Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag (12966 Views)

You Can Now Add Hashtag And Profile Links To Your Instagram Bios / Hashtag: Nigeriavskenya: Trending On Twitter / My Infinix Hot 4 X557 Finally Arrived From Konga, so feel free to ask anything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 22, 2016
Every Nigerian with an access to the internet now feels obliged to jump into every discussion on social media. They wake up, search twitter and jump on any trendy topic with an I TOO KNOW mentality. Before you do such, ask yourself these questions:

1. Hope it's not a propaganda hashtag on a smear campaign

2. Must I tweet on it?

3. Hope my tweet won't be judgemental

4. Have I heard the other side of the story?

5. Do I have all facts concerning the issue?

6. Hope my tweet won't give those involved a bad reputation in public

7. Am I an expert on such issues?

8. What if I later realise the trendy hashtag was all a smear campaign, will I retract my tweet or apologise?

9. Is there a likelihood that my tweet might put me in trouble?

10. Hope my contribution won't be based on sentiments and emotion.

You never can tell, a person who an hashtag is created against might actually be innocent of the said accusations. An example is the #OshifalaSaga where many twitter users lambasted and judged Mr Oshifala guilty even to the extent of making up cases of ghost students who also were victims of his alleged pedophilia act. To our greatest surprise, the students of the school and their heads of departments all thronged the streets with placards all calling for their favourite teacher's vindication. They say they don't think such happened nor even know who the victim is.

Hashtags such as #DasukiGate, #TyrantBuhari, #BukolaGate etc might just be on a campaign of calumny. We never can tell until a competent court of law pronounces a judgement on the figures involved.

Written by Adewole Segun

www.lifestyletonight..co.ke/2016/03/10-questions-to-ask-yourself-before.html?m=1

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 22, 2016
I really agree with you. People just jump on to a Hastag discussion thread to air their own opinion without considering the implications and other negative things attached to it.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 22, 2016
keyzid:
I really agree with you. People just jump on to a Hastag discussion thread to air their own opinion without considering the implications and other negative things attached to it.
cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
I hope they listen. That was why I seconded the senate on the 'social media' bill case. Loads of bull scrap all over our online media spaces.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Moz22: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by MadCow1: 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
#FuckTheOP..

6 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Goldenheart(m): 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
grin grin

These are rules
Nigerians don't follow rules

6 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by gbaskiboy: 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
Some wanna rush to comment without thinking twice, verify the genuinty of story before placing your comment

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by peemyke(f): 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
sad
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
MadCow1:
#FuckTheOP..
..... you just finished eating your afternoon grass?!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Naff24(f): 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
I second ur motion bro, some folks just tweeted for tweeting sake, "I gat to follow d trend" mentality. Smh undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Naff24(f): 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
MadCow1:
#FuckTheOP..

Must u b mad at everything even if u are a MadCow

9 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
Op I quite agree with you. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by BossDanniee(m): 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
Twitting since 1960

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Goldenheart(m): 5:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
gbaskiboy:
Some wanna rush to comment without thinking twice, verify the genuinty of story before placing your comment

first to comment syndrome kicks in

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by kasmail(m): 5:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
Im still in ketu anyway
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by codedlee(m): 5:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
abeg na my mb.. I fit use am as I like #2016yearofbeef I started that ..fvck dah shiiii!!!
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by helphelp: 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
Plenty people no get work...

Tweeting on hash tag whether na dia business or not na solace

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by henrydadon(m): 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
see as my niggah dey attach too much sentiment untop tweet matter..it just social media for GOd sake..there notin to think about
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Viktor1983(m): 5:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
See work description...
Op you get time.
Nigerians no dey listen to this Kain advice.
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
I'm not on twitter, don't have time for such frivolities. soo, ko kan aiye.
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by MadCow1: 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
Naff24:

Must u b mad at everything even if u are a MadCow

1st of all, You look fine..

Secondly, you entire personal text is all Hashtags.. grin #Ironic

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by mendobass(m): 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

Every Nigerian with an access to the internet now feels obliged to jump into every discussion on social media. They wake up, search twitter and jump on any trendy topic with an I TOO KNOW mentality. Before you do such, ask yourself these questions:

1. Hope it's not a propaganda hashtag on a smear campaign

2. Must I tweet on it?

3. Hope my tweet won't be judgemental

4. Have I heard the other side of the story?

5. Do I have all facts concerning the issue?

6. Hope my tweet won't give those involved a bad reputation in public

7. Am I an expert on such issues?

8. What if I later realise the trendy hashtag was all a smear campaign, will I retract my tweet or apologise?

9. Is there a likelihood that my tweet might put me in trouble?

10. Hope my contribution won't be based on sentiments and emotion.

You never can tell, a person who an hashtag is created against might actually be innocent of the said accusations. An example is the #OshifalaSaga where many twitter users lambasted and judged Mr Oshifala guilty even to the extent of making up cases of ghost students who also were victims of his alleged pedophilia act. To our greatest surprise, the students of the school and their heads of departments all thronged the streets with placards all calling for their favourite teacher's vindication. They say they don't think such happened nor even know who the victim is.

Hashtags such as #DasukiGate, #TyrantBuhari, #BukolaGate etc might just be on a campaign of calumny. We never can tell until a competent court of law pronounces a judgement on the figures involved.

Written by Adewole Segun

www.lifestyletonight..co.ke/2016/03/10-questions-to-ask-yourself-before.html?m=1

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Ada9103(f): 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
?
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Greycious(m): 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
who truly invented the hashtag?
mirror said it's Ashley Cole. undecided
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by hotdi(m): 6:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
OP u are right
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Greycious(m): 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
peemyke:
sad
You look too beautiful to be booking space
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by MCMXCVIII(m): 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
modelmike7:
I hope they listen. That was why I seconded the senate on the 'social media' bill case. Loads of bull scrap all over our online media spaces.
naaaaah don't bring up the Social Media Bill...that's something
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by MCMXCVIII(m): 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ada9103:
?
Nairaland Association of Space Bookers(NASB) new members are welcome
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
I have a [url]twitter[/url]account but I don't know how to use it. I only follow people there
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Tweeting To A Hashtag by charlesucheh(m): 6:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
modelmike7:
I disagree with you on that, that bill shouldn't have even been on the FIRST reading stage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Bis Has Stopped working On Android ? / Airtel Increases Their Weekly And Monthly Data Volumes / Awoof! Enjoy Unlimited Free 20GB + Unlimited Recharge Card On MTN Sim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.