Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah (34794 Views)

Stella Damasus: "I Was Abused By Emeka Nzeribe, My Ex Husband In 2009" (photo) / P-square Split: Paul Okoye changes name / Who Is To Be Blamed For P'square Split? Peter, Paul, Jude, The Wives? (Result) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by contactwale: 8:12am On Mar 16, 2016
[img]http://viasat1.com.gh/images/uploads/paul%20peter%20wives.jpg[/img]

I have been following the "developing" story of the feud among the Okoye singing and dancing twins, P-Square, and their older brother Jude, but not with keen interest. The reason is because musicians (performing artistes, generally) by their nature, are given to squabbles, which are, sometimes, orchestrated to attract attention. Of course, many of the fights are real and often lead to splits, legal actions and even deaths, in extreme cases. Needless recounting some of them as we have a surfeit of such well-known fights locally and internationally.

So, why am I on about the P-Square fight, which, according to latest news, has led to the split of the twins? Among the reasons being adduced for their disagreement and eventual split is the role of the women in their lives. Interestingly, I know Lola, Peter's wife, having worked with her in V-mobile, now Airtel. Even so, I cannot say what her role has been in the whole saga and I don't want to personalize the issues, but I want to dismiss the insinuation that the bickering among the erstwhile "tight" is a result of the influence of their wives.

Let me start by saying that a family means man, wife (wives) and children. Any other person, including siblings, parents, cousins, aunties, uncles, nephews and nieces are part of the extended family. The moment a man marries, the definition of "family" must change otherwise there will be trouble. Let me put it on record immediately that I am NOT advocating total abandonment of the extended family, but that must come only after the immediate family. So, if you, a man, used to consult your mom or dad or brother or sister or uncle or auntie before taking a decision, your wife becomes your primary source of advice as soon as you get married. This is a reality most young men do not face until they start facing problems.

According to the Holy Bible in Mathew 19:46. Jesus said: "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE. FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH '? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

Under normal circumstances, this quote wouldn't require any explanation or interpretation but the extended family system practiced in Africa, especially in Nigeria and particularly the kind we have in the South East, has tended to undermine this crucial Biblical injunction. And this is one reason some people, in hasty generalization, have concluded that the Okoyes are being manipulated by their wives and as such have lost the "anointing" of carrying on together.

Now, much as I do not have any evidence to the contrary, I wager that the men rather than their wives are architects of their current conditions. Primary among my reasons for saying so is that if indeed their feud is engineered by their wives or one of the wives, then they have failed in managing their wives. Any man who cannot control his wife's excesses and vice versa is not serious.

Secondly, any brother who doesn't recognize his brother's wife and her important place in his life is foolish. Thirdly, any brothers who do not pre-empt the influence of their wives even before they marry and plan for such an eventuality are not wise. Fourthly, how much acculturation do men give their wives when they are bringing them into a strongly-knit family, if there's anything so called. Fifthly, and this is for those who erroneously believe that because they are twins, Peter and Paul are not supposed to fight, the fact of blood relationship doesn't obliterate the fact of individual differences.

The last point is at the core of my submission. As siblings grow and acquire experience (socialization) they begin to manifest their differences. Even identical twins. Even Siamese twins! This is even more so when they get married and form their own families and begin to deal with other dynamics of life and living. So, as we say in Mbaise, if the music changes, the dance steps must also change. If you used to barge into your brother's bedroom before, you must knock and wait to be admitted, after he gets married. It could be as simple as that!

Unfortunately, most guys prefer to play the ostrich with regards to their change in status and especially with regard the consequences-until trouble starts. And even when trouble does start, they pretend there's no trouble and avoid confronting it until it snowballs into a crisis, like we are currently witnessing with P-Square. Perhaps, a stitch in time could have saved nine.

So, I posit that the importance attached to extended families is exaggerated. While it is not a bad idea in the strict sense of the word, it has the potential to cause rifts, divisions and wars. By the way, who hasn't heard about sibling rivalry? In most cases, it starts even without spouses-as kids and teenagers. It's just there. Vicious, at times. Unforgiving. Never-ending. And as soon as the spouses arrive, they are so easily and unjustifiably made into scapegoats.

Gentlemen, while I urge prayers and wish divine intervention in the sustainable existence of family ties, a lot depends on the man to protect his wife and at the same time safeguard the cohesion of the extended family. In the face of a choice, I'd rather keep my wife and children (my immediate family) than hang self-destructively on the other one.

So, in the case of Peter and Paul Okoye, if they have to split to make progress and avoid uglier consequences, let them split. After all, one mother can birth but not one god (chi) creates. It might as well be that the individual differences which Peter and Paul have successfully masked over the years can no longer be hidden. Let's not rush to blame the wives, if we don't have compelling evidence other than our African tendency to blame the women for every family feud.

By the way, I can't verify an insider gossip that this imbroglio has nothing to do with the women, but mostly with one of the twins, who's a lavish spender and more extroverted. Jude being the older brother and Manager, of course, wanted to control him but Peter won't have it and wanted him fired. Paul won't have that, and so they came to this sorry pass.

NB: Notice that I kept using man and wife. That is because I am strongly of the view and inclination that marriage is (and has to be) between a man and a woman, male and female-as God ordained it. However, I'm pro-choice, which means, I won't bother with any choices you have decided to make in the matter, so long as they do not affect me directly. Even my male dogs know so.

Emeka Oparah is the Director, Corporate Communications and CSR, Airtel Nigeria. He blogs at www.wilberforce.com.ng

http://www.wilberforce.com.ng/2016/03/the-p-square-split-why-blame-wives.html

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 16, 2016
W
Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by danduchi(m): 8:40am On Mar 16, 2016
Oboy you get time... Use this your skills write comprehensive books for primary school, you go make am. See talent.

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by halfricanadian(f): 8:43am On Mar 16, 2016
Nobody blames d wives.

They shd b able to put their men in order

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by Smellymouth: 8:44am On Mar 16, 2016
Na me dem wan blame before?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by divinehand2003(m): 8:48am On Mar 16, 2016
Women can fuel a crisis situation between you and your parents, siblings, friends, colleagues at work, your church members, your business partners etc.
You need wisdom to work with your woman lest disaster scatters your friendship with the above mentioned categories of persons.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 16, 2016
am sorry I couldn't finish reading..... may b I will prefer .summary

update::: Alleged N190m fraud:: fresh 2-count
charge against ex-HoS, Oronsaye http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/03/alleged-n190m-fraud-fresh-2-count.html?m=0

5 Likes

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by LouisBERG: 10:04am On Mar 16, 2016
Nice write up...The duo have come a long way. dispersing in this form is not an option at all...
#caLLmeBERG

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 16, 2016
Nice write up...... U spoke my mind....

FAMILY IS LIKE MUSIC, SOME HIGH NOTES, SOME LOW NOTES, BUT ALWAYS A BEAUTIFUL SONG.. smiley

4 Likes

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by ademoladeji(m): 11:38am On Mar 16, 2016
WOMEN!!!

4 Likes

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by henrydadon(m): 11:38am On Mar 16, 2016
anyone who blame the wife obviously doesn't have a good sense of reasoning ..they are old enough to make their own decision

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by DBossNG(m): 11:39am On Mar 16, 2016
So who should we blame?
Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by html14java(f): 11:39am On Mar 16, 2016
angrywho is blaming them wives here sad sad sad

well, there is no fire without smoke.

sorry.
...No smoke without Fire. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

infact, all of the above

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by yekparikpa(m): 11:39am On Mar 16, 2016
Enough said already mehn!
Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by bonganee: 11:39am On Mar 16, 2016
People separate, such is life

2 Likes

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by eke96: 11:40am On Mar 16, 2016
We should blame buhari abi?

1 Like

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by Zabilon007(m): 11:40am On Mar 16, 2016
sad
Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by manie(m): 11:40am On Mar 16, 2016
halfricanadian:
Nobody blames d wives.

Are they babies, why should anyone expect my wife to put me in order.

7 Likes

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by gerrardomendes(m): 11:40am On Mar 16, 2016
old men throwing tantrums in public. what's my business.

.who comot my gallon for line? shocked

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by Godblessaplus1(m): 11:40am On Mar 16, 2016
Dear Psquare, I want to ask * WHY E BE SAY * una wan split after all these years? Coz u guys seem to have forgotten that there is * NO ONE LIKE YOU * in Africa, and u also forgot that God used * IFUNANYA * to make it a * POSSIBILITY* for u guys to be * UNLIMITED * today. I feel so bad over your latest * STORY* coz * I LOVE YOU* and i urge u to deal with your present situation * PERSONALLY * and do not let your * BEAUTIFUL ONYINYE’s * make you split. Don’t forget that they are only there to * CHOP YOUR MONEY *. I know that * E NO EASY* but u guys should try not to get involved in any * BIZZY BODY* because it will only lead to more * DANGER * in your carreer, Omo WAHALA go dey and your fanswill no longer be able to dance * ALINGO * again. settle the problems u guys are having, coz e get as e dey * DO ME* anytime i hear say u guys want to * BREAK IT *. I also heard that you brought * OGA POLICE*in to the matter. I want u guyz to be * MORE THAN A FRIEND * to avoid any * TEMPTATION * which will lead to * GAME OVER*, we are hoping to hear your * TESTIMONY *

107 Likes 19 Shares

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by JoaHynppes(m): 11:40am On Mar 16, 2016
No one gives 2shit bout this duo

2 Likes

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by Sijo01(f): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2016
Women are always at the receiving end whenevee there is crises in the house. They are always accused by the illiterate and low thinking men and even some women.

19 Likes

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 16, 2016
Money matter
Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by DICKtator: 11:41am On Mar 16, 2016
How can the wives be blamed when we have GEJ?

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by AgentGoat: 11:41am On Mar 16, 2016
Nothing concern agentgoat

1 Like

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by Booty4me: 11:42am On Mar 16, 2016
They cannot always do things together
Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by ShitHead(m): 11:42am On Mar 16, 2016
Let's put it this way: Adam chop apple, why blame Eve? No be wife go bring apple from snake enter? Unfortunately, foolish Adam, because of sweet toto, close eyes chop him destiny comot. Women are bunch of jealous, attention-seeking lightbrains. And they are aready made tools in the hands of Snake(Lucifer).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:42am On Mar 16, 2016
SANDOSKI:
Nice write up...... U spoke my mind....

FAMILY IS LIKE MUSIC, SOME HIGH NOTES, SOME LOW NOTES, BUT ALWAYS A BEAUTIFUL SONG.. smiley

Hi you..

https://www.nairaland.com/2991693/3rdlegxxx-year-older-16.03.2016-march#43818056
Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by ItuExchange(m): 11:42am On Mar 16, 2016
I'm sorry to say this, but it's true that woman is capable of bringing a rift between brothers, families, friends, etc,

Neteller here: .com.ng

1 Like

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 16, 2016
halfricanadian:
Nobody blames d wives.
Don't get you...

3 Likes

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by Gracito(f): 11:43am On Mar 16, 2016
Meanwhile, the poor woman might be innocent sad. Brother Jude started this though.

5 Likes

Re: The P-square Split: Why Blame The Wives? By Emeka Oparah by AntiWailer: 11:43am On Mar 16, 2016
Only eediots will blame the wives.

Peter complained about how Jude made them miss on Talents. He boldly mentioned stars like Phyno as a potential talent spotted but the management failed to act on. He also mentioned how Jude was the sole reason they lost MAY D from their record Label.

He believed they have potentials but they are limited by the vision of their management.

How is that in any way related to the wives.

And I can say it again. Paul is silent on the issue but he was the one that broke PSQUARE.

When Peter ranted and requested that Jude stepped down.

Paul posted a photo shopped picture of Paul, Peter and Jude and guess what ? Peter was removed from the picture. So it spoke volume on Paul's stand even though he is the 'gentle' one.

The question is : Why remove Peter from that Picture ? Was that necessary ?

Secondly they only had problem with Peter marrying his wife but when he was sleeping with her and producing kids, there was no issue then.

How on earth will any f00lish family member stop me from marrying a lady that already gave me 2 kids ? So she should go and i marry another wife and they have a step mum or what ? Are people this stupeed ? angry

33 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido In Port Harcourt For Atiku Campaign / Peter Okoye And Wife, Lola, Celebrate 6th Wedding Anniversary (pics) / Peruzzi Biography, Profile & Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.