Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,169 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt (14510 Views)

Daniel, The Tallest Corper At Enugu NYSC Orientation Camp (Photos) / Corper Protects Herself From Mosquitoes At Niger State NYSC Camp (Photo) / Meet The Small Sized Corper At Ebonyi State NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 6:30am On Mar 20, 2016
Assalamu Alaikum, Good morning. As a member of the Muslim Corp Members in Rivers State, we went toNYSC camp to try and prepare the mosque for incoming corp members. However, I took the opportunity to get some shots of the camp for incoming corp members. I hope its informative and educative enough. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 6:31am On Mar 20, 2016
This is the entrance to the camp. The sign post was constructed by a corp member. If you are thinking of something to do for NYSC. That is a good one

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 6:34am On Mar 20, 2016
The security post once you enter the gate of the camp. That is where you would normally start your registration and the security would search your belongings for any unwanted item

2 Shares

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 6:36am On Mar 20, 2016
The path to the registration hall, hostels and other parts of camp

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 6:40am On Mar 20, 2016
The office of the OBS. Its Orientation Broadcasting Service. Its the Radio Station on Camp and are mostly in charge of Public Address Systems during any event. The other side of the office is where you register your bank details and also the other section is where you get your first allawee and your transport and bicycle allowance

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 6:41am On Mar 20, 2016
The corp statue at the front of the OBS.

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 6:45am On Mar 20, 2016
This is the pavillion. It is the parade ground. It is supposed to be a 4500 capacity stadium. But you would know its actual capacity when you get to camp. This is where you meet with the soldiers almost every day. Most of the activities of corp members are either at the parade ground or the registration hall.

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 6:49am On Mar 20, 2016
The clinic. Well, the doctors are also corp members and some doctors who are not corp members. So please just stay healthy in Camp.

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 6:53am On Mar 20, 2016
The SAED Office. Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development. An Initiative to help corp members become self-reliant. Also during the 2015/2016 Batch B, there was a business proposal contest where corp members won cash price. If you are interested, you could start your business plan now before you get to camp. Who knows, you might just be the lucky winner.

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 6:55am On Mar 20, 2016
Pathway to the registration hall, mosque and church from the pavilion.

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 6:58am On Mar 20, 2016
The registration hall. Most sensitization programs take place in this hall. You also start your registration here. Do expect it to be full to the brim when you arrive camp

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 7:00am On Mar 20, 2016
More pictures of the registration hall

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 7:05am On Mar 20, 2016
The soldiers lodge. Well the settings is the same as the hostels. I was not able to get to the hostels to take shots. But they are essentially the same

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by oglalasioux(m): 7:05am On Mar 20, 2016
Is this a weather beaten primary school?

And it's in one of the richest states in Nigeria.
Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 7:08am On Mar 20, 2016
MCAN mosque and the ablution center. Our main reason of visiting the camp

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 7:11am On Mar 20, 2016
The church structures in Camp. A lot needs to be done for our religious homes in Camp. Both mosque and church

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 7:14am On Mar 20, 2016
oglalasioux:
Is this a weather beaten primary school?

And it's in one of the richest states in Nigeria.

Some corp members are actually living in camp now. Just the way you see it. Forget the issue of richest state my guy

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 7:19am On Mar 20, 2016
A few hostel pictures

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 7:22am On Mar 20, 2016
The MAMI market. But the structure will look completely different by the time you get to camp. This is mostly where you spend more of your money. If you want to stay rich in camp, stay away from the MAMI market

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 7:25am On Mar 20, 2016
Some items that can be bought at cheap prices from the MCAN mosque when you get to camp.

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 7:26am On Mar 20, 2016
Some extra pictures just for youuuuuuuuuuuu

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 7:28am On Mar 20, 2016
Also for any questions you might have concerning serving in Rivers State, do please drop your questions here. I would try my best to give an idea of what I know. Thanks for your time

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by AbdulbasitD123: 12:34am On Jan 12, 2018
Thanks alot brother. You've been of great help.
But i would like to ask about the accommodation and d cost of living in rivers. Hope it isnt pocket drenching

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2018
AbdulbasitD123:
Thanks alot brother. You've been of great help.
But i would like to ask about the accommodation and d cost of living in rivers. Hope it isnt pocket drenching

Well, that depends a lot on where you are coming from and where you plan to stay in Rivers. Port Harcourt is the highest with surrounding areas less expensive.

Cost of living is really relative and I must say that is quiet fair
Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by Emmanuel950(m): 5:35pm On Jan 13, 2018
Posted to rivers for camp but will be serving in Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by azibit: 7:18am On Jan 18, 2018
Emmanuel950:
Posted to rivers for camp but will be serving in Akwa Ibom

Wishing you all the very best
Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by Treasure17(m): 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2018
Not that bad compare with that yikpata camp in kwara
Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by epospiky(m): 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2018
Azibit. How much will it cost in total, to get there from Abuja?
Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by renaissance(m): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2018
Thank you for the pictures... I am going to Rivers camp but I'm gonna serve in Lagos state....Therefore, is it possible for me to receive the first cash allowance at the camp?......
Re: My Visit To The Rivers State NYSC Orientation Camp, Nonwa-gbam, Tai Local Govt by Opiskyposh7(m): 10:37am On Mar 11, 2021
Good morning, I am about to serve at that area and I have seen the pictures, how is the accommodation and other basic needs like

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advice On NYSC Redeployment/relocation / NYSC 2016 B Stream 2: Things You Must Take Along To NYSC Camp To Avoid Stress / Corpers - We Wasted One Year Serving Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.