Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) (15830 Views)

Uche Jombo Reacts To Divorce Rumour, Tells Bloggers "Leave My Family Alone" / Uche Jombo Reacts To Alleged Marital Crisis Rocking Her Home / Rita Dominic Joins Gender Equality Bill Protest - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by yusaze: 6:36am On Mar 16, 2016
Yesterday members of the Nigerian Senate voted against the Gender and Equal Opportunity Bill. Uche Jombo-Rodriguez took to her Instagram page to react to this sad development. See what she wrote below;

https://www.instagram.com/p/BC_m93bJ6uN/?taken-by=uchejombo

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by yusaze: 6:36am On Mar 16, 2016
wink wink wink

READ COMMENTS FROM HER FANS AS THEY SUPPORTS HER STAND HERE >>>

www.9janewsarena.com/2016/03/uche-jombo-reacts-to-senators-vote-against-gender-equality-bill.html

hmmm, and she makes some sense ooo...
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by JewelRegi(f): 7:13am On Mar 16, 2016
When u educate a woman u educate a nation

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 16, 2016
dt guy above me is right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by DICKtator: 11:13am On Mar 16, 2016
It won't work in Nigeria where religion doesn't equate men with women.

The Ekiti woman that proposed the bill may have been an attention seeking person(Olujimi) like the governor of her state.
It won't work, with all bigoted class of people in the house!!!!

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by bonganee: 11:14am On Mar 16, 2016
There can never be true gender equality, never.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Sveen: 11:14am On Mar 16, 2016
I'm quite stupefied why she still refer to them as senators instead of dunderheads.

7 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Phaeyus(m): 11:14am On Mar 16, 2016
A sincere word of truth spoken to our dear senators who lacks the insights to understand the benefits of the Bill...
We should be dynamic in our dynamic in our acts and prepare for the whole nation, not just a segment of it....

Can the Senators give one good reason for the vote against the equality bill Atleast we should be enlightened...

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by DrAmanda(f): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2016
JewelRegi:
When u educate a woman u educate a nation

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by David0(m): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2016
The African man is naturally uncomfortable bn equal to the woman.

Inasmuch as I support dis bill, it won't b so easy for this bill to go thru. Cos the ppl u hv in the Senate r traditional old men. Hence, such bill is seen as hitting on their ego.

Just as she rightly said, we have to stand n push for it to show Nigeria's tot on the issue, so dat few old men will not decide for us.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 16, 2016
Where is APC?? Where is PDP?? I swear they are all the same

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Aristotle96(m): 11:16am On Mar 16, 2016
bonganee:
There can never be true gender equality, never.
if person call u Retard now u go vex undecided

Person like u suppose day for Bangladesh or all those 5th world if dey exist sev since we dy 3rd world undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by eke96: 11:16am On Mar 16, 2016
E pain am!!!

BTW most of them (senators) cannot differentiate between their left and right.

what you SOW is what you WEAR - Eke96
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by tidal(m): 11:17am On Mar 16, 2016
Lol@Education your self.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by peacengine(m): 11:17am On Mar 16, 2016
The paedophiles have "It"

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by KweenE(f): 11:17am On Mar 16, 2016
ℓ̊ support u on dis............Our voices MUST be HEARD!

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by dfav: 11:17am On Mar 16, 2016
Its against Islamic law.. and since the North prefer Islamic law to secular law...

Dont expect that bill to be passed. ..

6 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by yekparikpa(m): 11:17am On Mar 16, 2016
These are the worst set of senators we've had since 1999.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 16, 2016
cold:
'Education yourself' Oma se!
grin grin grin
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by bonganee: 11:18am On Mar 16, 2016
Aristotle96:
if person call u Retard now u go vex undecided
I dey talk truth now, you say my mouth dey smell
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Gaskia: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2016
I think the bill was thrown out in a haste. The bill should be re- presented with emphasis in equal rights in employment, by court and others. The part of equal right in marriage should have been reviewed given that the man still pays bride price and funds the wedding. For there to be equal right in marriage, we first of all must review our marriage procedures, laws and beliefs. In all the bill should have been considered for passage to enable our women influence our polity more.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2016
It doesn't make sense though. What's the content of the bill that made them reject it? Men and women should have equal rights in the society. Not in marriage though.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by cold(m): 11:20am On Mar 16, 2016
'Education yourself' Oma se!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by frodobee: 11:22am On Mar 16, 2016
Frodobee :

Only women can emancipated themselves. I bliv that if you educate a woman, you ve educated a nation. For instance if women were educated, they wouldn't reject a party that gave them 30% representation for a party that gave them 9% representation.
Also, when you openly vote in a paedophile, a man who supports underaged marriage. I mean a man. Who will give you penis not pencil, a man who will give you dowry not school fees, you would be mortgaging your future no doubt.

Even if the whole house assents to this bill, the man that blivs you are meant for his puddah, that paedophile that refuses to see you as equal(not minding your Harvard Degrees and his awfully forged WAEC certificate) will still not assent to it.
Nuff said. Women/girls organise yourselves. March with one voice(hey don't deny this paedophiles 5ex else they will murder/abduct/rape you), just vote them outta power.

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by thefakestan: 11:23am On Mar 16, 2016
Aunty which one be Education urself?

ThefakeStan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by sweetgala(m): 11:23am On Mar 16, 2016
J
Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Charly68: 11:24am On Mar 16, 2016
What is gender equality self,stupid nonsense from Oyinbo imported into Africa system in the name of human rights..Men are never equal with women or else let women become the brea winners henceforth and see how comfortable they will become in playing this role.. It is an aberration to bring White culture into Africa society . God bless the national Assembly members

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Kayendy(m): 11:24am On Mar 16, 2016
It can't work in nigeria for many reasons
1) islamic religion
2) Tradition- from day one be it north, south or east, d women r classified. As second class citizens
3) marriage and divorce -- who go wan make en marry wife later share property with her equally after divorce
4) d decision makers r Men -- with 8women alone in d ouse, how do u tink it will pass tru first reading

4 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 16, 2016
I am an egalitarian. And as far as I am concerned it's only manipulative men (men who fails to know the difference between servitude and loyalty) that propagates/support inequality between men and women. Inequality exponential men are like their feminism proponent counterparts because both lack proper understanding of what they are against and for respectively.

5 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by TheSunSon: 11:27am On Mar 16, 2016
I'm in support of gender equality. The only problem is that its risky for a woman to wield more power than necessary,they are more emotional than rational,you can't make proper decisions in sentiments. I can't work for a female boss,not directly tho.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by lakamua: 11:27am On Mar 16, 2016
Women shud let us hear word. They too like notice me

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Reacts To Senators Vote Against Gender Equality Bill (Snapshots) by udumosam23(m): 11:27am On Mar 16, 2016
The single reason this bill is not passed is because the men ( senators especially ) feel threatened, or I'll rather call it inferiority complex.

They know the women will perform, and there are chances that it will make the majority of people begin to lose confidence on men.

So far, from 1960 Nigeria has made no significant progress because of this miopic reasoning.

Dusts my card and wait for 2019, where that lady that contested for president again, I liked her presentation more than all presidents elect self.

I'm done voting for men. #teamwoman4president2019#

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funke Adesiyan: If You Dm Me To Beg For Money I Will Curse You / "Family" Maleek Berry Shares Rare Photo Of His Music Director / DJ Cuppy "Abena" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.