Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,798 members, 7,798,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? (4553 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Husband Beats Wife To Pulp Over Disagreement On Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2009
Consultant:

FYI by law, what she did constitutes assault, and if she did that in public, she would be under arrest too. They were both wrong, but in this case I am afraid the woman takes the bigger share of the blame. The man can argue self defense!

please DO READ MY POST AND THE THREAD FULLY BEFORE YOU ANSWER OR QUOTE ME, it will save you time and you wouldnt need to write EXACTLY what i was saying.

as for self defense, you must be joking right? are you saying that this man had to beat his woman up to defend/protect himself? here is what he "could" have done: hold her down, gently push her away, walk into another room, leave the house, stay away from her etc. anger/shame/frustration made him do what he did, nothing else.
if you knew the LAW, you would therefore know that beating someone up because they tear up your clothes is NOT self defense.

SELF DEFENSE: Use of force is justified when a person reasonably believes that it is necessary for the defense of oneself or another against the immediate use of unlawful force. However, a person must use no more force than appears reasonably necessary in the circumstances.
get your facts right.
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by Fhemmmy: 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2009
enmwata:

Maybe he had really been fustrating her sha. one can never tell. like u've all said, all marriages have thier own issues.
and as for Ffhemmy, if you think this marriage is doomed,maybe you dont know  lot about marriages! no be today yansh de for back. they're most likely going to reconcile and use this as a reference to their lowest point! (am i sounding too hopeful?)

No matter how much your husband has frustrated you, or your wife has frustrated you, you need to find a better way to deal with issues, you need to find a way to deal with your anger and frustration.
As a man, go a spin and listen to some nice music that you and the woman used to love and that will remind you of all the good memories, as the woman, think about all the good things that attracted you to him and remember that it is not the man that doing all the nonsense, but the devil behind broken homes.
I dont know too much about marriage, and i will admit to that, but this much i know, the day a man beat a woman, that day, you have created a monster.
The day the woman tore the man's clothe out of anger, she had created a lion and now a lion and monster are best friends in same house and that will be sad.
All in the name of "no be today yansh dey back" we cant go ahead and follow same pattern, it has to change somehow and the changes can start with us all.
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by LadyT(f): 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2009
If she didnt want to get beaten up she should of stopped herself she went too far. Simple
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by AloyEmeka9: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2009
Akinagirl:

Oh and by the way, answer to your question. They were both wrong. Neither one of them were right! you got kids involved looking at their parents acting a damn fool. I cannot stand when adults have disputes in front of children.
They were not both wrong. The woman was 100 % wrong. She is taking an emotional advantage over him. How will she feel if this man tears her clothes off in front of the public just because she shoved him aside or because he she verbally abused him?. The society is over stressing this laying hands on a woman to mean that a woman can do anything to a man and get away with it. Some still blame the man that beat his wife to a pulp when he discovered she poisoned his food. another blamed a man that also beat his wife because she shot him with a gun out of rage and missed. Self defense is still a right reserved for both parties and I wouldn't spare any woman that tries to cross her line to abuse me. What nonsense.
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by AloyEmeka9: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2009
Outstrip:

The poster said that the man shoved her. I am sure it did not hurt physically but you do not put your hand on anyone. Shoving will become a slap tomorrow and a slap will be a punch the next. I say she went overboard with the stripping part but he put his hands on her first. I don't see how the behavior of either one can be justified but I definitely do not see from the story how the woman provoked it. The man actually did from this story.
Why are you interested in putting hand on people when the resultant reaction is disastrous. Will you support your son's wife if his wife disgraces him that way in public?. Will you support it if it was the woman that shoved him and he in return stripped her naked in public[after all that is not beating her]?
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by Fhemmmy: 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Why are you interested in putting hand on people when the resultant reaction is disastrous. Will you support your son's wife if his wife disgraces him that way in public?. Will you support it if it was the woman that shoved him and he in return stripped her naked in public[after all that is not beating her]?

What the woman did was wrong, but also, the wife would have paid attention to what matters
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by enmwata: 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2009
everybody has a threashold for anger. its easy to say all the 'walk away' or 'go for a spin' or 'listen to some music'! but why didnt she do that too? this is where both of them are wrong kinda. its possible that she too had reached her own point of no return. so,she pushed him out of no return. before any of you preach the whole walk away thing.just consider that everyone has a point where they just cant control themselves.

infact,me sef, I dont know which side I'm on.lol
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 23, 2009
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by Fhemmmy: 10:04pm On Jul 23, 2009
that is what i think too, he could have walked away, cos i think in a fight btw man and wife, it is not a matter of who won, but all that matters is that at the end of it all, both would have been able to say what is on their mind and then, sort it out.
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2009
in my world, if any woman decide to put her hands on me she will suffer the consequences of her action BUT in the poster's case, the woman was pregnant therefore not in her right state of mind, confused, stressed out by the pregnancy and her "out of control hormones"(any man who has ever been through a pregnancy with a partner will know that) and therefore he should have walked away.
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by enmwata: 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2009
p.s, the beating wasnt a pumelling though.so the question of killing her doesnt really come in like dat.but if its any comfort to anyone, she won the fight. he has the bite marks to prove. i think it was more of him holding her down ( wiv occasional swipes sha).
I hope they look back at this and laugh at their stupidity.
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2009
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by Fhemmmy: 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2009
chaircover:

You think so? Short term maybe.

pls tell him oh
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by enmwata: 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

pls tell him oh

I'm a gal!!! Well,like i've been saying,i guess i'm just being optimistic. both of them are close to me and would hate for their marriage to be unsuccessful.
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by Fhemmmy: 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2009
enmwata:

I'm a gal!!! Well,like i've been saying,i guess i'm just being optimistic. both of them are close to me and would hate for their marriage to be unsuccessful.

if you dont want their marriage to collapse, they better start doing some talking and soul searching as to what they both want from the marriage.
The wife needs to learn how to behave like human and not expose her husband to just anyone and his unclothedness.
The husband needs to learn how to listen and pay attention to his wife.
The husbands needs to find other ways to show his frustration instead of beating the wife.
they have have serious work to do
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by bawomolo(m): 12:12am On Jul 24, 2009
they both deserve each other.
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by samparian(m): 2:41am On Jul 24, 2009
chaircover:

I dont know why you singled me out with that question, however the answer is;

God forbid.

I respect my husband too much for that; respect that he has righfully earned over the years
grin i singled you out cos i like your name. chaircover "akwa-oche" grin besides you sound interesting
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by samparian(m): 2:43am On Jul 24, 2009
According to Chief Zebrudaya of New Masqurade, "i'm does not gree, i'm does not gree are tear cloth" grin
Re: Wife Tears Husband's Clothes,husband Beats Wife-who's Wrong? by sley4life(m): 4:57am On Jul 24, 2009
both

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Wives, One Bed? / How Do You Deal With A Partner With Parasomnia / Life Is Simple, Life Is Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.