Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter (19432 Views)

Buhari Will Respond To Senate's Rejection Of Magu As EFCC Chairman -Femi Adesina / Saraki Saves Buhari’s Proposal From Senate rejection / Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by ceo247frolic(m): 6:47am On Mar 16, 2016
Earlier today, members of the senate voted against the Women Equality bill sponsored by Senator Biodun Olujimi. Many Nigerians are disappointed that the senate would go against such an important bill in 2016. See more of their reactions

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/03/nigerians-on-twitter-react-to-senates.html

1 Like

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by ceo247frolic(m): 6:48am On Mar 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by klassykute(m): 6:48am On Mar 16, 2016
lemmie book first
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by divinehand2003(m): 6:53am On Mar 16, 2016
Wait.
Before we lamblast the Senators, I think we should ask ourselves this very vital question, '' Is it correct to say that the female gender or woman is the WEAKER sex? ''.
If your answer is yes, then I guess the Senate is right.
But if it's no, then......................... I think you must be from the USA.

27 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Tallesty1(m): 6:59am On Mar 16, 2016
Has anything ever come out of their endless reaction? Most of our women are lazy politically, they aren't even current on the affairs of this country.

When men are treading on thorns while planning and scheming on how to run the country, they are busy painting nails, bleaching their skins, imitating the life of their favourite celeb and posting almost unclad pics online to get likes.

When the plans maturegrin and things pan out accordingly they(women) will start talking about equality.

Who reaps where he didn't work?

There are alotta things they could have done to ensure the bill is passed but how many of them even know that such bill exist?
folks4luv:

ur assertion may be right, but generalising it is cruel n unfair. d question is, is it all men that are threading on thorns as u illustrated or there are some wasting away? is it all women that engage in all those things u listed? if u v been discriminated cos of ur gender or skin colour in d past, u will understand that some women who are careless about politics n oda issues were kicked into a corner by d trends in d society which made dem believe they are less privileged cos they are women.
You will soon tell me that the reason it is difficult for an Igbo man to become president in Nigeria is because they have been kicked to a corner because they're women.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:04am On Mar 16, 2016
What stupid gender equality are you guys talking abt? Are we talking abt the same fraud here?

Man slap woman, you jail man..

Woman slap woman, she cry. U jail man...

Woman cry, u blame man...

Man cry, u blame am, say make he act like a man..

Where has been the equality?
The worst people are the feminists...the hypocrisy is nauseating!

Feminism is just a hocus-pocus of pride!

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by amagunnerfan: 7:05am On Mar 16, 2016
Women of this world are confused. You all want to be treated as the weaker vessel but at the same time want equal right with the men. How does that work?

Problem of the women folks is, they have abandoned their GOD given uniqueness in a bid to compete with men.

We are all humans but we are not equals. GOD is not stupid, he made men lord over the women for a reason.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by SleekMallam: 7:10am On Mar 16, 2016
Tallesty1:
Has anything ever come out of their endless reaction? Most of our women are lazy politically, they aren't even current on the affairs of this country.

When men are treading on thorns while planning and scheming on how to run the country, they are busy painting nails, bleaching their skins, imitating the life of their favourite celeb and posting almost unclad pics online to get likes.

When the plans maturegrin and things pan out accordingly they(women) will start talking about equality.

There are alotta things they could have done to ensure the bill is passed but how many of them even know that such bill exist?
There are lots of Alpha Nigerian females.They are the ones that riots my blood just seeing them dazzling with confidence and ambition.

You need to find them and change your perceptions accordingly. Agreed that most of ladies today are sexy on the outside and fish brain on the inside. beautiful container, rotten content.

9 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by peacengine(m): 7:18am On Mar 16, 2016
This is why countries like ours will never achieve our potential. It seems some men are terrified of women being treated as equals. We will be forced to change our discriminatory mentality one way or the other.

7 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by amagunnerfan: 7:20am On Mar 16, 2016
SleekMallam:

There are lots of Alpha Nigerian females.They are the ones that riots my blood just seeing them dazzling with confidence and ambition.

You need to find them and change your perceptions accordingly. Agreed that most of ladies today are sexy on the outside and fish brain on the inside. beautiful container, rotten content.
Nothing like gender equality biko. GOD is not stupid. He created the man to protect the woman. The man is created to be the head of the woman while GOD is the head of the man.

The problem of the world is the 50%50% nonsense. That was never the plan of GOD. The man is to be led by GOD and the woman led by the man while the children follow their parents.

We got to the world and changed everything which led to so many corrupt children, thieves, rapist and what have you. The business of the woman is to keep the home, she is an organiser. She is not a leader, she is not equal to the man but unique from the man.

The annoying thing is, most of the people shouting didn't know of the existence of such bills.

Go on, hit a woman and you get told by the same women folks looking for equality, that you are shameless for hitting a weaker vessel.

Ask them the type of man they want to date or be married too - provision and security will definitely one way or the other be listed but they want gender equality.

Yeyenatu.

40 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by peacengine(m): 7:21am On Mar 16, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Women of this world are confused. You all want to be treated as the weaker vessel but at the same time want equal right with the men. How does that work?

Problem of the women folks is, they have abandoned their GOD given uniqueness in a bid to compete with men.

We are all humans but we are not equals. GOD is not stupid, he made men lord over the women for a reason.

If not for a woman you will not exist to say this crap, it was her decision to keep you in her womb that makes you turn around and insult them like this "We are not equal" yes I agree, you can't be equal to them, remember you came out through one of their yansh.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Demily(m): 7:22am On Mar 16, 2016
ok
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by realestworld(m): 7:22am On Mar 16, 2016
God bless the senate house for once.

6 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 16, 2016
undecided
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by amagunnerfan: 7:30am On Mar 16, 2016
peacengine:

If not for a woman you will not exist to say this crap, it was her decision to keep you in her womb that makes you turn around and insult them like this "We are not equal" yes I agree, you can't be equal to them, remember you came out through one of their yansh.
We are not equals in any way. Live with that fact. GOD made me the head of my family, as GOD is my head, the woman takes direction from me, GODLY direction as I take direction from the good LORD.

Nothing like 50%/50%. Live with it.

7 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by lilprinze: 7:31am On Mar 16, 2016
The problem of this country are the set of useless, selfish and greedy animals we elect as our leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by isbish(m): 7:32am On Mar 16, 2016
The simple fact is Men and Women can never be the same. We all have our distinct features and roles. There is no way all the rights of a man can equate with women, even the scriptures made it clear.

8 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by BLINGZ88: 7:34am On Mar 16, 2016
Can someone please explain what the bill is about cos most people ranting on twitter might not have read or gotten an explanation of what d bill is all about..... If the bill is about giving women quota just because they are women, then that's wrong. But I believe that everybody should b given an equal chance of success irrespective of the gender......and I also believe that u should work for what u get. Although, in Nigeria, women always have the short end of the stick nd that's the same with young people in Nigeria, they have little to no representatives in politics. Nd I don't think the buhari administration is helping matters.

11 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by BLINGZ88: 7:39am On Mar 16, 2016
isbish:
The simple fact is Men and Women can never be the same. We all have our distinct features and roles. There is no way all the rights of a man can equate with women, even the scriptures made it clear.
see? That's the problen with Nigerians using the bible to defend their inferiority complex... Oga, what made u say that women can be equal to men. Please elaborate.......
Note: I am a boy but I have sisters and i would want them to succeed in life with little or no help from their husband same with my female children... Think Linda ikeji

10 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by popesam1(m): 7:49am On Mar 16, 2016
If to say everybody accept, muslim will never accept, coz women are not suppose to be the leader, can u tell me why mama taraba didn't win the gov election. mission impossible is that
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by virginboy1(m): 7:56am On Mar 16, 2016
Gender Equality or Gender Equity?

1 Like

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by SleekMallam: 7:56am On Mar 16, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Nothing like gender equality biko. GOD is not stupid. He created the man to protect the woman. The man is created to be the head of the woman while GOD is the head of the man.

The problem of the world is the 50%50% nonsense. That was never the plan of GOD. The man is to be led by GOD and the woman led by the man while the children follow their parents.

We got to the world and changed everything which led to so many corrupt children, thieves, rapist and what have you. The business of the woman is to keep the home, she is an organiser. She is not a leader, she is not equal to the man but unique from the man.

The annoy thing is, most of the people shouting didn't know of the existence of such bills.

Go on, hit a woman and you get old by the same women folks looking for equality, that you are shameless for hitting a weaker vessel.

Ask them the type of man they want to date or be married too - provision and security will definitely one way or the other be listed but they want gender equality.

Yeyenatu.
That world's religions didn't place premiums on women shouldn't reduce them to objects of sex or scorn.

Let's as an example take the biblical view of the creation of man and woman since you are coming from a religious angle. God created man and then made woman out of the ribs of man which laid the basis for discrimination right? What then happens to the subsequent man that got nurtured in the womb of a woman? You would agree with me that women not only creates ribs but anew baby with all potentials of a full man. This equally elevates her to godlike and worship in the strict sense of it.

In truth, men conspired to perpetually lock women down and deceive them not to know what they really worth. If as a man your eyes of understanding are opened to see the true power women carry, you would love your wife like Christ loved the church. Only few women eventually become self aware of their true nature. find them. That 90% of them are yet to be self conscious shouldn't take away anything from them.

7 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by ifyan(m): 7:56am On Mar 16, 2016
Tallesty1:

You said the truth.

Lets be sincere with ourselves no matter how many rights are giving to women they will abuse it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by peacengine(m): 7:56am On Mar 16, 2016
amagunnerfan:
We are not equals in any way. Live with that fact. GOD made me the head of my family, as GOD is my head, the woman takes direction from me, GODLY direction as I take direction from the good LORD.

Nothing like 50%/50%. Live with it.

I agree God made us head, but we still come out from a woman's yansh grin

Equality is not in anyway contesting the dynamics of a family, rather it will give every individual basic human rights and prevent violence and societal biases against the Female folks, how does this affect God's plan for the family?

9 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by ifyan(m): 8:01am On Mar 16, 2016
Lets say the truth how many men will give his wife are so called equality right
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by SleekMallam: 8:04am On Mar 16, 2016
peacengine:

Now, This some harsh home truth. So, women have been laughing at us for coming through one of their yansh! This is very humbling brother.

3 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by peacengine(m): 8:04am On Mar 16, 2016
SleekMallam:

That world's religions didn't place premiums on women shouldn't reduce them to objects of sex or scorn.

Let's as an example take the biblical view of the creation of man and woman since you are coming from a religious angle. God created man and then made woman out of the ribs of man which laid the basis for discrimination right? What then happens to the subsequent man that got nurtured in the womb of a woman? You would agree with me that women not only creates ribs but anew baby with all potentials of a full man. This equally elevates her to godlike and worship in the strict sense of it.

In truth, men conspired to perpetually lock women down and deceive them not to know what they really worth. If as a man your eyes of understanding are opened to see the true power women carry, you would love your wife like Christ loved the church. Only few women eventually become self aware of their true nature. find them. That 90% of them are yet to be self conscious shouldn't take away anything from them.

Bros I dey hail o, thanks for this enlightening post. Are you really from the North?

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by ifyan(m): 8:05am On Mar 16, 2016
If you watch how female boss, madam treat her fellow women you will know that all this equality they are screaming is false

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by ifyan(m): 8:06am On Mar 16, 2016
God knows why He created us this way.
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by tolexy123: 8:06am On Mar 16, 2016
space booked!
Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by peacengine(m): 8:11am On Mar 16, 2016
SleekMallam:

Now, This some harsh home truth. So, women have been laughing at us for coming through one of their yansh! This is very humbling brother.

grin Boss, I cherish our mothers, it is not easy.

2 Likes

Re: Senate's Rejection Of The Gender Equality Bill: Nigerians React On Twitter by SleekMallam: 8:20am On Mar 16, 2016
peacengine:

Bros I dey hail o, thanks for this enlightening post. Are you really from the North?
I'm just a meruwa--supplier of kegs of water to the streets. I'm from the north but not REALLY from the north.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igboho Can’t Leave Benin Republic Despite Release – Lawyer / APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Uyo: Moment Tinubu Entered The Venue (Video) / Buhari Set Nigeria 100 Years Back, Brought Religious Divisions– Buba Galadima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.