Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,212 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:43 AM

What If The Bible Is A Lie? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Bible Is A Lie? (20804 Views)

If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? / According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? / King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
ApostleT:
@OP is living in fantasy. Stalin had such thoughts, banished christianity from Russia.
Christianity will banish itself from Africa.. Only a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 9:52pm On Apr 13, 2016
lilliesboy:

Over 80% of those (White) inventors NEVER believed in your bloody jesus or CRAZEtianity, so stop tagging them as people who had their "high IQ" from your doG you call goD. Most of those scientists/inventors were persecuted/criticized by same CRAZEtians. And how were the Yisraelis conquered and enslaved/colonized by the Babylonians, Romans etc, if their god (yahweh) was so powerful? How did the Boko Haram et al bomb churches and kill many CRAZEtians if your god was so powerful? You sound so dumb, just like your god.

a lot of people like U, who have issues with
anything that makes them feel intellectually
inadequate have concocted a seemingly very
convincing narrative through relying on
incorrect and outdated models of physics,
misquoting actual data, and just making stuff
up. Their narrative relies on the fact that
most people would sooner believe lazy
pseudoscience that makes them feel smart
and reinforces the narrative that mediocrity
is enough to accomplish anything than go to
people who are much, much smarter than
they are to learn the truth. It's a truth that
hits you in the face with how little they know
and the staggering amount of effort and
work it takes by thousands of highly educated

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 9:57pm On Apr 13, 2016
lilliesboy:

Over 80% of those (White) inventors NEVER believed in your bloody jesus or CRAZEtianity, so stop tagging them as people who had their "high IQ" from your doG you call goD. Most of those scientists/inventors were persecuted/criticized by same CRAZEtians. And how were the Yisraelis conquered and enslaved/colonized by the Babylonians, Romans etc, if their god (yahweh) was so powerful? How did the Boko Haram et al bomb churches and kill many CRAZEtians if your god was so powerful? You sound so dumb, just like your god.

slowpoke U make senseless argument.
the fall of israel was prophised by God 250yrs before it happened.

Secondly follow the link and check some of the greatest scientist who were christain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
DrDxtrz:

Well i have to say this is a well researched post and a really compelling delivery.. am still a little skeptical about the statistics, because i still believe the existence of a god and boomerang have actually kept some people in check, at least i have some theist friends who won't entertain some supposed sins (which are crimes in our world) because of their beliefs, maybe not all, but to a greater degree, I feel if its a free for all, it'd be more chaotic then it already is.
But hey, a little more study on this and an on ground practical citations (largely atheist and theist societies crime comparative) and i might segue, because my inclination has shifted a little to your side.
at least i have some theist friends who won't entertain some supposed sins (which are crimes in our world) because of their beliefs
What makes you so certain their intolerance for certain actions comes solely from their beliefs, and not elsewhere? It is very typical for people to misattribute the causes of their behavior, to factors other than the actual primary causes. That is especially so in the case of religion, which relies on self-fulfilling biases - "I don't steal because the grace of god is with me" could in reality be, "I don't steal because my society would punish me/I wouldn't want to be stolen from so I don't do it to others/My parents taught me it was wrong/I have no need to/etc". But the attribution is given to God because the person has been taught that good behavior can only come from God.

Contrary to what religions promote & what many religious people believe (imo, to the disservice of their own potential to simply be good human beings), going from belief in deities to nonbelief in deities does not turn people into raging kleptomaniacs and killers. That didn't happen to me, hasn't happened to any of the Ex-Christians I know, and, as I mentioned, isn't happening in the developed countries where religion is on a steady decline. In fact, the exact opposite is happening.

I feel if its a free for all, it'd be more chaotic then it already is.
Why would things need to turn into a free for all in the absense of religion? There is still government. There is still the basic, universal need to maintain a functioning and harmonious society. And seeing/imagining the effects of your behaviors on the people directly around you in the society you live in, might be a far more motivating force to act civilly than the idea that someone invisible is watching you from above and will punish you after you die. The former has a more immediate and tangible reinforcement, which, according to the research, may very well be more effective.

But hey, a little more study on this and an on ground practical citations (largely atheist and theist societies crime comparative) and i might segue, because my inclination has shifted a little to your side.
This graph from the United Nations Office of Drugs & Crime shows the relation between crime rate and public acceptence of evolution (which typically indicates lower amounts of fundamentalist religious belief).

This article on Psychology Today summarizes a research paper that found the following:
"Citing four different studies, Zuckerman states: "Murder rates are actually lower in more secular nations and higher in more religious nations where belief in God is widespread." He also states: "Of the top 50 safest cities in the world, nearly all are in relatively non-religious countries."

Within the United States, we see the same pattern. Citing census data, he writes: "And within America, the states with the highest murder rates tend to be the highly religious, such as Louisiana and Alabama, but the states with the lowest murder rates tend to be the among the least religious in the country, such as Vermont and Oregon."

And these findings are not limited to murder rates, as rates of all violent crime tend to be higher in "religious" states."

I'm sure there is more research emerging on this topic, but from what's out there so far, the trend seems to be consistent. Even visiting the countries with higher secular populations could attest to it. Places like Japan, Iceland, China, etc are visibly more peaceful & harmoniously functioning despite their lack of religiosity.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 14, 2016
blueAgent:

anything that makes th..
Brother, try to credit your sources. And understand the arguments before you copy and paste.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 7:18am On Apr 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Brother, try to credit your sources. And understand the arguments before you copy and paste.

Lol..... Excuses that the only thing U people know .my source is certain like today is.

God has created and sustained the universe
with hundreds of billions of galaxies, each
consisting of hundreds of millions of stars.
Every movement of celestial bodies within
these galaxies adheres to the laws of physics
and chemistry. From the forces that bind
atomic nuclei to the principles that govern
these great star systems, God’s laws regulate
everything. From the fullness of the earth to
the vastness of space, from the breathtaking
beauty of the creation to the minds that can
comprehend it, all testify to God’s majesty
and boundless creative forethought.

The brilliant scientist Albert Einstein
observed the order, laws and forethought
that God put into His creation. While he
doubted the Bible’s authority, he was
convinced of the existence of a superior
intelligence at work in the universe. Einstein
believed there was a “god” who is revealed
in the order and harmony of what existed. He
was amazed at the harmony of natural laws,
which revealed an intelligence of such
superiority that the collective thinking of
human beings was utterly insignificant (from
Out of My Later Years , 1950).

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 7:23am On Apr 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Christianity will banish itself from Africa.. Only a matter of time.

Clown what did u acheive before the advent of christainity in Africa. i guess mud houses,no running water,seawage system,Education,Health care,ethnic killings.
Why do you hate christainity? why are u boarded about christanity but not African native religeons.aleast most people die in Nigeria by diabolical means than by churchs.

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 14, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
No rapture or end time. Africans are stuck in Africa forever. No white man coming from the sky to zap them to mansions in heaven.

Nigerian children will not be labelled as witches anymore. Pastors who label kids as evil and witches would be locked up in psychiatric hospitals.

Reedemed would be an engineering company with a motto to open a technical workshop every 5kms. More jobs, less prayer points

Go out with family on Sundays for strolls and enjoy nature. Less noise and traffic.

Village people would stop being blamed for every misfortune that happens to their family members.

Africans won't care about Adam and Eve, or Jerusalem and Mecca. Pilgrimage to Osun and Umudike would increase IGR.

Clearing up more ignorance like it's my duty. cry

Mr Chris...
So much ignorance.
Let me explain this one time. Every Nation has a Ruler/President. The US has one, Nigeria has one. The PRESIDENT is a title, not a Person. So when an American Citizen says 'My President', you don't think Buhari, you think Barrack Obama.

In same vein, every nation/tribe had their GOD (their creator, their source, their origin). These Gods were created in their images and spoke their language. Allah doesn't speak French, Yahweh doesn't speak Ijaw. Yawheh and Allah referred to the local Gods of a particular tribe.

Unlike the Yoruba,Igbo, Indian gods, the Abrahamic GODS(Allah and Yahweh) considered all other Gods evil. From David to Mohammed, these men conquered lands and people, destroying everything in their wake. You don't need to read the Old Testament, read your news. The evidence is still there in the Middle East.

Lucifer's demons have nothing whatsoever to do with the African gods. Lucifer is Yahweh is Lucifer.

What good thing did the African gods give us? Look at your delicacy and your local language. Maybe, your ancestors weren't so savage afterall. Your language is proof they could communicate. Your local delicacy is proof they were good farmers, and knew how to use basic cooking utensil. Did the white man teach us how to cook oha and periwinkle? Did they teach us to say "Bia" and "Ndo"? What about your traditional wears? Proof that there were tailors and we manufactured textiles too. We weren't naked and hopeless. Harmattan for don show us shege..

How about local medicines? The medicinal benefits of the kolanut? Our leaves and that nasty worm that grows on trees? Maybe we didn't have western medicine. But we had local healers who treated illnesses and sicknesses. If we didn't, we would all have been dead before they arrived our shores. grin..

Unfortunately, how you think is who you are. When they left pur lands, they left behind their minds, their history, their perception of us. They left their minds in our education system. And we never changed it. They left their Bible in our palms, while we gave our lives to Chris and swore by Allah. We took to calling their lands holy lands, travelling to Jerusalem and Mecca to see I remember as a kid rejecting the notion of having to eba with fork and spoon. Most of us have probably experienced that too. Yet, we believe a Jew who was killed over 2000 years ago by his kinsmen, was right about our gods, our history, our future.

Only fools doubt what has proves.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 9:10am On Apr 14, 2016
ApostleT:
@OP is living in fantasy. Stalin had such thoughts, banished christianity from Russia. It wasn't a pleasant outcome for the people. He killed more people than Hitler.

The idea that christianity is the cause of Nigeria's problem is laughable. It is more an anti-christ thinking than logic. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs as long as they don't force others to believe thesame.

True. this clowns are pathetic.
99% of Nigeria politicians are involued in Diabolism like the okija shrine incident. most of them are ritualists .so why are this clowns not blaming native doctors for assisting politicians in stealing nigeria's money. Low IQ is the problem of blacks. even blacks in atheist countries are still poor,backward,and less intelligent.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 9:12am On Apr 14, 2016
DrDxtrz:

Well i have to say this is a well researched post and a really compelling delivery.. am still a little skeptical about the statistics, because i still believe the existence of a god and boomerang have actually kept some people in check, at least i have some theist friends who won't entertain some supposed sins (which are crimes in our world) because of their beliefs, maybe not all, but to a greater degree, I feel if its a free for all, it'd be more chaotic then it already is.

Your atheists are into transgender,gayism,Sucide,Abortion,mass killing,Nudism,Drug addiction. e.t.c

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 9:13am On Apr 14, 2016
ApostleT:
@OP is living in fantasy. Stalin had such thoughts, banished christianity from Russia. It wasn't a pleasant outcome for the people. He killed more people than Hitler.

The idea that christianity is the cause of Nigeria's problem is laughable. It is more an anti-christ thinking than logic. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs as long as they don't force others to believe thesame.

99% of Nigeria politicians are involued in Diabolism like the okija shrine incident. most of them are ritualists .so why are this clowns not blaming native doctors for assisting politicians in stealing nigeria's money. Low IQ is the problem of blacks. even blacks in atheist countries are still poor,backward,and less intelligent.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
blueAgent:

WHY DONT THEY ALL WIN THE ELECTION NI
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
blueAgent:

Clown what did u acheive before the advent of christainity in Africa. i guess mud houses,no running water,seawage system,Education,Health care,ethnic killings.
Why do you hate christainity? why are u boarded about christanity but not African native religeons.aleast most people die in Nigeria by diabolical means than by churchs.
WHATS THIS ONE SAYING WHAT HAS RELIGION GOT TO DO WITH ADVANCEMENT OF THE NATION?? OR DONT U RELIGIOUS PEOPLE TAG TECHNOLOGY U DONT UNDERSTAND "DEMONIC" IF U ASK ME RELIGION IS WHAT IS HOLDING THE NATION FROM. DEVELOPING

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by MicKaro: 6:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
Religion was born when the first contact between a con man and a fool was established.

2 Likes

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
Lilbrown007:
WHATS THIS ONE SAYING WHAT HAS RELIGION GOT TO DO WITH ADVANCEMENT OF THE NATION?? OR DONT U RELIGIOUS PEOPLE TAG TECHNOLOGY U DONT UNDERSTAND "DEMONIC" IF U ASK ME RELIGION IS WHAT IS HOLDING THE NATION FROM. DEVELOPING

I laugh at U. how did religeon prevent us from developing?
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
Lilbrown007:

I should be asking U that.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
Lilbrown007:

I should be asking U that. African native religeon is our problem not christainity.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2016
blueAgent:

I laugh at U. how did religeon prevent us from developing?
ARE U BLIND IN DIDN'T U SEE WHAT I WROTE UP THERE
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 12:00am On Apr 17, 2016
Lilbrown007:

I did not see.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 4:34am On Apr 17, 2016
Lilbrown007:
You get time sha.
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by lilliesboy(m): 11:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
blueAgent:

anything that makes them feel intellectually
inadequate have concocted a seemingly very
convincing narrative through relying on
incorrect and outdated models of physics,
misquoting actual data, and just making stuff
up. Their narrative relies on the fact that
most people would sooner believe lazy
pseudoscience that makes them feel smart
and reinforces the narrative that mediocrity
is enough to accomplish anything than go to
people who are much, much smarter than
they are to learn the truth. It's a truth that
hits you in the face with how little they know
and the staggering amount of effort and
work it takes by thousands of highly educated
Too much copy-and-paste junk. I wonder where you got your own narratives from? The BuyBULL, I guess. You are always an imbec*le, just like your doG - goD.

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by lilliesboy(m): 12:05am On Apr 18, 2016
blueAgent:

slowpoke U make senseless argument.
the fall of israel was prophised by God 250yrs before it happened.

Secondly follow the link and check some of the greatest scientist who were christain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

Idi*t, where you there when your doG - goD, made the prophecy 250 years earlier? I guess, it also prophesied Boko Haram bombing CRAZEtians 280,000 years ago. When you dumb CRAZEtians (and Jews) lose and die in a war - it was god's prophecy; but when others lose - their god was powerless. Low animal!
And you copying-and-pasting list of Christian scientists from Wikipedia: who wrote it? Is it you that wrote it? So, you derive your stupid assumptions from low animals like yourself. # For your information, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Michael Faraday, Thomas Edison etc, are/were NON-Crazetians (i.e. atheists, deists, and agnostics) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_in_science_and_technology

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2016
lilliesboy:

Idi*t, where you there when your doG - goD, made the prophecy 250 years earlier? I guess, it also prophesied Boko Haram bombing CRAZEtians 280,000 years ago. When you dumb CRAZEtians (and Jews) lose and die in a war - it was god's prophecy; but when others lose - their god was powerless. Low animal!
And you copying-and-pasting list of Christian scientists from Wikipedia: who wrote it? Is it you that wrote it? So, you derive your stupid assumptions from low animals like yourself. # For your information, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Michael Faraday, Thomas Edison etc, are/were NON-Crazetians (i.e. atheists, deists, and agnostics) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_in_science_and_technology

U are a big Idiot. i can bet my money on how stupid U are.
all those people U mentioned are all known freemasons and Satanist. They all belong to Bohemian club. . becos they tell U they are athetist idiots like U accept.
why not do research of Occultism and celebrities.

U think proving that God does not exist makes U smart.i laugh it only shows how stupid and coward U are.
Most Satanist know that ,they are going to hell. and they admit it. but athiests like U will hide and try to disprove ,God's existence and hence Hell. becos U people are cowards.

Guy i have seen enough to know what is true and what is a lair.

facebook illuminati satanic mark zuckerberg
The new world or video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDW6Bk8gEg

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by cloudgoddess(f): 5:44am On Apr 19, 2016
blueAgent:

U are a big Idiot. i can bet my money on how stupid U are.
all those people U mentioned are all known freemasons and Satanist. They all belong to Bohemian club. . becos they tell U they are athetist idiots like U accept.
why not do research of Occultism and celebrities.

U think proving that God does not exist makes U smart.i laugh it only shows how stupid and coward U are.
Most Satanist know that ,they are going to hell. and they admit it. but athiests like U will hide and try to disprove ,God's existence and hence Hell. becos U people are cowards.

Guy i have seen enough to know what is true and what is a lair.

facebook illuminati satanic mark zuckerberg
The new world or video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDW6Bk8gEg
undecided Conspiracy theories? Really?

There's a reason that video has more dislikes than likes.

1 Like

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 6:24am On Apr 19, 2016
cloudgoddess:

The mass immigration to Europe and western countries is also conspiracy?
Even other programs like promotion of transgender,gayism,Sex,Incest, political correctness,ISIS. New World Order.
at least this ones are easily observable.

2 Likes

Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 6:55am On Apr 19, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Documented quotes by so called athetist World Leaders.
” In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 per day. ” – Jacques Cousteau “ Give me control of a nation’s money and I care not who makes it’s laws. ” – Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild ” No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a Luciferian Initiation. ” – David Spangler UN
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 6:58am On Apr 19, 2016
cloudgoddess:

“ It is not my intention to doubt that the doctrine of the Illuminati and the principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more satisfied of this fact than I am. ” – George washington
” Blinding ignorance does mislead us. Oh Wretched mortals, open your eyes! ” – Leonardo da Vinci
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by blueAgent(m): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2016
cloudgoddess:
High ranking 32nd and 33rd degree Freemasons are definitely members of the Illuminati. The truth is so bizarre that most people can't handle it. Joseph Smith (founder of the Mormons) and Charles Taze Russell (founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses) were both 33rd degree occult Freemasons. Ron Hubbard who founded Scientology was personal friends with renowned Satanist and 33rd degree Freemason, Aleister Crowley . There is a creepy occult connection between many religions today. Occult Connection Part 2. It just proves that all these religions are of the Devil. Biblical salvation is not found in any religion; but rather, in a Person—the Lord Jesus Christ. Religion didn't die on the cross for our sins, Jesus Christ did. Religion wants to fit us with glasses, but the Lord wants to open our eyes. In an interview with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren in September, 2009, former Congressman James Traficant
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 19, 2016
blueAgent:

” Blinding ignorance does mislead us. Oh Wretched mortals, open your eyes! ” – Leonardo da Vinci
Relevant quote.

lalasticlala seun, lipsrsealed
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by horlarwhalhe: 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
Please can someone explain this 2 Samuel 24 and 1 chronicles 21 (God and Satan)
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by RedHand: 9:01am On Jun 18, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Your post has more color than sense. I pity you. Honestly. cry
Lolzzz
Re: What If The Bible Is A Lie? by RedHand: 9:03am On Jun 18, 2016
darkenkach:
What if islam is the one true religion?
Islam is a Forgery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional / Re:The Only Saviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.