Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award (11186 Views)

Senator Kashamu Mobbed As He Sprays Money At A High Profile Wedding In Ogun.PICS / Tribunal Nullifies The Election Of Buruji Kashamu / Re: Kashamu Sponsors Bill On Mental Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by patiot: 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2016
*Donates to Redeem Christian church

The International Association of Lions Clubs, District 404 B1 Nigeria, has conferred the 2015/2016 'Lifetime Community Service of the Year’ Award on the Senator representing Ogun-East Senatorial District and Chairman, Kasmal Group of Companies, Senator Buruji Kashamu,for his humanitarian activities and exemplary leadership.

The award, which was presented by the club at the 2015/2016 Elders/Founders Day celebration held in Abeokuta today (19/03/2015), was received on his behalf by the former Chairman, Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) in Ogun State and the State Coordinator of Omoilu Foundation,Comrade Niyi Osoba.

It was gathered that Senator Kashamu was chosen for the award alongside other eminent Nigerians.

Eight categories of awards were given out to renowned philanthropists and leaders. They included Community Service Award, Pillar of Service Award, Hallmark of Service Award, Service per Excellence Award, Passion for Service Award, Emerging Leadership Award, Post-Homous Award, Lifetime Community Service Award and Icon of Service Award.

While the Icon of Service Award was given to the doyen of the Accounting profession, Akintola Williams, the Lifetime Community Service Award was bagged by Senator Buruji Kashamu and Senator Ibikunle Amosun, the Governor of Ogun State.

The Community Service Award was given to Chief (Mrs) Folashade Tinubu-Ojo and Otunba John Olumide Osunsina, who was the chairman of the occasion.

Attesting to why Senator Kashamu deserved this honour, the Lions Club said, " In the first quarter of this year alone, unknown to many, Senator Buruji Kashamu touched the lives of very many people from politics to business, and even ordinary Nigerians. He added that Senator Kashamu had over the last 10 years made donations to about 5,000 elderly senior citizens as allowances. Scholarships were also awarded to indigent students of Ogun State in various higher institutions of learning."

Comrade Osoba described Senator Buruji Kashamu as a leader with exemplary philanthropic prowess in the class of the late politician and business mogul,Chief M. K. O Abiola.

Osoba assured of Senator Buruji Kashamu's support for the Club and promised that a substantial amount of money shall be donated to support the ongoing Eye Centre project at the General Hospital, Badagry, that is being built by the Club.

Many dignitaries and members of Omoilu Foundation, particularly from the Ogun Central Senatorial District, trooped out in large number to honour Senator Kashamu, who is the chairman of the Foundation.

In a related development, Senator Kashamu has donated the sum of N500,000 to the Redeemed Christian of God (RCCG), Jehovah's Parish, Light's Chapel Area, Province ‎12, Mosan-Ipaja, Lagos.

It was at the fund-raising for the building of a church auditorium.

Senator Kashamu was represented at the occasion by Mr. Tunde Makanjuola, the deputy governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ogun State.

Makanjuola reiterated Senator Kashamu's continuous support for the things of God and those that will uplift humanity "as long as he lives"

1 Like

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by HungerBAD: 10:17pm On Mar 19, 2016
What? And herein lies my problem with Churches in Nigeria.

So a known drug peddler can actually try to buy favor from God?and the church will willingly accept drug money?

Reminds me of the Chief Accountant of the Sheraton Hotel, who stole almost 300 Million Naira and gave all to the Christ Embassy.

If not for the threat of sending Pastor Chris to jail by a judge,he first refused to return the money.

Churches in Nigeria have gone to the guttters.

Well,all except my Church the Mountain of Fire and Miracle.

11 Likes

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by olaboy33(m): 10:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
For where he see am....how much hin use buy am
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by olaboy33(m): 10:21pm On Mar 19, 2016
For where he see am....how much hin use buy am....wetin hin wan use am do...........................

Lifetime achievement indeed.....after destroying millions of lives with drugs...

1 Like

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by dokunbam(m): 10:10am On Mar 20, 2016
olaboy33:
For where he see am....how much hin use buy am

Don't mind them
Yeye people

Nigerians celebrating criminals since 1960

5 Likes

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by espn(m): 10:13am On Mar 20, 2016
Na today..men deceiving men all because of what to eat!!

1 Like

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by sirklin(m): 10:15am On Mar 20, 2016
HungerBAD:

So a known drug peddler can actually try to buy favor from God?and the church will willingly accept drug money?

Reminds of the Chief Accountant of the Sheraton Hotel, who stole almost 300 Million Naira and gave all to the Christ Embassy.

If not for the threat of sending Pastor Chris to jail by a judge,he first refused to return the money.

It's obvious people like you existed in the bible. They stood from afar and looked at Christ make friends with 'known' liars, prostitues and tax collectors. Change your mentality. MFM won't guarantee you a seat in heaven

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by Pavore9: 10:17am On Mar 20, 2016
No be today!
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by thefakestan: 10:18am On Mar 20, 2016
Congratulations to him!

ThefakeStan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by jesse515: 10:18am On Mar 20, 2016
HungerBAD:

Reminds of the Chief Accountant of the Sheraton Hotel, who stole almost 300 Million Naira and gave all to the Christ Embassy.

Here in lies my problem wit zombies n apc supporters: u call kashamu a drug peddler n u call tinubu a chieftain of apc.

Condemn wat is bad n stop mentioning churches. Later wen Christians will be persecuted, d persecuters don't care if u ar catholic or Anglican or mfm or Christ Embassy. Saints exist were dia demons same as ur church. Besides Jesus dined wit sinners not wit saints like u n oda APC saints.

Why d double ssandard?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by ichommy(m): 10:18am On Mar 20, 2016
Buruji Kashamu Baba cheesy
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by Drversatile: 10:19am On Mar 20, 2016
Which way Nigeria ...?
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by ajasa4link: 10:24am On Mar 20, 2016
Hmmmm...... BURUJI KASHAMU, the only rich man that will never dream of holidaying in AMERICA..... grin

3 Likes

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by Realist5: 10:27am On Mar 20, 2016
(PRINCE)
As in Prince of Drug Baron?

Celebrating criminals in Nigeria...America is inviting you for a lifetime jail.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by colossus2: 10:30am On Mar 20, 2016
Why old men and women dey squat

1 Like

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by Ghost447(m): 10:37am On Mar 20, 2016
jesse515:

Here in lies my problem wit zombies n apc supporters: u call kashamu a drug peddler n u call tinubu a chieftain of apc.

Condemn wat is bad n stop mentioning churches. Later wen Christians will be persecuted, d persecuters don't care if u ar catholic or Anglican or mfm or Christ Embassy. Saints exist were dia demons same as ur church. Besides Jesus dined wit sinners not wit saints like u n oda APC saints.

Why d double ssandard?
God bless you plenty.
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by dearsly(m): 10:44am On Mar 20, 2016
[s]
HungerBAD:

[/s]
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by Dahveydson(m): 10:46am On Mar 20, 2016
LOL

Welcome to Nigeria, where drug dealers are celebrated and looters are glorified.

Why won't you love Nigeria...
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by makdcash(m): 11:03am On Mar 20, 2016
Only GOD can JUDGE grin
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by senatorbayor(m): 11:04am On Mar 20, 2016
HungerBAD:

Thank God you are not God!

How much have you donated to uplift the life of those around you Mr saint?
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by ejisun53(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2016
Na waooooo anything as long as the money de. In the name of _____ amen.
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by popesam1(m): 11:19am On Mar 20, 2016
In Olamide voice: tin ba ti n bo kema kimi ti ashamu, afobaje ni mi buruji kashamu

1 Like

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by birmingham04: 11:39am On Mar 20, 2016
HungerBAD:

My church likes in giving than receiving. Synagogue church of all nations. My Prophet is the most powerful and most philanthropist man of God living now. God bless you Prophet TB Joshua. We are the sons and daughters of love. Let Love Lead. Watch Dstv 390 or Gotv 82 to confirm what am saying.
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by ODUBEZE: 11:44am On Mar 20, 2016
dokunbam:

Don't mind them
Yeye people

Nigerians celebrating criminals since 1960
no mind them if to say na China, instead of award na death sentence them go give am!
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
hmmn

1 Like

Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by gungab(m): 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2016
hmmm d Nigerian gustavo
Re: Senator Kashamu Bags Lifetime Community Service Award by akigbemaru: 6:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
Baraju Bags award from church a midst drug charges.

(1) (Reply)

APC Lied! Our Convention Wasn’t Marred With Vote Buying – PDP / Ahmad Lawan Reveals Why Opposition Senators Support Him / War Between Ezza And Effium In Ebonyi: Women And Children On The Run (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.