Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences (10448 Views)

Patience Jonathan AKA Mama Peace May Consider Running For Senate Come 2019 / Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word / Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Adadio: 9:21am On Mar 16, 2016
Imagine what Nigeria would be like if the peoples of the South East and South West form a close relationship instead of the cat and mouse,albeit childish row upon row between them since the 1950,s.
Why should the two zones at every turn be at war,albeit a silent one for no justifiable reasons.The level if literacy is high in the two zones with high calibre professionals,intellectuals,vibrant youth etc.
In the South East,one in five families have Yoruba blood ,the ratio may be less in the South West.
It is really sad to read lots of yabis apologies to Fela,on social media between the two groups.One can feel the bitterness in some of the comments,but why?.
The day the SE and SW close ranks,hmmm Nigeria will hit first world status in less than a decade.Trust me.
I love the Yoruba and no amount of hiccups in our relationship will deter me from doing so.We shall be great.

1 Like

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by adeboizy11(m): 9:24am On Mar 16, 2016
Ehn-en?
Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by PlayerMeji: 9:36am On Mar 16, 2016
Adadio:
Imagine what Nigeria would be like if the peoples of the South East and South West form a close relationship instead of the cat and mouse,albeit childish row upon row between them since the 1950,s.
Why should the two zones at every turn be at war,albeit a silent one for no justifiable reasons.The level if literacy is high in the two zones with high calibre professionals,intellectuals,vibrant youth etc.
In the South East,one in five families have Yoruba blood ,the ratio may be less in the South West.
It is really sad to read lots of yabis apologies to Fela,on social media between the two groups.One can feel the bitterness in some of the comments,but why?.
The day the SE and SW close ranks,hmmm Nigeria will hit first world status in less than a decade.Trust me.
I love the Yoruba and no amount of hiccups in our relationship will deter me from doing so.We shall be great.

My broda, this is the 'most truthful' post I have read in a very long while in this forum. I live in Abuja and I know the love SW and SE share out here, we all know who are common enemies are. But I find it very hard to swallow when I come online and I see the same SW and SE group sharing banters online but I know that most of the people doing these things are ignorant and basically reside within the regions, therefore they dont know what is going on up north. I love my SE guys and hold them in high esteem. The day we open our eyes to this 'divide and rule' tactics deployed by the Northern elements that is when we would know that we are better off with ourselves.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by coolitempa(f): 9:40am On Mar 16, 2016
It's the ibos who hate us....we don't hate them or anybody....we feel compelled to deal with their lies....envy....and their disrespectful ways.... angry...we have been too quiet for too long that they even started believing their lies and adding more... sad

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Adadio: 9:46am On Mar 16, 2016
coolitempa:
It's the ibos who hate us....we don't hate them or anybody....we feel compelled to deal with their lies....envy....and their disrespectful ways.... angry...we have been too quiet for too long that they even started believing their lies and adding more... sad
Love conquers all.Your moniker is Cool temper.I love that.Bitterness can be conquered.

2 Likes

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Adadio: 9:48am On Mar 16, 2016
PlayerMeji:

My broda, this is the 'most truthful' post I have read in a very long while in this forum. I live in Abuja and I know the love SW and SE share out here, we all know who are common enemies are. But I find it very hard to swallow when I come online and I see the same SW and SE group sharing banters online but I know that most of the people doing these things are ignorant and basically reside within the regions, therefore they dont know what is going on up north. I love my SE guys and hold them in high esteem. The day we open our eyes to this 'divide and rule' tactics deployed by the Northern elements that is when we would know that we are better off with ourselves.
Oh my God,you got it right.You shoot so straight,and you hit the bulls eyes.Wow,thanks Brother.
Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by utytill(m): 10:09am On Mar 16, 2016
Are they complaining?
Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by PedroJP(m): 10:30am On Mar 16, 2016
There is no need for peace anymore as peace reigning in Nigeria simply means to allow injustice to continue. To ur tent o'Israel.

Let those who left their folks in Benin and Togo be reunited to them.

Let those who want to wear Sharia as a cloth have their sharia in full stupor.

Let those who feel they can survive and do well on their own go their way. Break is the simple world that may get things done the right way.

Igbo and Yoruba need no unity rather Yorubas need unification with their blood in Benin and Togo.

Onye amakwala na onya ndi ojo a si na mpahara ndida anyanwu.

Ala owuwu anyanwu bu ihe diri anyi ikwado. O nweghi ama ozo anyi na acho ga egozi na anyi ga eme ofuma na ala owuwu anyanwu karia ama egwu ndi ugwu na ndida anyanwu na atu mgbe obula ha ji nti ha maka nkwado ala anyi bu Ala owuwu anyanwu.

Anyi ga ekwuputa otu Ubochi dika Umu Israel siri kwuo " Onyenweanyi anaputago anyi na ohu nakwa ochichiri"

onye siri na ogaghi eme ya na ihu owuwu anyanwu i noro nke onwe ya, ngwanu, nsogbu adighi, ya mee ya na azu.

30 Likes

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 16, 2016
Yorubas dont care if igbos like us or not we dont hate them,the seed of hatred they sow online we definitely bear fruits

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by greatCharley(m): 10:39am On Mar 16, 2016
Hagmond:
Yorubas dont care if igbos like us or not we dont hate them,the seed of hatred they sow online we definitely bear fruits

you are a big liar. the hatred started with you guys, cos we came to your place and made more money and you started serving us in return. an average Yoruba claims to be wiser and better than every other. its ironical to think Igbo's are hating, while they are the most traveled/exposed in the country. we don't make trouble, except for the few cases of religious crises. if we are hateful, how come we visit and stay with other tribes and religion?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Noneroone(m): 10:39am On Mar 16, 2016
Adadio:
every groupp can prosper without involving the other. No man's prosperity is tied to the endorsement of another.

But it happened that in nigeria we had three groups one in north, two in south. Hausa has born to rule mentality, are backward, islamic, violent and conservative. Yorubas are fairly progressive and educated, but igbos are the most liberal, progressive, resourceful and intelligent. This is the plain fact. Everyone knows the north should be cut to size if the country sould progress for no nation allow backward group to pilot their affairs if it intends towing the path of progress. But the yoruba is too jealous of igbos, too threatened by igbos and too fearful to allow event follow their path, hence they align with the north to keep the country in perpetual state of underdevelopment. Yoruba policy since amalgation has been guided by hatred, jealousy and fear towards the igbos. Awolowo was the one who told his kinsmen to leave ncnc 'cos it was an igbo party at a time when the major of enugu was a northerner. He started ethnic politics in naija.

The travails of the same awolowo and the crisis in western region(engineered by ahma%u bello) was what provoked nzeogwu's coup. They planned to restore awolowo as the premier. But what happened later? The same awolowo after his release, and inspired by hatred and jealousy, joined the same north wh put him in prison to persecute igbos who fought for him. Even US dip. Archive wrote that awolowos role in that war was inspired by his anipathy towards the igbos. Not to talk of his wartime policies as finance minister.

Even now many yorubas voted buhari not because the saw jonathan as bad but because they believed he identified with igbos.

Therefore igbos do not beef anyone. No igboman has that time.
Yoruba policies are guided by hate wickedness and jealousy. I am sorry to be this plain

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 16, 2016
Tell me how yorubas hate you guys,you shout we make money are you the only tribe making money in southwest,igbos brag too much everywhere you go you incur wrath of the host.
greatCharley:

you are a big liar. the hatred started with you guys, cos we came to your place and made more money and you started serving us in return. an average Yoruba claims to be wiser and better than every other. its ironical to think Igbo's are hating, while they are the most traveled/exposed in the country. we don't make trouble, except for the few cases of religious crises. if we are hateful, how come we visit and stay with other tribes and religion?

7 Likes

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by EastanPower(m): 10:47am On Mar 16, 2016
Hagmond:
Tell me how yorubas hate you guys,you shout we make money are you the only tribe making money in southwest,igbos brag too much everywhere you go you incur wrath of the host.

Shut up!

It is better to brag than to go about killing your hosts, burning their shops/houses and raping their women.

7 Likes

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Noneroone(m): 10:54am On Mar 16, 2016
Igbos voted abiola and when they killed him the same igbos stood by obj. But yorubas always think igbos are dumb and prefer business to politics.

Every yorubaman has this fear for igbos. Even wale adenuga told nigerian that jonathan gave money to only igbo nollywood. What of soyinka, akiolu, and that mad doctor in the us?

The issue is no longer coperation. Its about going our seperate ways. Even the laws of power states that anyone who has a unique quality should hide it form those that are less endowed because at any slightest opportunity they will gang up and punish you for making them feel inferior. This is what igbos are facing in nigaria

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by coolitempa(f): 11:05am On Mar 16, 2016
Adadio:

Love conquers all.Your moniker is Cool temper.I love that.Bitterness can be conquered.

That's me...but the moderators need to stop banning me constantly for being civil.... sad....I do not want to accuse them of bias but this has to stop....
Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 16, 2016
I pray you guys do more to achieve biafra so we can all go,you guys were the first to align with hausa people you called backward azikwe become second in command to an hausa teacher and your forefathers didnt remember born to rule
because yoruba didnt vote for azikwe the old man started running his mouth that awolowo started ethnic politics while he ran to the southeast to send the voted premier parking,a yoruba general sacrificed his life to protect aguiyi ironsi and we hate igbos
ojukwu wanted to invade western nigeria so awolowo should fold his arms,any sane person knew that jonathan was grossly uncapable save nigeria group were igbos abi you taught yoruba to vote for him during his first tenure,i would voted for the devil if he contested against goodluck and if buhari mess up we kick him out.Rubbish
Noneroone:
every groupp can prosper without involving the other. No man's prosperity is tied to the endorsement of another.

But it happened that in nigeria we had three groups one in north, two in south. Hausa has born to rule mentality, are backward, islamic, violent and conservative. Yorubas are fairly progressive and educated, but igbos are the most liberal, progressive, resourceful and intelligent. This is the plain fact. Everyone knows the north should be cut to size if the country sould progress for no nation allow backward group to pilot their affairs if it intends towing the path of progress. But the yoruba is too jealous of igbos, too threatened by igbos and too fearful to allow event follow their path, hence they align with the north to keep the country in perpetual state of underdevelopment. Yoruba policy since amalgation has been guided by hatred, jealousy and fear towards the igbos. Awolowo was the one who told his kinsmen to leave ncnc 'cos it was an igbo party at a time when the major of enugu was a northerner. He started ethnic politics in naija.

The travails of the same awolowo and the crisis in western region(engineered by ahma%u bello) was what provoked nzeogwu's coup. They planned to restore awolowo as the premier. But what happened later? The same awolowo after his release, and inspired by hatred and jealousy, joined the same north wh put him in prison to persecute igbos who fought for him. Even US dip. Archive wrote that awolowos role in that war was inspired by his anipathy towards the igbos. Not to talk of his wartime policies as finance minister.

Even now many yorubas voted buhari not because the saw jonathan as bad but because they believed he identified with igbos.

Therefore igbos do not beef anyone. No igboman has that time.
Yoruba policies are guided by hate wickedness and jealousy. I am sorry to be this plain

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 16, 2016
Soyinka na dtai solarin that was imprisoned because they support biafra hates igbos.smh
Noneroone:
Igbos voted abiola and when they killed him the same igbos stood by obj. But yorubas always think igbos are dumb and prefer business to politics.

Every yorubaman has this fear for igbos. Even wale adenuga told nigerian that jonathan gave money to only igbo nollywood. What of soyinka, akiolu, and that mad doctor in the us?

The issue is no longer coperation. Its about going our seperate ways. Even the laws of power states that anyone who has a unique quality should hide it form those that are less endowed because at any slightest opportunity they will gang up and punish you for making them feel inferior. This is what igbos are facing in nigaria

4 Likes

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 16, 2016
Why are guys so quick to emotions,didnt your saviour kanu promised to kill all yorubas
i dont hate ibos but no matterthe hate i have in my heart ibos hate me more they have promised to kills me and my people
EastanPower:

Shut up!

It is better to brag than to go about killing your hosts, burning their shops/houses and raping their women.

1 Like

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by coolitempa(f): 11:13am On Mar 16, 2016
greatCharley:

Because your lands are inhabitable and the poverty in the SE is the stuff of legends.... angry...you migrate out of desperation for survival like the Syrians etc.... angry...we have an enabling environment and allow you live.....and then you insult us... angry...your people are haters...sorry but it's the truth.....your jealousy will be your undoing as we gradually make it clear to you that you must by fire...by thunder....respect your hosts...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 16, 2016
Igbos came to southwest to make money who buys the products you sell ghosts?

4 Likes

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by EastanPower(m): 11:17am On Mar 16, 2016
Hagmond:
Why are guys so quick to emotions,didnt your saviour kanu promised to kill all yorubas
i dont hate ibos but no matterthe hate i have in my heart ibos hate me more they have promised to kills me and my people

Igbos promised to kill Yorubas simplye because Kanu says so, well.

"We" promised to kill but the hausa/fulani don't promise, they just go about killing/raping, destroying cars/houses/farms/shops and yet to you Yorubas they are better than Igbos. Now who is your enemy here? The one that talks and talks but will never harm you or the one that will not talk but kill, destroy and rape. Na wo oo

This is what really makes me angry with you people.

6 Likes

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by 3xtr6r: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2016
Igbos cannot afford to go into an evil alliance at this critical moment. Igbos are comfortable having a separate existence from greedy, backstabbing parasites.

Oba of Lagos Threat on Igbos Over 2015 Governorship 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u255UM6Ro

https://www.nairaland.com/366016/matthew-mbu-tribalism-awo-north

Asaba Genocide - Oct 7, 1967 Massacre:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEaX9lVVrCM

"We killed the Easterners for oil and nothing else"- Benjamin Adekunle.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by 3xtr6r: 11:22am On Mar 16, 2016
“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.” - Jessica Brody

In Lagos under 'One Nigeria' there exist a silent economic war of destruction of livelihood, burning of markets in the middle of the night, extortion and harassment of genuine businesses by official area boys and street urchins, illegal/multiple taxing of business owners, in markets where Igbos operate e.g. Tejuoso, Alaba International and Ladipo. And now Oshodi electrical & electronic market.

Many of these attracious deeds are conducted at odd times when the traders won't be available to resist the dastardly acts.

Over the decades in the South-West, the Yorubas have systematically burnt Igbo shops as a guise to hijacking the markets from Igbos.

They hide under the guise of city development at the expense of the people's welfare and claim they had given the traders ample time to relocate and yet the demolition is carried out at odd times.

Shops are demolished without compensation and someone will still say the traders were given sufficient notice of vacation as if the alternative is affordable. The proposed alternative shops are oftentimes so exorbitant and out of reach by the common man.

Igbos are made to develop barren locations and thereafter chased away to an undeveloped area or a complex beyond the reach by the common man.
Many a time the destruction of shops are selectively done exempting where Yorubas sell agbo, weed and fake medicine just like in Oshodi where Electronic shops belonging to Igbos were demolished.

It takes a callous government to destroy livelihoods just to justify beautification of a city at the expense of people's economic empowerment.

https://www.nairaland.com/2618835/hoodlums-shut-down-alaba-international

https://www.nairaland.com/2846885/tears-lagos-demolishes-oshodi-market

https://www.nairaland.com/2847030/crime-lagos-state-demolishing-oshodi#41720484

https://www.nairaland.com/2847088/photos-oshodi-electronic-market-demolished

Prior to the 2015 general elections, amidst the threat by the lagoon crooner to drown Igbos, 18 Chisco transport buses were criminally burnt down in Lagos and up till date nothing was done to bring the culprits to book.

What does 'One Nigeria' mean?
A deceit where you are empowered to share my crude oil and wealth as 'One Nigeria' while I am considered a migrant to your State whom you're just merely accommodating and may perish in the lagoon at your command.

It is a chaotic situation where the Oba of a place would invite the representative of a people for discussion in his palace as regards a market leadership dispute only to set an ambush for him and unleash hundreds of thugs to flog and disgrace him.

It is an unjust situation where you're licensed to use foul means to destroy my business in your State with outrageous taxes. You can close my business premises at will while your elites continue to shout 'One Nigeria' to cover up the evils and injustices prevalent in the land. And you still expect me to be docile and continue to suffer silently as your hate and envy for my progress soar high.

Now, do you have any case for unity - fake or imaginary?

If you have there would no need fooling and playing to the gallery and shouting 'One Nigeria'. Or have you ever heard 'One Great Britain', 'One United States of America', 'One Germany'?
That shows that something is fundamentally wrong which many have been shying away from.

Is it a crime for any person/group to choose to opt out of a relationship?

Strange bedfellows, with irreconcilable value systems that are at best suitable for the individual selves, are not meant to be together! The 102 years of existence attest to that verdict!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/oshodi-market-demolition-affected-traders-reject-alternative/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbtKvPhzTOs

https://www.nairaland.com/2850760/nothern-western-plot-against-south
https://video-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpt1/v/t42.1790-2/12487846_868063953309605_943466236_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjMwMCwicmxhIjozMDI0LCJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InN2ZV9zZCJ9&oh=02a09a5c73428c1965e5d174eb60ab94&oe=568F7AD5

March 8, 2016: https://www.nairaland.com/2979169/tears-ladipo-traders-fault-midnight

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by EastanPower(m): 11:23am On Mar 16, 2016
coolitempa:

[s]Because your lands are inhabitable and the poverty in the SE is the stuff of legends.... angry...you migrate out of desperation for survival like the Syrians etc.... angry...we have an enabling environment and allow you live.....and then you insult us... angry...your people are haters...sorry but it's the truth.....your jealousy will be your undoing as we gradually make it clear to you that you must by fire...by thunder....respect your hosts...[/s]

First tell the people that sacked Yorubas from their own houses and shops to respect their host.

First tell the people that burnt down a celestial church on Yoruba soil to respect their host.

First tell the people that slaughtered and burned Yorubas on their own soil to respect their host

First tell the people that killed innocent Yoruba school children on Yoruba soil to respect their host

First tell the people that burnt many Yoruba cars to respect their hosts.

Shameless man.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 16, 2016
So oba akiolu is speaking for all yorubas hausa fulani kills anybody not yorubas alone what have you done to them buhari came to ibadan crying that we have killed so many fulani.yoruba never said ibo was their enemy you guys are the ones digging up imaginary hatred from nowhere.i just hope this country divides,well i blame goosluck who could not implement confab reports
EastanPower:

Igbos promised to kill Yorubas simplye because Kanu says so, well.

"We" promised to kill but the hausa/fulani don't promise, they just go about killing/raping, destroying cars/houses/farms/shops and yet to you Yorubas they are better than Igbos. Now who is your enemy here? The one that talks and talks but will never harm you or the one that will not talk but kill, destroy and rape. Na wo oo

This is what really makes me angry with you people.
Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by EastanPower(m): 11:27am On Mar 16, 2016
Hagmond:
I pray you guys do more to achieve biafra so we can all go,you guys were the first to align with hausa people you called backward[b] azikwe become second in command to an hausa teacher[/b] and your forefathers didnt remember born to rule
because yoruba didnt vote for azikwe the old man started running his mouth that awolowo started ethnic politics while he ran to the southeast to send the voted premier parking,a yoruba general sacrificed his life to protect aguiyi ironsi and we hate igbos
ojukwu wanted to invade western nigeria so awolowo should fold his arms,any sane person knew that jonathan was grossly uncapable save nigeria group were igbos abi you taught yoruba to vote for him during his first tenure,i would voted for the devil if he contested against goodluck and if buhari mess up we kick him out.Rubbish

Point of correction, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe is known as Nigeria's first president, you can consult google for more education.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by EastanPower(m): 11:28am On Mar 16, 2016
Hagmond:
So oba akiolu is speaking for all yorubas hausa fulani kills anybody not yorubas alone what have you done to them buhari came to ibadan crying that we have killed so many fulani.yoruba never said ibo was their enemy you guys are the ones digging up imaginary hatred from nowhere.i just hope this country divides,well i blame goosluck who could not implement confab reports

It makes more sense to take the words of your Oba as your own words than to take the words of Kanu as word from the Igbo.

Akiolu is a Yoruba Oba till today but what is Kanu's title, please tell me?

10 Likes

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 16, 2016
How many people protest during ipob rally.bro think
EastanPower:

It makes more sense to take the words of your Oba as your own words than to take the words of Kanu as word from the Igbo.

Akiolu is a Yoruba Oba till today but what is Kanu's title, please tell me?

1 Like

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2016
He was govenor general under whose prime ministership
EastanPower:

Point of correction, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe is known as Nigeria's first president, you can consult google for more education.

Thank you.
Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by 3xtr6r: 11:34am On Mar 16, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/2742284/biafra-agitation-popular-yoruba-activist

wecan post:
Raw truth from elderly Yoruba man
JUST BEFORE THE DAWN; LET BIAFR@ GO, LET BIAFR@ BE.
By Okesola Ajibola Olayemi

The United Kingdom (Britain) consisted of 5 kingdoms in the begining but today, the Welch, the Scotish, the Wales have gone their own ways and independently there are, ditto the old USSR. You dont impose it on people to live as one if they so decided to go, its a marriage of force by Lord Lugard when he (he wont rest in peace) amalgated us as a Nation.

I repeat here the Igbos have suffered in this country, let them be. The Yorubas must support the Igbos clarion calls of freedom and self independent for one good reason. The Northern oligacy jailed our revered father and the Asiwaju of the Yorubas by the power that be then. Gen Ironsi was the head of state, late Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu (a war lock and my hero) gave Ironsi so many troubles to release Awo, Gen Gowon then the 2nd in command from the Northern part of this country will not hear a thing of this. Gen Ironsi courtesy of Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu persisted Awo must be released.

Gen Ironsi signed Awolowo released papers and he Gen Ironsi was murdered same day before the papers could reached the then Eastern Governor Odumegwu Ojukwu. He Ojukwu unilataterially release Awolowo and ordered the Eastern Region senior police officers to deliver Awo...the avater to his Ikenne home save and sound. ( Pls see this in Fredrick Froster book entitled 'Emeka' at page 62) For this singular act, i belong to Biafr@. My age mates and i were educated free of any charges by the late sage free.

Let the Biafr@ be and stop shedding their bloods for God sake. The Oracle at West End, Ijebu Igbo, Ogun State, South West Nigeria have spoken.

4 Likes

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by 3xtr6r: 11:36am On Mar 16, 2016
1* “We do not want our Southern neighbours to interfere in our development. We have never associated ourselves with the activities of these
people. We do not know them, we do not
recognize them, and we share no responsibility in their actions. We shall demand our rights when the time is ripe. If the British quit Nigeria now at this
stage, the Northern people would continue their uninterrupted conquest to the sea”. - Sir Tafawa Balewa (1947)

2* “We the people of the North will continue our stated intention to conquer the South and to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean after the British leave our shores.” - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1957)

3* "The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future" 
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12,  1960

Ahmadu Bello, arrogantly uttered the aforementioned statement in a multicultural and multi-religious country and got away with it, and many bigots still hold him in high esteem and even shove it down the throats of other people.

4* 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

5*...barely six months after independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello was able to say with confidence in the Daily Times of May 3, 1961, the following:
“I’m set and fully armed, to conquer the Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless manner as my grandfather conquered Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during the last century.”

6*...sometime in 2010, when upon the demise of President Umaru Y'Ardua, indications emerged that his erstwhile deputy, President Goodluck Jonathan, may contest the 2011 presidential election, a prominent chieftain of this same ACF, Lawal Kaita, who was a former Governor of old Kaduna State,threatened that the North would make Nigeria ungovernable, should Jonathan or anyone from the South win the 2011 presidential election, claiming that such would amount to denying the North it's birthright of ruling Nigeria.

7* It is in the same North barbaric statements like this were uttered in 2011: ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD”. And what was the outcome - carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians in the North, including many Youth Corps members when Buhari lost the 2011 presidential election?

8* That true to that threat, upon the victory of Jonathan from the 2011 presidential election, massive violence was unleashed from the North by a group which called itself Boko Haram and which repeatedly took responsibility for unending mayhem which began with the killing of Youth Corp members who worked ad-hoc for INEC in that election.

9* As the barbaric killings and destructions reigned, especially with the attack by Boko Haram on the UN Building and Force Headquarters in Abuja, the Lower Niger Congress publicly posited that the nexus between the aforementioned threat by ACF's, Lawal Kaita and the Boko Haram's bloody campaigns summarily destroyed any prospects for keeping the Nigeria Union.

10* "It was, therefore, no surprise that in October 2013, following the bold announcement by President Jonathan, presenting the sudden prospect of revisiting the master-servant constitutional arrangements of Nigeria infuriated the warmongering born-to-rule Caliphate whose cause was championed by the same ACF, and who, supported by their allies from the renegade wing of the Yoruba Southwest,  launched a vicious, frontal attack on the initiative, teaming on the floor of the Conference into a majority, and driving the Conference into its first major decision, i.e. NOT TO DISCUSS THE TERMS OF NIGERIA'S UNITY. The rest of the Conference was a jamboree that provided a luxurious platform for the North/SW Alliance, parading itself as a new political party named APC, to fine-tune their violent March to the do-or-die 2015 general elections."

11* Oba of Lagos Threat on Igbos Over 2015 Governorship 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u255UM6Ro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Peace May Reign In Nigeria,south East And South West To Sink Differences by omoharry(f): 11:40am On Mar 16, 2016
OP..I thought this thread was opened for tHE South East and South West people here to reconcile thier differences...now you see!! these poeple can never get along without passing blames among one another..it is pathetic.this is what the northerners are using against you guys..divided and rule tactice and you will continue to fight and chest beast among yourselves without any meaningful development in your region...goodness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obaseki Visits Idris Ibrahim, The Police IG / INEC Adjusts 2019 Elections Budget To N143bn / International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.