Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? (40730 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Claim To Be So Devoutly Christian When They Are So Clearly Not? / Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Indeed! This Is The Last Time. The Breakdown Of Luke 21:25-27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 20, 2016
Still A Christian, When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These?

Some will say, it's not 'works' but 'grace'. The same Grace Jesus had yet He worked all day and night for His Father.

If you call yourself a "Christian" and haven't done some or all of these, 3 things are involved;

- You are backslidden.

- Your church doesn't really teach stuff like these or...

- You have chosen to ignore the demands/promptings of the Holy Spirit.

If you are (or really, badly want to be) a true disciple of Jesus, these seven things should not be far-fetched from your habits:

1. Evangelizing

I laugh when I hear people, 'My money can be used to preach the gospel, as for me, No Time!" Yes, you can't preach globally, what about those sinners around you? Your siblings? Friends? Neighbours? This is the GREAT COMMISION for ALL! You drink or sleep with them but can't preach to them. lipsrsealed

2. Praying for those who don't want you to succeed.

In a world of ours, 'anyone against my progress, DIE BY FIRE', is now the norm. Is this only what Jesus taught us? There is more to prayer than "FALL down and DIE!!!" Prayer for others is a mystery that reminds God of our own needs.

3. Loving Our "Haters"

I still remember that doing so "will HEAP COAL OF FIRE on their heads" as the Bible puts it. When was the last time you showed mercy to the merciless? Do you testify in church just because your prayers in rendering an innocent man a widower was answered? What of apologizing even when you're palpably right.

4. Really read your Bible

It's true, "social media sites are gradually stealing away God's people". I have been guilty sometimes too. If only you can spend half the time you spend on Facebook, BBM and whatsapp! This BOOK will keep you from sin and sin will keep you from this BOOK - Immortal John Bunyan. Each time I've fallen, I wasn't reading my Bible. sad

5. Gave God an ample sum of money and didn't announce it.

You'll see people give with one hand and broadcast with the other. Little wonder, the seed fails to reproduce maximally.

6. Humble yourself enough to sit wherever the usher asks you to.

The usher sef, her shoe and appearance aren't as commanding as yours and she wants to command you to sit in the front row. I even kneemw when she started this church and gave her life to Christ. Hmm

7. Pray till you had an heavenly experience

I have come to understand as a Christian, 'you are as weak or strong as your prayer life". Of course, I'm not talking about, "Gimmie gimmie kinda prayer". A prayer of Consecration or Dedication always and have proven to be more powerful than the rest.

Mid-week services and Cell fellowship are OUT of some folk's programme. They may be leaders in church yet so busy to do the First works- First Love.

When was the last time you spent quality time with your Father? Not in church but alone. This is a question for all of us.

#Godbless##Goodmorning#

232 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by chiefolododo(m): 12:11am On Mar 20, 2016
May God help us oo

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Lekan111(m): 1:21am On Mar 20, 2016
These are the basis of our faith may God give us grace to carry them out diligently

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by VampireeM(f): 1:29am On Mar 20, 2016
I really need to step up...

#GodIsAwesome smiley

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 20, 2016
Lekan111:
These are the basis of our faith may God give us grace to carry them out diligently
Amen o

8 Likes

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by malvisguy212: 5:40am On Mar 20, 2016
emusmith:

Some will say, it's not 'works' but 'grace'. The same Grace Jesus had yet He worked all day and night for His Father.
you are mistaken my friend. Jesus is NOT working to be save, He is showing the Evidence of a saving faith. The unsave are working hard to please God, whereas the save is resting on the Work of another (jesus). You cannot show that you are saved without
works (James 2:14,18). To prove your faith is genuine, you need to show the evidence of your faith.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 5:41am On Mar 20, 2016
malvisguy212:
you are mistaken my friend. Jesus is NOT working to be save, He is showing the Evidence of a saving faith. The unsave are working hard to please God, whereas the save is resting on the Work of another (jesus). You cannot show that you are saved without
works (James 2:14,18). To prove your faith is genuine, you need to show the evidence of your faith.
bla bla bla

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by malvisguy212: 5:41am On Mar 20, 2016
emusmith:
bla bla bla
alright.

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by DebbyChris(f): 6:47am On Mar 20, 2016
Hmm God help me especially with that number 1.

2 Likes

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by HIbreed(m): 7:13am On Mar 20, 2016
Qualitative piece. The evangelising part is a must by every christians.

5 Likes

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 20, 2016
DebbyChris:
Hmm God help me especially with that number 1.
We all tho sad
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 20, 2016
HIbreed:
Qualitative piece. The evangelising part is a must by every christians.
I believe, that's the signet for a True child of God.

2 Likes

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by hezy4real01(m): 7:20am On Mar 20, 2016
No one is perfect, we pray for more grace to do His will

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by HIbreed(m): 7:21am On Mar 20, 2016
emusmith:
I believe, that's the signet for a True child of God.
Yes!
***** When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require from your hand. But if you on your part warn a wicked man to turn from his way and he does not turn from his way, he will die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your life.
-Ezekiel 33:8,9
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 20, 2016
HIbreed:

Yes!
***** When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require from your hand. But if you on your part warn a wicked man to turn from his way and he does not turn from his way, he will die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your life.
-Ezekiel 33:8,9
The funny thing is: "Blood being required at your hand" is still not clear to most of us.
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 20, 2016
hezy4real01:
No one is perfect, we pray for more grace to do His will
Amen bro

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by shumuel(m): 8:46am On Mar 20, 2016
emusmith:

If you call yourself a "Christian" and haven't done some or all of these, 3 things are involved;

- You are backslidden.

If you are (or really, badly want to be) a true disciple of Jesus, these seven things should not be far-fetched from your habits:

1. Evangelizing

I laugh when I hear people, 'My money can be used to preach the gospel, as for me, No Time!" Yes, you can't preach globally, what about those sinners around you? Your siblings? Friends? Neighbours? This is the GREAT COMMISION for ALL! You drink or sleep with them but can't preach to them. lipsrsealed

In a world of ours, 'anyone against my progress, DIE BY FIRE', is now the norm. Is this only what Jesus taught us? There is more to prayer than "FALL down and DIE!!!" Prayer for others is a mystery that reminds God of our own needs.

3. Loving Our "Haters"

I still remember that doing so "will HEAP COAL OF FIRE on their heads" as the Bible puts it. When was the last time you showed mercy to the merciless? Do you testify in church just because your prayers in rendering an innocent man a widower was answered? What of apologizing even when you're palpably right.

It's true, "social media sites are gradually stealing away God's people". I have been guilty sometimes too. If only you can spend half the time you spend on Facebook, BBM and whatsapp! This BOOK will keep you from sin and sin will keep you from this BOOK - Immortal John Bunyan. Each time I've fallen, I wasn't reading my Bible. sad

You'll see people give with one hand and broadcast with the other. Little wonder, the seed fails to reproduce maximally.

The usher sef, her shoe and appearance aren't as commanding as yours and she wants to command you to sit in the front row. I even kneemw when she started this church and gave her life to Christ. Hmm

I have come to understand as a Christian, 'you are as weak or strong as your prayer life". Of course, I'm not talking about, "Gimmie gimmie kinda prayer". A prayer of Consecration or Dedication always and have proven to be more powerful than the rest.

Mid-week services and Cell fellowship are OUT of some folk's programme. They may be leaders in church yet so busy to do the First works- First Love.

When was the last time you spent quality time with your Father? Not in church but alone. This is a question for all of us.

#Godbless##Goodmorning#

All sad expect No6, for pete's sake am not a chess piece, so i sit where i want to, those ushers get wahala, they would cleary see you are with someone but would decide to separate you, i don't like that.

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 20, 2016
shumuel:

All sad expect No6, for pete's sake am not a chess piece, so i sit where i want to, those ushers get wahala, they would cleary see you are with someone but would decide to separate you, i don't like that.
haha @ the separating part

2 Likes

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by shumuel(m): 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
emusmith:
haha @ the separating part

Yeah, it happens a lot, mostly if am with a female friend, and she the usher had been trying all to get my attention grin

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
shumuel:

Yeah, it happens a lot, mostly if am with a female friend, and she the usher had been trying all to get my attention grin
haha...I see your point undecided
End Time Usher lol

2 Likes

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by shumuel(m): 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
emusmith:
haha...I see your point undecided End Time Usher lol

kikiki Lol grin the guys do it too, i just love sitting where i feel like.
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by analice107: 5:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
emusmith:

- You are backslidden.

1. Evangelizing

3. Loving Our "Haters"

#Godbless##Goodmorning#
Wow. Brother this is so good. We need this every now and then. Thank you.
But let's look at one point again. The "Works/Grace" you mentioned. Sorry sir, What the Bible refers to as works has no bearing with what you listed. If I engage in all of these, I still have not worked to attain salvation. I would have attained salvation before all you listed.
What you listed is known as Stewardship. Our services for God.
Works here, is what you do to obtain something. And it has to do with redemption. The very first point of call, before anything else. No man can obtain salvation based on what you can do.
Let's consider Psalms 49:7-8 (KJV) None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him.
8. For the redemption of their soul is precious and it ceaseth for ever.
From the above scriptures, we know that;
1. Humans can't redeem themselves or each other.
2. Redemption is done once and it "Ceaseth" forever.

Redemption is a spiritual exercise, no mortal can do it.
This is what the Bible refers to as "WORKS". It says, we didn't come to christ by doing any thing to qualify us. But it is free.
"GRACE" here refers to that state where, u don't qualify, yet you are brought in anyway. Let's see
Romans 8: 30. Moreover, whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he JUSTIFIED (Gave the grace), and whom he justified, them he also glorified. In this matter, you played no part.
And Jesus never worked for salvation. His name is Salvation. For he shall save the world from sin.
Shalom.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by SlimBrawnie(f): 5:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
I do all,whenever the opportunity comes

2 Likes

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by MoneypassGod(m): 5:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
I will start doing these, first I need to stop visiting the romance and sexuality section.

1 Like

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Ada9103(f): 5:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
My dear op been long.......God save me from karashika
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
grin

2 Likes

Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ada9103:
My dear op been long.......God save me from karashika

Male karashika grin
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by franksonautos(m): 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
emusmith:
The funny thing is: "Blood being required at your hand" is still not clear to most of us.
it simply means the singer's blood is on ur account and on ur blame for not preaching the gospel to him. His blood there symbolizes error and a victim of circumstances... which ur preaching of the gospel of Jesus could have helped
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by successking401(m): 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
k
Re: Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? by JohnsonEmma(m): 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Guilty of almost all of them. God help me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benin Pastors Visit Destiny Eguavoen's Church After Attack By Traditionalists / Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God / Pastor Adeboye Arrested & Ordered To Do Frog Jump - Endtime Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.