Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo (24583 Views)

Abiola Wrote The Names Of Ministers For Abacha - Olutayo Soyode / Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot / Ben Murray-Bruce -Thank God For Abacha, "Joke Or Fact".(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
*Justifies Buhari's frequent foreign trips
*Says no regret putting Jonathan forward as
President

By Gabriel Olawale, with agency repiorts
LAGOS — Former President Olusegun Obasanjo
has expressed angst against those asking him to
account for recovered Abacha loot, describing them
as illiterates and stupid people.

He also said there was nothing wrong in President
Muhammadu Buhari’s frequent trips as, according
to him, Nigeria needs to be in touch with important
centres of the world.

Obasanjo, who stated this in an interview, weekend,
said the role of his office was to facilitate the
recovery process and not how it was put to use.
He said: “They said the money recovered from
Abacha, I should account for it. What stupidity! The
man who asked for it, the man who gave the
judgement or who answered them are all stupid,
with due respect.

“I don’t keep account, all Abacha loots were sent to
Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, and every bit of it was
reported to Minister of Finance. My job was to write
where we can get help to recover the money.

"Every penny that comes out of it went to CBN, so if
they want to know what happened to the money,
they should call CBN governor or call the Minister
of Finance.

“But again, it shows ignorance, total ignorance,
which is lacking and you wonder, are these people
educated? They can also approach the man who
helped us in recovering process to give the list of
money recovered and where he took it.”

On fluctuating oil price
On fluctuating oil price, Obasanjo said President
Buhari was lucky than he was, saying: “When I
assumed office in 1999, I inherited $3.7 billion in
reserve, while Buhari met $30 billion, almost 10
times of what I met then, and the price of oil then
was $9. When it got to $20, I was dancing.

“I know the price is down now and with time, it will
jump up again. What Buhari is doing currently is
preparing ground for Nigeria to take advantage
when it goes up again.”

Justifies Buhari's frequent foreign trips
Obasanjo, who justified Buhari's frequent foreign
trips, said President Buhari needed to get involved
in the world.

He said: “He needs to be known and to know
people. How do you make friends and influence
people except you know them and this cannot
happen if he sits in Aso Villa, especially in a
situation that we found ourselves, a situation where
we have bad image in the world, a situation where
we need to play leadership role, especially in Africa,
because during Jonathan’s administration, Nigeria
was not on the table.”

On Biafra agitation
Obasanjo, who described the Biafra agitation as a
platform for people of the South East to make their
voices heard, insisted that Biafra was dead.
He said: “I sympathise with people agitating in the
country, but what Nigeria needs to do now is to get
our economy back on track. When you have a bad
economic situation, such is expected. So I did not
see their cause as a threat but I see it as a platform
to get their voices heard.

“Like I said on January 15, the important, authentic
leaders of the South-East are concerned about
economic situation of Nigeria and I believe when
the situation changes tomorrow, these young
people will sing a new song.”

No regret putting Jonathan forward as President
While expressing no regrets in facilitating the
emergence of former President Goodluck Jonathan
as President, Obasanjo said his objective had been
achieved by making a minority group to produce
the president of Nigeria.

He said: “I believe that Nigeria politics will be
strengthened even more if we have the opportunity
to allow the minority in its own right to emerge as
President, and I do not have any apology for
anybody because the purpose I wanted Nigeria to
achieve had been achieved.

“That any Nigerian can become president, it is not a
regret for Nigeria and for me because Nigeria gave
him that opportunity, he used, abused, misused as
he wished and at the appropriate time, Nigerians
said thank you for what you have done and what
you have not done and Nigeria said bye bye, which
is the beauty of democracy.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/asking-account-abachas-loot-stupid-obasanjo/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Gattus: 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
end time story

3 Likes

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by zico530(m): 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
Silly ko silly ni

3 Likes

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by mymadam(m): 10:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
Always on point... no more, no less!

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by blackb2(m): 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
I just love this man... Too solid to be moved by silly_ people, anytime anyday

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Flexherbal(m): 10:30pm On Mar 20, 2016
OBJ has Nigeria at his palm.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Opinedecandid(m): 10:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
And you think you are not silly, baba?

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by liftedud(m): 10:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
He knows his beans wella

3 Likes

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by fistonati(m): 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
This duely shows that obasanjo isn't a leader but a dictator. Your era is long gone, we shall ask you again and again before dey measure six feet's for you.

Some apshits will still compared him to Mandela

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by divinehand2003(m): 11:10pm On Mar 20, 2016
See how OBJ summarized GEJ, '' GEJ was clueless at the helm of affairs and Nigerians said bye bye to him''. Lol

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by dtruth3(m): 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
Obasanjo you are a silly old fool.

Oh God! Please punish Olusegun Obasanjo!

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Blakjewelry(m): 11:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
He sound silly too

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by ErasmusCOMP: 6:14am On Mar 21, 2016
Demand for accountability should not be seen as silly.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Pidggin(f): 6:27am On Mar 21, 2016
So Buhari met $30 billion left by GEJ? grin

One thing in life is that the truth cannot be hidden for long. Oga OBJ, thanks for this revelation.

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by PRYCE(m): 6:34am On Mar 21, 2016
But Modath and em said Jonathan completely depleted our reserves! Infact, Buhari himself peddled same falsehood that he met an empty treasury!

CHAI! OBJ, though I don't like u, but thanks a lot for bursting this 'product of LIE Mohammed'

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 21, 2016
Pidggin:
So Buhari met $30 billion left by GEJ? grin

One thing in life is that the truth cannot be hidden for long. Oga OBJ, thanks for this revelation.
Everyone kw Nigeria has abt 30 billion dollars in foreign reserve when buhari became president. What truth are u talking abt. Go and update urself. Now the question u sud ask urself is how much was in the reserve when gej was president. I don't kw the exact figure but am sure it was more than 50 billion with high oil price.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by modath(f): 6:49am On Mar 21, 2016
PRYCE:
But Mo and em said Jonathan completely depleted our reserves! Infact, Buhari himself peddled same falsehood that he met an empty treasury!

CHAI! OBJ, though I don't like u, but thanks a lot for bursting this 'product of LIE Mohammed'

Let me help you.

1.The IB is gone, he was an error that has been corrected... How much did he meet in the foreign reserves? How much was oil selling when OBJ was there? How much was it during Hero IB's fruitless 5yrs?

2 Not liking PMB didn't stop him & is not a factor now, so look for juju & send invisible arrows to him.... will mentioning me remove him & solve your heartbreak? smiley

3.PMB the DD is your president, if e pain you, enter Congo or Somalia (they are better than Nigeria)

P.S, You have really changed tactics in this your mention style sha!! smiley

OBJ still remains Nigeria's albatross! lipsrsealed

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by PRYCE(m): 7:03am On Mar 21, 2016
modath:

Let me help you.

1.The IB is gone, he was an error that has been corrected... How much did he meet in the foreign reserves? How much was oil selling when OBJ was there? How much was it during Hero IB's fruitless 5yrs?

2 Not liking PMB didn't stop him & is not a factor now, so look for juju & send invisible arrows to him.... will mentioning me remove him & solve your heartbreak? smiley

3.PMB the DD is your president, if e pain you, enter Congo or Somalia (they are better than Nigeria)

P.S, You have really changed tactics in this your mention style sha!! smiley

OBJ still remains Nigeria's albatross! lipsrsealed
Lol! Ain't this stale already?

When you guys are cornered, you resort to stuff like this "PMB the DD is your president, if e pain you, enter Congo or Somalia (they are better than Nigeria)" very laughable!

GEJ has since built a trophy cabinet that's currently overflowing! Deal with that! cheesy cheesy

And hey Girl, I thought your school was still in session? Continue now... how much did GEJ meet there?

De kind Drain "UP There" wey dey happen for Naija eh, persin gas fear! By 2030, Nigerians for don become the real version of the movie 'Idiocracy'!

Modath Sha...!

22 Likes

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Histrings08(m): 7:26am On Mar 21, 2016
We're going to the promise land nd we'll get there... I hope you're ready

1 Like

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by modath(f): 7:30am On Mar 21, 2016
PRYCE:
Lol! Ain't this stale already?

Mo Sha...!

Corner MO? Are you for real? cheesy cheesy

Quit playing!! I just don't have the "mind" to get into any kind of debate with you, we both how you get when the marra pass you, & I no dey do pig fight! cool

Hero IB's cabinet is overflowing with baubles, congrats to him, he had a choice of allowing the devil use him (orubebe started it but he couldn't follow through) but he allowed commonsense prevail...

However when Leaders who made POSITIVE & PROGRESSIVE impact on the national landscape are being reeled out, IB would just be a footnote in history!! IB of the stealing is not corruption & Dasukigate is the one I'm referring to incase you have forgotten...

You & your infantile assertion Pryce would never cease to draw a chuckle, girl Mo's school is in session no problem, but you haven't even been able to lobby for admission yet!!!

*see people complaining about GE bill* cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by DaBullIT(m): 7:35am On Mar 21, 2016
OBJ giving yeebos heart attack since 1970s

Hehehe

4 Likes

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by lilprinze: 7:55am On Mar 21, 2016
I taught APC and our dullard said or told us that PDP and GEJ left an empty reserve.

20 Likes

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 21, 2016
It is really funny how our leaders love to outsource their failings. What could the minister of finance and the CBN governor do without your assent? OBJ should tell another lie, this is simply too watery.

5 Likes

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 21, 2016
Baba has spoken . . .
I never knew that.
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 21, 2016
grin
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by kobonaire(m): 7:59am On Mar 21, 2016
Why is it silly? If you retrieve misappropriated funds, you yourself should account for those funds ... common sense 101.

2 Likes

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by ORACLE1975(m): 7:59am On Mar 21, 2016
Baba again grin
Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 21, 2016
Old man go enjoy your loot! no body get your time we don move pass you teytey

5 Likes

Re: Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo by loomer: 7:59am On Mar 21, 2016
mymadam:
Always on point... no more, no less!

If him no dey accountable, why una dey call jona name for dasuki's case?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Super Eagles Training Camp / "I Generate Over 30MW From Generators Daily In My State" - Atiku Abubakar / NAF Graduates Another Set Of Six Instructor Pilots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.