Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. (4034 Views)

Woman Tries To Board Plane With Her Peacock But Gets Denied (photos/video) / Nigerian Man Hospitalized In US After Entering Plane For First Time & Was Tied / Passengers Rush To Board An Over-booked Arik Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ladies and gents, you all know that there is always a first time for everything, so how do you all felt when you entered a plane for the first time, share your experiences. Well mine was 10 years ago, thought still young but i remembered getting excited that i was about to board a plane, actually it was my uncle that was taking me from benin to Abuja to spend the holidays. After all the normal procedure at the airport, me as a novice i jeje followed my uncle at the back, and we both booked a seat close to each other, what started as an excitement turned to embarrasment and nightmare, when it was announced to put on our seat belt, i looked at the seat belt and look at my uncle again, i was just a dundee, i could not put it on and two women noticed me nd started smilling. D nightmare was after the plane took off, severaltimes D plane will make certain noise mid air, i was just praying 2 GOD 4 save landing, i nearly fainted, my heart was just beating fast nd asking GOD 4 forgiveness of sin. CC"lalasticlala.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Cutehector(m): 5:20pm On Mar 17, 2016
Slam dunk win a trip to USA.. who sees d advert below? wink
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by IamChiboi(m): 5:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
Scary Stuff
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 17, 2016
IamChiboi:
Scary Stuff
mind u share urs.
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Kingsasian(m): 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
LORDSAMURAI:
Ladies and gents, you all know that there is always a first time for everything, so how do you all felt when you entered a plane for the first time, share your experiences. Well mine was 10 years ago, thought still young but i remembered getting excited that i was about to board a plane, actually it was my uncle that was taking me from benin to Abuja to spend the holidays. After all the normal procedure at the airport, me as a novice i jeje followed my uncle at the back, and we both booked a seat close to each other, what started as an excitement turned to embarrasment and nightmare, when it was announced to put on our seat belt, i looked at the seat belt and look at my uncle again, i was just a dundee, i could not put it on and two women noticed me nd started smilling. D nightmare was after the plane took off, severaltimes D plane will make certain noise mid air, i was just praying 2 GOD 4 save landing, i nearly fainted, my heart was just beating fast nd asking GOD 4 forgiveness of sin. CC"lalasticlala.
so scary
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
Kingsasian:
so scary
bro i was restless
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Rooneyboy(m): 5:37pm On Mar 17, 2016
was a complete novice but acted like someone that knew it all .

when it was time to put on my seat belt, omo , i nearly bleeped up there,

looked at the babe seated close to me with style on how she did hers and

did same but my belt wouldn't just cooperate, i kept on fiddling with it

not until the babe close to me offered to help out , which she did ''with ease'.

FINALLY, mid way through our journey , babe knew that the nigga was a first timer.

In the end , it was fun.
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by firstking01(m): 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
Still hoping to travel on air one day
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by firstking01(m): 5:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
Still hoping to travel on air one day....
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by postmann: 10:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
LORDSAMURAI:
w.oya lalasti.clala,domini.que,obinosc.opy,bum.bae,kingtom,stfuareyo.ugod,cherlene,postm.ann,angelberry,estharfabian,agarawu23,darkene.drebel,sin.aj,myn.d44 food has come.

grin
What's cooking, LORDSAMURAI?

**modified***

Oh, I see. About the first time experience boarding a plane.
Hmmm! Some guys may misconstrue this as trying to show off or something. But for me it's a 30mins journey at 3500 feet. It was from PH to Bonny.

I had been avoiding air flight all the while. I would always book by boat because I had serious air phobia then.

But one day, my colleague booked me on flight without my knowledge. And I couldn't go by boat as a result.

It was a small craft with double engines, with about 23 people as maximum capacity.
The pilot was something of a Lebanese origin, the co-pilot was a Nigerian.
Under each seat was a life vest cos we would fly over a river. We were told how to wear it if needed.

They introduced themselves and bang!!! We were ready to roll.

Well, I was far from comfortable but I had to maintain a calm composure. There was no way I was going to betray my inexperience as a first timer.

I sat by the window. And as soon as the plane left the ground, I felt like my life wasn't my own. Like it was in the custody of the pilot.

I kept my eyes away from looking at the window. And there was some unexplained turbulent swerve the plane made while mid air and I almost let out a loud yell grin.

It was only a 30mins ride at 3500ft, but it was a first. A very uncomfortable one.

4 Likes

Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Exorcist56789(m): 2:26am On Mar 18, 2016
Me experience? Oh well, It started with sitting down & fastening my seat belt while looking & attempting a conversation with the lass beside me when IT happened. The moment the plane left the ground was the day I turned to a mute kid trying to use hand signs to ask for help (exaggerated) but that wasn't even the worst part because I have seen SO many movies & once turbulence occurs, you know shii bout to go down! So when turbulence began, I quietly gave my life to Christ & repented but yeah, it was easy (sarcasm)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by klexycole(m): 4:25am On Mar 18, 2016
grin grin grin
Exorcist56789:
Me experience? Oh well, It started with sitting down & fastening my seat belt while looking & attempting a conversation with the lass beside me when IT happened. The moment the plane left the ground was the day I turned to a mute kid trying to use hand signs to ask for help (exaggerated) but that wasn't even the worst part because I have seen SO many movies & once turbulence occurs, you know shii bout to go down! So when turbulence began, I quietly gave my life to Christ & repented but yeah, it was easy (sarcasm)
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Sammiel: 4:39pm On Mar 18, 2016
#
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
cc:dominique,dominique,dominique,dominique wat happened since yesterday?
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Boeing777pilot: 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
Since I decided I was going to make the sky my office at an early age, The first time was fun. Didnt really have any issues.
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by XD3G: 1:21pm On Mar 19, 2016
According to my mum,the first time was a nightmare for myself and her,as it took over 10mins and about 5 Airport officials to cajole me into going into the 'big bird'.

Years later when I boarded solo,it was still a nightmare. A 6-hour flight,filled with so many surprises,upsets and all that. From asking the hostesses if there was a pill I could use to cure my Barotrauma,to trying so hard not to hit the seat in front with my knees,nor the lady beside me with my elbow,trying hard not to look outside of the window,and a whole lot more!
Easily,that was one of the longest,most torturous 6hours of my life!
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Atmmachine(m): 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2016
The worst experience.
I traveled to the USA in 2003 and since then i vowed never to enter an airplane again in my life.

When taking off, i became sick and threw up, i got the worst experience when the plane was landing, i died and woke up

I only travel on trains, thank God the railways in the USA travels to every state

1 Like

Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by sholay2011(m): 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
My first time was last year September. I was so eager to board a plane for the first time. grin Due to some visa stamping issues that the airport officials couldn't understand, I was delayed for a while and then it was sorted out eventually. My economy class ticket was upgraded to business class. wink

I enjoyed the flight to Frankfurt. I tried to learn as fast as possible from the man seated beside me so he wouldn't know it was my first time. Haha...he eventually knew...lol. I easily fastened my seat belts oh...but I was pressed and wanted to unfasten it...na there problem come start. I eventually figured it out.

I had read a lot about people's 'first time" and so, the landing thing didn't worry me that much. Though, my mind kept flashing back to all the plane crash news I had read or heard prior then. sad

And then, I started to get bored of the flying thingy when I had to wait at Frankfurt for my next flight! angry I had 2 connecting flights. Oh boy...I was so tired by the time I reached my final destination.

I am eager to come home as soon as possible but I don't want to experience the plane thingy again. In fact, if I could just disappear and appear in Nigeria, I would be glad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by iweadebash(m): 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hmnn...one day I'm gonna share my flight experience too! Would prefer it to be international one sha.

5 Likes

Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Ademat7(m): 5:23am On Apr 25, 2016
iweadebash:
Hmnn...one day I'm gonna share my flight experience too! Would prefer it to be international one sha.
start somewhere!
Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by Olanireti(m): 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
I had my experience today. I didn't want to Bleep up as a first timer so I had read a lot about the seat belt. I was so anxious to board. I finally did, located my seat but didn't know how to identify mine. My seat was 16D, there was 16DEF together, i didn't know either it would be read as DEF or FED. But because I wanted to be seeing outside, na so I sat beside the window, tighten up d belt as ve read. Unfortunately for me, a man came telling me that was his seat, chai, remain how to unbuckle the belt. Na so I dey fiddle with it. The man later helped me. He knew i was a first timer. I just jejely stood up sat for my seat. I don learn sha. It was interesting and wonderful experience. May it never be my last.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HOW Does It Feel To Board A Plane For The First Time. Share Your Experience. by sticalmary: 6:29am On Oct 13, 2017

(1) (Reply)

West And Nourth African Countries / 11 Most Introverted Countries In The World / Aviation Industry Records 4.1bn Passenger Traffic In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.