Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions (29361 Views)

MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC / SHOCKING: Nigerian Govt Sidelines NCC, Strikes Secret Deal With MTN. / Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by olillywales(m): 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mr Tony Ojobo, the Director, Public Affairs, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), said on Wednesday that the commission had lifted the sanction placed on MTN Nigeria since July 13, 2015.

Ojobo said in a statement that the regulatory sanctions were for 24 identified infractions.

It said that the lifting of the regulatory sanction was in no way related to the Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) card non-deactivation fine.

“This is to confirm that NCC has lifted the regulatory sanctions placed on MTN since July 13, 2015.

“The sanctions were for 24 identified infractions which are not in any way connected with the SIM card non-deactivation fine.

“These were a number of violations discovered by the Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Team of the commission in June 2015.

“Consequent upon the inability of MTN to remedy the identified infractions, the commission invoked the sanction in its guidelines,’’ the statement quoted Ojobo as saying.

It said that the sanction meant the denial of regulatory services to the telecommunications company for failing to remedy the infractions in line with NCC’s regulations.

According to the statement, consequent upon the remediation of the 24 infractions by MTN, the regulatory body’s letter of March 14, 2016, informed the company of its decision to lift the regulatory sanction.

“It should be noted that this does not in any way extend to the fine for non-deactivation of SIM card case.

“The case of SIM card deactivation is an entirely different infraction, which is mutually exclusive to the 24 infractions now remedied.

“This has become necessary in view of the many enquiries being received from concerned stakeholders.
“This action is without prejudice to the matter which is presently in court. Please be guided accordingly,’’ it quoted Ojobo as saying.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/ncc-forgives-mtn-lifts-sanctions.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by ThankGodEdeh(m): 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
Indecisive Government

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Standing5(m): 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
You mean no more pay?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by SeverusSnape(m): 8:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
Toothless people.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Monimatic(m): 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
Buhari is a coward

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Tunami(m): 8:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
jonsing govt.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by thesicilian: 8:26pm On Mar 16, 2016
What are these so called 24 infractions and the corresponding regulatory sanctions? I was expecting Metronaija to refresh our memory on that

8 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by osesology(m): 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
a
Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Ogbuefi2020: 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
Nobody is afraid of President Buhari contrary to what the zombies think

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by NextGovernor(m): 8:30pm On Mar 16, 2016
Buhari fans last year to Feb: MTN must pay this fine because Buhari isn't taking any nonsense from anybody. New sheriff in town.

Buhari fans after hearing this news: We told you, Buhari is such an understanding man who wants the relationship of both Nigeria and South Africa.

If they eventually deny this as usual Buhari fans will be like: Wailers and IPOB always spreading nonsense and trying to blackmail this government. MTN must pay because they aren't bigger than Nigeria.

What's the way forward for Buhari supporters?

173 Likes 19 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by fistonati(m): 9:03pm On Mar 16, 2016
This shows how weak this government is, yet it claimed to be the Goliath of governance.
Barrister Shittu is advised to resign for lack of recognitions by this govt

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by antispexish(m): 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2016
Can't you guys read that the lifting does not relate to the fine imposed on MTN for the sim registration stuff. why blame the government again for lifting sanctions when MTN has retified the reasons for the sanctions

169 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2016

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Leobrain(m): 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2016
I'll advice those above me to re-read the topic again, so as to understand better.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by fulfillbill(m): 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
the smart ones yaf collect blibe

3 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by swtdrms(m): 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
Look @the leaders of tomorrow oooo, lazy fellows everywhere. To read na wahala, wen dem read sef, comprehension dem no go comprehend. My country Naija, don't let me lose hope in you for accommodating lots of empty headed talkatives.

Clearly stated on two separate paragraphs that the lifting of the 24 sanctions is not in anyway related to the sim registration fine. Abi make i read am for una in ur local dialects ni?

169 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by rusher14: 10:44pm On Mar 16, 2016
English
“It should be noted that this does not in any way extend to the fine for non-deactivation of SIM card case.

“The case of SIM card deactivation is an entirely different infraction, which is mutually exclusive to the 24 infractions now remedied.

Pidgin

Make u know say dis one and the one for Deve no be d same o.

D one wey be SIM card matter no follow join for this one. E no relate at all at all. But D one of 24 fracture dem don manage am and gofament don say no lele.

216 Likes 27 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by jmichlins(m): 11:06pm On Mar 16, 2016
Why is it so difficult for the youths to read or have they forgotten that readers are leaders. They said it time and again that the sanctions are in no way related to sim registration issues yet some people were unable to read and understand that

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by flokii: 11:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
I no talk am here bfor?

evrything is politics.. only d smart ones will understand

1 Like

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by lekjons(m): 11:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
swtdrms:
Look @the leaders of tomorrow oooo, lazy fellows everywhere. To read na wahala, wen dem read sef, comprehension dem no go comprehend. My country Naija, don't let me lose hope in you for accommodating lots of empty headed talkatives.

Clearly stated on two separate paragraphs that the lifting of the 24 sanctions is not in anyway related to the sim registration fine. Abi make i read am for una in ur local dialects ni?
Some people can be so annoying!

21 Likes

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by mumumugu(m): 12:22am On Mar 17, 2016
Few days after presidential visit from Zuma..,did money exchange hand
Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by dan9ice(m): 1:44am On Mar 17, 2016
Mtn no they forgive person even when they'll deduct your own voucher involuntarily.. That grammar correct [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Ryabcool(m): 5:40am On Mar 17, 2016
ThankGodEdeh:
Indecisive Government
Standing5:
You mean no more pay?
SeverusSnape:
Toothless people.
Monimatic:
Buhari is a coward
Tunami:
jonsing govt.
NextGovernor:
Buhari fans last year to Feb: MTN must pay this fine because Buhari isn't taking any nonsense from anybody. New sheriff in town.
Buhari fans after hearing this news: We told you, Buhari is such an understanding man who wants the relationship of both Nigeria and South Africa.
If they eventually deny this as usual Buhari fans will be like: Wailers and IPOB always spreading nonsense and trying to blackmail this government. MTN must pay because they aren't bigger than Nigeria.
fistonati:
This shows how weak this government is, yet it claimed to be the Goliath of governance.
Barrister Shittu is advised to resign for lack of recognitions by this govt
read, una no gree. See them. Typical la cram la pour for school. As una take pass waec English comprehension passage, I no know.

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by OCTAVO: 6:26am On Mar 17, 2016
Ok o.
Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by boboLIL(m): 6:32am On Mar 17, 2016
Powerless organisation
Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by boboLIL(m): 6:33am On Mar 17, 2016
Ryabcool:
read, una no gree. See them. Typical la cram la pour for school. As una take pass waec English comprehension passage, I no know.
chinua achebe...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Ryabcool(m): 8:33am On Mar 17, 2016
boboLIL:
chinua achebe...
what in God's name are you saying?

1 Like

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by walex2(m): 8:50am On Mar 17, 2016
NextGovernor:

did you read the article? They will still pay the fine

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by damesilver(m): 9:16am On Mar 17, 2016
Ryabcool:

Is it craving for 'likes' that motivates them?
Many are only interested in savoring the illusory pleasure that comes with the e-recognition. The game is how fast you can be. No more depth of understanding which is usually followed by critical analysis and sound contribution.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions by Sijo01(f): 9:22am On Mar 17, 2016
greenhulk:
When I said in one of my posts that MTN will not pay sh°t people said I was stup1d. The fine was ridiculous in the first place , very unrealistic.

Indeed you are! The post is not that long. Please read it.

58 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gionee M5 , The Experience So Far / Tecno Phone With 18 Karat Gold Cover. See Reactions (Photos) / Updated April 11 2020 Zeus Addons- Watch Supersport Channels On Koditv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.