Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,747 members, 7,802,288 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano (84274 Views)

I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by herrdeustch: 9:13am On Mar 24, 2016
Lol. Take note of the facts: Nigeria was a colony then and the US army was involved. Dont forget that the British Empire subdued Kano, so then it was possible to impose many things against the wish of the host community.
jam04:
But Op I thought the general believe is that hausas(muslims) don't like pigs. How come they allowed such farm exist in such popular city like Kano?
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Olypeppy(f): 9:19am On Mar 24, 2016
There is also a large pig farm in aba.along orji uzor bridge Ngwa road....
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by herrdeustch: 9:26am On Mar 24, 2016
Bro dont be quick to judge. The farm was set up to meet a specific wartime target market (US military base) That war is over tay tay and the demand pattern as at then (after the war) would have changed. In retrospect I am begining to think that K Maroun must have had a direct supply contract from the US military which justified setting up the farm for that purpose.After the war and the troops returned to their countries,new markets and customers would have had to be sourced and dont forget that post world war 2 issues would have made it difficult to find viable clients
Mekurexx:
Once existed angry The real problem of this country is MAINTENANCE & SUSTAINABILITY. From Failed Railways, to a crashed National airline and now an agricultural farm that was a hit back then! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by pure2012soul(m): 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
femu:

who mentioned hausa?

try and pay attention to details it will take you far
Try and read what you posted pls
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 25, 2016
femu:

Thats what most people think... i know for a fact Pigs are reared in kaduna, kano, bauchi, [b]benue[b/], plateau, nasarawa borno etc.

a lot of Northern cities contain Christian minorities who are crazy about pork
Benue is not Hausa sir no d classify us under them
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by lawani: 8:04pm On May 30, 2016
But there was no US military base in Nigeria during world war 2. The US theater of war was Asia and later Europe.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Emergencia(m): 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
Wow!!. They are big, but in the world, i doubt
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by jamace(m): 9:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
crestedaguiyi:
That was before Nigeria became a zoo
grin grin Chai, TKO.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by pastormakinde(m): 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
Thanks for the information. Pls can you send more pictures of how they reared that quantity?
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by fordex3: 11:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
Aquabiz & Agric Enterprises on 08189164502 for your Fingerlings & Juveniles,we sell day-old chicks,broilers-250 naira,pullets(layers)-250 naira,hybrid turkey-1,500,local turkey-550 naira,white cockrels-20 naira,black cockrel-75 naira,Noiler - 150,4 weeks broiler-600 naira,4 weeks cockrel-250 naira,.point of lay -14 weeks-1,350,old layers-950 naira,catfish fingerling -12 naira,catfish Juvenile -20 naira,Vitamin A fortified yellow cassava stem-50 pieces-700 naira,1 bundle-1,500 naira,Battery cages-150,000 naira,Herbicides,weedout,sprayers -8 litres and 16 litres also availablie.We provide transport and logistics for point of lays and old layers,we are in Ibadan and supply anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by nextman: 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
It's obvious there is scarcely anyone without interest in making money from pig farming!
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Yitzchaq(m): 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hi guys. I have Whatsapp group for pig farmers. Buzz me on Whatsapp to get added. The group is just help ourselves tackle the world of pig farming. 08137932570.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Rexedgar(m): 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
How can i make my pigs increase in weight?
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Simon94(m): 11:51am On Mar 12, 2017
@femu..do sale live pig like weaner and where in kafanchan
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Dozzy77: 8:14pm On May 20, 2018
Wow

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by jasedu60: 6:23am On Aug 10, 2018
That was in 1959, 36,000 pigs in a year. Only 3,000 a month. Big but some American Companies are doing Larger already.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by PoWConsulting: 7:47pm On Jul 28, 2019
FAST SELLING 1,000 Naira only for each Business Plan

GET MODEL AGRIBUSINESS PLANS INSTANTLY!!!

PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!

BUY THREE, GET ONE FREE!!!

1. Business Plan on Grasscutter Farming: How to profitably rear, process and package grasscutters with information on where you can get High Quality and mature breeds of grasscutters, cage and other inputs.

2. Business plan on Catfish Production and Processing: A Bankable Business Plan on Catfish production from Hatchery to Smoked Fish.

3. Business Plan on the Establishment of a Small scale Mechanized Gari Production Centre

4. Business Plan on Instant Plantain Flour

Our business plan gives a holistic feasibility report of the production and technical plan, market analysis, marketing plan, personnel and labour management and most importantly, the financial plan which is standard and BANKABLE!!!

The model business plan is prepared in word document format (not pdf) to enable you edit it to suit your needs.

Promo valid till July 31, 2019
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by PoWConsulting: 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2019
FAST SELLING 500 Naira only for each manual

GET AGRIBUSINESS MANUALS INSTANTLY!!!PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!BUY FIVE, GET ONE FREE!!!

Purchase five of the following Business Manuals and get one FREE!!! You get to choose!

1. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid mSoap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

2. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

3. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

4. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

5. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

6. Manual on Cassava processing into Gari

7. Manual on Cassava processing into Odourless Fufu Flour

8. Manual on Cassava processing into High Quality Cassava Flour

9. Manual on Cassava processing into Industrial Cassava Starch

10. Manual on Cassava processing into Fermented Cassava Flour (Lafun)

11. Manual on Cassava processing into Adhesives from Cassava Starch

12. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging

13. Manual on Instant Plantain Flour Production

14. Manual on Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging

AND MANY MORE!!!

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, improved variety of seeds, best fertilizer for planting, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information

WhatsApp: +2347039664655

Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities

Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com

Promo valid till July 31, 2019
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by piggynieria: 11:35am On Nov 09, 2019
Sell your farm animals and farm crops at https://piggynigeria.com.ng

Just register a free account and start post ing your products.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by okoroemeka(m): 9:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
I think the main reason the pig farm was sited in Kano is the cheap easily available grains and other by products from farm in the north,you can see that after fattening they transport by rail to lagos,which to me is a smart business move,for example a big bag of waste dutse mixed grain is ₦3000 in the south east,but same bag sells for ₦1000 or less in kebbi state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fastest Way To Kill 51 Catfish. Nigerians Call Man A Murderer (Photos) / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached / PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.