Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial (28223 Views)

N300million Goes Missing From Saraki's Bedroom - Sahara Reporter / Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar / Abdul Kafarati To Deliver Saraki Judgement On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by nicefaze: 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
Justice Abdul Kafarati of the federal high court, Abuja, has withdrawn from a fundamental rights suit filed by Senate President Bukola Saraki to quash the charges of false declaration of assets brought against him by the federal government at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).

Kafarati explained that his integrity had been called into question in the matter, hence he would disqualify himself from it.

Having read a report of an online medium accusing him of corruption to the tune N2bn, he said that if he ruled against or for Saraki his decision would be interpreted differently.

“It is only in this country that people can wake up and start calling people names,” he said.

“In the circumstance, I disqualify myself from this case. I will hereby send the case file to the chief judge for re-assignment to another judge.”

In February, after the judgment of the supreme court dismissing Saraki’s appeal to stop his trial, his lawyer Ajibola Oloyede filed the lawsuit asking the federal high court to stop his trial and to disqualify the chairman of the CCT, who is presiding over the trial.

The senate president couched his prayers in the violation of his rights to fair hearing by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB), which he said did not invite him for explanation before it filed charges against him at the CCT.

Kafarati had fixed Tuesday for judgment on the case, but instead of delivering the judgment, he announced his withdrawal from the case.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-judge-withdraws-sarakis-suit

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by nicefaze: 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
Saraki is becoming more popular these days

22 Likes

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
grin the fear of SARAKI is the beginning of ..................... grin

SARAKI is a god grin

15 Likes

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by tomakint: 2:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
I feel for Saraki now .......what do will call this? Senate President operating from Court rooms.....the guy don hear am.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by kayfra: 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
grin the fear of SARAKI is the beginning of ..................... grin

Olodo. You can't even comprehend what you read.

The judge was caught by sahara reporters as a Saraki stooge and had to shamelessly recuse himself and you are here yarning opata.

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
kayfra:

Olodo. You can't even comprehend what you read.

The judge was caught by sahara reporters as a Saraki stooge and had to shamelessly recuse himself and you are here yarn in opata.
ok

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by chesterlee(m): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
Saraki is winning the battle against the forces of darkness (APC)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by AccaPack(m): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
Some people will still come here to defend this enemy of the masses undecided

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by Sasuwa(f): 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
A p c = confusion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by RedCapChief(m): 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
Sahara Reporters don injure the man.

15 Likes

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
Just how long will it take for Saraki to be prosecuted & kicked out of the Senate?

I am beginning to believe that Buhari maybe truly a dullard.

4 Likes

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by Remii(m): 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
chesterlee:
Saraki is winning the battle against the forces of darkness (APC)
. Make him pass the budget first

2 Likes

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by lordrayne(m): 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
Following....fp
Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by Icecomrade: 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2016
Bribe
Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by MadCow1: 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
huh?
Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by mars123(m): 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
Sasuwa:
A p c =lies
you cant even comprehend what you just read.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by mrphysics(m): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
Saraki in a very hot soup. God should give the CCT chairman the grace and strength to carry on and send this man to prison.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by ricsman(m): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
I c
Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
Wahalla dey oo...... but we no dey se am

2 Likes

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by html14java(f): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
nicefaze:
Saraki is becoming more popular these days
than even the baba go slow himself

2 Likes

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
Where is Chukwudi44, tell him that the Guy he Banned is back!!

Since Saraki is your mentor, Both of you will dance to the same tune!!

Tormenting you is my Joy!!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by Sasuwa(f): 3:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
mars123:
you go school sef?
where u get this from
Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by omomalaika: 3:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
See me see Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by dunkem21(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
The way to go ..

Buhari should follow this man's step lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by Jdesilentkiller(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
If you are innocent you don't need to step down, a clean and godly conscience can't be pertubed by mere speculations. You are a jugde for christ's sakes!!! What happen to "innocent until proven otherwise". What do I know sef.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by layilo: 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
For him to have withdrawn from the case, it'll be hard to believe he didnt collect d bribe. Now him withdrawing will mk people call him names which is What he was avoiding. Name like: BRAVELESS JUDGE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by mars123(m): 3:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
Sasuwa:
where u get this from
Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by chynie: 3:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
na so him go dey do till he finish his tenure

APC CHANGE CHAINS

2 Likes

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by keepingmum: 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2016
All I know is

11 Likes

Re: Justice Kafarati Withdraws From Saraki's Suit To Stop Trial by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
There is something called political immunity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Re-run: Police Send Reinforcement To Gama Ward / Rivers: PDP Clears All 3 Senate Seats, wins 9 Reps Seats. APC Takes 1, LP 1 / I Don't Have Any House In Dubai- Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.