Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. (26358 Views)

Remi Tinubu ‘Takes Over’ Ekweremadu’s Seat - TheCable / Buhari Fires CSO For ‘Leaking’ Itinerary To Diezani - TheCable / Aregbesola To Pay March, April Salaries By Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Nkemtreasure: 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
Very funny. What about their IGR? Half truths is directly proportional to a MAJOR LIE
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
EbukaLive:
All of una no get sense for this tread. An online news magazine dey give inference say based on the Federal Allocation they cannot pay salary of a month, March that is yet to end. and there was no mention of the IGR generated except that is meagre. how do we define meagre? una sha no get sense
With all your "sense" you didn't reason why he hasn't paid January and February when allocation was higher. Maybe your "sense" tells you that IGR will be about 20 billion dollars. You should have just blamed GEJ instead showing us your "sense" Obviously you and Aregbese have the same type of brain/sense

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by chigoizie7(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
whiteroses:
At least there are infrastructure and education in place, please give them time to recover. The governor did not embezzle their funds they went into many projects although they could have slowed down to balance things out. Rome was not built in a day

Rome was not foolish enough to put all its eggs in one basket.

If u know the principle of circulation of money, u will know the gravity of what aregbe has turned the people of osun into.

Education, a teacher will come to class on empty stomach to teach, what does s/he knew they are teaching?

How can pupils/student learn on empty stomach.

This is the highest of misplaced priority.

When u did not make ur foundation well and strong and u are busy, fixing, bullet proof doors, the most expensive window, Italian tiles, etc to beautify the house.

When d house will collapse because of its foundation, all those expensive fittings will collapse with it. And that is the case of osun state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by HCF(m): 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
It is official, Osun,my state, needs help ASAP...I don't know if it is possible to declare state of emergency in d state o.. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by FirstCounsel(m): 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
grin cheesy grin
Macelliot:
Osun for sale - Olx

Olx?
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Sibrah: 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
Pennsylvania:
What I still don't understand is why the people of Osun sate is very quiet in this matter
Some of us weren't very quite when he was busy racking up recurrent bills. When I spoke, some blind Islamist who felt threatened for strange reason decided it was best to flow with the tide of Aregbe's Islamist and politically motivated agenda. He even has mouth to talk about agriculture being the mainstay of our forefathers but did next to nothing to improve or invest in it.
He kept making sillý projections based on unpredictable oil income.
Until we start investing in productivity oriented ventures it will continue to be like this
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by ziccoit: 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
salaksmana:
March salary? Has anyone been paid January and February?

What about arrears of July till December? As far as I'm concerned Aregbesola is owning 6mths salary.
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by tontoro: 9:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
They are not expecting march salary he hasn't balance d logs of half salary from july to dec 2015 talkless of paying january and february
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Bibors(m): 10:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
How is democracy a government of the people, by the people and for the people and the people allowed this and still allow it and are still not ready to do anything?
I thank God for all that is happening as it is a learning process.
One day the people will come to the realization that this power actually is in their hands and they will ensure public office holders are accountable for their stewardship.
wake up now people of Osun or remain slaves in your own land by your own making.
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Xonology: 10:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
Pennsylvania:
What I still don't understand is why the people of Osun sate is very quiet in this matter
thats the trademark of Yorubas.. Did you see any of them commenting on this thread? Very very tribalistic set of people. But just watch any thread on GEJ aids steals money or anything relating to Igbo/PDP, you will see them flood the thread with long grammar laden with hypocrisy... Anyway, Osun matter is their business, none of my business...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Pennsylvania: 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
bamirotola:

Bro this is a country that has no regards for human right, 90% of workers in osun state r civil servant and they av no oda means of income dan frm the govt.. so tell me who will go out there to fight when they know areegbe won't pay them... Nigeria is too currupt even d devil is regretting ever making her currupt.. That man is a monster, dt care less about the masses..
I learnt. Ooni offered him some money to pay outstanding debt, hhe choose to divert it into payment of contract debt... all d projects he embarked on are half done, but d masses r suufering for it... That shows how dull and illeterate his cabinet are... he never thought of attracting investors to the state, he embarked on cosmetic projects..
As i'm telling you, no osun state workers hs been paid this year, and tell me how that man will not die a miserable death..
The opon Imo he contracted for his son chunked a huge amt of money...an application in it alone is over 25million naira when bought from d owner, so tell me aw much d opon Imo will be?
The unifying of school uniform is another drain hole of the state economy, as they provide students with substandard material...
There was a farm project they allocated close to 30 million for, but they did not spend close to 5 mill on it..
I served in osun state, my mum is a retiree from osun state and my sister too works with the state... all this being said is for you to know aregbe is hurting me and I all infor given ere are valid... a miserable death beackon on him soon...

Sibrah:
Some of us weren't very quite when he was busy racking up recurrent bills. When I spoke, some blind Islamist who felt threatened for strange reason decided it was best to flow with the tide of Aregbe's Islamist and politically motivated agenda. He even has mouth to talk about agriculture being the mainstay of our forefathers but did next to nothing to improve or invest in it.
Until we start investing in productivity oriented ventures it will continue to be like this
bamirotola:

Bro this is a country that has no regards for human right, 90% of workers in osun state r civil servant and they av no oda means of income dan frm the govt.. so tell me who will go out there to fight when they know areegbe won't pay them... Nigeria is too currupt even d devil is regretting ever making her currupt.. That man is a monster, dt care less about the masses..
I learnt. Ooni offered him some money to pay outstanding debt, hhe choose to divert it into payment of contract debt... all d projects he embarked on are half done, but d masses r suufering for it... That shows how dull and illeterate his cabinet are... he never thought of attracting investors to the state, he embarked on cosmetic projects..
As i'm telling you, no osun state workers hs been paid this year, and tell me how that man will not die a miserable death..
The opon Imo he contracted for his son chunked a huge amt of money...an application in it alone is over 25million naira when bought from d owner, so tell me aw much d opon Imo will be?
The unifying of school uniform is another drain hole of the state economy, as they provide students with substandard material...
There was a farm project they allocated close to 30 million for, but they did not spend close to 5 mill on it..
I served in osun state, my mum is a retiree from osun state and my sister too works with the state... all this being said is for you to know aregbe is hurting me and I all infor given ere are valid... a miserable death beackon on him soon...

Is sad to say Nigeria is a failed state, in saner countries he'd have been impeached a long time ago. But in Nigeria, No.....you'll see a Governor doing practically nothing but get hailed by his people, I remember when Justice Oleyede wrote against Aregbesola, she was summoned by the State House of Assembly and what came out of it? Nothing! If we have strong laws in Nigeria which are being practiced regularly,I believe all public office holders won't be messing up this way.

2 Likes

Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Demainman1: 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
Despite all that has been happening in Nigeria, the fight between APC and PDP, Army and Boko Haram, Buhari and Jonathan, EFCC, Subsidy, Fuel scarcity, increase in dollar and decline of naira, unemployment, inflation and hardship
I have good news for you.....

Guess wat?
Mango is out!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Xonology: 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
whiteroses:
At least there are infrastructure and education in place, please give them time to recover. The governor did not embezzle their funds they went into many projects although they could have slowed down to balance things out. Rome was not built in a day
A wise governor borrows money of this magnitude for investment project not on consumption project. Had it been the loan is used for investment project, the loan will be serviced from the money gotten from the investments and not from the monthly allocation .. Get that into your empty skull angry

1 Like

Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Jnrbaino4real(m): 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
And before you know it now, one weird individual on nairaland will bring out one of aregbe rascals old pix during his campaign days and say it was on his way back from mosque. He is the worst performing governor, serves them right any way , cos they casted their vote for him .

1 Like

Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by IkpuMmadu: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
This has shown you that yoruba are good managers
Osun
Ogun
Ondo
Case studies

Economics 101

1 Like

Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
Macelliot:
Osun for sale - Olx
I will buy Osun on OLx only if you know that its not a scAm
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by IkpuMmadu: 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Pennsylvania:

Is sad to say Nigeria is a failed state, in saner countries he'd have been impeached a long time ago. But in Nigeria, No.....you'll see a Governor doing practically nothing but get hailed by his people, I remember when Justice Oleyede wrote against Aregbesola, she was summoned by the State House of Assembly and what came out of it? Nothing! If we strong laws in Nigeria which are being practiced regularly,I believe all public office holders won't be messing up this way.

In Yoruba land not in Nigeria

Didn't you see how anambra rejected ngige
Didn't you see what happened to Rochas in London
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by IkpuMmadu: 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sibrah:

That's a yoruba man

Always making projection

Ask the oyo former governor
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by onyxo76(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
what kind of mess has this governor turned this peaceful state to...6 million naira?
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by IkpuMmadu: 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
HCF:
It is official, Osun,my state, needs help ASAP...I don't know if it is possible to declare state of emergency in d state o.. embarassed
Why don't you claim omo eko as your fellow brothers will always do ..ask ekiti peeps here in Lagos ....all na lagosians
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Xonology: 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
But you guys sang his praises during election.. He did all this things and you still voted for him for 2nd tenure? You guys should understand that anybody that comes to contest under the support of a God father is curse to the state but you guys were blinded with tribalism then.. Anyway, you guys should endure it till 2018..
bamirotola:

Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Sibrah: 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

That's a yoruba man

Always making projection

Ask the oyo former governor
One should make sensible projections and not projections based on uncertainty. Aregbe was busy doing funny things like free feeding, O-YES, paying elderly people all with the assumption that oil income will keep flowing in. That's a stùpid form of projection.
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by mankan2k7(m): 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
Bubu best friend. show me your friend...........
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by IkpuMmadu: 10:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
EbukaLive:
All of una no get sense for this tread. An online news magazine dey give inference say based on the Federal Allocation they cannot pay salary of a month, March that is yet to end. and there was no mention of the IGR generated except that is meagre. how do we define meagre? una sha no get sense

Why fool around ?
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by chinchum(m): 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
I will like to know how much debt Osun state has left to pay, but if Osun is using almost 2.5 billion naira to service debts monthly, i have a feeling it would be out of the woods in less than 12 months, and it would be left with minimal service of debts.
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
TheFreeOne:
It's so incredible that within 8 years Aregbese ran osun into bankruptcy.

What a pity...Osun indigenes should as a matter of urgently organize mass revolt to run Aregbe out of the state but if they failed to do that then their suffering just started cos aside the fact that their future has been mortgaged then servitude and outright sale of the state should be expected.
if only they could emulate brazilians and go out on the street to drive that foolish alfa from the government house... We are a docile set of humans in this country... Watch how the osun people would keep quiet and endure the suffering...
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by IkpuMmadu: 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
Sibrah:
One should make sensible projections and not projections based on uncertainty. Aregbe was busy doing funny things like free feeding, O-YES, paying elderly people all with the assumption that oil income will keep flowing in. That's a stùpid form of projection.
Why should he assume oil.. Is osun an oil producing state ..that's what you get when you reap where it didn't sow

Breeze has blown and fowl no get toto...

Yoruba economics are superb ..we saw it in oyo,ekiti and we gave up on osun..even Lagos is badly managed
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by IkpuMmadu: 10:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
IzonOwei:
if only they could emulate brazilians and go out on the street to drive that foolish alfa from the government house... We are a docile set of humans in this country... Watch how the osun people would keep quiet and endure the suffering...
Don't use we ..use Yoruba are dicile ....did you see what happened to Rochas and Ngige even Amaechi ain't finding it funny
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Don't use we ..use Yoruba are dicile ....did you see what happened to Rochas and Ngige even Amaechi ain't finding it funny
grin. You want make yorubas come finish me.. grin

Sonething is fundamentally wrong with this country
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by IkpuMmadu: 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
IzonOwei:
grin. You want make yorubas come finish me.. grin

Sonething is fundamentally wrong with this country

They won't finish you..they will only bark but won't bite ..they have shown how prudent they are with economy ..how can 70% of Yoruba States be this bankrupt?
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by IkpuMmadu: 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
Onila and that impey mayoroflagos where are you ? Are you not here again

Even that tat shymm3x
Re: ALERT: Osun State Will NOT Pay March Salaries - Thecable. by InvertedHammer: 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
grin and the suffering begins grin

when the criminal was busy spraying money during campaign and 'holy' baba was looking at him, many apc agents(modath, berem, passingshots, uncle gbawe, omenka etc) were busy praising the r*m, now the money don finish grin osun people are now bearing the heat cheesy
/
This is my point. Pray for good leaders. Party loyalty is nonsense since there is no ideological difference among all the Nigeria parties. Salaries do not recognize party affiliation. Will Aregbe miss a breakfast? No. The same goes for those praying for Buhari to fail; your lives will be screwed too. Worst case scenario, Buhari jumps on a plane to go and chill in Dubai while you line up at the fuel station with your generators' fuel tanks under scorching sunlight.
/

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November / We Are Not “NEPA” - Ikeja Electric / Emir Sanusi's Family Members Tour Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.