Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland (25753 Views)

As A Self-published Author, How Do You Build An Audience Of Die Hard Readers? / Michelle Nkamankeng, The Youngest Published Author In Africa (PHOTOS) / If You Were Asked To Write A Book About Your Life, What Would The Title Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by JAZES(m): 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
@naijasinglegirl,
Congrats, I always love your post. Try and run an ad here on nairaland with a link to d order page, trust me folks will buy. Cheers

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by eminent007(m): 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

If anyone has any questions related to self-publishing, ask and I'll try to respond to all of them.

I do have but I wish it could be on a more private forum.

Let me know what you think.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by justmenoni: 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
EG viviangist,ladyf,ngeneukwenu,introvert( dat one Don kuku go exile)

tylerbraid:
This should inspire the "FTC mongers" & anti-patriotic youths do something better with there lives. More blessings on you.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by lacreamieboie(m): 8:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hi NSG, congratulations and more of this! Pls, kindly attach a list of bookshops we can get a copy from and I think you should start working on an international recognition for this great job! Media publicity would do a great job! The cover page alone would keep selling the book, the title is just so on point... and m just so happy for u.

I don't know u before... but work hard on this job!

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by ShitHead(m): 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I want to use this opportunity to thank those of you who always had nice things to say each time I published a post here. Especially those who thought I would make a good author someday.
Every time I post a 'job hunting experience', most of reprimanded me to stop wasting my time submitting job applications when I had something bigger in me, you urged me to monetise my talent. A few of you even called me 'Chimamanda' which is very flattering.

The good news is, I finally did it! Not only did I write, I got published which is every writer's dream. My book was made available in print this week and the reviews I am getting makes me really happy.

When I started out last year, I literally slept on Nairaland. This is where I came to look for information on Nigerian editors, authors, p graphic designers, publishers and the process of obtaining an ISBN number. Nairaland was truly one of my biggest sources for information and I could not help but mention it in a few chapters in my fictional novel.

Anyway, I don't want to trail from the purpose of this post. This is me saying a big thank you to everyone who supported me here. Moderators et all. (Including you, Seun).
I know a lot of budding authors are reading this I want this post to inspire them. I read something similar to this seven months ago that forced me to seat up.

If anyone has any questions related to self-publishing, ask and I'll try to respond to all of them.

Congratulations. I need to ask some questions via email. May I?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by AirstarKane(f): 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congrats. This is lovely. I love the cover page. Keep it up. You are very unique no doubt about that smiley

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Pennah(m): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
Thank you so much
your post had given me more reason to continue my writing but I don't know how to get my books published

hoping that you'll help
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Jonwesley(m): 8:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=phonesNgadgets post=43924445]Big ups. Congratulations to you. This is just the beginning of your success story. Go girl! [/quote

Who told she is girl, open your eyes here o!.

The front page design is cool. That face or eyes look like Kate Henshaw.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by pendusky(m): 8:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I want to use this opportunity to thank those of you who always had nice things to say each time I published a post here. Especially those who thought I would make a good author someday.
Every time I post a 'job hunting experience', most of reprimanded me to stop wasting my time submitting job applications when I had something bigger in me, you urged me to monetise my talent. A few of you even called me 'Chimamanda' which is very flattering.

The good news is, I finally did it! Not only did I write, I got published which is every writer's dream. My book was made available in print this week and the reviews I am getting makes me really happy.

When I started out last year, I literally slept on Nairaland. This is where I came to look for information on Nigerian editors, authors, p graphic designers, publishers and the process of obtaining an ISBN number. Nairaland was truly one of my biggest sources for information and I could not help but mention it in a few chapters in my fictional novel.

Anyway, I don't want to trail from the purpose of this post. This is me saying a big thank you to everyone who supported me here. Moderators et all. (Including you, Seun).
I know a lot of budding authors are reading this I want this post to inspire them. I read something similar to this seven months ago that forced me to seat up.

I need one.. Where can I order it?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
Here is a photo of the cover page and an excerpt of my novel here. http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/3869-2/

Where can I buy?
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Pecca: 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
I write crime fictions and I have a few manuscripts( completed & uncompleted) put away. My dream of becoming a published writer was cut short by Spectrum Books. Their conditions was quite discouraging then. give me your publishers' link. Who knows, I may just un-earth my manuscripts ie if their conditions are favourable. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by shamecurls(m): 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
Brilliant

More grease to your elbow
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by blackb2(m): 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Tif
U want take credit shey angry

No, that's not the file format... It's jpg
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by viktagorion: 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
Kudos to you and congratulations.

I'm a huge fan of yours.

Keep it up girl,

You are going places.

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 8:27pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thank you. I will smiley
JAZES:
@naijasinglegirl,
Congrats, I always love your post. Try and run an ad here on nairaland with a link to d order page, trust me folks will buy. Cheers
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl . . congrats. . im a young writer and currently writing a sci-fi novel. . i plan to monetize it. . . i would very much like you to teach me. . . lead me. . direct me. . .

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by don4real18(m): 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

Teach me all you know about self-publishing and you could be inspiring a Nairaland Wole Soyinka

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by birdie: 8:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congrats NSG, perhaps you can share your views with me, am also about publishing my first book: The Chibok Girls!

I need assistance with graphic artists, publishers and marketers.

Thanks.

Steve.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 8:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
Pecca:
I write crime fictions and I have a few manuscripts( completed & uncompleted) put away. My dream of becoming a published writer was cut short by Spectrum Books. Their conditions was quite discouraging then. give me your publishers' link. Who knows, I may just un-earth my manuscripts ie if their conditions are favourable. Thanks.
Please contact them here. harmonypublishing.com.ng/what-we-do/

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by seedsower(m): 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
Am not the reading type but after going through the extract you posted on ur blog. I will buy a copy!
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by birdie: 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congrats NSG,
please I'll appreciate your guidance on publishing, marketing and graphic artistry, am an author in waiting for my book - THE CHIBOK GIRLS!
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by birdie: 8:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congrats NSG,
please I'll appreciate your guidance on publishing, marketing and graphic artistry, am an author in waiting for my book - THE CHIBOK GIRLS!

Pin:33347314
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by shumuel(m): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

Congrats grin ,but why is there no E-copy sad some of us are now used to reading with devices, you know.

Kikiki Lol, so you won't be naggling at Yaba again grin Happy for you wink
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by kubrat(f): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
There's this thing about ur write up that makes one read on,the comic relief and the diction.really happy for u.And I think nothing stops you from getting a bigger hob and continue writing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Dbisector(m): 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:

what's the name of the book and how can one get it
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Caspian22(m): 8:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
I am happy for you, naijasinglegirl. You are a wonderful writer and hardworking person, so u deserve it.

Baba, please one day let it me my turn..
pick up, pick up!

2 Likes

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
Congrats NSG.

I also published my first print book in 2014.

Guess what? The first chapter of that book was a Nairaland post on academic success I made in 2008. I later converted that post to a standard article, and it later formed Chapter 1 of my book.

4 Likes

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Naijasinglegirl: 8:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
http://www.naijasinglegirl.com I have detailed the process there. My shopify link and dealdey link is there.
Dbisector:
what's the name of the book and how can one get it
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Ralphlauren(m): 8:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
Here if you are in Lagos http:///1RsrOEq or http://www.dealdey.com/deals/29-single-nigerian if you are outside Lagos

Is this available for purchase on iBooks? If not, you should consider that option.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by goldfish80(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
You are one very good writer. Am always glued to my device each time I come across your threads. I have mad Love for you girl, you rock!
Will check out the link to get the PDF.

1 Like

Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by Pecca: 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
Please contact them here. harmonypublishing.com.ng/what-we-do/
thanks.
Re: I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland by bigtt76(f): 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
Dealdey keh? Issssorite o! Why not look to publishing on Amazon Kindle? Lots of folks would love e-copies. Nice one dear

Naijasinglegirl:
Here if you are in Lagos http:///1RsrOEq or http://www.dealdey.com/deals/29-single-nigerian if you are outside Lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

As You Lay Your Bed, So You Lie On It. / My University Experience / In Four Sentences, Write A Short Romantic Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.