Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission (17634 Views)

My Grandmom Was Disowned For Marrying This Nigerian Man;English Man Reveals.PICS / I Was Punished, Ostracized For 20 Years For Marrying A White Lady: Aroms Aigbehi / Police Arrest Man For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Ohammadike: 10:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, has ordered the immediate release of Ugo Madugba.

Madugba was arrested by policemen attached to the Dolphin Police Division in Ikoyi for marrying his 28-year-old wife without the express approval of her parents.

Madugba’s wife, Nono Orji, who is a medical doctor, had said in a Facebook post on Thursday that her husband was arrested on the orders of her parents who have been against their marriage from day one.

She said, “The Nigerian Police in Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi just arrested an innocent 30-year-old man called Ugo Madugba for an offence of marriage. Marriage has become a crime in Nigeria according to Dolphin police station in Ikoyi. Mr Ugo got married to Dr Nono a 28 year old medical Doctor.

“Her father has been very distraught about it and has used the police to threaten the young couple to the extent of arresting all those who acted as witnesses to the marriage who are now in custody.”

However, following a report by The PUNCH, the police boss immediately ordered the release of the victim.

Madugba, who confirmed his release to our correspondent said, “I have been released and I am very grateful
http://www.punchng.com/41072-2/

1 Like

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by divinehand2003(m): 10:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sometimes, it's best to allow the girl or man to decide who to marry..
Dear parents, relax. I bet she/ he knows what is best for her/him

12 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Igobang: 10:50pm On Mar 17, 2016
I support the arrest. If the parents of the girl never cared for her, he will not find her fit to marry.

So Y show disrespect to her family and particularly her parents. Courtesy demands that u go for introduction and let the parents know who is marrying their daughter. WTF!

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Vicadonis(m): 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
good

1 Like

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by peacengine(m): 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2016
Why did he marry her against her parents wish? What if they decide to use spiritual means against him, it's too risky

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by henrydadon(m): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2016
k
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by omusiliyu(m): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2016
See the power of the media...

6 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 18, 2016
Mtcheeew.

The parents are jokers.
Some family are begging guys to collect without pay, they help u relieve u of heavy burden, you dey para

20 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 18, 2016
The man that was arrested didn't commit any crime.

3 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Smellymouth: 8:37am On Mar 18, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by kennyman2000(m): 8:37am On Mar 18, 2016
Thanks to the power of social media!

1 Like

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by dammytosh: 8:38am On Mar 18, 2016
divinehand2003:

Most times he / she does not.

but then ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by omusiliyu(m): 8:38am On Mar 18, 2016
Mr. Ugo is a sharp igbo man. He eloped her to avoid paying huge amount for her dowry.

You budget like #1M to marry ordinary Igbo Lady

You budget like #2M to marry Igbo Lady with first degree.

You budget like #3.6M to marry Igbo Lady with second degree.

....and over #6M for Igbo Lady with PhD or Medical doctor.

11 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by nbright: 8:38am On Mar 18, 2016
Nigerian police na big joke, imagine saying they believed the woman was hypnotized

2 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by masterblogger(m): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2016
Back to the matter. What the couple did was bad displeasing and disrespectful

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Izzy002(m): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2016
Issokay
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Ivegotsolutions(m): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2016
Igobang:
I support the arrest. If the parents of the girl never cared for her, he will not find her fit to marry.

So Y show disrespect to her family and particularly her parents. Courtesy demands that u go for introduction and let the parents know who is marrying their daughter. WTF!
So when the parents refuses the introduction rites and every effort for a peaceful get together, they should fold their hands and get old?

13 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by nbright: 8:42am On Mar 18, 2016
Igobang:

you know how most Igbo behaves, maybe the parent's have already collected money on her hand from someoneelse

2 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by meforyou1(m): 8:42am On Mar 18, 2016
When quarrel comes, I will see who the hopeless girl will run to

4 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by ichommy(m): 8:42am On Mar 18, 2016
Must parents approved wedding? Am sounding crazy abi? In this current age. I dont think anyone can chose or appoint wife, who to marry for me.

If the lady love him no wahala.

Vice-President Atiku married his first wife TiTi without her parent consent at Idi-Iroko Border.

We need to view this Wonderful planet with another Optical view at times.

6 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by texazzpete(m): 8:43am On Mar 18, 2016
Igobang:

Rubbish

The parents know him. They know who he is, where he works, etc. They had no interest in him coming for introduction.

They just didn't want to marry him for their own selfish reasons.

More importantly, the wife is an adult and she is - BY FAR - the most important stakeholder in making the decision on who to marry, not the parents.

The arrest was illegal and unconstitutional. Your support for it just shows your lack of education and/or wisdom.

33 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Timoleon(m): 8:43am On Mar 18, 2016
The girl in question is 28! not 18? not 8?

case closed! happy married life!

9 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Kutunban: 8:43am On Mar 18, 2016
OK

1 Like

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by luvbeloved(m): 8:43am On Mar 18, 2016
The girl is already a woman naa...so the case doesn't hold any water. 28 year old na serious adult be that o! Unlike guys from 'you know where' who kidnap teens to covert/marry

7 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by OlivetBen(m): 8:44am On Mar 18, 2016
divinehand2003:
Don't justify what is wrong b4 it happens to u. Imagine ur own daughtr in someones house without ur consent.

1 Like

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Freshboi: 8:47am On Mar 18, 2016
Igobang:

Do you know the Genesis of the story?
Ewu

2 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by dejavubobo1(m): 8:49am On Mar 18, 2016
Its not a police matter nah .. & Hope his bail was free ? tongue
Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by saintmark88(m): 8:49am On Mar 18, 2016
OlivetBen:

Don't justify what is wrong b4 it happens to u. Imagine ur own daughtr in someones house without ur consent.

What do u mean, they r married, legally.... Parents consent or not.. Wht the parents should do is accept the guy, they dnt av a choice, accept n support both of them or else they risk losing their daughter

2 Likes

Re: Police Release Man Arrested For Marrying Wife Without Parents’ Permission by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 18, 2016
kenonze:
Mtcheeew.

The parents are jokers.
Some family are begging guys to collect without pay, they help u relieve u of heavy burden, you dey para

So you are a heavy burden to your parentsshocked

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There A Way To Make African Parents Apologize To Their Kids / My Boyfriend Slapped Me! / Your Cousin's Son Or Daughter Is Called What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.