Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? (3570 Views)

Agreement Before Sex / Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? / Will You Sign A Prenuptial Aggrement Before Marriage?men See Reasons Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by chimaze(m): 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2006
Hello Ladies/Gentlemen,

I’ve heard stories of Nigerian women taking most of their husband’s properties when after divorce even though it was the wives fault. Read these stories below:

A Nigerian man, who was married to a Nigerian woman, went to work nights and returned from work earlier than normal because he wasn’t feeling well. When he got home and knocked, at his surprise a man opened the door. He went into there room to find his wife on their matrimonial bed with clothes and tissues on the floor, which shows they where having a time of there life.

Then the man confronted his wife and an argument ensued, and he slapped his wife. His wife went crazy and called the police, the police came over and threw the man out.

After the Man was thrown out, about a week later the ladies boyfriend moved in with the woman into the House that the man bought with his own sweat money before he even met the woman.

When the man heard this, he called his wife and asked her what he has done wrong the woman replied that he has done nothing but she doesn’t love him anymore. The man begged her for them to get back together and work things out but the lady refused.

Not long later, the Lady married her Jamaican boyfriend. Not up to a year later the filed for a divorce.

According to British law when couples divorce they will have to split there properties in half which resulted to them selling the house.

There are so much similar stories like this one.

Because of what have happened to this man, I’ve made up my mind that before marrying a woman, she has to sign a Prenuptial Agreement stating that if the marriage doesn’t workout and we divorce I will take what all what belongs to me and she takes what belongs to her.

I’ve both white friends and black friends, the white girls agreed that they would sign such an agreement as long as they love the man but most of the black girls especially Nigerian girls said they would never sign that.

The reason that the black girls gave is that signing an agreement shows the man neither trust nor love them.

My answer is “ I can’t tell what a woman is capble of doing in future, so to safeguard my property as well as what I’ve inherited from both my grandparents and perents my future wife has to sign if she truly loves me and not my wealth.

So ladies, I want to know what you think. Will you sign a prenupitial agreement if asked by your boyfriend or will you not.

Guys, will you sign a prenuptial agreement if asked by your girlfriend or will you not.

My answer is that I will sign such an agreement if asked because I know that I am more than capable of making my own money.
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by ima1(f): 8:04pm On Nov 08, 2006
OH HELL NO, I  am not signing no prenup, and no woman should because she deserves half of the stuff after she don stay with the man through thick and thin. its not her fault that the husband couldn't satisfy her. but if i am the rich one then my husband has to sign one, if he doesn't want to then he can hit the road. but i am definately not signing anything, he can go to hell for all i care
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by Free(f): 8:06pm On Nov 08, 2006
u said it
gurl

no prenap grin
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by mochafella(m): 8:10pm On Nov 08, 2006
@ima1, hope I got your quote right grin

ima1:

OH HELL NO, I am not signing no prenup, and no man should because he deserves half of the stuff after he don stay with the woman through thick and thin. its not his fault that the wife couldn't satisfy him. but if i am the rich one then my wife has to sign one, if she doesn't want to then she can hit the road. but i am definately not signing anything, she can go to hell for all i care

Sorry just couldn't resist. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by chimaze(m): 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2006
ima1:

OH HELL NO, I  am not signing no prenup, and no woman should because she deserves half of the stuff after she don stay with the man through thick and thin. its not her fault that the husband couldn't satisfy her. but if i am the rich one then my husband has to sign one, if he doesn't want to then he can hit the road. but i am definately not signing anything, he can go to hell for all i care

See  u  sad angry angry angry ebi like say you be thief abi 419  sad
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by mukina2: 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2006
hmmm lol,
am thinking of kanye's golddigger    we want prenup grin grin
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by ima1(f): 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2006
chimaze:

See u sad angry angry angry ebi like say you be thief abi 419 sad

what else would you give to a woman who has stayed with you when you were poor and just bcoz heaven smile at you, you decide to send her away for no reason. from my point she deserves more than half of what you've got, its for her pain and suffering throughout that whole thing you called a marriage.

@mochafella
stop plagiarizing lol
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 08, 2006
u can see a lot of girls be tif

some u cliam u struggle with the man when he did not have money now he has money u go about screewing other folks why he is at work then u tell me i should share my property in half

well the man was not wise wat i would do is install spy cameras in the house then use it against her in court
and she wont get a single kobo of my money

tif tif girls
as per prenuptial i would divorce her in nigeria the traditional way take her to the parents ask themt o return ur dowry u r tired. or chase her out of ur house no need to do this things abroad cos the courts are bent to always favour women most times

i wont sign a prenuptial anyways , i would do it traditionally maybe a MAGUN would do the job
so she and her lover would gum till i come grin cheesy
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by Nikegenius(f): 9:05am On Nov 09, 2006
Aba, my guy, u wicked o cool
for me, i feel its a two way thing. Will sign if the guy signs too(for the sake of caring for the guy).
I dont intend to be a divorcee so its no big deal.
But if u cheat on me? i will roast u in fire.
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by neelsel(f): 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2006
Yes I do intend on signing a prenuptial agreement, since it would be made abundantly clear from inception of relationship that each partner is responsiblitly for his/her properities. i.e. there would be no joint accounts/stock and bonds etc. The utilities would be equally divided so as not to put one party in any compromising positions. With regards to incomes, each would be responsible for their respective shares so that in the event of a divorce, no one would be financially indebted to the other. With regard to emotional and other entities, I do believe that time heals all wounds, and we would all get over and move on,

1 Like

Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by harvey(m): 9:41am On Nov 11, 2006
I think I'll like my wife to be to sign a Prenuptial agreement,cos most ladies one date in recent time mostly in Nigeria when u are wealthy u hardly know if she truly loves u so u have to be on guard when going into marriage with a naija babe.cos when they are in,they now bring out who really they are.and then they start telling u some bullshit maybe u are not handsome enough or u are not good in bed and this is the same lady that gives u kudos about Ur looks and performance in bed.guys who have made money and knows will make money make ya lady sign that shit or u end up broke and on the streets again.
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by Seun(m): 9:53am On Nov 11, 2006
Nigerian women have no ambition. They are not prepared to consider the possibility that they might be the ones to benefit from a prenuptial agreement. They don't realise that they can end up richer than their husbands!

1 Like

Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by iice(f): 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2006
Depends on my mood, i could sign a prenup
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by Angeleyez(f): 2:30am On Nov 12, 2006
No I would not sign no prenup.
To me a prenup say the marriage will not last, it doesn't even have to be about money.
Prenup is preparing for the divorce while I'm preparing for the mariage. If a man asks me to sign a prenup, then we need to think twice about getting married and reevaluate our r/ship.
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by neelsel(f): 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2006
Seun:

If the woman I want to marry doesn't want to sign a prenup, it simply means she's a gold digger!
Not neccessarily true. My sister refused to sign a prenup despite the bombardment from the family. Ironically, she is the one who has the money not her lazy-ass husband. So who would you term as being the gold-digger here?
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by Seun(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2006
Well, your sisteris more of a 'mumu' than a gold-digger.
Her fiance probably pressured her not to sign it and she yielded to the pressure.
Hence, the 'mumu' title. Some people like to indulge in romantic fantasies.

If the 'lazy-ass husband' was the one who refused to sign the prenup, then he would be the gold-digger.
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by neelsel(f): 4:18pm On Nov 13, 2006
The "mumu" phenomena is indeed what she has acquired. But I guess when you are in "love" NO ONE can deter you.
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by frankiriri(m): 1:10am On Nov 16, 2006
Pre nups are only for those not in Niaja. In Naija u even use the woman money carry anoda babe sef and notin go happen. grin grin grin
As for me Pre nups are out. Its not in my culture and neither is it biblical
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by Seun(m): 12:07am On Mar 01, 2007
Its not in my culture
Does your culture explicitly forbid it? If not, then it's not contrary to your culture.

and neither is it biblical
Can you name the bible chapter and verse in which prenuptial agreements are forbidden?
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by debosky(m): 12:09am On Mar 01, 2007
if its not practiced by your people thats enough for it not to be in your culture.

regarding the bible? well divorce isn;t supported, so the pre nup is to guard against exploitation in the case of divorce so its not biblical in that sense
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by kelvinokechukwu: 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
4 mua, no pre nups i sounds strange in this part of the world
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by Martinez19(m): 3:45pm On Feb 16, 2018
ima1:
grin

Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 16, 2018
Angeleyez:
No I would not sign no prenup.
To me a prenup say the marriage will not last, it doesn't even have to be about money.
Prenup is preparing for the divorce while I'm preparing for the mariage. If a man asks me to sign a prenup, then we need to think twice about getting married and reevaluate our r/ship.
thank you
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by marvin904(m): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
the only person entitled to half my properties is the woman that
was with me through thick and thin..
aside from her who so ever wants to leave can go buh
i aint given her shit undecided undecided
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by crismark(m): 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2018
i dey mad
pls she shuld make her own moni.
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by Surfboard(m): 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2018
Pre-nupts are alien to Nigerian marital laws, and as long as the couple are married according to the Marriage Act, there will never be any such thing as a pre-nuptial agreement.
Re: Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? by Cuteamigo1(m): 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2018
how much did tiger Woods have to give his wife after divorce? i heard it was close a hundred million dollars, just like that. you sign the prenup or go fvck yoursellf.

(1) (Reply)

. / I Want To Marry Rich / World's Tallest Teen Girl Towers Over Boyfriend During Romantic Walk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.