Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,215 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:46 AM

What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? (1685 Views)

Autonomy Of Local Governments In Nigeria: A Notion In Need Of Reiteration / What Would You Sacrifice To Make Nigeria A Better Nation?.... / Tell Me One Thing I Said That Is Not True – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
Someone once said, 'think about what you can do for your nation and not what your nation can do for you'. This is indeed one great quote that if citizens of a nation can adhere it, it can help elevate the status of a nation.

If at at least 70 percent of the citizenry can contribute at least one thing to make a nation better, it would definitely have a positive impact.

Now as a Nigerian citizen, what is that one thing you think you can contribute to make Nigeria a better place. I need genuine contributions.

cc. Lalasticlala
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Pheals(f): 3:53pm On Mar 23, 2016

Nigeria is better ...make the National cake reach me ....looting is now make easy by dansuki. .it's not bad if I have mine also wink

Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 3:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pheals:

[b][/b]

What do you want to make as your own contribution to a better nation
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Titto93(m): 3:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
Retire our ancestors and let competent youths take charge of the administration

1 Like

Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 4:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
Titto93:
Retire our ancestors and let competent youths take charge of the administration

Is that your own contribution, if so, how do you intend to retire them?
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Pheals(f): 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
Destined2win:

What do you want to make as your own contribution to a better nation

must I shout sad looting ah

Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 4:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pheals:

[b][/b]

Somebody get her.......oloshhi grin
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by chukwukadibia10: 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
To make sure Buhari is impeached.

To send Tinubu And Amaechi to jail.

That's all!
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Tallesty1(m): 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
Blow up all the past and present leaders with a bombgringringringrin.
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 4:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
chukwukadibia10:
To make sure Buhari is impeached.

To send Tinubu And Amaechi to jail.

That's all!
Have you done anything about it?>
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
Tallesty1:
Blow up all the past and present leaders with a bombgringringringrin.
Tall dreams....can never happen
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by homosapien(m): 4:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
The first thing I will do is to create a very strong institutions for the state. If that is done, other thing will fall into play naturally.

For example most civilised societies has strong laws and efficient enforcement unit. If the president misbehave, those responsible carry out their duties by calling the president to order and in some cases impeachment and prosecution.

However Nigeria lack such a system because the major beneficiary are the elite and they will kill to maintain the statue quo. Look at the illegal recruitment carry out by cbn, of it is on a saner climes, that guy should have voluntary tender his resignation. But this is Nigeria where the law is meant for the poor.
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 4:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
homosapien:
The first thing I will do is to create a very strong institutions for the state. If that is done, other thing will fall into play naturally.

For example most civilised societies has strong laws and efficient enforcement unit. If the president misbehave, those responsible carry out their duties by calling the president to order and in some cases impeachment and prosecution.

However Nigeria lack such a system because the major beneficiary are the elite and they will kill to maintain the statue quo. Look at the illegal recruitment carry out by cbn, of it is on a saner climes, that guy should have voluntary tender his resignation. But this is Nigeria where the law is meant for the poor.
Good plans
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by chukwukadibia10: 4:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
Destined2win:
Have you done anything about it?>

yes bro.

Uncoded.
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
chukwukadibia10:

yes bro.

Uncoded.

Let's see how it plays out
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Nsonso: 4:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nigeria can never be a nation let alone a better one. so the outright panacea is division.
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Karlovich: 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
Sending Amaechi, Tinubu and fashola to jail in the middle of the pacific
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Pheals(f): 4:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
Destined2win:

Somebody get her.......oloshhi grin

no be u ask me ? U be oloshi too

Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Tallesty1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
Destined2win:
Tall dreams....can never happen
Lwkmd...... You no serious walahi
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nsonso:
Nigeria can never be a nation let alone a better one. so the outright panacea is division.

Ok.
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 4:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
Karlovich:
Sending Amaechi, Tinubu and fashola to jail in the middle of the pacific

These three men are really 'jailous'
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by diasporaman(m): 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
To become a better me in the diaspora
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
diasporaman:
To become a better me in the diaspora
What about being a better you in a better Nigeria?
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by diasporaman(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
God forbid
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by mbhs139(m): 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
As my little contribution to making Nigeria great, I would like to establish a 'School Climate Resource & Research Centre' where educators would be trained on how to engage students and the community of schools.

A sustainable, positive school climate fosters youth development and learning necessary for a productive, contributive, and satisfying life in a democratic society. This climate includes norms, values, and expectations that support people feeling socially, emotionally and physically safe in schools, where people are engaged and respected.

A climate where students, families and educators work together to develop, live, and contribute to a shared school vision.

This centre would engage educators on how to model and nurture an attitude that emphasizes the benefits of, and satisfaction from, learning.
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
I will do to Nigeria exactly the samething God did to the generation that started building the Tower of Babel.

Those that have no clue of what I'm saying should do a little research on Nimrod and how his Tower of Babel project ended, thats what Nigeria deserves now.
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
mbhs139:
As my little contribution to making Nigeria great, I would like to establish a 'School Climate Resource & Research Centre' where educators would be trained on how to engage students and the community of schools.

A sustainable, positive school climate fosters youth development and learning necessary for a productive, contributive, and satisfying life in a democratic society. This climate includes norms, values, and expectations that support people feeling socially, emotionally and physically safe in schools, where people are engaged and respected.

A climate where students, families and educators work together to develop, live, and contribute to a shared school vision.

This centre would engage educators on how to model and nurture an attitude that emphasizes the benefits of, and satisfaction from, learning.

Hmm! Good plans..God help you!
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Destined2win: 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
byrron:
I will do to Nigeria exactly the samething God did to the generation that started building the Tower of Babel.

Those that have no clue of what I'm saying should do a little research on Nimrod and how his Tower of Babel project ended, thats what Nigeria deserves now.

Well..not everybody knows, you can as well tell them
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by oyinkinola: 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
....i have started my effort already, i support the government that wage war against corruption, i beleived that when nigeria coffer is free from looting things will soon be better!
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
Destined2win:

Well..not everybody knows, you can as well tell them

That is why they should do a research on it, every information is accessible online now.
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by ycat: 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
People should do justice to this thread.

My godmother and I are working on SW social services, we are bringing all under one umbrella, identifying and matching mentors and grant makers with mentees and beneficiaries.

So many hidden or deleted post
Is this post offensive to anyone in anyway?
This goes to show that, no matter how good or innocent a cause is, someone will still be upset about it. Scary!
Re: What Is That One Thing You Think You Can Do To Make Nigeria A Better Nation? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
restructuring the country based on true federalism wud be a game changer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governorship Aspirant,olusola Oke Disgraced,barred From Seeing Asiwaju Tinubu / Captured Cartoon For Nigeria Corruption State / BREAKING: Buhari To Release Okah, Kanu, Ebiwari, Others Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.