Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland (25743 Views)

As A Self-published Author, How Do You Build An Audience Of Die Hard Readers? / Michelle Nkamankeng, The Youngest Published Author In Africa (PHOTOS) / If You Were Asked To Write A Book About Your Life, What Would The Title Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 4:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
I want to use this opportunity to thank those of you who always had nice things to say each time I published a post here. Especially those who thought I would make a good author someday.
Every time I post a 'job hunting experience', most of reprimanded me to stop wasting my time submitting job applications when I had something bigger in me, you urged me to monetise my talent. A few of you even called me 'Chimamanda' which is very flattering.

The good news is, I finally did it! Not only did I write, I got published which is every writer's dream. My book was made available in print this week and the reviews I am getting makes me really happy.

When I started out last year, I literally slept on Nairaland. This is where I came to look for information on Nigerian editors, authors, p graphic designers, publishers and the process of obtaining an ISBN number. Nairaland was truly one of my biggest sources for information and I could not help but mention it in a few chapters in my fictional novel.

Anyway, I don't want to trail from the purpose of this post. This is me saying a big thank you to everyone who supported me here. Moderators et all. (Including you, Seun).
I know a lot of budding authors are reading this I want this post to inspire them. I read something similar to this seven months ago that forced me to seat up.

If anyone has any questions related to self-publishing, ask and I'll try to respond to all of them.

319 Likes 37 Shares

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Elparaiso(m): 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
Yay
Congrats NSG

Happy for you!

Bad Belle mods banned me immediately after my first FTC. Oloshi oshi

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by blackb2(m): 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
You're welcome, so glad my advice was useful wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
Here is a photo of the cover page and an excerpt of my novel here. http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/3869-2/

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
I don't remember but thanks. smiley
blackb2:
You're welcome, so glad my advice was useful wink

2 Likes

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thank you
Elparaiso:
Yay
Congrats NSG

Happy for you!

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by blackb2(m): 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I don't remember but thanks. smiley

Never mind, so easy to forget people like me before the gain/fame.

Thanks

18 Likes

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by evolg(m): 4:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
I read d excerpt on ur blog...it's captivating..i must say. I'd prefer d e-copy, is dia any provision for dt?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by ammyluv2002(f): 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
Wow! Great cover

Congrats and all the best!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Stevostical(m): 4:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
Nice one NSG, first saw this on your page on FB, by the way the cover page seems cool, I will sure read this book, where can I get it if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Adortem: 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
NSG,I am your big fan,so glad you finally wrote a book,the comic relief in your write-ups always stand you out. Keep the energy up NSG. Thumbs up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Boldwinner(m): 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congratulations dear. I will love to learn more from you privately. There are many ideas and many things one could write on. But the question that bothers many young people is "How". An idea is almost useless except when brought to life through an action or a series of physical processes. Naijasinglegirl, I will love to learn more from you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by truthalways(m): 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2016
The sky is only your starting poing NSG...see you at the top smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
No e-copy smiley
evolg:
I read d excerpt on ur blog...it's captivating..i must say. I'd prefer d e-copy, is dia any provision for dt?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2016
Here if you are in Lagos http:///1RsrOEq or http://www.dealdey.com/deals/29-single-nigerian if you are outside Lagos
Stevostical:
Nice one NSG, first saw this on your page on FB, by the way the cover page seems cool, I will sure read this book, where can I get it if I may ask?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thanks dear
ammyluv2002:
Wow! Great cover

Congrats and all the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thank you so much
Adortem:
NSG,I am your big fan,so glad you finally wrote a book,the comic relief in your write-ups always stand you out. Keep the energy up NSG. Thumbs up.

2 Likes

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thank you so much
truthalways:
The sky is only your starting poing NSG...see you at the top smiley

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Lero15(m): 5:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
Nairaland cool
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by darkenkach(m): 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
Are you still looking for a job?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
Yes. But if it sells well, I won't have to...
darkenkach:
Are you still looking for a job?

3 Likes

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by indoorlove(m): 5:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
I am one of big fan. though i hardly comment but I personally admire your write up. keep it up

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Atk01(f): 6:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
Wow! That's great. Congratulations, Naijasinglegirl. smiley Is this a one-off thing or you plan to keep writing?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by jideprof: 7:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
congratulations, can't wait to obtain a copy as soon as am in lagos. which bookshop can i buy one around ojota/ketu ?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Funjosh(m): 7:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congratulations dear, More and more of it. smiley

Please when are you becoming double

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by sholay2011(m): 7:21pm On Mar 19, 2016
Lalasticlala...front page pls.

@OP...Congrats! And great cover and interesting excerpt.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Jazmiynne: 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
Wow congrats girl! Nairaland Nairaland.... Making things happen!
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by stevebond007(m): 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
A mutual friend of my brother and i got me reading you,
But your anonymousity is ... well understandable, please whatsapp me,
And you will be single no more.

5 Likes

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by mitchyy(f): 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
Nice one. Keep it up girl. The sky's your limit smiley

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by henrydadon(m): 7:50pm On Mar 19, 2016
NSG u know u cant be bigger than u are..if only u stop being anonymous..biko..we are tired of this ur hiding.. angry ..or do u have skeleton in ur cupboard

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My University Experience / In Four Sentences, Write A Short Romantic Story. / Exploring Connection Between Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave And The Truman Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.