MothersArePriceless

@ckamal
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by HaneefahAde(f): 7:48am On Mar 16, 2016
ckamal:

I mean it stops after she takes medications and starts like after some weeks again..I can't even pin point what could be the cause but would be taking her for medical check up dis weekend as it has subsided a bit right now.

Sure she was taken to the hospital and given treatment the other time that it was a little more serious.. Tnx

Yes, good take her to the hospital. Have you ever heard about toddler's diarrhea. It is often non specific with unknown cause. Please find out more about this.

And watch your use of antibiotics, your child's diet, eliminate fruit juices if you often give him or her, and watch for probable allergy or intolerance to a particular food. Just remember adequate rehydration is necessary, always have your ORS at hand, don't let her get dehydrated. All the best.
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by thorpido(m): 8:10am On Mar 16, 2016
Take her to the hospital where they have a paediatrician.
I suspect she could be having an allergy to a particular food or something like lactose intolerance to milk or dairy foods.
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by ckamal: 8:58am On Mar 16, 2016
okirewaju:
Do ensure you go ahead with the weekend visit to the doctor.
MothersArePriceless
@ckamal

WOuld surely do that..and i think you meant to say Fathers are priceless grin

Miami11:
Some food with high fiber( google them) will help the baby go,
Give lots of fluid other than milk, 100% juice plus water works for my son, I mix water and juice and give it to him with every meal.
If the problem persists see a doctor,

I would tell my Wife to try the 100 % Juice and water thing too..But we have been giving her Golden Morn,Pap,Nesquick which i feel is also rich in Fibre too.She practically could eat anything given to her before but of recent she has stopped eating swallows.
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by ckamal: 9:03am On Mar 16, 2016
HaneefahAde:

Yes, good take her to the hospital. Have you ever heard about toddler's diarrhea. It is often non specific with unknown cause. Please find out more about this.

And watch your use of antibiotics, your child's diet, eliminate fruit juices if you often give him or her, and watch for probable allergy or intolerance to a particular food. Just remember adequate rehydration is necessary, always have your ORS at hand, don't let her get dehydrated. All the best.

Thanks alot for this Insight..We don't usually give her that before but a poster above suggested we give it a try.Maybe i should ask the doctor by weekend then.
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by okirewaju(f): 9:50am On Mar 16, 2016
ckamal:

MyBad grin

FathersAreCaring
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by LewsTherin: 9:53am On Mar 16, 2016
Dude, most important thing is not to panic. I agree you should take her to a hospital and let your fears (and that of your wife-very important) be addressed.

I have a 1yr 5mth little jewel myself and I have learnt not to worry unnecessarily. My daughter would stool, throw up and even run a temperature as high as 39 degrees and we'll be worried to no end. In all this, she remains her usual playful self. It was just last month we realised that she goes through this when a tooth is trying to break out. She has some mighty stubborn dentures that just don't want to break out. Still had just 5 teeth until last month.

So her stooling may just be a teething thing. However, stillcheck with the doctor.
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by HaneefahAde(f): 10:23am On Mar 16, 2016
ckamal:

Thanks alot for this Insight..We don't usually give her that before but a poster above suggested we give it a try.Maybe i should ask the doctor by weekend then.

U're welcome. I will advice not to try the fruit juice thingy cos it can even worsen it. Take care of the little bundle of joy, and don't be overtly worried. Yes, ask for more clarifications from your Dr.
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by mamajaz(f): 10:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
ckamal:

I would tell my Wife to try the 100 % Juice and water thing too..But we have been giving her Golden Morn,Pap,Nesquick which i feel is also rich in Fibre too.She practically could eat anything given to her before but of recent she has stopped eating swallows.
High fibre diets purges a lot. By the way, who baby sits her when you are at work? Some people are not judicious with hand washing.
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by dangotesmummy: 1:40am On Mar 17, 2016
Contaminated food
Re: What Could Always Make A Toodler Stool Recurrently by aforti(m): 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
Check the water she drinks and the one u use in along get food. Secondly try to consult a pediatrician . It could be a virus which u can get her vacinnated .

(1) (Reply)

Original Designer Bags For Sale With Guarantee. / Ct Scan In Lagos Help / Dstv New Prices And Dstv Subscription Packages 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.