Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Timi Dakolo Bags Degree In Songwriting From An American College (Photos) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timi Dakolo Bags Degree In Songwriting From An American College (Photos) (22812 Views)

Eucharia Anunobi Graduates From Redeemed Christian Bible College (Photos) / Timi Dakolo 'Worried' Over His Wife's Sexy Look For Girls Night Out (Photo) / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Dances With Students Of Mary Gold College (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timi Dakolo Bags Degree In Songwriting From An American College (Photos) by Kay17: 11:30am On Mar 20, 2016
EreluY:
@ Kay17: 9:24am On Mar 19
Would you mind mentioning just a few of the requirements needed for a proper understanding of music theory?

[b]If you were to take a music theory course, let's say MUS201, where MUS101 is a prerequisite, you would be expected to have full grasps (knowledge and understanding) of topics like: harmonic vocabulary & modulation; diatonic triads and seventh chords in major and harmonic minor; 2-part, 3-part and 4-part harmony (figured bass); harmonic progression; chord progression; fugal writing; rhythmic anticipation and articulations; melodic and harmonic tensions and resolutions, etc., etc. There is no way you can study on a music course or programme which builds on a student's knowledge and understanding of these theoretical stuff without good prior knowledge of what they are. Pop musicians with no music qualifications (just like children who speak mother tongues without theoretical knowledge of the rules of the grammar) do compose and perform music featuring these theoretical principles. Albeit, like the childhood and language analogy used, pop musicians with no academic music training have no understanding of theoretical principles underpinning their compositions and performance.[/b]

Berklee offers from the scratch trainings on music theory which gives a music novice an opportunity. Therefore prerequisites are not really necessary. Of during the study the student has to naturally progress from one prerequisite to another but not before the programme.
Re: Timi Dakolo Bags Degree In Songwriting From An American College (Photos) by EreluY(f): 4:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
Kay17:

Berklee offers from the scratch trainings on music theory which gives a music novice an opportunity. Therefore prerequisites are not really necessary. Of during the study the student has to naturally progress from one prerequisite to another but not before the programme.

Are you for real?...You're jumping from one end of the argument to the other. Going by your last posting, you've come full round back to my point by stating that students would be "starting from scratch". If so, except this guy has a bachelor's degree in music, he cannot enrol on a masters degree programme without subject knowledge at the undergraduate level (certificate, diploma and BA). You now see the point I'm making. If you're intelligent enough, look up the college's link I've already provided and work it out yourself: the institution doesn't offer a master's degree in music. So, whatever the name of this artiste is, he hasn't received a masters degree in music. For your information, music is a difficult academic subject. Not everyone has the capacity to successfully pursue it. The fact that someone can play guitar, string lyrics and melodies together is no proof they can pursue academic study of music. Any musicologists in the house?
Re: Timi Dakolo Bags Degree In Songwriting From An American College (Photos) by Kay17: 5:26pm On Mar 20, 2016
EreluY:

Are you for real?...You're jumping from one end of the argument to the other. Going by your last posting, you've come full round back to my point by stating that students would be "starting from scratch". If so, except this guy has a bachelor's degree in music, he cannot enrol on a masters degree programme without subject knowledge at the undergraduate level (certificate, diploma and BA). You now see the point I'm making. If you're intelligent enough, look up the college's link I've already provided and work it out yourself: the institution doesn't offer a master's degree in music. So, whatever the name of this artiste is, he hasn't received a masters degree in music. For your information, music is a difficult academic subject. Not everyone has the capacity to successfully pursue it. The fact that someone can play guitar, string lyrics and melodies together is no proof they can pursue academic study of music. Any musicologists in the house?

But Timi didn't take a masters degree from the school.
Re: Timi Dakolo Bags Degree In Songwriting From An American College (Photos) by WelconnectTrav1(m): 1:12am On Mar 22, 2016
EreluY:

READ MY POST ABOVE.
Okay. Thanks. Comprehensive points, but somehow complicated....
Re: Timi Dakolo Bags Degree In Songwriting From An American College (Photos) by MycoleA(m): 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ganjafama:
Hmmn! That one na pure iliterate na.
sure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sandra Okagbue Is Flawless In A New Stunning Photo / Dakore Egbunson-akande Shows-off Baby Bump As She Expects Baby 2 (photos) / Blood Of Jesus:- See Popular Comedian I Go Die Throw Back Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.