Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

In Your Hands.... - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / In Your Hands.... (836 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Your Hands.... by joseph1832(m): 5:17pm On Mar 17, 2016
My heart resides in your soft hand.
Please, handle it with love and care.
Wrap its veins in fantasyland.
My heart resides in your soft hand.
Don't put my heart in a wasteland;
Keep it, its yours, let others stare...
My heart, resides in your soft hand,
Please, handle it with love and care.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Your Hands.... by joseph1832(m): 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
ANALYSIS OF THE POEM.

PLOT OF THE POEM: The poem begins with "my heart, resides in your heart" where the heart is used as a symbol to represent love and care.

The poem generally involves an individual telling his beloved that she is the centre of his universe, that she should not wreck that universe but hold and tender to it with rapt care, joy and attention.

STRUCTURE OF THE POEM: The poem is a Triolet poem. The form consist of only 8 lines, where the 1st, 2nd 4th, 7th and 8th lines are repeated in the poem.

The poem also has a rhyme scheme of ABaAabAB. This particular Triolet poem consist of 8 syllables in each line, written in iambic tetrameter.

POETIC DEVICE(S)

Repetition: This device is used in lines 1, 2, 4, 7 and 8 in the poem.

Anaphora: This device is used in lines 1, 2, 4, 7 and 8. "My heart" and "Please".

Epiphora: This device is used in lines 1, 4 and 7 and lines 2 and 8. "Hand" and "Care".

End-Stopped Line: This is used throughout the poem as every end line ends with a punctuation mark.

Hyperbole: This is used in line 1 of the poem. "My heart resides in your soft hand".

Symbolism: The word "Heart," is used as a symbol, to represent, love, joy, hope and happiness.

Ellipsis: Used at the end of line 6 of the poem "..."

Metaphor: This device is used in line 3 of the poem "warp its veins in fantasyland".

THEME:

Love.
Hope.
Re: In Your Hands.... by texanomaly(f): 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2016
I love this poem! Good job. Very nice.

2 Likes

Re: In Your Hands.... by joseph1832(m): 7:49am On Mar 18, 2016
texanomaly:
I love this poem! Good job. Very nice.
Thanks a lot Tex.
Re: In Your Hands.... by llaykorn: 9:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
God! Joseph, you still write.
Re: In Your Hands.... by joseph1832(m): 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
llaykorn:
Fortunately, I still do. What else is there to do aside flirting?... grin
Re: In Your Hands.... by uncjay(m): 11:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
good piece, amazing analysis. you're good sir.
Re: In Your Hands.... by llaykorn: 8:10am On Mar 20, 2016
joseph1832:
Fortunately, I still do. What else is there to do aside flirting?... grin
It's killing me. It's very ironical - I remember telling someone that a schedule can't take the pen from one if they love poetry well enough. Lol
Re: In Your Hands.... by joseph1832(m): 10:15am On Mar 20, 2016
llaykorn:
It's killing me. It's very ironical - I remember telling someone that a schedule can't take the pen from one if they love poetry well enough. Lol
LOL. And right you are my good man. But please don't kill yourself eh, we would miss you too much. grin

Beside, where tha heck have you been?
Re: In Your Hands.... by joseph1832(m): 10:43am On Mar 20, 2016
uncjay:
good piece, amazing analysis. you're good sir.
Thanks.
Re: In Your Hands.... by texanomaly(f): 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2016
llaykorn:

Where have you been?

(1) (Reply)

The Edge Fades Now / If It's You I Dream Of / D Cop And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.