Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:59 PM

My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member (18528 Views)

My Bitter Experience Today As A Marketer / My Experience Today At A GNLD Coy / Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Huw(m): 10:10am On Mar 23, 2016
God on your side bro.
There is light at the end of the tunnel!
Speaking from experience!
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by laidback(m): 10:13am On Mar 23, 2016
Ok so let me get this straight.

Some guy advised you to go into farming, not so that you can be self-employed, not so that you can contribute your quota to the growth of food security in Nigeria, not so that you can tap the unharnessed wealth in agriculture in Nigeria but so that you can qualify for Buhari/APC's perennially elusive 5k?

Please tell me you landed him a nice backhand before sauntering off. This life sha, if one is not strong and determined, these kind of human beings are in abundance to discourage you on your journey to greatness.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by samuel3818: 10:47am On Mar 23, 2016
OP...I can relate very well. I left Sokoto for Abuja last month on a similar mission. I was lucky to get my CV submitted at about 5 companies (many thanks to my uncle who helped me). Those security men can sometimes frustrate ehn...

Passing out soonest too. Meanwhile, nairalanders, I need a job o. I am a 2:1 graduate of Civil Engineering, 21 years old. Once served as a manager of a water producing factory (my pre-NYSC months). Please help o. I created a thread in this regards but sadly, I got only views and no comments..God bless as you help.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by 4nobody4every1: 10:49am On Mar 23, 2016
sad
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Kennycyphers(m): 10:51am On Mar 23, 2016
Ezegozie:
Before I start my main story, I will like to do the first thing first, which is to recognise, respect and thank this wonderful and nice Gentleman, (walex360) who I met on Nairaland few months ago, who was of great help to me today.
Inshort, without him today, my trip to Eket would have been futile and I would have ended up being frustrated.

Now back to the main gist,
sequel to series of advice being given on this particular section of Nairaland about Job hunt and prior preparation, I decided to take the bull by the horns today by going to the most industralized part of my state of deployment, Eket.
But before my journey , I browsed for the contacts and address of the companies I intended to visit, so that everything would be easy for me.

On getting to Eket, the tune of the music changed and I started seeing what I didn't expect.
I noticed that majority of the oil servicing companies at Eket don't put any conspicuous sign post at the entrance of their office and it made it extremely difficult if not impossible to locate them.

Then, an Idea came to my mind, and I remembered this honest Gentleman I met on Nairaland who works at Eket, and fortunately for me, he was "OFF" in his work place, and he immediately gave me the address to his place and I wasted no more time branching to his area.
I must confess, he really made my trip to Eket meaningful by leaving what he was doing to follow me to so many companies which I never knew were companies because there was no sign post at their entrance.

Today, I really experienced what Job hunt is like and at a particular place, I was indirectly insulted but I took it as one of these bad sides of job hunt.
I entered the company and after explaining to the man my reason of coming, hoping that he would be of help, he started discouraging me.
He started by asking me the state I come from, which I enthusiastically told him hoping that he would perform some wonders.
He told me that he must be sincere with me, that there is no Job in Nigeria and that I should go back to my state and start farming in order to be entitled to the monthly #5000 Buhari promised.

To be sincere, I was surprised with what the man said, but I just managed to thank him and leave the environment.

Anyway to cut the story short, I managed to submit my CV in two places, and I am really hoping to hear from them before or after passing out next month.

Keep it up bro. Don't give up.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by makapella(m): 10:54am On Mar 23, 2016
Ezegozie:
Before I start my main story, I will like to do the first thing first, which is to recognise, respect and thank this wonderful and nice Gentleman, (walex360) who I met on Nairaland few months ago, who was of great help to me today.
Inshort, without him today, my trip to Eket would have been futile and I would have ended up being frustrated.

sequel to series of advice being given on this particular section of Nairaland about Job hunt and prior preparation, I decided to take the bull by the horns today by going to the most industralized part of my state of deployment, Eket.
But before my journey , I browsed for the contacts and address of the companies I intended to visit, so that everything would be easy for me.

On getting to Eket, the tune of the music changed and I started seeing what I didn't expect.
I noticed that majority of the oil servicing companies at Eket don't put any conspicuous sign post at the entrance of their office and it made it extremely difficult if not impossible to locate them.

Then, an Idea came to my mind, and I remembered this honest Gentleman I met on Nairaland who works at Eket, and fortunately for me, he was "OFF" in his work place, and he immediately gave me the address to his place and I wasted no more time branching to his area.
I must confess, he really made my trip to Eket meaningful by leaving what he was doing to follow me to so many companies which I never knew were companies because there was no sign post at their entrance.

Today, I really experienced what Job hunt is like and at a particular place, I was indirectly insulted but I took it as one of these bad sides of job hunt.
I entered the company and after explaining to the man my reason of coming, hoping that he would be of help, he started discouraging me.
He started by asking me the state I come from, which I enthusiastically told him hoping that he would perform some wonders.
He told me that he must be sincere with me, that there is no Job in Nigeria and that I should go back to my state and start farming in order to be entitled to the monthly #5000 Buhari promised.

To be sincere, I was surprised with what the man said, but I just managed to thank him and leave the environment.

Anyway to cut the story short, I managed to submit my CV in two places, and I am really hoping to hear from them before or after passing out next month.

n u hvnt paid allegiance to me yet in ma hood?guy u dey f up..hv u been to rescue point,marina,ibeno beach,bako lounge,fiz bar n d rest?
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by sbabs1(m): 10:54am On Mar 23, 2016
@Ezegozie good one. I personally admire your sincerity and the diction in your tone in this piece isn't traditional nor typical of a regular job seeker. Sincerely you impress me. Please send your CV to TheHRLeverageAfrica@gmail.com I think am interested in your case.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Prales(m): 11:03am On Mar 23, 2016
Ezegozie and Walex360? Hmmmmmm! Igbo and Yoruba dudes? With all the tribal bashing on nairaland? O ma se oo? Anyone that takes these bashings too seriously would end up having heart attack and even losing personally. Thank you Walex360 for being true. Thank you Ezegozie for recognizing and appreciating his efforts. That's what we need now in Naija.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 11:30am On Mar 23, 2016
Prales:
Ezegozie and Walex360? Hmmmmmm! Igbo and Yoruba dudes? With all the tribal bashing on nairaland? O ma se oo? Anyone that takes these bashings too seriously would end up having heart attack and even losing personally. Thank you Walex360 for being true. Thank you Ezegozie for recognizing and appreciating his efforts. That's what we need now in Naija.

I am telling you that Guy Walex360 is one of the best person I have ever met.

Do you imagine, He left everything he was doing and followed me to different parts of Eket , transport fully paid by him.
That is after preparing a wonderful meal for me first with chilled water to calm myself down from the far distance I embarked on.
Really, some wonderful people are still in Nigeria.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by pendusky(m): 11:35am On Mar 23, 2016
amicable09:
Lol.
Welcome to the club!

All the best with your CVs already submitted, continue sending more out.

Ezegozie Nice one, U gat an edge,

though I didn't stay at home for a day after service before starting work, I must say ur heading in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 11:40am On Mar 23, 2016
pendusky:

Ezegozie Nice one, U gat an edge,

though I didn't stay at home for a day after service before starting work, I must say ur heading in the right direction.

Thanks so much.
I am even planning to go to Rivers and stay for three days in my cousin's place to apply to companies before I finally pass out next month.
God Wey do am for you, shall do it for me.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 11:43am On Mar 23, 2016
sbabs1:
@Ezegozie good one. I personally admire your sincerity and the diction in your tone in this piece isn't traditional nor typical of a regular job seeker. Sincerely you impress me. Please send your CV to TheHRLeverageAfrica@gmail.com I think am interested in your case.

Thank you so much sir.
I will do exactly that.
May God bless you abundantly sir.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by hadura29(m): 11:47am On Mar 23, 2016
Ezegozie:

God is your strength bro, have faith and stay strong. Peace.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by walex360: 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
Mescopaul:
Were is Walex360!?
Pls make sure Ezegozie is fully employed before 3months so as to complete what you started. Thanks.
Mescopaul:
Were is Walex360!?
Pls make sure Ezegozie is fully employed before 3months so as to complete what you started. Thanks.
Mescopaul:
Were is Walex360!?
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by walex360: 12:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
Mescopaul:
Were is Walex360!?
Mescopaul:
Were is Walex360!?
Mescopaul:
Were is Walex360!?
.........uncle paul u ar very funny.It is only God that Gives Job,as human we ar mere instrument God uses.I strongly believe My friend Eze will not be Stranded after service,the God that did it for me has not resign or tired of Giving job to his children,he sees our struggle.ve a nice day bro
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by olydedon: 12:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
Try Online Submission. Most Company do not accept hard copies CV.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
guente02:
Cool.
Keep it up. Don't stop, it might not take upto 9 months to take it.
Lol...u dy make Olamide misic rhyme for my medulla ...meanwhile OP i suggest u stop looking for a job and start tinkin of how to build ur in line with the kind of Job u r searching for...#GodBlessing
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
crispberry:
Dropping CVs seems to be getting out of fashion. Most CVs won't even get to the reception talkless HR

you are correct, but I dont carry all my eggs in one basket.
I also drop my CV online.
I have websites I visit daily for vacancy

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Adesolomon2014(m): 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ezegozie:

Pls bro, I am currently undergoing the NYSC which will come to an end in april 14. My place of primary assignment is in Ibeno(b4 u get to QIT). Pls let me know the companies you submitted your CV to so i can do same. Am willing to stay in AKS after serviceservice....Help!!! a brother sir
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
olydedon:
Try Online Submission. Most Company do not accept hard copies CV.

Ofcus I do.
This is my first time I am submiting my hardcopy CV.
I do most of my applications online, but I just want to change my dimension a bit.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Ezegozie(m): 12:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
megareal:
You will see all that and more in your hunt for a job, but never be discouraged. Keep searching and may fortune smile on you. Also look into graduate trainee programs. Good luck.

pls sir, I am interested in the graduate trainee program, can you tell me of one?
I studied GEOLOGY
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Nadoson1(m): 1:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
Mine was when i got to the company(power generating company) i was stopped by one of the security men and his question was WHO YOU DEY LOOK FOR? then I troway salute to him " GOOD AFTERNOON SIR" which i told him my mission after he replied my salute, then he told me that nothing like employment is going on in the company that i should go then when i stepped out about 3 feet span someone greeted the same man with our local language which i turned back to correct my self by greeting him the TRIBE GREETING, then guess what!! the same man asked me where i come from which he later knew to be the tribe of him then he called me out and told me that he never knew i was his brother, that the information(there is nothing like employment here) was a lie but the truth about it is that there is ONGOING SECRETE EMPLOYMENT IN THE COMPANY and his final infor was"" you better go see if there is any body wey know any oga here. I became tired even to go was problem to me.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Oooops: 1:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
can you accept 80k job for a start in Lagos??
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by samuel3818: 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
sbabs1:

Sir,i left my comment on this thread explaining my similar experience. Any assistance you can render sir? God bless
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by cecegorz(m): 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
samuel3818:
OP...I can relate very well. I left Sokoto for Abuja last month on a similar mission. I was lucky to get my CV submitted at about 5 companies (many thanks to my uncle who helped me). Those security men can sometimes frustrate ehn...

Passing out soonest too. Meanwhile, nairalanders, I need a job o. I am a 2:1 graduate of Civil Engineering, 21 years old. Once served as a manager of a water producing factory (my pre-NYSC months). Please help o. I created a thread in this regards but sadly, I got only views and no comments..God bless as you help.

Are you serious about your age?
Have you tried all the big 4; KPMG, Delloite, PWC, Ernst & Young, even McKinsey?
Give them close marking, no way they won't invite you for a test/chat.

All the best!
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by samuel3818: 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
cecegorz:

Are you serious about your age?
Have you tried all the big 4; KPMG, Delloite, PWC, Ernst & Young, even McKinsey?
Give them close marking, no way they won't invite you for a test/chat.

All the best!
Yes sir, very serious. Graduated 2014 and came for national service last year May. I was amongst the top 10 in my class. I am just surprised that despite creating a thread, I only got views and no comments. My Abuja experience wasn't funny, only God used my uncle to help me.
Sir, about the 'Big 4', I recently applied to KPMG and I got a test invite. Sadly, I couldnt make it down to Lagos from Sokoto here. I got the invite about three days to the exam date. Writing a formal letter to my LGI and traveling to lagos to catch an exam which starts by 9am proved too difficult within the time. Do they accept unsolicited applications?
Thanks for taking time to attend to my case! I wish you God's best too sir!
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Mescopaul(m): 3:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
walex360:
.........uncle paul u ar very funny.It is only God that Gives Job,as human we ar mere instrument God uses.I strongly believe My friend Eze will not be Stranded after service,the God that did it for me has not resign or tired of Giving job to his children,he sees our struggle.ve a nice day bro

but via ur connection...some mannar might fall naa
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by pendusky(m): 4:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ezegozie:

Thanks so much.
I am even planning to go to Rivers and stay for three days in my cousin's place to apply to companies before I finally pass out next month.
God Wey do am for you, shall do it for me.

More grace brother!

you can email me let's talk.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by cecegorz(m): 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
samuel3818:

Yes sir, very serious. Graduated 2014 and came for national service last year May. I was amongst the top 10 in my class. I am just surprised that despite creating a thread, I only got views and no comments. My Abuja experience wasn't funny, only God used my uncle to help me.
Sir, about the 'Big 4', I recently applied to KPMG and I got a test invite. Sadly, I couldnt make it down to Lagos from Sokoto here. I got the invite about three days to the exam date. Writing a formal letter to my LGI and traveling to lagos to catch an exam which starts by 9am proved too difficult within the time. Do they accept unsolicited applications?
Thanks for taking time to attend to my case! I wish you God's best too sir!

Dude! 3 days is too much of a notice time really. Back in the days when we were in the job hunting trenches, I had an interview once in a different city from my abode then, on A DAY's notice. I entered night bus and hit the town, then discovered in the morning while dressing up, that they stole my shoe from my luggage in the bus, so I dashed into the market, got a new shoe and still made it to the interview grin grin

What I'm trying to say is that, you must be prepared like a soldier, to take on any opportunity as they arrive. Most of these opportunities come only once a year, many people will not even get an invite, you have both age and class of degree to your advantage, so don't take it for granted.
Even when you eventually land the job, you'll still be having dead lines that must be met, WITHOUT excuses.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by Engineermbugame(m): 4:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nadoson1:
Mine was when i got to the company(power generating company) i was stopped by one of the security men and his question was WHO YOU DEY LOOK FOR? then I troway salute to him " GOOD AFTERNOON SIR" which i told him my mission after he replied my salute, then he told me that nothing like employment is going on in the company that i should go then when i stepped out about 3 feet span someone greeted the same man with our local language which i turned back to correct my self by greeting him the TRIBE GREETING, then guess what!! the same man asked me where i come from which he later knew to be the tribe of him then he called me out and told me that he never knew i was his brother, that the information(there is nothing like employment here) was a lie but the truth about it is that there is ONGOING SECRETE EMPLOYMENT IN THE COMPANY and his final infor was"" you better go see if there is any body wey know any oga here. I became tired even to go was problem to me.
oga u dey try wella o, i have seen a graduate dat stay up to 6 years in home. without doing anythin, til nah he stil jobless.(oluwa bless ur hauztle bro)nah dat unemployment i started learning hand skils.
Re: My Experience Today, Searching For Job As A Corp Member by samuel3818: 4:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
cecegorz:

Dude! 3 days is too much of a notice time really. Back in the days when we were in the job hunting trenches, I had an interview once in a different city from my abode then, on A DAY's notice. I entered night bus and hit the town, then discovered in the morning while dressing up, that they stole my shoe from my luggage in the bus, so I dashed into the market, got a new shoe and still made it to the interview grin grin

What I'm trying to say is that, you must be prepared like a soldier, to take on any opportunity as they arrive. Most of these opportunities come only once a year, many people will not even get an invite, you have both age and class of degree to your advantage, so don't take it for granted.
Even when you eventually land the job, you'll still be having dead lines that must be met, WITHOUT excuses.

Yes sir. But if one would travel to Lagos from Sokoto for a test on a Saturday by 9am, one must have left Sokoto latest Thursday afternoon. I got the invite on Thursday morning, you know. Lesson learnt though....once more, thanks sir!! I could forward my CV to you, if you wouldn't mind sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Most Nigerian Graduates Unemployable? / Who Else Received This Text Message / New Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.