Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,511 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:52 PM

Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash (6408 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup / AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
Turkey based Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo has been knocked out of Nigeria’s double assault against Egypt, in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, owing to injury.Omeruo’s club, Kasimpasa, in the Turkish top flight, informed the Nigeria Football Federation that the defender is down with a groin injury that will sideline him for the next two weeks.

Super Eagles’ team administrator Dayo Enebi told thenff.com that this development has already been communicated to Head Coach Samson Siasia and the team medics.

“Omeruo’s injury and subsequent withdrawal from the Egypt games has been communicated to the coaches and the medics,” Enebi disclosed.

“The player is disappointed with his injury setback because he has been looking forward to this game with a lot of optimism. Expectedly, the coaches were also unhappy but they have wished him a quick recovery,” He added.

http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/omeruo-injured-defender-ruled-out-of-afcon-qualifiers/

Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Flexherbal(m): 12:17am On Mar 19, 2016
I wanted to watch him play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by micfoley: 12:30am On Mar 19, 2016
Chance for someone else to impress

1 Like

Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 19, 2016
There are untested professional defenders round the globe who could also impress if given the chance.

It is left for Siasia to send out invitations to this players ASAP..

Nairaland is a well known and read forum. I believe it's was because of the clamoring from sports fan in this forum that lead to the invitation of Leon Balogun who was earlier left out of the Eagles squad by Siasia.

Please feel free to suggest players who could be possible replacement for the injured players..

Icon4s, Robosky02, TheGoodjoe, TheSuperNerd etc. Your attention is needed in this thread.
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Icon4s(m): 7:36am On Mar 19, 2016
Daninya11:
There are untested professional defenders round the globe who could also impress if given the chance.

Nairaland is a well known and read forum. I believe it's was because of the clamoring from sports fan in this forum that lead to the invitation of Leon Balogun who was earlier left out of the Eagles squad by Siasia.

Please feel free to suggest players who could be possible replacement for the injured players..

Icon4s, Robosky, TheSuperNerd etc. Your attention is needed in this thread.

Omeruo's injury is saddening bt that does nt spell doom for Nigeria as Balogun, Obaobona and Ambrose are all Centre back options. Any two of those three can form a Centre back pair.

I wish Omeruo speedily recovery. We need him in the heart of the defense for Rio Olympics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 19, 2016
Icon4s:

Omeruo's injury is saddening bt that does nt spell doom for Nigeria as Balogun, Obaobona and Ambrose are all Centre back options. Any two of those three can form a Centre back pair.

I wish Omeruo speedily recovery. We need him in the heart of the defense for Rio Olympics.

Sir, Oboabona and Ambrose are good defenders but ....of late they have been performing below par. The game against Egypt is a must win match where there will be no rooms for silly mistakes or we get punished..

Any new kid on the block who could effectively pair Balogun in the heart of defense.

I must confess I am not comfortable seeing the likes of Ambrose, Oboabona and Shehu Abdullahi in defense. They are seem jittery and easily prone to errors and poor decision.

I am not comfortable with the defense.

My fears..
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:08am On Mar 19, 2016
Daninya11:

Sir, Oboabona and Ambrose are good defenders but ....of late they have been performing below par. The game against Egypt is a must win match where there will be no rooms for silly mistakes or we get punished..

Any new kid on the block who could effectively pair Balogun in the heart of defense.

I must confess I am not comfortable seeing the likes of Ambrose, Oboabona and Shehu Abdullahi in defense. They are seem jittery and easily prone to errors and poor decision.

My fears..

I say we call up Awaziem to camp. The FC Porto Nigerian Whizkid. I still believe if he is good enough for a club like FC Porto, the he is good enough for the Super Eagles.

We have some home based defenders in camp but I feel Awaziem should join the camp. Coach Siasia should try him. If Awaziem is good enough, he should play him.
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Icon4s(m): 8:08am On Mar 19, 2016
Daninya11:

My fears..

The defensive line-up particulary a centre back pair is the mpst critical department of a team.

Yeah we need to see the new kids in d block coming up to take positions in d team. Bt not in this crutial game. As i said d CB pairing is highly critical which is why i dnt see Siasia. experimenting with a new kid in d block in d CB. Obaobona and Ambrose are well tested and experienced defenders hu i feel can rise to d occassion without jitters. Shehu abdullahi may b a weak pt which is y I would prefare Balogun starts from Right back.

The silly mistakes u talk abt would more likely occur if u throw in a debutant their.And U may feel Ambrose and Obaobona are bellow par bt d d depth of eexperience dey have at this level will count for much.Good Defensive play has a lot to do with co-ordination and understanding. These guys have been together for close to 4/5 yrs. I blieve they can form dat formidable pair.

With a defensive pairing of:
Balogun..Ambrose..Obaobona..Echiejile we are ready for Egypt.

1 Like

Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:15am On Mar 19, 2016
Icon4s:

The defensive line-up particulary a centre back pair is the mpst critical department of a team.

Yeah we need to see the new kids in d block coming up to take positions in d team. Bt not in this crutial game. As i said d CB pairing is highly critical which is why i dnt see Siasia. experimenting with a new kid in d block in d CB. Obaobona and Ambrose are well tested and experienced defenders hu i feel can rise to d occassion without jitters. Shehu abdullahi may b a weak pt which is y I would prefare Balogun starts from Right back.

The silly mistakes u talk abt would more likely occur if u throw in a debutant their.And U may feel Ambrose and Obaobona are bellow par bt d d depth of eexperience dey have at this level will count for much.Good Defensive play has a lot to do with co-ordination and understanding. These guys have been together for close to 4/5 yrs. I blieve they can form dat formidable pair.

Do you think Oboabona and Ambrose are good enough to start for FC Porto? If they are not, we are going with lesser quality defenders than Awaziem.
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 19, 2016
Icon4s:

Noted sire, thanks for sharing.
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Do you think Oboabona and Ambrose are good enough to start for FC Porto? If they are not, we are going with lesser quality defenders than Awaziem.

Great observation sir..

1 Like

Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by jotey(m): 9:08am On Mar 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

gbam...awaziem should be invited even though he won't make the starting line up....he is our future centre back...he is better than oboabona...@least he should gain small experience
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Icon4s(m): 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Well, Siasia does nt think so. He has invited the very best he thinks he can work with to get the job done.

BTW have u watched any 90mins clip of Awaziem's game? Nt jst those YouTube 3-5 mins highlights.
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Mediapace: 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2016
Praise the lord!
Match destroyer don commot,waiting for mikel too to commot.

*SirMP just joined the conversation

*I am a perfect gentle man just like Sean told you cool
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Jusmudi(m): 6:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
C dia bad English wen dem use, Omeruo knocked out of Nigeria's double assault against Egypt. So 4 Arsenal against Barcelona, e go b " Arsenal has been pursued 4rm championleague by barcelona" just joking though

1 Like

Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Nathanieloo7(m): 6:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
we no even need am we get better defenders, quick recovery to him
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by ademega(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
they should give them no fine joo
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by MikelEleta(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
No cause for alarm. There are far better defenders around. A defender that was voted by middlesbrough fans as the worst player to have ever played for them should not be commanding a regular shirt in the Nigerian team. I wish siasia goodluck as he picks a far more worthy replacement. #Nigeriawouldsoaroveregypt
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by optional1(f): 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
Oyo

what different wil he make if he were to play d match.
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by babyfaceafrica: 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
Some mofos will blame oliseh for this?.
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by onos217(m): 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
This Eagles is just a burst waiting to blow up under the heavy weight of the Egyptians;It's just a matter of time.
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Mopolchi: 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
na wa who go play na?
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Rajosh(m): 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2016
Daninya11:

Icon4s, Robosky02, TheGoodjoe, TheSuperNerd etc. Your attention is needed in this thread.
Kenneth Otigba . I've seen him play. he's very good. he plays for Henreveen
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
Leon Balogun is also injured.

Samson Siasia should extend an invitation to Kenneth Otigba, William trust-ekong and Awaziem..
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
Leon Balogun is also injured.

Samson Siasia should extend an invitation to Kenneth Otigba, William troost-ekong and Awaziem..

Otigba and Awaziem could be untested professionals but they are of high quality..
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by emmabest2000(m): 6:22am On Mar 20, 2016
Chelsea - West Ham lastnight

That Ogbonna WestHam defender guy dey show muscle oooo cheesy

Is he not a Nigerian ?

Just asking
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Welcomme: 7:32am On Mar 20, 2016
emmabest2000:
Chelsea - West Ham lastnight
Is he not a Nigerian ?
Just asking
He plays for Italy. He was with the Italian team during the last world cup.
Re: Afcon Qualifiers : Kenneth Omeruo Injured And Ruled Out Of Egypt Clash by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
[quote author=emmabest2000 post=43932725]Chelsea - West Ham lastnight

Is he not a Nigerian ?

Just asking
[/quot
A Nigerian who opted to play for Italy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bet9ja / 2012 Nations Cup: The Big Dogs Are All Missing / Manny Pacquiao Suffers Shock Defeat To Tim Bradley!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.