Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Wants To Connect To A Locally Hosted Website From Another Computer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Wants To Connect To A Locally Hosted Website From Another Computer (1234 Views)

Create Your Website From Scratch Here! (tutorials) / GURUS! I Need Urgent Help With Using Php To Connect To Xampp Mysql / Problem Trying To Connect To My Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wants To Connect To A Locally Hosted Website From Another Computer by majinice07: 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hey guys, I need help on how to connect to my website that I hosted locally on Xammp server on my computer system from another computers browser.

please help, suggestions are welcome.
Re: Wants To Connect To A Locally Hosted Website From Another Computer by blenyo11(m): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
The two computers has to be connected over LAN and you should be able to ping one from the other using the name or an assigned IP
If the above conditions are met then typing the same IP in the browser should take u to the site
Re: Wants To Connect To A Locally Hosted Website From Another Computer by seunoni34(m): 6:14pm On Mar 17, 2016
Create an hotspot on your Android phone and connect both computers to the hotspot, go to yout command prompt and type ipconfig. Copy the ip and put in your browser. It should show you your localhost

1 Like

Re: Wants To Connect To A Locally Hosted Website From Another Computer by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 18, 2016
A technical and more beneficial way to do this is by:

Updating your Vhost file in C:/windows and add the localhost address and port plus the desired website name you want your locally hosted website to have, so you can type in the website name in your browser's address box instead of the IP. You'd also need to do some configuration on your Router, make sure you're using a static IP address, not a dynamic one. This is called port forwarding..it's a bit technical, if you would prefer this method but don't understand what I said earlier, just comment and I will post a detailed tutorial about it.

Basically what this method will grant you is the ability to view your website from any place or country, not only the LAN which is a great way to allow clients preview their website from your computer before going live.

[b]A technical and more beneficial way to do this is by:

Updating your Vhost file in C:/windows and add the localhost address and port plus the desired website name you want your locally hosted website to have, so you can type in the website name in your browser's address box instead of the IP. You'd also need to do some configuration on your Router, make sure you're using a static IP address, not a dynamic one. This is called port forwarding..it's a bit technical, if you would prefer this method but don't understand what I said earlier, just comment and I will post a detailed tutorial about it.

Basically what this method will grant you is the ability to view your website from any place or country, not only the LAN which is a great way to allow clients preview their website from your computer before going live.

[/b]A technical and more beneficial way to do this is by:

Modified:

I won't go through the tutorial because there's a tut similar to what I want to teach you on sitepoint, here's the link: www.sitepoint.com/accessing-localhost-from-anywhere/

(1) (Reply)

Malware Development / Software / Reverse Engineers Whatsapp Group / How Do I Build An E-commerce Website Like Jumia, Konga / Help Me Solve This AJAX Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.