Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,500 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea (9494 Views)

NYSC Certificate Signed By Bomoi In March 2009, But Left In January 2009 / "My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Oduok(m): 3:43pm On Mar 15, 2016
I'm a serving corps member (Batch B15) with a very good University degree grade in Engineering. I love entrepreneurship and as such applied to Bank of Industry for a one million naira loan to start a Palm Oil Milling Plant. I'm using my NYSC discharge certificate as collateral - that means i'll not have the opportunity to see or touch my discharge certificate after service. Not that i'm confused, I really love the path i'm taking. I received text message from the Bank yesterday that my loan application has been approved. I'm sharing this to find out the opinion of others. Is it a good or bad idea from your own point of view.

1 Like

Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by EngrSeries(m): 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
What if a very good job offer show up and you cert is requested. Wah will you do? Bad idea IMO
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by onatisi(m): 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2016
Oduok:
I'm a serving corps member (Batch B15) with a very good University degree grade in Engineering. I love entrepreneurship and as such applied to Bank of Industry for a one million naira loan to start a Palm Oil Milling Plant. I'm using my NYSC discharge certificate as collateral - that means i'll not have the opportunity to see or touch my discharge certificate after service. Not that i'm confused, I really love the path i'm taking. I received text message from the Bank yesterday that my loan application has been approved. I'm sharing this to find out the opinion of others. Is it a good or bad idea from your own point of view.
How did u go about it

2 Likes

Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Bamidupe20(f): 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2016
Been in your shoes before. have you thought about how you intend to pay back? and i also think 1M is too much seeing that the business is new.

1 Like

Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Oduok(m): 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2016
EngrSeries:
What if a very good job offer show up and you cert is requested. Wah will you do? Bad idea IMO
That's a solid point you've made here. Possiblity is anything can come up. Adding to the fact that I made 4.4 CGPA and may be called upon for graduate assistance and all that. But then what if I hit big in my entrepreneural drive with payback that surpasses most employment and the fulfilment of building a financial system that works. This one is a bird in hand, as the English people will say

1 Like

Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Oduok(m): 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2016
Bamidupe20:
Been in your shoes before. have you thought about how you intend to pay back? and i also think 1M is too much seeing that the business is new.
pls tell me ur experience. How did ur own go? Did u do it? Tell me something. Ya. That is the optimised first cost for the project. The opportunity was to go for 2M but I slashed it to 1M for this reason u've raised.
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Oduok(m): 5:00pm On Mar 15, 2016
onatisi:

How did u go about it
It's the Graduate Entrepreneur Fund Programme. I don't know if you are aware of it. I compete and won the qualification

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by bemagnify: 5:13pm On Mar 15, 2016
Oduok:

It's the Graduate Entrepreneur Fund Programme. I don't know if you are aware of it. I compete and won the qualification
is the programme over?
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Oduok(m): 6:43pm On Mar 15, 2016
bemagnify:
is the programme over?
This was the first time. I don't know if it will be coming up yearly. Are u a serving corps member?
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by bemagnify: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Oduok:

This was the first time. I don't know if it will be coming up yearly. Are u a serving corps member?
yea am a serving corps member batch b,,,really need like 100k loan to execute a business plan bt cant lay my hand on any,,,d more i tried to sought tins out in oda to secure a loan even as a corps member d more it proved abortive,,,,,bro its really frustrating wen u av genuine business plans and no capital to set it up,,,;;;even the ETC LOAN is not applicable to were am serving(ebonyi state) indeed life is nt easy#frustrated
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by planter(m): 9:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
No guts, no glory. Life is always full of risks. Throw caution to the wind and follow your passion. Moreover, a very good feasibility study and a sound business plan will help minimize the negative risks to a great extent.
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Bamidupe20(f): 11:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
Oduok:

pls tell me ur experience. How did ur own go? Did u do it? Tell me something. Ya. That is the optimised first cost for the project. The opportunity was to go for 2M but I slashed it to 1M for this reason u've raised.
i eventually declined the loan because. i know how poisonous a loan can be for a new business.. so i opted out for another option...
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Adulphus(m): 12:16am On Mar 16, 2016
THE IDEAL IS GOOD AND ITS GOOD TO BE INDUSTRIOUS AS A GRADUATE NOT LOOKING FOR WHO TO EMPLOY YOU!
I MUST SAY YOU TOOK THE RIGHT STEP AT THE WRONG TIME AND ON WRONG FUND BECAUSE YOU WILL PAY BACK WITH INTEREST THAT IS WHY IS NOT ADVISABLE TO START-UP A BUSINESS WITH LOAN!

FREE INFORMATION!!!

FG just Lauched a Programme to give N3m each to 10,000 NYSC Youth Entrepreneurs!
your NYSC is to be used as Collateral, to be is better you go for the FG instead of the 1m Bank!

To me 1m is too small for palm oil milling!
Except you wanna do traditional extraction with do not require million.

QUESTIONS U HAVE TO ANSWER WHEN CONSIDERING 1m
-How much is your machines?
Because the Last time I checked Automated Fabricated Palm oil Plant is 1.5m on 20th June 2015. Now that there is inflation such machine will be around 2m.
Do you have a site for the business?
I suppose you will pay rent from the 1m!
You will also build a temporary structure or is the business going to operate openly without a Roof?
How much is Raw materials and other Operational Materials/Equipment?
e.g Palm Fruits, Kegs, Funnels, Drums, Tank, Diesel, Generate let say 8HP of Water cool Engine is Around N160,000-N170,000 now!

Did you thought of the above carefully?

4 Likes

Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by bemagnify: 7:25am On Mar 16, 2016
Adulphus:
THE IDEAL IS GOOD AND ITS GOOD TO BE INDUSTRIOUS AS A GRADUATE NOT LOOKING FOR WHO TO EMPLOY YOU!
I MUST SAY YOU TOOK THE RIGHT STEP AT THE WRONG TIME AND ON WRONG FUND BECAUSE YOU WILL PAY BACK WITH INTEREST THAT IS WHY IS NOT ADVISABLE TO START-UP A BUSINESS WITH LOAN!

FREE INFORMATION!!!

FG just Lauched a Programme to give N3m each to 10,000 NYSC Youth Entrepreneurs!
your NYSC is to be used as Collateral, to be is better you go for the FG instead of the 1m Bank!

Am the CEO OF ADOLPH CITY RESOURCES a palm oil Mill at Enugu!

Because the Last time I checked Automated Fabricated Palm oil Plant is 1.5m on 20th June 2015. Now that there is inflation such machine will be around 2m.
You will also build a temporary structure or is the business going to operate openly without a Roof?
e.g Palm Fruits, Kegs, Funnels, Drums, Tank, Diesel, Generate let say 8HP of Water cool Engine is Around N160,000-N170,000 now!

pls how can one key into dis fg nysc loan,,, we need more info plss
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Adulphus(m): 7:44am On Mar 16, 2016
I will update the House with the FG link lataer seem they have not release the Portal but those interested in applying for Grant (Free money) You should apply for these two Grant window before it expire!

www.Bdmpnigeria.org.ng this was suppose to end yesterday but checj it out they may extend the dealine!

www.bigportal.org.ng the application is on going

GOOD LUCK
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by DKOKO3(m): 5:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
Personally, I think for BOI to give you a loan is a truism of how lucrative the business idea is. Palm Oil is a commodity that Nigerians can't do without regardless of financial status. I will advice he take the loan and strive hard to raise back the money knowing what's at stake for him.

1 Like

Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by hola106(m): 7:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
Adulphus:

FREE INFORMATION!!!

let me hv ur line am serving in enugu wana hv ideal abt hw d bis look plz don't mind if we can meet for weekend oga
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Millz404(m): 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
Guy am a recipient of gef too... Dont be asking dis kind of questions.... U will meet with discouragement.... If u r sure of what u want to do and av a clear vision.... Face ur plan and make d most out of it.

3 Likes

Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Adulphus(m): 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
hola106:
let me hv ur line am serving in enugu wana hv ideal abt hw d bis look plz don't mind if we can meet for weekend oga

Pm
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Oduok(m): 10:24am On Mar 19, 2016
Adulphus:

FREE INFORMATION!!!

Thanks a lot. Then I will have to learn a lot from you. I've considered all that. There are three levels of technology employed in the palm oil extraction - traditional method or low technology, medium technology, and high technology. So i'm using medium technology which is combined mechanical and manual method. The equipment cost and installation is about 800,000naira. Actually the entire project cost is about 1.25million naira and i'm contributing 20% equity. As for land, i'm using my family land, so no rent. I'll fence round and raise a shade. 8HP lister gen was estimated to be 130,000 (inclusive in equipment and installation cost). I welcome more contribution from ur wealth of experience.
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Adulphus(m): 11:58pm On Mar 19, 2016
Oduok:

Thanks a lot. Then I will have to learn a lot from you. I've considered all that. There are three levels of technology employed in the palm oil extraction - traditional method or low technology, medium technology, and high technology. So i'm using medium technology which is combined mechanical and manual method. The equipment cost and installation is about 800,000naira. Actually the entire project cost is about 1.25million naira and i'm contributing 20% equity. As for land, i'm using my family land, so no rent. I'll fence round and raise a shade. 8HP lister gen was estimated to be 130,000 (inclusive in equipment and installation cost). I welcome more contribution from ur wealth of experience.

8hp Water cool engine is now N200,000 today at Ven Road South Onitsha!
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by henrixx(m): 3:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
Oduok:
bro u MA likemind.... Can you drop ur watsap number . I'm a currently serving Corp member at taraba nd will like to kno how to go about the loan stuff
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by bemagnify: 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
pls oduok i nid to talk 2u....realy nid to ask u sumtin pls cntact me on bemazunity@gmail.com
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by Oduok(m): 12:04am On Mar 24, 2016
henrixx:
bro u MA likemind.... Can you drop ur watsap number . I'm a currently serving Corp member at taraba nd will like to kno how to go about the loan stuff
07037263653, 08089359018. Let's relate
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by bemagnify: 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
Oduok:
07037263653, 08089359018. Let's relate
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by bobo65(m): 5:05am On Mar 27, 2016
if u r business minded and focused, then go for it

I applied for a loan of 300k (wap loan) , it has no interest attached and u have up to 2 years to pay off the loan, d only tin is that money must be used for agricultural purposes and Ur certificate will be held as collateral

tho dem never pay us since last year sha
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by bemagnify: 6:56am On Mar 27, 2016
bobo65:

I applied for a loan of 300k (wap loan) , it has no interest attached and u have up to 2 years to pay off the loan, d only tin is that money must be used for agricultural purposes and Ur certificate will be held as collateral

hw will da knw if u divert d money to sum oda business after all u ar going to pay bak
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by bobo65(m): 12:18pm On Mar 27, 2016
bemagnify:
hw will da knw if u divert d money to sum oda business after all u ar going to pay bak

they will periodically come n check Ur establishment
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by henrixx(m): 11:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
bobo65:

are you saying the money can't be used for anything other than agriculture?
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by bobo65(m): 4:21am On Mar 28, 2016
henrixx:
are you saying the money can't be used for anything other than agriculture?

yeah
we were trained on different aspects of agriculture for a week

we were also given transportation n feeding allowance of up to 35k per head (depending on d distance of Ur serving state to Abuja)

it was stated clearly that the money were to be used on agricultural stuffs DAT were taught in d training

tho my intentions was to spend part of d money on fishery n d major part on my mini phone importation biz
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by henrixx(m): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2016
bobo65:

yeah
we were trained on different aspects of agriculture for a week

we were also given transportation n feeding allowance of up to 35k per head (depending on d distance of Ur serving state to Abuja)

it was stated clearly that the money were to be used on agricultural stuffs DAT were taught in d training

tho my intentions was to spend part of d money on fishery n d major part on my mini phone importation biz
ouch! Problem is that I do not have any plans on agriculture currently. Seriously looking for a loan scheme Dat I can benefit from to start up
Re: Using My NYSC Certificate As Collateral To Get Loan - Good Or Bad Idea by bobo65(m): 9:39am On Mar 28, 2016
henrixx:
ouch! Problem is that I do not have any plans on agriculture currently. Seriously looking for a loan scheme Dat I can benefit from to start up

Let Ur ears be on the ground, now that the budget has been approved, lots of opportunities will roll out, u just have to be up to date

Let ppl know that u need a loan so they could alert u if they find any

Join lots of Nysc Whatsapp groups cos that's where I got to know bout most of d Nysc updates cos I'm hardly at dis section of Nairaland

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Best States To Serve As A Corper In NYSC Nigeria / 2017 Batch A Stream 1 Posted To Oyo State, Let's Meet Here / Imo State Corpers,where Are You Guys!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.