Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! - Romance (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! (70722 Views)

Good Ere On How To Know A Gay: ''IF Your Boyfriend Doesn't Have Side Chick... " / My Boyfriend Doesn't Have Time For Me / Can You Date A Guy Who Doesn't Have Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by yemsai(f): 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
olac21:

Indeed,many are mad but......(Stop being a retard girl,it won't add anything to your life)
U are madder.....mtchew
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by harveyspec: 5:56pm On Mar 21, 2016
lastnogood:

And yes, my father had a 3 bedroom flat and a car when he married my mom, she gave birth to me 10 months later in a nice comfortable home. Haven both of them worked and toiled, they now own several homes and travel to the Caribbean every month with their grandchildren. That is being made. That is success, being able to do the things you want with the people you love. Being able to provide a safe and comfortable place for your family to live in is called being responsible. Learner...

Please did your grand father either maternal or paternal have a 3bedroom apartment & car before getting married ?

I ask because if you dad could have those things before marriage, most likely he came from a comfortable background, someone had to pay the price along the line!!

A level 8 graduate with the civil service whose salary is 80k per month, shouldn't get married if he is able to live within his means, just because he doesn't own his own apartment.

The Op even stressed that the apartment must be a rented one, my God!!

Car is a luxury here in this part of the world not in developed countries. Why should I buy a car when I can move around comfortably in a train?

There are folks who will never own a house or stay in a 3bedroom flats, it's not a curse but reality of life, everyone has its level

owning a house or car should NEVER be a yardstick in marriage decision (it's a nice to have but it is never a must have quality)

The keyword is living within ones means & being able to take care of someone else.

3 Likes

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by thundafire: 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
Vinshu:

You realize you cannot compare a government worker in Nigeria with an Entrepreneur in Europe! Can you compare? My currency alone is bigger than yours. Perhaps you don't know who you quoting. Again, get a life.

Speaking of a house, yes i do have a house. Our government is sooooo good that every working class person is entitled to housing. I bet your government couldn't do that for you thats why you all run down here.

u stay out 2 make noise nd compare ursef 2 me wat do u take me 4 or bcus i do come here on NL 4 ur low class 2 talk trash
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by lastnogood(f): 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
harveyspec:

Please did your grand father either maternal or paternal have a 3bedroom apartment & car before getting married ?

I ask because if you dad could have those things before marriage, most likely he came from a comfortable background, someone had to pay the price along the line!!

A level 8 graduate with the civil service whose salary is 80k per month, shouldn't get married if he is able to live within his means, just because he doesn't own his own apartment.

The Op even stressed that the apartment must be a rented one, my God!!

Car is a luxury here in this part of the world not in developed countries. Why should I buy a car when I can move around comfortably in a train?

There are folks who will never own a house or stay in a 3bedroom flats, it's not a curse but reality of life, everyone has its level

owning a house or car should NEVER be a yardstick in marriage decision (it's a nice to have but it is never a must have quality)

The keyword is living within ones means & being able to take care of someone else.

My grandfather was an orphan who lost his mother at age of 5 and his father at the age of 8, he was raised by his grandmother who passed when he was 11, so at that point he had to leave school and start out on life alone with no family.

He hustled, took a trade of carpentry and cleaning laboratories in the university lab. That's where he met my grandmother. And when he presented himself to marry her, this orphan, aged 26, amassed all his savings and took it to her parents. He paid the entire wedding and took her into his 2 bedroom flat. And he lived in a so called third world country.

They had 6 children, adopted another 5, who they paid for all their schooling. My grandfather is in his eighties now and just blessed his 27th great grandchild. So no, my family wasn't rich. But I truly believe that if one has ambition, is serious and isn't lazy, he can and will find a way... Full Stop!

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by iyke2k4(m): 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
lastnogood:

Lol my friend, as I said, that isn't being made. That is what any capable grown person should be able to accomplish with their own hands before marriage. Talk less of a man, who normally gets paid at least 25% more in salary than his female counterpart.

Only lazy, non ambitious and unserious men would find this expectation a real challenge or setback. We are talking about marriage here, so by extension you are talking about your future children. If your wife takes in on your honeymoon, you'll expect her to put to bed in your one room flat? Ok, have you ever gone to work after being in the same room as a crying baby? You don't even take your own health seriously lol. I pity you undecided

And yes, my father had a 3 bedroom flat and a car when he married my mom, she gave birth to me 10 months later in a nice comfortable home. Haven both of them worked and toiled, they now own several homes and travel to the Caribbean every month with their grandchildren. That is being made. That is success, being able to do the things you want with the people you love. Being able to provide a safe and comfortable place for your family to live in is called being responsible. Learner...

are you married? If no, you are yet to face reality. That your dad was successful before marrying your mum, isn't an assurance yours must start that Way.

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Vikky014(f): 7:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
chai i came very late .op wht type of mentality do u have?
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by manie(m): 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
sukkot:
bros you be real MVP. i like the house. looks very british. cute house. bros how much did it cost to build that house ? if you are not comfortable telling me its OK.

Between N2 million to N2.5 should be able to complete that house with moderate finishing.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by manie(m): 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
Rotentina:

I bought the bricks at the rate of #180 as at 2014, and I bought 2000 pcs........!!! But as at today, it goes for 230 per one.

I spent roughly 150k from foundation to the level and I spent 260k for the roofing, I spent 60k on the ceiling, yet to finish, and 40k on the flooring, yet to finish. I spent roughly 15k on the electrical (I did the wiring myself) roughly 885k and I AM HAPPILY SLEEPING THERE WITH MY FAMILY, no more under the threat of Landlord.

I am sure the house is not in Lagos, because the cost of building is high in Lagos. You did not include the cost of the land. Have you done the plumbing, floor tiles and the necessary finishing.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by lastnogood(f): 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2016
iyke2k4:
are you married? If no, you are yet to face reality. That your dad was successful before marrying your mum, isn't an assurance yours must start that Way.

Yes, I met my husband he had a 1 bedroom flat. We moved into a 3 bedroom flat once I took in. So there's no illusion or fairytale in this story. For a family of five, we live safely and comfortably, but this isn't the jewel of success that we are aiming for.

Further more, there have been times when I covered the family expenses when he was in between jobs and starting out his own business. I'm not bragging or bashing just showing that it's possible for partners to support one another during hard times.

This assertion that I'm expecting a ready made man is bogus. If he didn't analyze my family history and my own ability to carry the family in better or worse, he wouldn't have taken me either. If I wasn't enterprising, didn't work and show myself to be a self sufficient self starter our partnership wouldn't work. Real men are drawn to hard working, emotionally grounded women.

The real fantasy is that when you get a house and cat that life is good and hustle is finished. This creates the failure to launch males we now see in life. The hustle starts when you have the house and car because now you need to leave a legacy to your offspring!
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
manie:

I am sure the house is not in Lagos, because the cost of building is high in Lagos. You did not include the cost of the land. Have you done the plumbing, floor tiles and the necessary finishing.

If you read the comment well, you will see that I did not include the cost of the land, and you will see where I mentioned "not yet finish".

I am Ogun State....!!

For the issue of plumbing, I just finished digging my borehole...........and it cost me 140k, for we who don't know how to change digits, building of house will be gradual!
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by abidex0z(m): 9:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
adeaks:

And the majority of girls who will support this are lazy, gold diggers who are only looking for already-made men that they can just pop out babies for without any thought of adding something tangible to the guy's life.
spot on bro
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by zheroes(m): 9:54pm On Mar 21, 2016
op am coming for you.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by krak101(m): 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ioannes:
hilarious. so let me get this straight. rich dudes should marry BROKE girls?

yeah that sounds right...or NOT.
... Good. So op you're insinuating it's owk for rich guys to marry BROKE babes? If yes... so why not the other way round? Grow up. Relationship I believe is a 2 way traffic. Nothing lasts forever. Today you might have n tomorrow you might no. Infact what now happens when the guy suddenly don't have all those things?

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Monalisa185(f): 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2016
frakdon:
mua GERARAHERE, emekwa'm anya mpi....now you got mouth to talk, because I allowed that small boy to score that goal..
happy thinking, indeed...
It won't matter, what type of house it is, as long we would have where to put our head down peaceful and hopeful, after each day's hustle? (you go be my orente) smiles*
yeah, I did went out with a friend, it was great day..

do you drink? Alcohol

hehehehe... make I leave the above first...

alcohol, yeah, I do, buh minimal.. why
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Djustprince7(m): 2:38am On Mar 22, 2016
I want to make a confession here on dis platform...I wish I was ominiscience,I wish i know everything ..I mean every damn thing starting from the no of stars up there down to the no of hairs on every living soul...I wish I have just this attribute of God in me.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by HaroldFinch(m): 5:04am On Mar 22, 2016
Dear OP, I think your post should be about contentment.

Issues are not as simple as you make it seem. If it suits Mr. A's lifestyle to get married when he has it all, it may not necessarily affect Mr. B who could get a wife and be contented with half as much as Mr. A has. Most things in life have proportions. With a two bedroom apartment, or even one, Mr. B may be contented with his wife, and that could be their own definition of "heaven".

Mr. B should stop swooning over a woman far above his income. If he can't afford the kind of life that will give her contentment, there are still many women who would fall heads over heels for his peanuts.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 22, 2016
streetzdreamz:
your opinion is solely yours,will you go hang if i tell you i hate kids and dont want any??or that marriage to me is the last form of legal slavery a man can ever get into? The problem with you people is taking pills for others pains,how does my opinion affect you?i wont have kids i cant cater for every of their needs,you can go ahead and make babies while living in a face me i slap you rented apartment,hellsbells!!!!

I hear you and analysis there maybe some sense in what you just said however to me that is an abnormality, . Your thinking is weird dude and i say this for the reason below:

I wld nt knw if you are a christian but if yes cool. do you remember what Jesus christ did to that tree that did not bear fruit, he cursed the true and it dried up. In Gen 1:28 God said be fruitful and multiply. Dont let all this yankee culture and mentality carry you away. someone brought you into this world, this same person raised you (assuming), it is also ur responsibility to bring someone else and to raise that person providing for their needs.

Brother go and hustle have a steady source of income and start a family. all this your "what if " scenario only leads to analysis paralysis. There is never a perfect time and the money will never be enough. that my word for you this morning.

And why we sometimes respond to comments on this forum is some people learn alot from here and someone can post very misleading post, it is our duty to counter.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by ClintonDal(m): 7:53am On Mar 22, 2016
Vinshu:
In order to reduce the level of poverty amongst homes, in my opinion I think a man who has not enough money to buy a house of his own not rent at least a 3 bed room flat and a car to move him and his family around should not get married.

When he gets married in his low credit, the family tends to suffer. The probability that he will get rich is actually 0.5 not up to 1 because Sundry expenses will now become expenses when married. Things he could ignore when single will now be important.

When children arrive, the probability of getting rich falls to an all time low of 0.2. Have you observed that most men have a higher credit score when single? If you have $500 at the end of every week when single if your job/income doesn't change or upgrade when you get married your $500 falls to $200 because you no longer feed yourself but feed a woman and probably a child.

When the child grows older school fees will set in. And other bad debts will be incured .

Don't get me wrong, I ain't saying he will never make it but in the mean time, why bring a child to the world to suffer? Even if it's for 6 years before you make it? Why take a woman from her father's comfy house to hardship in the name of marriage?

I advice ladies never to get married no matter how cool a guy is unless he is proven to be able to cater for your needs and that of your children financially in all ramifications both expenses and sundry expenses.

It doesn't make any sense, what you enjoy when single as a lady why stop enjoying it because your husband has no money or your money now goes to supporting him?

They say women ain't equal to men. Ok let the men be rich and rich enough to take care of their wives 101% before getting married. In fact, studies show most men marry for sex.
And I think a lady who has got nothing other than her pussy to offer has no right to demand what a man should have before dating or marriage? grin

2 Likes

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by streetzdreamz(m): 9:12am On Mar 22, 2016
keyman0007:

I hear you and analysis there maybe some sense in what you just said however to me that is an abnormality, . Your thinking is weird dude and i say this for the reason below:

I wld nt knw if you are a christian but if yes cool. do you remember what Jesus christ did to that tree that did not bear fruit, he cursed the true and it dried up. In Gen 1:28 God said be fruitful and multiply. Dont let all this yankee culture and mentality carry you away. someone brought you into this world, this same person raised you (assuming), it is also ur responsibility to bring someone else and to raise that person providing for their needs.

Brother go and hustle have a steady source of income and start a family. all this your "what if " scenario only leads to analysis paralysis. There is never a perfect time and the money will never be enough. that my word for you this morning.

And why we sometimes respond to comments on this forum is some people learn alot from here and someone can post very misleading post, it is our duty to counter.
true,its an abnormality but i love it,not everyone on earth is grateful for the gift of life,i for one aint!!!so you see not everyone thinks and wants the same thing from life,either u succesful or not,have kids or not,get married or not,poor,rich the adjectives goes on,but guess what?it all ends @death,so whats the fuss about life? Life is meaningless but most people wont agree with that,but the truth is,its all bullsh*t!!!its like sex,u only enjoy the pleasure for some minutes,the second u done,the pleasure ceases and u wouldn't even remember how it feels,thats why its insatiable...you know the crazy part??no one asked or got our consent before we were given birth to,we just found ourselves on earth,and now when we die,we gonna burn in sulfur if our ways aint right with the creator right?its more like a predestined tragedy,so we have to strive,pray,hope to avert going to hell?i mean its crazy,bet i know more of the scriptures than you do,so dont lecture me about the bible.......
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 22, 2016
streetzdreamz:
true,its an abnormality but i love it,not everyone on earth is grateful for the gift of life,i for one aint!!!so you see not everyone thinks and wants the same thing from life,either u succesful or not,have kids or not,get married or not,poor,rich the adjectives goes on,but guess what?it all ends @death,so whats the fuss about life? Life is meaningless but most people wont agree with that,but the truth is,its all bullsh*t!!!its like sex,u only enjoy the pleasure for some minutes,the second u done,the pleasure ceases and u wouldn't even remember how it feels,thats why its insatiable...you know the crazy part??no one asked or got our consent before we were given birth to,we just found ourselves on earth,and now when we die,we gonna burn in sulfur if our ways aint right with the creator right?its more like a predestined tragedy,so we have to strive,pray,hope to avert going to hell?i mean its crazy,bet i know more of the scriptures than you do,so dont lecture me about the bible.......

I really am speechless on your perception of life.

Life is no bullshit to me and will never be for you.

And remember it is nt how much you know but what you do with what you knw. smiley
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by frakdon(m): 9:52am On Mar 22, 2016
Monalisa185:

hehehehe... make I leave the above first...

alcohol, yeah, I do, buh minimal.. why
nothing, just wanna know, because I have a female friend, in our compound here, there was a time she returned from outing on a Sunday evening,then I asked her, do you take alcohol, she said yes LIFE lager 'boldly' then I told her, so mu na gi, ga outing, we will be dragging who will finish 2 bottles of alcohol first..
Any ways, I thought alcohol is for men?
you take alcoholic wine or Beer?
How are you coping, with everything, and hope you don't go into rain?
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by streetzdreamz(m): 11:35am On Mar 22, 2016
keyman0007:

I really am speechless on your perception of life.

Life is no bullshit to me and will never be for you.

And remember it is nt how much you know but what you do with what you knw. smiley

if our views dont differ then life wouldnt be fun at all,do have a nice day.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by MattChidi(m): 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
Its only a woman with no vision will think like this. I bet you'd like to be seen as a liability to a man who married you since you brought nothing to the table. You need an already made man please also be ready for its consequences, don't. come and lament here that you're not happy in your marriage despite your fat account.

Life is a gradual process, from low to high...if you think a man shouldn't think of a woman when he's working to make ends meet how do you expect him to consider you when he has made it.

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Bavis(m): 6:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
not from mine experience but someone close.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 23, 2016
adeaks:
Only guys with houses and cars should even date. undecided

Simple question: when your dad was dating your mom, did he have a house and a car?

Let's start from there.

Praise the Lord, I can say yes. Daddy Hannibal God bless you o grin grin cool
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Finestlex(m): 12:53am On Mar 23, 2016
What happened to the days of "what a man can do, a woman can do better. Being comfortable or rich must not be a guy's duty, ladies can also work hard and own a property and a car before getting married instead of being shameless gold diggers.. Most times ladies that spill this balderdash don't own shit.. Stupid topic
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 23, 2016
Diddyydiva:
I support you op smiley

I believe marriage is a limitation,It makes your chances of success slimmer. Its a distraction too .

Its easier to succeed without marriage,

This applies to both genders tho. If financial responsibilities are not left to the husband alone, The family will have a better standard of living.

If this is your thought about marriage then you're in the wrong marriage
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Aroh48(m): 2:20am On Mar 23, 2016
redwriter:

I see upright boobs are now a prerequisite for a good marriage. And to think this is your common sense.I wonder what your uncommon sense would be.
you need a brain transplant.When the op said that all guys should have at least a car and house before getting married.you were happy.I just made my own suggestion and you started crying.Hypocrite!
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 23, 2016
neoapocalypse:

If this is your thought about marriage then you're in the wrong marriage
I am not married smiley
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by somtoJ(m): 7:20am On Mar 23, 2016
In order to reduce the level of poverty amongst homes, in
my opinion I think a WOMAN who has not enough money to buy a house of his own not rent at least a 3 bed room flat
and a car to move him and his family around should not
get married.
Nonsense... selfish goldiggers.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 23, 2016
Diddyydiva:
I am not married smiley

Okay , but please and please don't go into marriage with this notion , finding your better half shouldn't be to your disadvantage as a couple. You guys are supposed to get better in every facet of life.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 23, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Okay , but please and please don't go into marriage with this notion , finding your better half shouldn't be to your disadvantage as a couple. You guys are supposed to get better in every facet of life.
what notion?

Are you sure you didn't quote the wrong person?

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Ladies,,,, Get To Know 7 Ways To Drive Your Man Wild! / Honeymoon On A Bad Road In Owerri, Imo State (Photos) / See What Distance Relationship Has Caused Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.