Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit (27499 Views)

Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? / Is Tinted Glass Permit really Free ? / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by kennyzboy: 1:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
Though this scheme seems laudable at first, certain issues later come up for discussion. First and foremost the time frame given which is January 1, 2015 to March 18, 2015 being yesterday is actually very short and annoying. Secondly there was no prior notice or awareness campaign to inform the general public before commencement of the scheme. Thirdly the website for input & update of vehicle registration has been off-line now for the past four or five days now, denying people of the ability to get registered. Fourthly one cannot complete registration/biometric capture and collect permit the same day, it's usually between 2 - 4 weeks of registration. Fifthly only one capture equipment is available in every state command which is usually in the state capital, requiring traveling/accommodation logistics in some cases. Sixthly i don't see why any modern nation would subject its citizens to this trouble in that it is only supposed to be for those who intentionally fix their vehicle glasses with tint such that their interiors cannot be viewed ordinarily, as factory fitted ones can be viewed normally with only the back glasses usually tinted.

Furthermore most affected people see it as a ploy by the police authorities to exploit its citizens of their hard earned money since this scheme came out too soon with the difficulties associated with obtaining it.

Please anyone should provide updates concerning this issue as per police harassment about this topic, feel free to even add your own comments and complaints or suggestions as per the way forward, thanks.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by DGD1(m): 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
diz is 2016 naa, not 2015

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by colossus2: 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
As you approach a check point, wind your glass down cool

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by DGD1(m): 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
lalasticlala seun see snake o!

lalasticlala wil be like "pishure or adont blif"

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Vikkie14: 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
The issue of Tinted glass permit should honestly exempt Factory fitted Glasses. Most vehicles tinted glasses are factory fitted. So, do you expect me to remove my factory fitted tinted glasses and buy a transparent one all in the name of getting permit?

If they want to see lesser tinted glass in Nigeria, i will advise them to get down to Car markers and practically inform them to stop tinting "Made-for-Nigeria" vehicles.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by bigtt76(f): 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
Just like the typical Nigerian always waiting till deadline is near before attempting to register grin

2 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
colossus2:

asin, wind down completely...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by SammyGyang(m): 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
Lol
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Vikkie14: 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
DGD1:

lalasticlala wil be like "pishure or adont blif"
that was because you dont know the Two MASTER PASSWORD.

If you want to get your topic to the FP, just use any of these MasterPasswords--there's no security they can't breached.

The first password is TONTO DIKEH.
The second password is SNAKE.

E.G lalasticlal.a see the snake i killed in my room tonight.

25 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by HomesOfLife(m): 6:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
I doubt that the real VIPS that these tinted cars are meant for would encounter such hassles. Just a phone call should do it tongue.
My dear if you'ree not in this category, untint it... you don't need it undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by STAINLESSYKZ: 6:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
The dateline has been extended to 11th September, 2016

5 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by godwinkessi: 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nigeria is fanny
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by tonylaw07(m): 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is a new avenue for police to collect money from cars without tint permit. I have been trying to register on the site since Tuesday but to no avail.
It's so unfortunate that people that should fight for the common man do not car cause I do not see an reason why a car with factory tint should have a Tint permit.

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
colossus2:
with the back glass too?

4 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
STAINLESSYKZ:

Please could you confirm this is true or a joke, if possible links to your source of information
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by KOMBE: 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
I registered online 4 weeks ago and submitted the form at Police headquarters Portharcourt but they are yet to invite me for capturing. Most people are now confused on what to do as the date has expired and no extension.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by SleekReek(m): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
STAINLESSYKZ:

STAINLESSYKZ is your comment authentic,any link to validate this? Thanks.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by kingGoldust(m): 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Every things in naija is for police advantage
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
and he deleted my comment cry

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by rawtouch: 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Go and remove your tint
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by oismail(m): 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2016
Where are in 2016 already
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Boeing777pilot: 6:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
2011 thread makes FP after 5 years?

Anything is possible if only you believe. grin

2 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Lucasbible: 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
How much is the tint permit. This one is just for revenue generation. I cant drive a car without tinted glass.

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by JessNigeria: 6:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
The website is still open for registration.
Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by JessNigeria: 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
2011 thread makes FP after 5 years?

Anything is possible if only you believe. grin

This is a thread opened today!

Seems you are not aware of the new tinted permit registration.

2 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
what exactly is the purpose of a tint permit, how does the granting of tint licensees help the police? Does it make it more difficult as a criminal to be inside a licensed car, how does the police know a car's tints are licensed?

8 Likes

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by matrix75: 7:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
In Lagos they only attend to you on Thursdays and Fridays and just added Mondays and captured an average of 50 applicants per day. They attends to the man knows man more. It took me 2 days to get captured you have to be there before 7am to make it.

1 Like

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by Excuzeme: 7:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
KOMBE:
I registered online 4 weeks ago and submitted the form at Police headquarters Portharcourt but they are yet to invite me for capturing. Most people are now confused on what to do as the date has expired and no extension.

I have registered and Biometrics have been done at Force headquarters, OVER 5WEEKS now... BUT YET TO BE GIVEN THE CERTIFICATE!
I just keep a copy of the signed Letter l got after Data Capture, in my Vehicle...... thats what they will get until they produce my Cert.
Nothing else l can do, right?

Dem no born any policeman well, make im disturb me

BTW: You need to come and see how the Police officers in their I.T Unit are using this thing to make money (They will leave those who have been on the Queue all day unattended to...... collect money from others and just do it for them, without any queue! angry angry ).

I hope IGP Arase knows the kind of inhuman treatment his officers are subjecting ordinary Nigerians to?
I had a genuine permit before the current "order" and l just complied to get another one, ..yet its not coming out?
At times, l think it is wrong to be law abiding in this country.

Make dem just nor vex me o....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit by tinktanker: 7:12pm On Mar 18, 2016
Fg never seizes to extort Nigerians

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos; Fatal Accident At Alausa, Ikeja Reportedly Leaves 2 Dead / Man Killed In Ikorodu By Hit And Run Driver (Photo) / An SUV Rammed Into Ditch In Awolowo Road (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.