Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

What's The Best Internet Connection: Gsm, Grps, Wifi, Adsl, ? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What's The Best Internet Connection: Gsm, Grps, Wifi, Adsl, ? (1263 Views)

Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? / Is Swift 4g The Best Internet In Lagos / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Internet Connection: Gsm, Grps, Wifi, Adsl, ? by Wayan(m): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
So I see all this talk about different connectivity options in Nigeria, from GSM, GRPS, WiFi, to ADSL, and many promise high speeds. But the last time I wandered across Nigeria, I got 28K at most hotels and 56K only once - when at the headquarters of an ISP.

So what are real connection speeds? And what's the best method to obtain those speeds?

Also, a related question. I'm coming back to Nigeria for work the first week in August. What's the best choice for someone only in Abuja for 10 days? Oh and I work for a poor NGO, so no high-dollar options - I can't afford them.
Re: What's The Best Internet Connection: Gsm, Grps, Wifi, Adsl, ? by brianromel(m): 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2009
Go for multilinks telco,the 3g range.
Re: What's The Best Internet Connection: Gsm, Grps, Wifi, Adsl, ? by Wayan(m): 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2009
Is multilinks to best way to get Internet in general, or just for my trip?
Re: What's The Best Internet Connection: Gsm, Grps, Wifi, Adsl, ? by init4dmoni(m): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2009
multilinks is way to expensive, their 30 days 24hrs plan is 21,000 but it's fast and there's no limit
mtn is the best way to go, they have the best speeds(200KB+ in a good location)but they have 3GB "fair usage policy" but i think that should be ok for ten days, their
another option is starcomms, don't know about their service, infact jst go to their website www.starcomms.com
http://mtnonline.com/data/infopack.aspx
www.multilinks.com
Re: What's The Best Internet Connection: Gsm, Grps, Wifi, Adsl, ? by Wayan(m): 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2009
Odd - I get email notifications that people ave replied to this post, but I don't see any replies so far. Any way to fix this?

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Ways To Extend Your Laptop’s Battery Life And 25 K New Lapi / Acer V5 2gb Nvidia Graphic / Uk Arrival!!lenovo Thinkpad X220 12" Core I5 4gb Ram 320gb Hdd 5hrs Ba3 Life~40k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.