Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,432 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA (1993 Views)

Notorious Pickpockets Meet Their Waterloo At The Hands Of Pupils In Lagos.Photos / Mechanics Manhandle Pickpockets At Idemili, Anambra (Pics, Disturbing Video) / RRS Arrests Chairman Of Pickpockets In Oshodi, 21 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by Marinza(m): 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
So I see them in movies, they bump into you and remove things from your pocket and I am like haba film trick. Till this said film trick happened to me..not once self but twice, and both happened January this year.

I know about the usual in Nigeria, bag snatching, ATM spot robbery and so on but never did I know we had extremely professional pick pockets, and sadly it happened to me in one of my comfort zones..

Like i have been going to ikeja for half of my life. I just assumed I knew all the scopes.

Anyway on the first occasion I was headed from work and passed through ikeja all dressed up with my phone in my pocket. I was using a Tecno C8 and if you know the phone you will know like all most androids isn't exactly small, so it was visible cos I had a tight pencil trouser on.

I was walking on my own jeje when I saw this suspicious guy heading toward me saying ahh my guy how far.. Like i was even at alert I didn't even know this dude and he started famzing me lifting my legs playfully saying long time and all....

Well I am not exactly an aje butter but I seem to give that vibe.. I didn't even know how to react, all I was like was guy free me joor trying to push this strong dude off me..

Annoying part was that passers by just assumed we were friends playing with each other.
So as he was using one hand to lift one of my legs playfully, my right leg of it recall, I felt my phone coming out of my pocket from my left side..

I just said said thief loudly before the guy left me and just mingled with the crowd. That was how that ended.

The next time it happened, I was going to change the screen of my Aunt's phone Yes stupidly the phone was in my pocket again since I knew the scope na..

I wore a tight trouser and was on the lockout for any idiot that was gonna come hail me...

There at one corner I saw this guy tying his shoe lace, he probably sighted me from afar with my jjc looking vibe and when I got close to him he bumped me on the shoulder, as I was recovering my phone was coming out of my pocket..

Luckily again I was quick to notice and just shout guy how far na.. I never seem to know the right words to say.

The guy just said sorry and mixed with the crowd quickly. The painful thing about these scenerios were, if I was even to try to fight.. These guys could take me in seconds, so how does one even protect himself?

So for people who have no strength to fight like me I came up with a few options especially when passing through that rowdy computer village.

First hold ur phone on your hand tightly biko before one fast guy will grip it and run.

Secondly if anyone should call u, don't even answer just walk fast.

Thirdly if someone tries to famz you suspiciously just start shouting. Seems they all hate attention.

Fourthly if you must put the phone in your pocket. Just make sure you wear a tight trouser so u can feel it if someone is trying to take your phone away.

Lastly carry a backpack (school bag) and put all valuables in them.. And wear it.

Finally if all else fails just leave your big phone at home and take Nokia torch light when going into rowdy places especially that computer village or better still go learn boxing so u can bash someone's face in when he tries taking your stuff.

Source -http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/general/15851-pickpockets-in-ikeja-and-how-to-evade-them

This topic piqued my interest because same thing happened to a friend of mine. Someone came and pointed to something at his shoe and as he was busy cleaning it, they moved his phone from his pocket. They keep coming up with new ways.
Anyone had a similar experience?

2 Likes

Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by easrael(f): 10:48am On Mar 17, 2016
Marinza:
So I see them in movies, they bump into you and remove things from your pocket and I am like haba film trick. Till this said film trick happened to me..not once self but twice, and both happened January this year.

I know about the usual in Nigeria, bag snatching, ATM spot robbery and so on but never did I know we had extremely professional pick pockets, and sadly it happened to me in one of my comfort zones..

Like i have been going to ikeja for half of my life. I just assumed I knew all the scopes.

Anyway on the first occasion I was headed from work and passed through ikeja all dressed up with my phone in my pocket. I was using a Tecno C8 and if you know the phone you will know like all most androids isn't exactly small, so it was visible cos I had a tight pencil trouser on.

I was walking on my own jeje when I saw this suspicious guy heading toward me saying ahh my guy how far.. Like i was even at alert I didn't even know this dude and he started famzing me lifting my legs playfully saying long time and all....

Well I am not exactly an aje butter but I seem to give that vibe.. I didn't even know how to react, all I was like was guy free me joor trying to push this strong dude off me..

Annoying part was that passers by just assumed we were friends playing with each other.
So as he was using one hand to lift one of my legs playfully, my right leg of it recall, I felt my phone coming out of my pocket from my left side..

I just said said thief loudly before the guy left me and just mingled with the crowd. That was how that ended.

The next time it happened, I was going to change the screen of my Aunt's phone Yes stupidly the phone was in my pocket again since I knew the scope na..

I wore a tight trouser and was on the lockout for any idiot that was gonna come hail me...

There at one corner I saw this guy tying his shoe lace, he probably sighted me from afar with my jjc looking vibe and when I got close to him he bumped me on the shoulder, as I was recovering my phone was coming out of my pocket..

Luckily again I was quick to notice and just shout guy how far na.. I never seem to know the right words to say.

The guy just said sorry and mixed with the crowd quickly. The painful thing about these scenerios were, if I was even to try to fight.. These guys could take me in seconds, so how does one even protect himself?

So for people who have no strength to fight like me I came up with a few options especially when passing through that rowdy computer village.

First hold ur phone on your hand tightly biko before one fast guy will grip it and run.

Secondly if anyone should call u, don't even answer just walk fast.

Thirdly if someone tries to famz you suspiciously just start shouting. Seems they all hate attention.

Fourthly if you must put the phone in your pocket. Just make sure you wear a tight trouser so u can feel it if someone is trying to take your phone away.

Lastly carry a backpack (school bag) and put all valuables in them.. And wear it.

Finally if all else fails just leave your big phone at home and take Nokia torch light when going into rowdy places especially that computer village or better still go learn boxing so u can bash someone's face in when he tries taking your stuff.

Source -http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/general/15851-pickpockets-in-ikeja-and-how-to-evade-them

This topic piqued my interest because same thing happened to a friend of mine. Someone came and pointed to something at his shoe and as he was busy cleaning it, they moved his phone from his pocket. They keep coming up with new ways.
Anyone had a similar experience?

I cannot believe stuffs like this still happens!

We should have learned na
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by daphid25(m): 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
If i own a phone like Phantom5 and it get stolen, i dey go meet herbalist.
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by Marinza(m): 12:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
daphid25:

Haha.... SMH
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by Chukky86: 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2016
You never meet professionals... you still dey feel your phone coming out of your pocket... If you meet them.. You no go even Feel anything At all... na learner them you get encounter with.
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by Marinza(m): 4:58pm On Mar 17, 2016
Chukky86:
You never meet professionals... you still dey feel your phone coming out of your pocket... If you meet them.. You no go even Feel anything At all... na learner them you get encounter with.

Ahahn will someone be so good and remove my phone from my tight trousers without me realizing? I know there are better ones sha
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by pcoolioz(m): 9:24am On Mar 19, 2016
walahi steal my phone na to naked swear for you. That thing can pain sha
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by oludare007: 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2016
BROS, NO BE TODAY

ANYWAYS, READ OR BUY BLOOD ON THE ALTAR

YOU CAN PURCHASE BLOOD ON THE ALTAR- THE FULL EDITED NOVEL AT THE STORES BELOW, for just $1 or 200 naira:

http://www.bookateria.net/books/blood-on-the-altar/

http://okadabooks.com/book/about/10844

READ FOR FREE, HERE
https://www.nairaland.com/2927809/read-free-blood-altar

also, join our free webinar and learn how to write fiction by liking this page

www.facebook.com/oludare007
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by Harlequin17: 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
Those guys are good sha, I wonder why I would enter that computer village when I don't need anything there
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by thatintrovert: 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
Are you sure they are not marking you sha
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by flexcity82: 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
when u are not dead, you wont feel a 5.5inch phone leaving your pocket? smh for you
Chukky86:
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by Marinza(m): 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
flexcity82:
when u are not dead, you wont feel a 5.5inch phone leaving your pocket? smh for you

LMAO same thing I wondered... Maybe except someone wears baggy sha
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by Royale001: 3:11am On Mar 26, 2016
So will tell u u are not wearin ur footwear well or say sumtin abt it just to pick sumtin in ur pocket. Once happened to me.
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by pcoolioz(m): 12:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
Royale001:
So will tell u u are not wearin ur footwear well or say sumtin abt it just to pick sumtin in ur pocket. Once happened to me.

I heard of this too..
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by Royale001: 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
pcoolioz:

I heard of this too..
I once fall a Victim later another guy want to use it for me befor he even got close I shun him immediately and he went back.
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by johnjameson: 10:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
daphid25:
Lol, if you can't enjoy it then nobody must enjoy your phone
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by daphid25(m): 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
johnjameson:
Lol, if you can't enjoy it then nobody must enjoy your phone
Exactly
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
God save us, happened to me once. I literally cried
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by Damiandark01: 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
grin it can pain
monsieurpaul:
God save us, happened to me once. I literally cried
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by creed266: 12:19am On Apr 04, 2016
All this guys that cannot be caught, and they picked where people gather the most with things that can easily be disposed
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by flexcity82: 5:55am On Apr 27, 2016
loool. Imagine somebody removing my new Boom J8 from my pocket and I will be oblivious to it. smh
Marinza:

LMAO same thing I wondered... Maybe except someone wears baggy sha
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by vickylincon(m): 9:46am On Apr 27, 2016
all of una saying it can't happen to me bla bla bla. stay there. this scenarios happened to me not once but twice. the first one was my fault though, I saw some guys playing tennis and as my favorite game, I joined... long story cut short, they picked my phone,ipod and available cash on me. the second one was familiarity. thank Gog today sha. we don pass that, just stay vigilant and don't blame people that fall prey
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by Marinza(m): 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
vickylincon:
all of una saying it can't happen to me bla bla bla. stay there. this scenarios happened to me not once but twice. the first one was my fault though, I saw some guys playing tennis and as my favorite game, I joined... long story cut short, they picked my phone,ipod and available cash on me. the second one was familiarity. thank Gog today sha. we don pass that, just stay vigilant and don't blame people that fall prey

Lol yours is more painful cos you put yourself in that position. Leave all those ones forming Shapiro. Na them pocket them de move pass
Re: PICKPOCKETS In Computer Village -IKEJA by vickylincon(m): 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
Marinza:

Lol yours is more painful cos you put yourself in that position. Leave all those ones forming Shapiro. Na them pocket them de move pass
Lol. I tell you

(1) (Reply)

Rapist Burnt To Death In Ughelli Market Delta State (photos) / Jungle Justice — An Evil We Should Abolish / Video Of Ritualist Dungeon Was Discovered At Ajala Bustop Ijaiye Alagbado Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.