Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault (32236 Views)

Africa’s Richest Man, Aliko Dangote, To Set Up Peugeot Assembly Plant In Kaduna / 2019 Peugeot 508 Unveiled (photos And Details) / Man Redesigns An Abandoned Peugeot 504 In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ruby360: 12:17am On Mar 23, 2016
Hi Guys,

I CREATED THIS THREAD TO EDUCATE USERS OF PEUGEOT 307, 206, 406, 407, 607 etc on how to go about the issue of Anti Theft Warning
On the dash board.

ANTI HEFT WARNING ON PEUGEOT CARS!

Am a lover of Peugeot cars...I drive a 307 AND 406 and with a experience I have to share some solutions that will save you pain and money.

I must warn you that 307 is a sensitive car with lots of complicated tech that shouldn't mess with otherwise you are in soup. Whenever my car misbehaves- I leave it and sleep over it and find solution.

It happened that my car key got issues...on friday last week, I drove and parked the car somewhere- The, about to go and the key suddenly can't open the door- On forced trial- The flashy lights came up intermediately and flashed for some 4secs. I can't trying and forcing the key because it was hard to turn- I managed to open the door without knowing that the sensor on the key has been damaged. Mind you Peugeot has a security chip embedded on the keys which makes it impossible for
a thief to steal your car without molded key-

I TRIED CRANKING THE CAR SEVERALLY BUT IT WON'T START.

The warning on the dash board was Anti Theft Faulty! With a Triangle warning.

When you seen that it means that the system on your car can't recognise the key you are using.

However of I went it search of a true solution- After a scan- nothing was seen. An expert at Ladipo suggested that the battery remote was dead because he can't see any code on the key was inserted in to the Key reader.

Without much hesitation; a mechanic introduced me to an experienced electrian - He quickly checked and told me that the key is dead. To Start the car you need to turn on the engine and lock the door then wait for 20seconnds before cranking the engine..maybe 20 times.

I told him I need solution!

The guy charged N15,000 - He bought another micro chip as the old one on the key is dead. He got the access code number with his Planet 2000 scanner and then reconfigured the new chip- Then place it inside the old casing. SEALED EVERY THING UP.

Immediately- the electrician cranked the engine. The Lion(Peugeot) Answered without any hesitation and guess what? The Warning fault disappeared.

We scanned the vehicle with Planet2000 scanner to check for errors and saw none. Everything was cleared and a few more trials shows the car
was 100% ok.

Be careful with your keys and don't allow amateur mechanics to work on your car.

PEUGEOT LIVES!

Hope this educates anyone who needs help

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by lonelydora: 9:35am On Mar 23, 2016
Is Ikenna351 seeing this post?
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ruby360: 3:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
lonelydora:
Is Ikenna351 seeing this post?

Are you a LION LOVER?

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by pearlforlife(f): 4:55am On Mar 24, 2016
Yes,I use a 307 but not the one in the pix above.
It's been showing me the "check engine " sign for a long time now.what do u suggest? Or where do u recommend I take it too.thnx
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 24, 2016
Peugeot models that came after 505 and 605 are lemons, just flashy problematic cars with unnecessary over complication in engineering.

Thats why you dont see many of them on the road, ur lucky u were able to resolve yours, a key problem like that ought to have been detected with the scanner.

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ruby360: 10:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
pearlforlife:
Yes,I use a 307 but not the one in the pix above.
It's been showing me the "check engine " sign for a long time now.what do u suggest? Or where do u recommend I take it too.thnx

Please take your car for a scan. With As little as N4000 they will diagnose it and tell you where the problem is coming from.

Go to Ladipo ask for Peugeot section at I.T.I call Sunday for a scan =0810497307

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by Flexherbal(m): 5:28am On Mar 25, 2016
OP, thanks for shearing.
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ruby360: 8:10am On Mar 25, 2016
You are welcome!
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by Harzan(m): 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
ruby360:
Hi Guys,

I CREATED THIS THREAD TO EDUCATE USERS OF PEUGEOT 307, 206, 406, 407, 607 etc on how to go about the issue of Anti Theft Warning
On the dash board.

ANTI HEFT WARNING ON PEUGEOT CARS!

Am a lover of Peugeot cars...I drive a 307 AND 406 and with a experience I have to share some solutions that will save you pain and money.

I must warn you that 307 is a sensitive car with lots of complicated tech that shouldn't mess with otherwise you are in soup. Whenever my car misbehaves- I leave it and sleep over it and find solution.

It happened that my car key got issues...on friday last week, I drove and parked the car somewhere- The, about to go and the key suddenly can't open the door- On forced trial- The flashy lights came up intermediately and flashed for some 4secs. I can't trying and forcing the key because it was hard to turn- I managed to open the door without knowing that the sensor on the key has been damaged. Mind you Peugeot has a security chip embedded on the keys which makes it impossible for
a thief to steal your car without molded key-

I TRIED CRANKING THE CAR SEVERALLY BUT IT WON'T START.

The warning on the dash board was Anti Theft Faulty! With a Triangle warning.

When you seen that it means that the system on your car can't recognise the key you are using.

However of I went it search of a true solution- After a scan- nothing was seen. An expert at Ladipo suggested that the battery remote was dead because he can't see any code on the key was inserted in to the Key reader.

Without much hesitation; a mechanic introduced me to an experienced electrian - He quickly checked and told me that the key is dead. To Start the car you need to turn on the engine and lock the door then wait for 20seconnds before cranking the engine..maybe 20 times.

I told him I need solution!

The guy charged N15,000 - He bought another micro chip as the old one on the key is dead. He got the access code number with his Planet 2000 scanner and then reconfigured the new chip- Then place it inside the old casing. SEALED EVERY THING UP.

Immediately- the electrician cranked the engine. The Lion(Peugeot) Answered without any hesitation and guess what? The Warning fault disappeared.

We scanned the vehicle with Planet2000 scanner to check for errors and saw none. Everything was cleared and a few more trials shows the car
was 100% ok.

Be careful with your keys and don't allow amateur mechanics to work on your car.

PEUGEOT LIVES!

Hope this educates anyone who needs help

Hello OP,

Thank u for this info, i am currently having this ANTI THEFT ISSUE on my LION. #307FAM
Trying to try all i could do before going for another key and program....
I dont have d code too, and key tech guys are telling me 20K to fix here in Abuja, it started on Monday.. But my difference is, if i held d remote control engine together with the key with bare hand, the Lion answeered, sometimes.... I've tried explaining to them that it may be partial contact but those guys are just adamant.
Any assistance from your side bro?

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ruby360: 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
Harzan:

Hello OP,

Thank u for this info, i am currently having this ANTI THEFT ISSUE on my LION. #307FAM
I dont have d code too, and key tech guys are telling me 20K to fix here in Abuja, it started on Monday.. But my difference is, if i held d remote control engine together with the key with bare hand, the Lion answeered, sometimes.... I've tried explaining to them that it may be partial contact but those guys are just adamant.

Hi-

Since yours is 307 and having same issues with what happened to mine then you know its key issues. What the system is trying to tell you is that the transponder(microchip) is not been recognized by your ECU. Hence the system is seeing it as a theft from an intruder trying to use another key to steal your car. Possible causes are the chip is weak, constant throwing of key on the floor or entering water.

Find people that scan car with Peugeot scanner and let them get the code from your car by plugging in the tool. They will buy another microchip -reprogram and place it inside your key. Then it will start working fine. Please don't use it for long by forcing the lion to with long difficult start as it may damage some electrical connections. Negotiate and get someone to do it for 15k to 20k.

Nb: It's not partial contact -But transponder damage. I hope this helps you to fix it fast.

Thank you(Danke)

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ruby360: 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
Harzan:

Hello OP,

Hi-

Since yours is 307 and having same issues with what happened to mine then you know its key issues. What the system is trying to tell you is that the transponder(microchip) is not been recognized by your ECU. Hence the system is seeing it as a theft from an intruder trying to use another key to steal your car. Possible causes are the chip is weak, constant throwing of key on the floor or entering water.

Find people that scan car with Peugeot scanner and let them get the code from your car by plugging in the tool. They will buy another microchip -reprogram and place it inside your key. Then it will start working fine. Please don't use damaged key for long by forcing the lion to with long difficult start as it may damage some electrical connections. Negotiate and get someone to do it for 15k to 20k.

Nb: It's not partial contact -But transponder damage. I hope this helps you to fix it fast.

Thank you(Danke)

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by Harzan(m): 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hi Ruby360,
Thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate.
Mehnnn... it's all getting crazier. I have decided to make another key and do away with d former. Just as u explained, I expected them to get another chip, program and fix. But he's saying it cost 35K for a new key, completely new key with remote like d bad one, this will render my former key completely useless (NB: He duplicated d key for me last February with new casing).

Then 18k for a new normal key without remote opening n closing buttons.

And he may as well put another sensor in d spoilt chip for 15k Wch I don't think it's preferable as that chip should b weak by now.

Sorry bro, Pls my question is, the one u fixed and advice to be around 15-20K, is it d complete key with remote or d normal smaller one without remote so I can know how to bargain with this guys.

I was at Peugeot office today as well, but they're like I should forward d chassis number before dey bill me, thatll b tomorrow.

I just wanna get d best + affordable bargain.

Thank man, wa last!
#BlessUp!

Cc: gazzuzz, ikenna351, autosbay et al

U guys can as well help a brother,
Thank u in adv.
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ruby360: 11:57am On Jul 16, 2016
I won't lie to you. Mine is without the remote. It costed N15K

With remote and new casing can cost you extra N12,000. The choice is yours!

Always be careful with your keys. Everything about Peugeot is delicate.

Harzan:
Hi Ruby360,
Thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate.
Mehnnn... it's all getting crazier. I have decided to make another key and do away with d former. Just as u explained, I expected them to get another chip, program and fix. But he's saying it cost 35K for a new key, completely new key with remote like d bad one, this will render my former key completely useless (NB: He duplicated d key for me last February with new casing).

Then 18k for a new normal key without remote opening n closing buttons.

And he may as well put another sensor in d spoilt chip for 15k Wch I don't think it's preferable as that chip should b weak by now.

Sorry bro, Pls my question is, the one u fixed and advice to be around 15-20K, is it d complete key with remote or d normal smaller one without remote so I can know how to bargain with this guys.

I was at Peugeot office today as well, but they're like I should forward d chassis number before dey bill me, thatll b tomorrow.

I just wanna get d best + affordable bargain.

Thank man, wa last!
#BlessUp!

Cc: gazzuzz, ikenna351, autosbay et al

U guys can as well help a brother,
Thank u in adv.
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ruby360: 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
IF YOU HAVE THE CODE- THEY WILL DO EVERYTHING FOR 25K HERE IN LAGOS.

TRY TO NEGOTIATE WITH THE MAN WELL
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by Harzan(m): 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
ruby360:
IF YOU HAVE THE CODE- THEY WILL DO EVERYTHING FOR 25K HERE IN LAGOS.
TRY TO NEGOTIATE WITH THE MAN WELL

Thank U plenty brother.
Got it fixed for around 20k... The one without remote. It suppose to be 10k but unplanned issues inflated the expenses.
U are really helpful, God bless U real good bro.
Cheers,
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ruby360: 11:17pm On Jul 25, 2016
Cheers!

You are welcome
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by YkUnltd: 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hello Lions,

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, knowledge, and recommendations. I encountered the same trouble - "Electronic Anti-Theft Defective" - and that's how I stumbled upon your posts. However, after reading several other articles and threads on other Peugeout Forums, I finally found a way around it without having to replace the keys or reprogram another remote. In a nutshell, you can use your old key if it's still functioning, by following a few steps I found on another forum (see I'm below).

Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ruby360: 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
Long live the lion King. Try whatever works for you.
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by sanishehu(m): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2017
Harzan:

Thank U plenty brother.
Got it fixed for around 20k... The one without remote. It suppose to be 10k but unplanned issues inflated the expenses.
U are really helpful, God bless U real good bro.
Cheers,

pls can you give me the contact of the guy, am have the same problem with my 406

just like ur own. Thanks
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by Harzan(m): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2017
sanishehu:

pls can you give me the contact of the guy, am have the same problem with my 406

just like ur own. Thanks

Let's talk on 08032600217

Sorry for d late response, bn busy offline.

Regards,
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ruby360: 9:06am On Dec 20, 2017
Nice one. Peugeot cars are awesome if you maintain them well.
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ruby360: 10:15am On Jan 03, 2018
sanishehu:

just like ur own. Thanks

Hi Sani what do you need?
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by lillyontop(m): 7:50am On Jan 22, 2018
ruby360:

Please take your car for a scan. With As little as N4000 they will diagnose it and tell you where the problem is coming from.

Go to Ladipo ask for Peugeot section at I.T.I call Sunday for a scan =0810497307
The phone no you shared isnt complete can you repeat the no thanks cos I am having issues with the wiring of my car
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by Onu7475: 8:14am On Sep 19, 2018
Pls I'm having same problem with my profit 307.anity theft......pls can I get phone number of the person... thanks
Re: Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault by ShenTeh(m): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
Peugeots and their wahala.

Wetin my eye see for Peugeot hand ehn... The deliberately complicated technology is a turn-off.

I will never buy a Peugeot again!

PLEASE DONT MENTION ME. I WONT REPLY.

(1) (Reply)

This N25m BRABUS Is The Ultimate Smart Fortwo Car – (photos) / 9 Mistakes Car Buyers In Nigeria Usually Make / Why Is This Car Called 'Big For Nothing'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.