Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,697 members, 7,802,053 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission (43633 Views)

NBC Sanctions 86 Broadcasting Stations / 12 Nigerian Songs Banned By NBC / BBC World Service To Start Broadcasting In Igbo And Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
The Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation (NBC)regulates the quality and decency of content that is played across all national broadcasting houses to mass audience. The NBC possess a strict list of rules guiding the content of the music and videos, frowning on lewd videos, and debauched lyrics.
A number of top acts have been affected by this ban, with YBNL rappers, Olamide and Lil Kesh bearing the brunt of the censorship as a four of their hit songs have been blacklisted.
Rappers Reminisce and CDQ are also affected, May D, Wizkid, and Iyanya forming the core of singers to have been affected by the ban.

Here are most recent list of banned hit songs by the NBC. See them below.
1) Olamide – Don’t Stop
2) Reminisce – ‘Tesojue’
3) Naeto C – ‘Tony Montana’ ft D’banj
4) Phyno – ‘Yayo’
5) Masterkraft – ‘Indomie’ ft CDQ,. Olamide
6) Wizkid – ‘In my bed’
7) Iyanya – ‘Gift’ ft Don Jazzy
cool Lil Kesh – ‘Gbese’
9) May D – ‘Ibadi’
10) Olamide - Bobo
11) Olamide – ‘Falila Ketan’

http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/03/10-hit-songs-banned-by-nigeria.html?m=0

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 18, 2016

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by funnynation(m): 3:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
Thank God.. Airforce1 song ''Be my diva'' no follow.. Sombody should help me tell those Olodoo NBC that we don't need their so call media house b4 we watch music video.. MTVbase and co repping Africa Music since 19AD. Help also tell them that we make use of Yotube and our various gadget to enjoy unlimited downloading.. But dat phyno-yayo, Olamide-falila-keta and wizkid-in my bed too horror.

Nairaland official comedian

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by siraj1402(m): 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Asan were

2 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by DBossNG(m): 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hmm.. ...

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Clone2020(m): 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
This government is slowly turning into Nazis.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
Na YBNL full everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Fernandowski(m): 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
songs wey I don listen to tire

5 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Intendy: 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
some decency needs to be instilled in some of our musicians.
though a fan of some of them,let them reason

5 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Rexaxe(m): 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
grin

Na Olamide plenty pass . . .As his nick-name implies (Baddo)

Meanwhile, it's only in Nigeria that Authority ban songs people
are tired of listening to
tongue

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Sijo01(f): 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
Only olamide 4 tracks banned! That's to say he has no reasonable thing to sing.

34 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by fiftynaira(m): 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
Tony Montana too?

That jam was years back

3 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Arewa12: 3:54pm On Mar 18, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
I will now go and download all the songs listed therein.

first, to spite these people with hugely misplace priorities,

two, I'm curious,

5 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Beehshorp(m): 3:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
Almost all these music dey my fone.. So I kum dey wonder who listens to radio station nowadays with the aim of listening to songs when we can just online and download it?

3 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by jtizie(m): 3:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
WHY ban these songs after months or years of release

2 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Abbeyunique2(m): 3:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
Lol. after how many month? make dem ban am for my phone nah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Enemkingsley: 3:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
They should focus more on banning our politrictians that use horror words during campaign

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by html14java(f): 3:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
Lol

Wen we've enjoyed the song,

Clubbed the songs

Danced the songs

Remixed the song

And now, they have banned the shaffs remaining.

NBC, contunu.

One day, you wake up and ban p-square_busy body.

In other news, Badosneh always topping the Chart back to back

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Dklef(m): 3:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
My upcoming hit song nor dey there sha.

3 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Evathyst(f): 3:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
NBC should please step up their game to include banning some of our vulgar musicians.

*Reminisce*
*Lil Kesh*
*Olamide*
*Terry Gee* Although nature himself has banned this mofo.

These vulgar fellows are corrupting public morals abeg. undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by ikombe: 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
How you go ban song wey don reign finish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
They should come and delete those songs from my phone now.

Rubbish tongue

They are just doing what they suppose to do since

2 Likes

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Smellymouth: 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by jtjohn(m): 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2016
YBNL lyrics are too raw........They should try and work on it.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by ifyeez: 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
They should come and delete it from my phone. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by redcliff: 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
funnynation:
Thank God.. Airforce1 song ''Be my diva'' no follow.. Sombody should help me tell those Olodoo NBC that we don't need their so call media house b4 we watch music video.. MTVbase and co repping Africa Music since 19AD. Help also tell them that we make use of Yotube and our various gadget to enjoy unlimited downloading.. But dat phyno-yayo, Olamide-falila-keta and wizkid-in my bed too horror.

Nairaland official comedian

Can you silly folks leave the guy alone? why always unnecessarily disturbing the guy ? then again, if you dont know what to comment, you can just view the thread and bounce off...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by timmycris(m): 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
r
Re: Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission by Sirjohn84(m): 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
our artists should try to avoid lewd lyrics. them can still make good songs and videos without going raw and hard.. haba

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cynthia Morgan: "Baby Mama" Video - Watch / DOWNLOAD MP3 Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me Ft The Weeknd / Who Gave The Order?: Tiwa Savage's Sings In Memory Of Lekki Victims (2020 Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.