Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... (1627 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / Any Muslims Who Converted To Christainity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 21, 2009
It is a big shame to christains considering what christainity have turned into, Can you imagine  pastors buying Jets,they have fat accounts & properties.Would jesus christ have live this kind of life if he were to have this type of opportunity??.They(pastors) suck their congregation under the cover of tithe, No wonder Fashola decided to tax them considering the millions of Naira they make everyday.Pastors are suppose to be holy men & not FRAUDSTERS.Efcc should be encourage to investigate, They all belong to secret cults for their abacadabra miracle, What is the difference between them<christ embassy,redeem,cannanland,Trem> & Synagogue who also perform miracles but was indicted for using occult powers, What is this mess Holy crap!!!!!
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by banom(m): 11:21am On Jul 21, 2009
Neptunz:

It is a big shame to christains considering what christainity have turned into, Can you imagine pastors buying Jets,they have fat accounts & properties.Would jesus christ have live this kind of life if he were to have this type of opportunity??.They(pastors) suck their congregation under the cover of tithe, No wonder Fashola decided to tax them considering the millions of Naira they make everyday.Pastors are suppose to be holy men & not FRAUDSTERS.Efcc should be encourage to investigate, They all belong to secret cults for their abacadabra miracle, What is the difference between them<christ embassy,redeem,cannanland,Trem> & Synagogue who also perform miracles but was indicted for using occult powers, What is this mess called ChristainityHoly crap

I am not a christian though, while you are right in what you said about con men exploiting others in the name of God, i think it is wrong for you to say ,What is this mess called christianity, that was very wrong, the problem is not christianity, christianity as a religion is a perfect upright peace and loving religion, the problem is the hard economic situation in nigeria, and lack of fear of God by some animals (con men) who saw the endless oppurtunity in religion as a money making machine and started using the name of God to exploit their fellow Nigerians, another problem is those who follow these con men of god and allow them to exploit them in the name of GOD.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by GEW: 11:31am On Jul 21, 2009
Neptunz:

It is a big shame to christains considering what christainity have turned into, Can you imagine  pastors buying Jets,they have fat accounts & properties.Would jesus christ have live this kind of life if he were to have this type of opportunity??.They(pastors) suck their congregation under the cover of tithe, No wonder Fashola decided to tax them considering the millions of Naira they make everyday.Pastors are suppose to be holy men & not FRAUDSTERS.Efcc should be encourage to investigate, They all belong to secret cults for their abacadabra miracle, What is the difference between them<christ embassy,redeem,cannanland,Trem> & Synagogue who also perform miracles but was indicted for using occult powers, What is this mess called ChristainityHoly crap 
  which of them was indicted and by whom? most nigerians are fraudulent by nature so using the name of God is just another means to an end for some of them like taking advantage of someone else stupidity and gulibility
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by goodguy100(m): 11:40am On Jul 21, 2009
Please do not reply to this post cus the poster is really Crazy.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by posakosa(m): 11:44am On Jul 21, 2009
It is unfair to pick on the Christian Religion,

what about: fake babalawos, Islam religion and such,

Exploration is up to the individual, any form of institutional religion in my opinion is an oppressive and political tool used to control the masses but my point being that it is unfair to pick on the Christian Religion,

Also I think that there is an enormous difference between religion and faith, HA! wink
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Tudor6(f): 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2009
goodguy100:

Please do not reply to this post cus the poster is really Crazy.   
I'm not suprised this is your response. You view any honest question directed at your faith as an abomination. This is the height of delusion!
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Maykelly(f): 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2009
Neptunz:

It is a big shame to christains considering what christainity have turned into, Can you imagine pastors buying Jets,they have fat accounts & properties.Would jesus christ have live this kind of life if he were to have this type of opportunity??.They(pastors) suck their congregation under the cover of tithe, No wonder Fashola decided to tax them considering the millions of Naira they make everyday.Pastors are suppose to be holy men & not FRAUDSTERS.Efcc should be encourage to investigate, They all belong to secret cults for their abacadabra miracle, What is the difference between them<christ embassy,redeem,cannanland,Trem> & Synagogue who also perform miracles but was indicted for using occult powers, What is this mess Holy crap
ur blind folded from birth and as well as confused. ur talking nonsence!
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by JIL(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
Neptunz:

It is a big shame to christains considering what christainity have turned into, Can you imagine  pastors buying Jets,they have fat accounts & properties.Would jesus christ have live this kind of life if he were to have this type of opportunity??.They(pastors) suck their congregation under the cover of tithe, No wonder Fashola decided to tax them considering the millions of Naira they make everyday.Pastors are suppose to be holy men & not FRAUDSTERS.Efcc should be encourage to investigate, They all belong to secret cults for their abacadabra miracle, What is the difference between them<christ embassy,redeem,cannanland,Trem> & Synagogue who also perform miracles but was indicted for using occult powers, What is this mess Holy crap

The useless point you are trying to raise is the most overflogged topic on Nairaland. Posters who have nothing tangible to say but want to increase their post count recycle the same old boring story like you are doing.

You are hypocritically blind like the rest of them. You open your eyes to see pastors buying jets, cars and properties but you fail to notice the thousands of pastors and evangelists who travel round the world living an austere life and preaching the word of God for virtually nothing.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Tudor6(f): 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2009
Well like they say the bad are always more popular than the good.
The so called austere evangelists are in a minority and hidden in the background. Its the flamboyant and theiving ones that make the most noise making them popular and widely known.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by JIL(m): 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2009
Tudór:

Well like they say the bad are always more popular than the good.
The so called austere evangelists are in a minority and hidden in the background. Its the flamboyant and theiving ones that make the most noise making them popular and widely known.

The austere evangelists are in the majority.For every known pastor , there are thousands of unknown ones who live life at the subsistence level. Your posts and those of your cohorts is aimed at giving Christianity a bad name and you have failed woefully in that regard.

Your reference to some Pastors as 'theiving' is uncouth. What proof do you have that they are stolen church money? Even if some have, how does that concern you personally? This is akin to taking Panadol for another man's headache while refusing to take Chroroquine for your Malaria. This is pure envy laced with bitterness. How many statements have you made with regards to politicians who are known to have stolen your money? Please, go to the political section and make your comments there if you have nothing new to contribute here.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2009
The problem about xtians is that any time a muslim points out their flaws,they cry out loud, U can imagine goodguy100 who doesnt belong anywhere askin people nt to read this post.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2009
Neptunz:

It is a big shame to christains considering what christainity have turned into, Can you imagine  pastors buying Jets,they have fat accounts & properties.Would jesus christ have live this kind of life if he were to have this type of opportunity??.They(pastors) suck their congregation under the cover of tithe, No wonder Fashola decided to tax them considering the millions of Naira they make everyday.Pastors are suppose to be holy men & not FRAUDSTERS.Efcc should be encourage to investigate, They all belong to secret cults for their abacadabra miracle, What is the difference between them<christ embassy,redeem,cannanland,Trem> & Synagogue who also perform miracles but was indicted for using occult powers, What is this mess Holy crap

1. To start with, the pastors in Nigeria who are rich are only a very tiny fraction. Like someone said, it's very unfair to judge the whole Christian community by only a few people.

2. Could your prove that any pastor is a fraudster? In case you didn't know, here's what the Bible says about wealth:

Deut 8:18
But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
KJV

Being wealthy is a hundred and ten percent scriptural.

3. Could you prove that any pastor is a member of a secret cult?

Please answer.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by mamagee3(f): 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2009
This poster is insane undecided
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by banom(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2009
mactao:

1. To start with, the pastors in Nigeria who are rich are only a very tiny fraction. Like someone said, it's very unfair to judge the whole Christian community by only a few people.

2. Could your prove that any pastor is a fraudster? In case you didn't know, here's what the Bible says about wealth:

Deut 8:18
But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
KJV

Being wealthy is a hundred and ten percent scriptural.

3. Could you prove that any pastor is a member of a secret cult?

Please answer.

Dont even go that side before you invite me on this thread.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2009
You're very welcome, banom. Air your views. But please don't insult.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2009
Even if they are fraudsters (not in any way saying they are, I wouldn't know), don't judge a whole religion based on what some members of the religion are doing, that's where the term generalisation comes in.

Another thing, it is now a sin to have money?
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2009
ibkaye:

Even if they are fraudsters (not in any way saying they are, I wouldn't know), don't judge a whole religion based on what some members of the religion are doing, that's where the term generalisation comes in.

Exactly the point, it's impossible to know. Why should a random person just wake up one morning and decide that the first rich man's name that crosses his mind is the name of a fraudster? Pur-leese!
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by banom(m): 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
ibkaye:

Absolutely not, personaly, i fancy flamboyant life, what the heck did we come on earth to do ?

But i trow back the following two questions to you and i want you to answer them objectively,
1,If a pastor buys a 4.7 billion naira personal  jet ( plus inevitable future maintainance and running cost) during the time of dire economic crisis while over 80% of his congregation are dirty poor, Is it moraly right or wrong ?

2, dou you think Jesus christ himself would have done the same thing ?
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2009
mactao:

Exactly the point, it's impossible to know. Why should a random person just wake up one morning and decide that the first rich man's name that crosses his mind is the name of a fraudster? Pur-leese!
Exactly, I noticed a number of people in the religion section like to base their 'facts' on assumptions, it's stupid.

banom:

Absolutely not, personaly, i fancy flamboyant life, what the heck did we come on earth to do ?

But i trow back the following two questions to you and i want you to answer them objectively,
1,If a pastor buys a 4.7 billion naira personal  jet ( plus inevitable future maintainance and running cost) during the time of dire economic crisis while over 80% of his congregation are dirty poor, Is it moraly right or wrong ?

2, dou you think Jesus christ himself would have done the same thing ?
My answer to question 1 is that personally I see it as morally wrong, and to question 2, my answer is no. Then again, that's not the point I'm trying to make, my point is that one should not judge an entire religion based on some of the members, no one is perfect, this applies in terms of religion, not trying to justify the bad things done by members of any religion by the way, I'm just saying, it's not fair to generalise, the OP addressed the problem of these pastors as if every single existing pastor is like this.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by banom(m): 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2009
ibkaye:

Exactly, I noticed a number of people in the religion section like to base their 'facts' on assumptions, it's stupid.

My answer to question 1 is that personally I see it as morally wrong, and to question 2, my answer is no. Then again, that's not the point I'm trying to make, my point is that one should not judge an entire religion based on some of the members, no one is perfect, this applies in terms of religion, not trying to justify the bad things done by members of any religion by the way, I'm just saying, it's not fair to generalise, the OP addressed the problem of these pastors as if every single existing pastor is like this.

We all know , The OP is a moslim and he was trying to ridicule christianity that was why i cautioned him in my first reply,
But the gospel truth is that you can not make your self an object of ridicule and you expect your enemies to keep quiet, it is left for you christians to call yourselves to proper order.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2009
banom:

We all know , The OP is a moslim and he was trying to ridicule christianity that was why i cautioned him in my first reply,
But the gospel truth is that you can not make your self an object of ridicule and you expect your enemies to keep quiet, it is left for you christians to call yourselves to proper order.
Bleh, fair enough, therefore the pastors should be the object of ridicule, not the religion itself, the OP is a muslim you say? And he has the cheek to be ridiculing the whole religion based on what some members of the religion in question did? shocked

Wow.

(This does not mean in anyway that I am beefing Islam o)
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by banom(m): 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2009
ibkaye:

Bleh, fair enough, therefore the pastors should be the object of ridicule, not the religion itself, the OP is a muslim you say? And he has the cheek to be ridiculing the whole religion based on what some members of the religion in question did? shocked

Wow.

(This does not mean in anyway that I am beefing Islam o)

Of course, except the Op is a fool or an entirely new breed of a war genius,
If you want to fight or ridicule an abstract thing like religion, if you keep talking about the religion you will end up fighting air, the best thing to do is to stage out some bad practioners of the religion and stain their reputes,expose the evil they do in the name of the religion and that will help you do  the desired  damage.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2009
banom:

Of course, except the Op is a fool or an entire new breed of a war genius,
If you want to fight or ridicule an abstract thing like religion, if you keep talking about the religion you will end up fighting air, the best thing to do is to stage out some bad practioners of the religion and stain their reputes,expose the evil they do in the name of the religion and that will help you do the desired damage.
Thankyou jare, pick on the individuals.
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 22, 2009
@banom, What is the difference between a bribe giver & the taker, Tell me one pastor in nigeria that's not rich, They all say the lord called them, We know some of them that politicians patronize, They r the real G's
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by sley4life(m): 6:14am On Jul 22, 2009
its a religion, But in 9ja we have turn it to something else
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by sley4life(m): 6:16am On Jul 22, 2009
our pastors have spoilt the christian faith
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by banom(m): 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2009
Neptunz:

@banom, What is the difference between a bribe giver & the taker, Tell me one pastor in nigeria that's not rich, They all say the lord called them, We know some of them that politicians patronize, They r the real G's

I know, i am only trying to help the OP achieve his aim, if you want to expose bribe givers and takers, if you do it by talking about bribe, you will end up not exposing the people you want to expose, you should go directly by exposing the bribe givers and takers,
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Abuzola(m): 8:55pm On Jul 25, 2009
I invite you all to islam, the religion of salvation. Christian god died, atheist and animal are alike, they both think the same
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2009
Abuzola:

I invite you all to islam, the religion of salvation. Christian god died, atheist and animal are alike, they both think the same

what is salvation in islam?
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Abuzola(m): 8:59pm On Jul 25, 2009
Testify that Allah is the true God and muhammad is His messenger
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 25, 2009
What are you saved from? By who? when? and how? and why?
Re: Is christainity a religion or Atm machine... by Abuzola(m): 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2009
The God of jesus will save everytime, in the hereafter, anti islam will bite their fingers, maybe including you if you die in xtrianity

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rfid Now! Dire Warning By Susan And Sabrina.rfid Now! Dire Warning By Susan An / Are There People In This Forum Who Are Seeing Last Days Prophesy Getting Fulfill / "How Transparent Should Church Finances Be?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.