Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus (21037 Views)

How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ / Why Islam Is The Only True Religion NOT Christianity / Christianity; The Reason For Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 10:57am On Mar 25, 2016
cckris:

The writer NO LONGER believes anything about Jesus.
The writer's Waterloo is in PRESUMING, as all anti-Christs have been PRESUMING, right from the COUNCIL OF NICAEA, that Christians generally don't understand the manifestation of Christ, from Genesis to Revelation. Until ATHANASIUS begins his IRREFUTABLE EXEGESIS. And there're MILLIONS of Athanasiuses around the world today, in different languages and cultures. JESUS CHRIST IS LORD.
Pls let me you guys. I am a disciple of Jesus,i believe in Jesus. I follow His teachings and accepts it as a little child.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 11:04am On Mar 25, 2016
cckris:

The writer NO LONGER believes anything about Jesus.
The writer's Waterloo is in PRESUMING, as all anti-Christs have been PRESUMING, right from the COUNCIL OF NICAEA, that Christians generally don't understand the manifestation of Christ, from Genesis to Revelation. Until ATHANASIUS begins his IRREFUTABLE EXEGESIS. And there're MILLIONS of Athanasiuses around the world today, in different languages and cultures. JESUS CHRIST IS LORD.
I believe Jesus came from God. He was sent to the world to let His kingdom reign. John 8:31-32. I believe only in the words of Jesus(Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only because He only is the Truth. I rather stay with the Truth than follow any other man.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by cckris: 11:53am On Mar 25, 2016
rexben:
I believe Jesus came from God. He was sent to the world to let His kingdom reign. John 8:31-32. I believe only in the words of Jesus(Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only because He only is the Truth. I rather stay with the Truth than follow any other man.

THE TRUTH is that, as the Christ, or, in Hebrew, THE ANOINTED, the Entirety of the Spirit of God was in Jesus, & to them that believe in Him Scripturally, MEASURES of the Spirit of God is also given, such that the believers in Jesus are also anointed, or, in Greek, christed. The term Christian has deep Scriptural, as well as Spiritual significance, so manifest that observers, who hitherto called the disciples followers of THE WAY, finally settled to identify them as Christians.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
rexben:
I believe in the both,i mean i believe in divinity and sonship of Jesus
Then your criticism of Christians is pretty much irrelevant. How about Christians who don't believe in Divinity of Jesus?. Are they any less Christians or "Disciples of Jesus" as you called yourself?. You have to understand that they too have evidence that Jesus did not ascribe Divinity to himself just as you also claim Christians practice what Jesus didn't say. Don't you see you are confused?

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
Empiree:
Then your criticism of Christians is pretty much irrelevant. How about Christians who don't believe in Divinity of Jesus?. Are they any less Christians or "Disciples of Jesus" as you called yourself?. You have to understand that they too have evidence that Jesus did not ascribe Divinity to himself just as you also claim Christians practice what Jesus didn't say. Don't you see you are confused?
Actually i don't get the "divinity" you are referring to. I thought you are talking about Jesus being divine(i.e Jesus came from God) that is why i said i believe in divinity.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
Empiree:
To be a disciple of Jesus you have to follow and obey Jesus words. According to John 8:31-32,His disciples continue only in His words because that is the only condition to be His disciple.I believe Jesus talked about everything you need to know. He said all that the Father has given to me, I have given it unto His disciples. John 17. So to live everyday,you have to look into the gospels(Matthew,mark,Luke and John) with the help of the Holy ghost. Anything Jesus never said,as His disciples we don't believe. Jesus said the voice of the stranger,they wont follow.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
Empiree:
Are you saying DIVINITY-Jesus equal to God. If that is what you mean,then i don't believe in DIVINITY. Jesus never said He was God, He clearly said what i see the Father do,i do. The Father sent Him. He also said He is the son of God and not God
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 7:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
cckris:

THE TRUTH is that, as the Christ, or, in Hebrew, THE ANOINTED, the Entirety of the Spirit of God was in Jesus, & to them that believe in Him Scripturally, MEASURES of the Spirit of God is also given, such that the believers in Jesus are also anointed, or, in Greek, christed. The term Christian has deep Scriptural, as well as Spiritual significance, so manifest that observers, who hitherto called the disciples followers of THE WAY, finally settled to identify them as Christians.
Jesus said if you continue in MY WORDS,not the laws and the prophets,not the epistle,not the book of revelation,not the poetical books etc ,then you are My Disciple. You can only get the words of Jesus in the gospels [MATTHEW,MARK,LUKE AND JOHN] ONLY AND NOT THE ONE RECORDED IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION. Jesus never said the Holy Spirit will be given in measures,Paul said so. Jesus said I will send the Holy Spirit and He will be with you always,He will never leave you.
Jesus never called His disciples Christians, and He said that the voice of a STRANGER,they will not follow. So you don't expect His disciples to follow the voice of strangers tagging them with the name CHRISTIANS.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by cckris: 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
rexben:
Jesus said if you continue in MY WORDS,not the laws and the prophets,not the epistle,not the book of revelation,not the poetical books etc ,then you are My Disciple. You can only get the words of Jesus in the gospels [MATTHEW,MARK,LUKE AND JOHN] ONLY AND NOT THE ONE RECORDED IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION. Jesus never said the Holy Spirit will be given in measures,Paul said so. Jesus said I will send the Holy Spirit and He will be with you always,He will never leave you.
Jesus never called His disciples Christians, and He said that the voice of a STRANGER,they will not follow. So you don't expect His disciples to follow the voice of strangers tagging them with the name CHRISTIANS.
1. You alone CONFIRM yourself to BE a follower of Jesus.
2. Did anyone BAPTISE you?
3. Can you baptise another person?
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 9:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
rexben:
Are you saying DIVINITY-Jesus equal to God.
Ask you fellow Christians. That's what they belief. By the way, what's definition of Divinity?

If that is what you mean,then i don't believe in DIVINITY. Jesus never said He was God, He clearly said what i see the Father do,i do. The Father sent Him. He also said He is the son of God and not God
Well, trinitarian Christians will disagree with you.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Lease(m): 9:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
rexben:
Part of your beliefs that are wrong includes
The bible is the inspired word of God. This is very wrong. Jesus is the only word of Gog. In this supposed bible,God spoke,the devil spoke,men spoke,even demon spoke. Ho w then you call it the word of God
you believe that Jesus came to die for the sign of the whole world. It is very wrong. He said He came to give His life as ransome to many not sacrifice for many. He said if you dont forgive those that sin against you,your heavenly father will not forgive,that is the way to get your sins forgiven

God bless you. You just laid bare the main source of confusion among Christians and why they always turn the bible upside down and thus continuously have problem understanding God and what He wants from human beings. They erroneously believe that every word in the Bible is spoken by God and thus attributing every thing there to Jehovah God even when in actual fact some of those words were spoken by human beings like us e.g King David, King Solomon, Job or by Angels etc. Meanwhile God expressly made it clear in Jeremiah 8^7-8 that most of the statements attributed to him were not his words but they emanated from the "lying pen of the scribes that handled them falsely". The implication of this is that Christians have refused to understand and accept the commandments & laws of God because of its high standards and instead prefer to follow other lower standards of men like them who were also grappling with most issues then like we are also doing now. Christ tried to correct this by always making reference to the commandments or wills or laws of His father in heaven in addition to simplifying things but because of this great error of attributing every word in the bible to God, Christians continuously cling to either what Apostle Paul or Job or King Solomon said. The moment we are able to differentiate between God's words from the others we are immediately set free to discover and understand the eternal truth in the bible. This error also contributes to a number of seeming contradictions we have between and among the various books in the bible. God is perfect and thus cannot be contradicting Himself and He is not a God of confusion. This error is also a very big issue for the other religion that believe that their holy book was handed down ready made directly by God.

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by cckris: 12:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
Empiree:
Ask you fellow Christians. That's what they belief. By the way, what's definition of Divinity?

I'm a TRINITARIAN Christian.
1. Genesis 1:1-3 is Trinitarian.
2. Matthew 28:19 is Trinitarian
3. You find these from Genesis to Revelation.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
cckris:

I'm a TRINITARIAN Christian.
1. Genesis 1:1-3 is Trinitarian.
2. Matthew 28:19 is Trinitarian
3. You find these from Genesis to Revelation.
rexben, do you agree with him?
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
Empiree:
rexben, do you agree with him?
Jesus never said He was not of the any trinity. He never called Himself God the son. He only said He is the son of God. I don't believe in trinity because Jesus never taught that.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
Empiree:

I am not a CHRISTIAN,i don't believe in religion and i don't preach at all. All i preach is Jesus. I love to witness about Him because i am His follower. I am a disciple of Jesus,i believe in Jesus' words as recorded in Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 6:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
cckris:

1. You alone CONFIRM yourself to BE a follower of Jesus.
2. Did anyone BAPTISE you?
3. Can you baptise another person?
. Jesus never preached about water baptism at all. The only reason John baptised is to reveal Jesus,we all know He was the forerunner of Jesus. Jesus never taught it neither did He baptise any one. I don't believe in the ritual WATER BAPTISM.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
rexben:
I am not a CHRISTIAN,i don't believe in religion and i don't preach at all. All i preach is Jesus. I love to witness about Him because i am His follower. I am a disciple of Jesus, i believe in Jesus' words as recorded in Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only.
You are obviously deceiving yourself. Don't you think?.

Look at the highlighted part, some christians believe in that as well?. As far s I'm concerned you have been unable to establish distinction btw "disciple of Jesus" (as called yourself) and being christian. Not preaching is not the evidence of being "disciple". There are christians who don't peach too. What you doing in the thread is actually preaching by the way grin . You just don't realize it.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
Empiree:
You are obviously deceiving yourself. Don't you think?.

Look at the highlighted part, some christians believe in that as well?. As far s I'm concerned you have been unable to establish distinction btw "disciple of Jesus" (as called yourself) and being christian. Not preaching is not the evidence of being "disciple". There are christians who don't peach too. What you doing in the thread is actually preaching by the way grin . You just don't realize it.
pls check out my new post. SOME BELIEFS OF DISCIPLES OF JESUS AS TAUGHT BY JESUS,THE TEACHER. Pls read with a clear mind.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 7:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
rexben:
Jesus never said He was not of the any trinity. He never called Himself God the son. He only said He is the son of God. I don't believe in trinity because Jesus never taught that.
Got you. This is what I'm trying to establish. You think I don't know christians and Christianity? . 99.99% believe in Sonship of Jesus. They are Unitarian christians. From among this percentage are those who believe Jesus is God. They area called trinitarians.

So if you believe in Mathew, Mark, Luke and John exactly as written, then you aren't different from Unitarian christians. Most christians are trinitarians. You both committing grave sins.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 7:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
rexben:
pls check out my new post. SOME BELIEFS OF DISCIPLES OF JESUS AS TAUGHT BY JESUS,THE TEACHER. Pls read with a clear mind.
okay cool. What's Jesus teaching about Sonship, what does it mean?
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
rexben:
@Scholar8200 , do you agree with him @underlined?
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by orisa37: 7:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
But become a Covenant Christ established.

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 11:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
Empiree:
Got you. This is what I'm trying to establish. You think I don't know christians and Christianity? . 99.99% believe in Sonship of Jesus. They are Unitarian christians. From among this percentage are those who believe Jesus is God. They area called trinitarians.

So if you believe in Mathew, Mark, Luke and John exactly as written, then you aren't different from Unitarian christians. Most christians are trinitarians. You both committing grave sins.
Sorry,you are getting it all wrong. I don't have business with Unitarian christians. The fact i believe and they also believe does not make us the same. I am a disciple of Jesus. I am not a Christian. I hate and detest religion,i always preach against it. All i preach is Jesus,the one religion has tried to hide from man kind. Sorry,if i may ask,which sins am i committing?
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 11:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
orisa37:
But become a Covenant Christ established.
Pls can you expatiate. We want to understand you and your point. Thank you
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 11:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
Empiree:
okay cool. What's Jesus teaching about Sonship, what does it mean?
He said many things. He said He is the son of God, He and His father are one. What He sees His Father do,He do. And what He hears His Father says,He says. He can do nothing of His own accord. Pls what do you want know about sonship,if you want to know better,you have to go to the gospels,Matthew,Mark,Luke and John
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 2:51am On Mar 27, 2016
rexben:
He said many things. He said He is the son of God, He and His father are one.
And you said you aint christian?. Isnt what chistian also believe?. @underlined is what Christians called "Jesus is God". And you said you dont believe in that?. Dont you see you are so confused?

What He sees His Father do,He do. And what He hears His Father says,He says. He can do nothing of His own accord. Pls what do you want know about sonship,if you want to know better,you have to go to the gospels,Matthew,Mark,Luke and John
What's your definition of Sonship of Jesus?
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 2:55am On Mar 27, 2016
rexben:
Sorry,you are getting it all wrong. I don't have business with Unitarian christians. The fact i believe and they also believe does not make us the same. I am a disciple of Jesus. I am not a Christian. I hate and detest religion,i always preach against it. All i preach is Jesus,the one religion has tried to hide from man kind. Sorry,if i may ask,which sins am i committing?
What is sonship?. That's the sin you commit.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by johnw74: 7:33am On Mar 27, 2016
rexben:
To those that think i am talking from view of a muslim, sorry to disappoint you I AM NOT A MUSLIM. To those that think i am talking from the view of an aggrieved christian,sorry also to disappoint you I AM NEITHER A CHRISTIAN.
I AM TALKING FROM THE VIEW OF JESUS BECAUSE I AM HIS DISCIPLE AND I WILL FOLLOW HIM TILL I'LL BE UNITED WILL HIM AND OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN

@bold doesn't make sense, you say you are not a Christian, that you are a disciple of Jesus and you follow Him.
Christian means follower of Jesus Christ

Christian:

G5546

Χριστιανός
Christianos
khris-tee-an-os'
From G5547; a Christian, that is, follower of Christ: - Christian.
Total KJV occurrences: 3

Because some who call themselves Christians are not, and because some Pastors WHO call themselves christians are not, doesn't mean Disciples of Jesus Christ are not called Christians:

Act_26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

1Pe_4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Act_11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ.
As for me, I'm very happy to be named after Him: "A Christian".

Jesus said to Ananais in a vision concerning Paul:

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Barnabas said to the Disciples and Apostles concerning Paul:

Act 9:26 And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.
Act 9:27 But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.
Act 9:28 And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by orisa37: 7:44am On Mar 27, 2016
I am saying that You belong to God and every thing in you is God's. So "Go On Discharging" like in a nuclear fission. Happy Sunday!!!!

1 Like

Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
johnw74:

@bold doesn't make sense, you say you are not a Christian, that you are a disciple of Jesus and you follow Him.
Christian means follower of Jesus Christ

Christian:

G5546

Χριστιανός
Christianos
khris-tee-an-os'
From G5547; a Christian, that is, follower of Christ: - Christian.
Total KJV occurrences: 3

Because some who call themselves Christians are not, and because some Pastors WHO call themselves christians are not, doesn't mean Disciples of Jesus Christ are not called Christians:

Act_26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

1Pe_4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Act_11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ.
As for me, I'm very happy to be named after Him: "A Christian".

Jesus said to Ananais in a vision concerning Paul:

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Barnabas said to the Disciples and Apostles concerning Paul:

Act 9:26 And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.
Act 9:27 But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.
Act 9:28 And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem.

Jesus never called His disciples Christians,Jesus never founded Christianity. Christians follow the bible but his disciples don't. They always follow Jesus words only not the bible. Disciples of Jesus don't follow Paul because Paul is a stranger and the voice of a stranger,they don't follow. Please read my new post to see more. SOME OF THE BELIEFS OF THE DISCIPLES OF JESUS.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by rexben(m): 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
Empiree:
What is sonship?. That's the sin you commit.
I now get you. I think you are a muslim. Jesus called Himself the son of God,even God confirmed it twice. At the baptism, He said this is my beloved son,in whom i am well pleased. Also at the transfiguration,He said this is my beloved son,hear ye him.
Re: Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus by Empiree: 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
rexben:
I now get you. I think you are a muslim.
I didnt hide the fact thast I am. I thought i told you before.

Jesus called Himself the son of God,
You have 2 problems here. First, you used capital letter H for Jesus, may I ask you why is that?. Second, "son of God, can you explain in what sense what it means please?

even God confirmed it twice.
Where did God "confirmed" it twice...references please?

At the baptism, He said this is my beloved son,in whom i am well pleased. Also at the transfiguration,He said this is my beloved son,hear ye him.
I imagine this is the reference, correct?. Well, provide biblical evidence first before i proceed. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sallah Ram: Man Hangs Self Over Lack Of Money To Buy Ram / Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam / Happy 73rd Birthday To Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.