Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Is It Adviseable To Install Windows 7 In A Pc That Came With Windows Xp? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is It Adviseable To Install Windows 7 In A Pc That Came With Windows Xp? (782 Views)

Install Windows On Your Apple Mac / How To Format Hard Drive With Windows 7,8,8.1,10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Adviseable To Install Windows 7 In A Pc That Came With Windows Xp? by odimbannamdi(m): 7:48am On Mar 21, 2016
Due to my very low budget, i had no choice but to opt for a low spec laptop. Its an Hp Compaq nx6125 with 896MB worth of RAM, 1.6GHz clockspeed and came with a windows xp sevice pack 2 pre-installed.

I tried installing Metatrader 4 (a charting application for trading FOREX) on it, but it keeps getting declined. I have been advised to install windows 7 on it, but i am very skeptical considering it has a low RAM and clockspeed.

Do you think i should increase the RAM, to say 2gig, and go ahead with the windows 7 installation??

On a second thought, i am guessing if i install windows xp service pack 3, the mt4 would install. Do you also think this is possible??

Please advise me accordingly. Thank you
Re: Is It Adviseable To Install Windows 7 In A Pc That Came With Windows Xp? by Chizip(m): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
Yeah go ahead buh after u have increased ur ram

(1) (Reply)

... / Help: Photocopier Paper Germ / Window Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.