Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,978 members, 7,799,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria (38901 Views)

4 Celebrities Made Famous By Their Body Parts / 10 Celebrities Superstar Made Famous By Their Hot Body Parts (with Pictures) / 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by 360frolic(m): 9:20am On Mar 16, 2016
10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria

From Instagram comedians to twitter warlords, here are the list of people social media made famous in Nigeria.

1.Omojuwa: Top on our list is this very vocal political pundit known for throwing endless criticism at the government regardless of who is involved. He does this with loads of vulgarity and sarcasm. He became popular by being active on twitter during last year’s elections.

Omojuwa

2. Vic O: This gentleman rose to stardom from his videos on youtube. I can’t really categorize what he does as rap, but He sees himself as the greatest rapper ever liveth.With numerous beef tracks and hit songs, surely social media gave him a shot to stardom.

Vic O

3. Craze Clown and Ade: These two will make you cry while laughing. They are comedians with raw talents dishing out skits we all can relate with.

Craze Clown And Ade

4. Aphican Ape: Dami Olatunde popularly known as African Ape is another Instagram comedian that will keep you laughing over and over again. With Bsc, MBA and Msc to his name, you will be surprised He has chosen to be a comedian.

Aphrican Ape

5. Ayedee: Another political pundit, who proudly supported PDP during the last general elections and constantly criticises the government without any atom of fear. He had a run-in with Linda Ikeji a while back but that didn’t make him as famous as of now that he takes shots at any APC twitter warlord.

Ayedee

6. Wofaifada: Wofai is a female that has created a place for herself in the comedy sector as she rolls out funny skits with celebrities and other comedians. She became popular with her very funny videos on instagram, always very witty. With 166k followers, she is surely making people laugh.

Wofaifada

7. Maheeda: The Naija Bad Girl as she call herself is yet another controversial but popular figure on social media. She has become our very own Kim Kardashian as she constantly produces nude pictures and videos from time to time. Instagram has shut her down a couple of times, but she is still shining. Her music career didnt give her much buzz as social media has done for her so far.

Maheeda

8. Chief Obi: Always energetic on his instagram account and he definitely knows how to handle the flow of joke, plus he has a huge presence on Instagram with 172k followers. And recently he featured on 2face Idibia’s song.

Chief Obi

9. OvieO: Also know as Ovie of NotJustOk, is an entertainment curator extraordinaire and the co-owner of Notjustok.com. His popularity has grown beyond the shores of Nigeria as his constant critique of Nigerian entertainers has gained him much followership on twitter and Instagram.

OvieO

10. Francis Odega: AKA Mr. Gerarahere, became instantly famous when 50 Cent posted a scene from a movie he did and used the phrase ‘Gerarahere Mehn’, ever since he has become a brand new celebrity known all around the world with endorsement from Etisalat Nigeria.

Francis Odega

Surely, social media has the power to change a nobody to a somebody.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/03/photos-10-people-social-media-made.html

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by adeboizy11(m): 9:27am On Mar 16, 2016
Really?

1 Like

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by adeboizy11(m): 9:27am On Mar 16, 2016
OK seen
Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by sinaj(f): 9:32am On Mar 16, 2016
Itz only Craze Clown I knw.

Those guyz r damn funi smiley

Wot bout Emmanuella nau

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by osaslord500(m): 9:33am On Mar 16, 2016
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by Holla911(m): 9:36am On Mar 16, 2016
Olajumoke nko? The list isn't complete without that "oni buwedi"

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by zinachidi(m): 9:44am On Mar 16, 2016
sinaj:
Itz only Craze Clown I knw.

Those guyz r damn funi smiley

Wot bout Emmanuella nau
she isn't on any social media nau.

1 Like

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by sinaj(f): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2016
zinachidi:
she isn't on any social media nau.
ok nau

1 Like

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by maryam6(f): 9:50am On Mar 16, 2016
Where is sen. Ben bruce?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by mrbyron(m): 10:30am On Mar 16, 2016
What about afrocandy?

4 Likes

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by timidapsin(m): 10:57am On Mar 16, 2016
What about Lalasticlala? undecided

You think Lalasticlala aint famous, Google Lalasticlala
If you need his picture to add to this article, you can mention me...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by timilehing(m): 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
3, 4 & 10. The rest am not so sure
Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by thefakestan: 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
Anyway I think the OP should caption this as comedians and critics social media has made famous,
Then remove Maheeda, and VIC-O

I no see Olajumoke?

Lalastic?

Linda 2?

Incomplete list.

ThefakeStan

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by ateizaa(m): 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
Olajumoke nko?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by theshaderoom: 12:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
Inspired by OP here is gossipatrol's list

From Instagram comedians, bloggers to twitter warlords, social media especially instagram has brought about a new wave of celebrities and here are the list of people social media made famous in Nigeria.

10) Woifada

Woifada is a female comedian who has carved a place for herself in the social media comedy sector as she rolls out funny skits with celebrities and other comedians.

The beautiful comedienne became popular with her very funny videos on instagram, portraying sassy Nigerian girlfriends, sneaky Nigerian daughters or smart ways to get out of typical Nigerian trouble scenerios. She is always witty and with a following of 166k followers, she is surely making people laugh.

9) Toolz

I don't know about you but this curvy radio presenter was brought to my attention by social media and us bloggers reporting everything she does on social media. Some of you might have known her from listening to her on radio but you have to be honest that its the social media frenzy especially about her curves that made her a recognisable face.

8 ) Kemi olunloye
This very controversial Twitter war lady is the daughter of a former governor of Oyo State. Kemi Olunloye is infamous for starting mega controversies in the social media spheres and we usually do not see the end of the matters she starts before she starts another one.

Her mental wellness and state is always in question because she is fond of bringing unsubstantiated and ridiculous claims against public figures and celebrities. From claiming she has evidence of Linda Ikeji collecting 200million Naira from dasuki to alleging she has evidence that Olamide killed Dagrin and even accusing her own father of rituals amongst several claims with "evidence" we never get to see.

She was reportedly deported from Canada due to this unstable behaviour and enjoys social media celebrity status as we all wait to hear the next controversial theory aunty Kemi can come up with.

7) Francis Odega

This veteran Nollywood comedian has been in the industry for a very long time making us laugh in our home videos but his big break did not come until an excerpt of a movie he acted in which he used his now catchphrase "gerrarahere mehn" went Viral that even 50 Cent shared it on his instagram page.

In fact, I did not even know his name until this whole "gerrarahere" skit saga

Things just went up for the actor from there. As we say in Nigeria "God picked his call" and Etisalat quickly snatched him up for endorsement. So that was how this obscure Nollywood comedian became an overnight sensation!

6) That Pulse Guy (Chuey)

Am sure you must have seen those videos of the pulse guy asking regular Nigerians on the street seemingly simple and harmless questions.

This pulse guy whom I have discovered is called "Chuey" has become so popular on social media that people cross the street to the other side when they see him coming in real life... lol

He askes you benign questions and hopes you goof and get them wrong and that is where the laughs come in. He doesn't laugh when you goof, in fact, he tells you to "chop knuckle" giving you the false feeling you did great.

5) Emmanuela

This little comedienne discovered or sponsored by MacAngels is becoming quite popular in Nigeria. The skit which shot her to limelight has earned her the nickname "not my real face girl"

Her interpretations or portrayal of your everyday bbm broadcast jokes has warmed her into the heart of most Nigerians and even earned her a spot on stage with recognised comedians as she recently performed in Julius Agwu's show.

4) Omojuwa

This very vocal political twitter pundit is known for throwing criticism at the government regardless of who is involved usually with loads of sarcasm.

He likes to think he is non partisan but some people would beg to differ as they think his criticisms on this Buhari-led government is not as aggressive as it was on the previous Jonathan-led government.

Omojuwa is not just a political commentator because he always has an opinion about everything earning him the nickname "twitter orubebe" for his constant rants about popular and trending issues.

3) Falz

This instagram comedian turned rapper is doing very well for himself.
Falz the son of a very respectable Nigerian lawyer who is a lawyer himself started off with comedy skits on instagram portraying the life of a Nigerian boy with a deep Yoruba accent. This unique brand of comedy found humour in the hearts of Nigerians who like relateable comedy. From comedy and this new found popularity he followed his passion in music creating a new brand of rap style and also releasing his debut album "stories that touch" a few months ago to positive reviews.

2)Craze Klown and Ade

This comedy duo take the cakes as the funniest of the funny comedians on instagram.

There is no other comedy style Nigerians love like relatable comedy because a typical Nigerian would rather laugh at him/her self than let you laugh. That's why comedians like Basketmouth whose brand of comedy is relateable still thrive.

Kraze Klown and Ade, portray the typical Nigerian father and son relationship which borders on the abusive tendency of Nigerian parents to discipline their children at every slightest opportunity and the resultant or in-born stubborn and mischievous streak of a typical Nigerian child who has gotten used to beating and so lives life and expects the repercussion.

This father and son duo reminds every Nigerian child of fond and not so fond memories of growing up Nigerian and the proud strictness which is learnt from parents and passed on to children.

1)Olajumoke

We all know this list will not be complete without Olajumoke. I already said her name do I really need to say more? This grass to grace story is usually the bedrock of several new generation churches foundation - unmerited favour.

This struggling former breadseller went from photobombing a celebrity photoshoot to becoming one of the most recogniced faces, a model and endorsing several brands in just a few months.

Olajumoke's story is an overwhelming tale of God's favour, opportunity and luck which will have to be told another day.

http://gossipatrol..com.ng/2016/03/10-people-social-media-made-famous-in.html?m=1

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by allanphash7(m): 12:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
I only know maheeda
Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by 4hys: 12:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
bread seller nko?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by dyn1800: 12:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
CRAZIE CLOWN MY FAVOURITE THO.... ADE THE SLAP RECEIVER.... NEVER A FAILED NETWORK grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by helphelp: 12:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by martyns303(m): 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
All from IG
Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by ayoolar011(m): 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
Twyse nkor

2 Likes

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by Critiqual(m): 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
3, 4, 7 and 10 only.

I love Maheeda
Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by html14java(f): 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
angry angry angry angryapart from nos 3 and 10, please who are those people? undecided undecided

[size=18pt]is the social media 2go?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by Segadem(m): 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
What of Gej, FFK, Okupe, dansuki ,maduekwe etc grin grin grin
Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by emilyone(f): 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
Wuraola also
Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by sdindan: 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
And you forget

our own

Barrister Miss NgeneUkwenu

3 Likes

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by Sitex(m): 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
airforce1
i hear his name quite frequently on nairaland
Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by fejikudz(m): 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
What about Lalasticlala & Emmanuela ?? grin grin
Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
Bovi,
girl with the real face oh,
and the other guy
Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by kristen12(f): 12:44pm On Mar 16, 2016
My favorites are Wofai, Crazeclown, Ade, falz
Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by Xodiq(m): 12:45pm On Mar 16, 2016
Where is Emmanuella on the list ?? Please kindly remove Francis Odega from the list jooor .

1 Like

Re: 10 People Social Media Made Famous In Nigeria by horlareey(m): 12:45pm On Mar 16, 2016
Wah abt sexy olajumoke??dah bae still dey hot ooo..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banky W And Ban Ki-Moon Hook Up In A Plane From South Africa / I’m Only For My Wife And Kids, Not A Sex Symbol – Funsho Adeolu / Opemipo Bamgbopa: Bank Alerts Turn Me On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.