Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) (25621 Views)

Couple Who Met In Ebonyi NYSC Camp 4 Years Ago Set To Wed (Photos) / Two Ex-Corpers Who Got Married While Serving In Ebonyi Welcome Baby Boy (Pics) / Female Corper Donates Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by megawax8: 5:19pm On Mar 18, 2016

A National Youth Corps member Okeke Stanley Chima has been conferred with the chieftaincy title of Ozo Ogbenye 1 of Igbudu-Ekka community for sinking a borehole in Ezza North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.

Chima also stocked a library at the Community Secondary School, Nkomoro in the council.

Chima said the projects were part of his Community Development Service (CDS), a core part of the NYSC.

He said the initiative was informed by a need to solve a problem as he saw it upon his posting to the community. Chima said the need became an obligation considering that he was accepted and cared for by the people.
He added that the only way he thought he could impact on their lives was through such projects. He urged the benefit-ting communities to continue to extend the same hospitality showed him to other Corps members that would be posted to the area.

Daisy Girl Foundation, a Lagos-based non-governmental organisation whose cardinal objective is to support the development of future national and world leaders, sponsored the two projects.

Mrs Marilyn Maduka, the founder of the foundation said they identified with the Corps member because his CDS initiatives were in tandem with the core objective of the foundation.

She said the foundation was interested in developing education and values especially in the girl-child in Nigeria and beyond. She urged the communities to make use of the projects as the foundation would visit in near future to inspect and do more projects for them if they could maintain the existing ones.
In their remarks on behalf of Igbudu Ekka, the community Head, Mr Ogbaigbo Emmanuel Ugbala and the youth President, Ogwale Matthew who lauded Corps member and the Foundation said the new borehole has ended the scarcity of water hitherto facing the community.

They said the project was going to unite the people more and prayed God to reimburse them in double fold. The Principal of community Secondary School(CSS) Nkomoro, Mr Ugama C. C, who commended the Corps member and the foundation said the library was the first of its kind since the establishment of the school in over two decades.

He said the Library would inculcate reading culture in the students and pledged to ensure judicious use of the library.

The member representing Ohaozara East state constituency, Hon. Augusta Udeh who commissioned the projects said he was impressed to be associated with such laudable achievement and thanked the Corps member and the Foundation for the humanitarian services. Hon. Udeh appealed to the community not to discriminate among themselves on the use of the borehole just as she admonished the students and teachers of CSS Nkomoro to make proper use of the Library.

The state Coordinator of NYSC in Ebonyi state who was represented by Mr Kingsley Ndukwe commended the Corps member for the initiative and urged other corps members to emulate him. Highlight of the event was the distribution of items such as clothes, beverages, shoes, cream, etc to widows and other villagers by Daisy Girl Foundation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/corps-member-honoured-donating-borehole-library/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by madridguy(m): 5:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
ok
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Destined2win: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016

20 Likes

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by jmichlins(m): 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
I hope he gets more than chieftency title maybe a recognition from the government. This is the type of news we wish to hear about the NYSC and the other way round

2 Likes

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by megawax8: 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
pictures

2 Likes

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by ooluwasinzu(m): 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
chief Stanley....... congratulations brother proud of you!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2016
wink
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
congrat bro. u are d tru leader of tommorow.
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by nbright: 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nice one
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by KOLZY(m): 6:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is real service to one's country, am deeply proud of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by valdes00(m): 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
Better guy with better brain..... unlike sum guys wey go go Dia to bleep all d community girls without doing sum tin tangible..... I gbadun ur trademark

12 Likes

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by fostermd(m): 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
Very laudable project.Nigeria's competitiveness in the global scene can only get better with quality education.Kudos to the corper

1 Like

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by gabazin080(m): 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
Don't even know what to say
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Ruthia(f): 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
wow :owow

1 Like

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by simplibaba(m): 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
Most corpers have same intention but economic crises is a determinant.....
God bless you my amiable corper

1 Like

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by dan9ice(m): 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
GothamLuke:
God bless you sir
and your family and also the nairalander's families

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by INTERMAN: 6:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
NICE ONE

1 Like

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
wow!!
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
He has done well.
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by bartho77(m): 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
Highly laudable projects,recognition fully merited.
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by ayo4dworld(m): 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
If a corper can do this without been compelled. Them shame to all politicians. Most of them don't have a project associated with their Name. Yet, masses are suffering. God give us compassionate and incorruptible leaders in our dear country, Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Aroh48(m): 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
Gud one bro,I did d same when I served.
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by daveyjay(m): 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Na rich corper be that nah, person wey no qet money chop fit do am??!

1 Like

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by GENT95(m): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
this is an excellent work well done.................keep it up bro""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""IGBO KWENU""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by sinistermind(m): 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
Is this his CDS project or what? Cos I no read dis contents. Cos I CRS, a guy bought land for church and also built 6 blocks of classroom in Ikom all of which na personal cash.
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by thecrush: 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Congratulations o
I also did sth like this in Akwaibom 2012
God bless you.

The library even looks exactly like the one i put up in my ppa. I ws so fulfilled i did it.

1 Like

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Timbuktu14(m): 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
jmichlins:
I hope he gets more than chieftency title maybe a recognition from the government. This is the type of news we wish to hear about the NYSC and the other way round
I'm sure he will be getting a state award and could also be nominated for the presidential award. That's the it works i think cool
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by jjwaterfalls(f): 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Dats gud

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter User Gets Posted To Borno State After Paying 30K To Influence His NYSC / NYSC Batch B Corpers Passing Out - Congratulatory Message / Kaduna Corpers & Ex Corpers Protesting Non-Payment Of Allowances (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.