Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,413 members, 7,781,195 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:28 AM

NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today (32212 Views)

FEC Approves 2018 Budget Today - Leadershipng / Edo Decides: Obaseki (APC) Won The Debates-Channels tv polls & nations Newspaper / Senate Passes 2016 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by Anasko(m): 10:26am On Mar 22, 2016

After bouts of buckpassing on alleged errors in the 2016 budget estimates, the Senate is set to pass its version of the Appropriations Bill, before proceeding on its Easter recess.

The Chairman of the Senate Committee on Rules and Business, Sen Babajide Omoworare(Osun-APC) in an exclusive interview with LEADERSHIP yesterday, disclosed that the Red Chamber has cleaned up blights in the document and would debate and pass it today.

“To the best of my knowledge, the budget will be laid tomorrow(today), March 22nd, 2016 and debated, except something happens that we may not be in control of. we may even pass the budget tomorrow”, he said.

he warned that there are so many things at stake that that we cannot afford to delay the budget.

He dismissed the excuse that the budget’s passage was delayed because of several errors discovered in it.

According to him, “over the years, there have been errors in the budgets that we passed, but we passed them”.He however pointed out that the said errors were not the fault of the President or the presidency.

Omoworare also asked Nigerians to be patient with the Senate and the House of Representatives on the Budget, as according to him, the thorough efforts of the parliament would turn out in the best interest of the masses.Recall that the Senate deferred the passage of the Budget last week Thursday, citing reasons of errors detected in the document.

Though a member of the Appropriations Committee, Sen. Suleiman Nazif(Bauchi-APC), had through a press briefing declared that the document will be laid before the senate by the Chairman of the Committee, Sen Mohammed Goje(Gombe-APC), the upper chamber failed to do so.

Spokesmen of both Chambers of the national Assembly, Sen Abdullahi(Niger-APC) Abdulrazaq Namdas(APC-Adamawa), repeated the traditional song of errors, insisting that the budget must be cleaned up before its presentation for passage. However, section 80 of the 1999 Constitution gives a deadline of March 31st for every budget to be passed and treated. It also through some subsections, allows a window for supplementary budgets or amendments to the budget as presented or worked on by the National Assembly.

President Muhammadu Buhari had on Tuesday December 22, 2015 presented estimates of the 2016 Budget before a joint session of the National Assembly.

Soon after the presentation, fireworks followed, the polity became charged with allegations of budget padding, double or multiple subheads for the same items, leading to adjustments in the estimates and a mass purge of staff at the Budget office for allegedly “messing up” the estimates to embarrass the president.

http://leadership.ng/news/511101/nass-debates-passes-2016-budget-today

2 Likes

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by thereturnoflucy(m): 10:27am On Mar 22, 2016
At last is this change I hate this type of change

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by Ehiscotch(m): 10:27am On Mar 22, 2016
Finally. We could finally use this as a yardstick to judge the current administration. I know wailers after a month or two would scream about the budget not being implemented, but it doesn't come in a flash. If after this budget has been fully implemented & then is there still is no +Change then we can wail all night long.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by 9jii(m): 10:29am On Mar 22, 2016
This one concerns me much

1 Like

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:33am On Mar 22, 2016
undecided
Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by talktonase(m): 10:34am On Mar 22, 2016
i wont be surprised if something crops up again..Them fit shftam go next week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by Femich18(m): 10:36am On Mar 22, 2016
I'm at patiently waiting for the passage into law...We need to start working immediately it is passed. There have been a stagnancy of the economy due to this passage and I hope tins will start working very soon.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by Femich18(m): 10:38am On Mar 22, 2016
talktonase:
i wont be surprised if something crops up again..Them fit shftam go next week.
Next week? I doubt cos the Easter holiday starts ds Friday till Monday and the deadline is march 31, Xo I believe anyhow anyhow dey must pass it ds week latest Thursday

3 Likes

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by SleekMallam: 10:43am On Mar 22, 2016
That they are even debating the greatest heist in the history of the black race is shameful. Throw that scam of budget to the bin and summon Buhari and his 40 thieves to face the music.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by PassingShot(m): 10:44am On Mar 22, 2016
The NASS as it's currently constituted is a congregation of clowns.

No matter the amount of errors found in the budget submitted by the presidency, it cannot be an excuse not to work on it earnestly and pass it as they deem fit and right.

The primary function of the NASS is to debate, amend, propose, add and remove certain provisions in the nation's budget.

I don't blame them since the leadership has the blessing and support of the wailing zombies and IPOB touts, they can do as they like. If not, the budget wouldn't have taken three full month's to discuss and pass as required.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by freeze001(f): 10:49am On Mar 22, 2016
PassingShot:
The NASS as it's currently constituted is a congregation of clowns.

No matter the amount of errors found in the budget submitted by the presidency, it cannot be an excuse not to work on it earnestly and pass it as they deem fit and right.

The primary function of the NASS is to debate, amend, propose, add and remove certain provisions in the nation's budget.

I don't blame them since the leadership has the blessing and support of the wailing zombies and IPOB touts, they can do as they like. If not, the budget wouldn't have taken three full month's to discuss and pass as required.

This fixation on IPOB...hmmm, I hope you recover from it at some point and realise that IPOB has no hand in whatever politics that is played in Nigeria.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by SleekMallam: 10:50am On Mar 22, 2016
Ehiscotch:
Finally. We could finally use this as a yardstick to judge the current administration. I know wailers after a month or two would scream about the budget not being implemented, but it doesn't come in a flash. If after this budget has been fully implemented & then is there still is no +Change then we can wail all night long.
Using a padded budget of corruption as yardstick? How low can a nation descend

Corruption is on pant and bra in 2016 budget and Buhari the saint is romancing and salivating at the prospect of having a romp this year!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by SleekMallam: 10:51am On Mar 22, 2016
Buhari has shown through 2016 budget that he is a common thief.

If the last administration was clueless then,this Buhari regime is super clueless.

If cane was used to flog the last administration, iron will be used on Buhari and his chain agents.

If the ballot was used to booth out the last administration, Buhari and his diabolos agents of Hades will be dragged Unclad out from Aso Rock in violent revolution style.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by PassingShot(m): 10:52am On Mar 22, 2016
freeze001:

This fixation on IPOB...hmmm, I hope you recover from it at some point and realise that IPOB has no hand in whatever politics that is played in Nigeria.
OK. No be them dey protest for Saraki dey even dress am like an Igwe?

Swerve joor.

6 Likes

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by Ehiscotch(m): 10:58am On Mar 22, 2016
SleekMallam:

Using a padded budget of corruption as yardstick? How low can a nation descend

Corruption is on pant and bra in 2016 budget and Buhari the saint is romancing and salivating at the prospect of having a romp this year!
Budget padding didn't start today "every padded budget was a hit back 2 back" LOL. But for the first time it was revealed to the public. We should be glad that we were kept abreast of this, unlike previous administration who just rolled with it. Like the post read "this is not the first time we have encountered errors in a budget (rephrased)".

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by SleekMallam: 11:04am On Mar 22, 2016
Ehiscotch:
Budget padding didn't start today "every padded budget was a hit back 2 back" LOL. But for the first time it was revealed to the public. We should be glad that we were kept abreast of this, unlike previous administration who just rolled with it. Like the post read "this is not the first time we have encountered errors in a budget (rephrased)".
You seem an honest man. I want to ask you a question.

Now that the masses,ministers and Senate have collectively agreed that this budget is sexy corruption, What do you honestly think is the right thing to do in sane societies?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by Ehiscotch(m): 11:29am On Mar 22, 2016
SleekMallam:

You seem an honest man. I want to ask you a question.

Now that the masses,ministers and Senate have collectively agreed that this budget is sexy corruption, What do you honestly think is the right thing to do in sane societies?
Just like the president said, those responsible would be held accountable.

11 Likes

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by olaboy33(m): 11:51am On Mar 22, 2016
Pass keh.....when saraki mata still dey CCT??

1 Like

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by Koleman(m): 11:58am On Mar 22, 2016
pass d budget so I can finally decide if I indeed voted change
Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by tuniski: 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
Femich18:
I'm at patiently waiting for the passage into law...We need to start working immediately it is passed. There have been a stagnancy of the economy due to this passage and I hope tins will start working very soon.
What have they been working with the last 3months?
Budget won't change anything for as long as the head is not correct. Using budget passage as an excuse is lame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by SleekMallam: 1:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ehiscotch:
Just like the president said, those responsible would be held accountable.
By moving those responsible to a more lucrative ministry right?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by olaolulazio(m): 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
Kk, let corruption begin!
Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by omomalaika: 2:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
That fraud budget?
Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by Sasuwa(f): 2:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
Saraki why
Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by tunwumi: 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
At last with all the padding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
I Jst dnt like ds our senator, I dnt knw why.....
Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by Mjshexy(f): 2:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
But the budget passage has been put on hold till further notice sad
Re: NASS Debates, Passes 2016 Budget Today by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
Rogues

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Picks Bolaji Abdullahi As Spokesman, Timi Frank Kicks / Nigerians Voted For Change, Now Suffer And Stop Complaining- Fasheun / Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.