Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

What Is 404 And Why In God's Name Do People Eat It? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is 404 And Why In God's Name Do People Eat It? (2078 Views)

Why do people go for Canadian skilled express entry than Australian / Why Do People Brag With Names Of Places. Is It Actually True? / Why Do People Living Abroad Rarely Help Their Relations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is 404 And Why In God's Name Do People Eat It? by adjain(m): 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
Quiz question:** What is the similarity between a Calabar restaurant and a South Korean one?
Answer: Your food barks when it is not properly cooked.

Okay, jokes aside: say you have touched down for the Calabar Carnival and are looking to try some of the native delicacy, might I interest you in a steaming dish of 404? It is no myth - although it might be surprising for a befuddled, horrified and totally scandalized first-time visitor - that the Calabar people love their dogs, and they love them well.

Let us take a break to admire this cute puppy:

Why would anyone ever eat a dog? OMG!
Why would anyone ever eat chicken? Or fish? Or, for that matter, edible worms...?

I don't know, man. Humans are so weird. If it is there, there will be somebody to eat it.

Someone I know recently asked: I'm looking to start a fulfilling dog-eating career. How do I begin?
Before you begin, take a look at this guy:

[img]static.pexels.com/photos/616/animal-dog-pet-bulldog-medium.jpg[/img]

And this other fella:

Do you still want to eat dog meat? Yes?

Oh.
Wow. Okay.

Word on the street is that you can woo a woman with dog meat (the actual mechanics is what I am unsure of. It might be acceptable practice to wave a violently struggling, whining dog, in the face of your lover while promising her some lovely canine stew in return for her ring finger.)

There is an interesting story http://hotels.ng/travel/naijasinglegirl-confessions-of-a-serial-dogmeat-eater/here about a first-timer's adventures into dog-meat consumption. Read and be on your way.

Or read the full guide to eating dog meat here: http://hotels.ng/travel/best-404-joints-in-calabar/

Re: What Is 404 And Why In God's Name Do People Eat It? by Easyluv2live(m): 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
God of Isreal!
Those dog dat visit my guy
shud start a crusade in calabar wit night vigil
and doing door to door evangelism b4 they will
stop dat cruelty to man's best friend...

(1) (Reply)

The Reality Of Returning Home- As As How? / Residents Jubilate As First Passenger Train Arrives Delta State. Photos / Canadian visa rejection rate now 75% for African and 81% for Nigerian students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.