Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,826 members, 7,806,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Innoson Making Fighter Jet Parts - CNN - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Making Fighter Jet Parts - CNN (41478 Views)

Ferrari's Newly Unveiled £3m FXX-K Evo Hypercar Is Like A Fighter Jet On Wheels / This New Ford F-150 Raptor Is A Fighter-jet On Ground (photos) / Innoson Produces Parts For Nigerian AirForce Fighter Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Making Fighter Jet Parts - CNN by tonychristopher: 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
abdulkayus:

Ir is act like urs that makes other people to be careful of ur tribe. This chest beating and superiority complex will be u guys Waterloo, it wouldn't take u guys anywhere. The same government that u guys despise and called unprintable names are the obe patronising the IVM. If the government has the same mindset as urs, they wouldn't have approached the company at all.

But you have not been beating your chest all these while ..have you crossed your Waterloo

And where has it taken you...just curious !
Re: Innoson Making Fighter Jet Parts - CNN by skj1377(m): 7:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
kobonaire:

I very much doubt the figure of 70%. All the Innoson vehicles are originally engineered in China (by Dongfeng Motor Corporation) and then all major and critical parts/components are shipped to Innoson who then does the vehicle assembly operation and adding their Innoson emblem on it. Innoson may source certain parts locally like batteries, brake-pads etc, however the 70% figure of local content is very debatable.
I agree with you besides before today for the last 12 years the ibos have been known to assemble motor bikes and put whatever name they like on it example '' fragend''. Imv is simply built on the same business model in this case assembly of motor cars just like the okada business model by previous business men.
That is why imv has an assembly line that can assemble any thing from cars to buses and trucks. This model of business can be adopted by any body just like pure water Moji autos chukwu autos Emeka autos and all will start assembly just like imv.
The secret of any car is its engine that is why most car manufacturers pioneer engine development and keep it a secret never to be sold. Most automobile pioneers actually designed the first set of engines whether two stroke or for stroke engines example ford, Honda, Benz , Porsche Mitsubishi ,Toyota and a host of others .
Imv unfortunately can not and does not and will never design a reliable engine for any of his lmv vehicles. If you know the man you will know why I said so. To design an engine is not easy that is why even the Chinese can't design reliable engines till date, imv uses Chinese engines how I wish he was using Japanese engines for his cars.
This is also the reason why most IBO branded motor bikes or okadas despite having assembled over 10 million okadas over a period of 20 years still can't design the two stroke engine of these machines that have brought them so much money and prestige. This problem is not IBO or Yoruba its just a black man problem. I always shake my head when tribal bigots fill proud about a name badge on a Chinese product.
IBO's just like an average black man is very superficial the degree varies per tribe starts from actual foolishness dumbness and stupidity.
Do you know the amount of money spent by young shall grow motors alone on importing brand new macopoloes alone is enough to start 5 luxury bus production lines as well as set up a research in to the most basic deisel engine design. Put the engine into buses and supply their needs and the rest of nigeria buses for the next 100 years.
If any nigerian business man designs a four stroke engine as reliable as a 1965 Honda engine from local materials he will be the richest auto maker in all of Africa. Why because casting his engine block will bring costs down from N2million per complete engine due to exchange rate to N50k per brand new engine. Just as I said the engine is the hardest thing to design in a car and if that can be done at N50k the whole car will cost less than N400k brand new profit inclusive.
Once the engine is reliable a new car at 400k is better than a toks. At 400k. Ordinary folks like me will buy it even osun state government will buy. Nigeria will earn foreign exchange from selling engines sorry buses and cars to other African countries at least.
Re: Innoson Making Fighter Jet Parts - CNN by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 27, 2016
skj1377:

I agree with you besides before today for the last 12 years the ibos have been known to assemble motor bikes and put whatever name they like on it example '' fragend''. Imv is simply built on the same business model in this case assembly of motor cars just like the okada business model by previous business men.
That is why imv has an assembly line that can assemble any thing from cars to buses and trucks. This model of business can be adopted by any body just like pure water Moji autos chukwu autos Emeka autos and all will start assembly just like imv.
The secret of any car is its engine that is why most car manufacturers pioneer engine development and keep it a secret never to be sold. Most automobile pioneers actually designed the first set of engines whether two stroke or for stroke engines example ford, Honda, Benz , Porsche Mitsubishi ,Toyota and a host of others .
Imv unfortunately can not and does not and will never design a reliable engine for any of his lmv vehicles. If you know the man you will know why I said so. To design an engine is not easy that is why even the Chinese can't design reliable engines till date, imv uses Chinese engines how I wish he was using Japanese engines for his cars.
This is also the reason why most IBO branded motor bikes or okadas despite having assembled over 10 million okadas over a period of 20 years still can't design the two stroke engine of these machines that have brought them so much money and prestige. This problem is not IBO or Yoruba its just a black man problem. I always shake my head when tribal bigots fill proud about a name badge on a Chinese product.
IBO's just like an average black man is very superficial the degree varies per tribe starts from actual foolishness dumbness and stupidity.
Do you know the amount of money spent by young shall grow motors alone on importing brand new macopoloes alone is enough to start 5 luxury bus production lines as well as set up a research in to the most basic deisel engine design. Put the engine into buses and supply their needs and the rest of nigeria buses for the next 100 years.
If any nigerian business man designs a four stroke engine as reliable as a 1965 Honda engine from local materials he will be the richest auto maker in all of Africa. Why because casting his engine block will bring costs down from N2million per complete engine due to exchange rate to N50k per brand new engine. Just as I said the engine is the hardest thing to design in a car and if that can be done at N50k the whole car will cost less than N400k brand new profit inclusive.
Once the engine is reliable a new car at 400k is better than a toks. At 400k. Ordinary folks like me will buy it even osun state government will buy. Nigeria will earn foreign exchange from selling engines sorry buses and cars to other African countries at least.
Please do your research before speaking your opinion and assumptions . Innoson uses a combination of Cummins engines for the bigger vehicles and buses and Japanese engine from mitsubishi* it's in their Website.
I know you mean well but ultimately innoson and the other manufacturers cum assemblers can not be expected to design and development and mass produce anything within nigeria because nigeria simply do not have the capacity both in human capital and technical infrastructure to produce alot of things. We don't have one dedicated university or institution with international standard level of education and training in anything both manufacturing or other sectors . Plus we produce as a country less electricity and power than the little island of Taiwan in one or two of their power stations.
The country isn't serious enough yet have such high hopes and expectations of innoson and Co. That's a national collective delusion of grandeur. We need about at least 20 years of intense unbroken chain of infrastructural development including education both of international standards. Which I don't see coming soon.
Re: Innoson Making Fighter Jet Parts - CNN by mercyville: 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
kobonaire:

I very much doubt the figure of 70%. All the Innoson vehicles are originally engineered in China (by Dongfeng Motor Corporation) and then all major and critical parts/components are shipped to Innoson who then does the vehicle assembly operation and adding their Innoson emblem on it. Innoson may source certain parts locally like batteries, brake-pads etc, however the 70% figure of local content is very debatable.

Well,with time Innoson & co will get to be up to 70% and more.Innoson needs a lot of support from govt and the elites.He has taken the right step doing a collaboration with Dong Feng of China.
He may not have gotten uo to 70% but he gas taken a giant leap and needs the cooperation of all all Nigerians.
Read this:

Ok, YES the engine and
transmission are imported,
but even these come in the
Complete Knock Down (CKD)
state i.e completely
disassembled. But for the
fact that we have a company
in Nigeria that even
assembles car engines is a
giant step in the auto
manufacturing industry. It
simply means that with
enough money invested in
research and development,
the company may in a
couple of years begin the
designing and production of
its own engines! And talking
about engines, I am a bit of
car freak myself and will tell
you that some the V8 and V6
engines used British made
Jaguar and Range Rovers are
made originally by Ford.
Even the Eco-Boost
technology seen in new
model Ford products these
days (e.g Explorer, Escape,
Edge) is based on the
original Mazda MZR engine.
It is normal for even large
car manufacturers in the
world to team up with the
even so called 3 world car
producers to make vehicles.
The Donfeng Motor
Corporation on whose some
of Innoson’s engines and
chassis are modelled, have
partnered with names like
Citroen, Honda, Kia, Nissan,
Peugeot, Infiniti e.t.c to
make foreign branded
products in China. In
addition, the company
capitalises on this
technology transfer to make
its own model of cars, buses
and trucks, some of which
they have begun exporting to
other countries! Today
Dongfeng is one of the top 3
automakers in China, with
over 160,000 employees and
netting a whopping $62bn
revenue in 2012.
I believe Innoson should be
commended and further
encouraged by the F.G by
way of patronage e.t.c.
because they have taken an
extremely important step.
While it is true that
Volkswagen, Peugeot (PAN)
and more recently, Nissan in
Nigeria are also in the same
line of business, one should
not forget that Innoson is a
locally owned company. Over
time they will create more
local content much more
than PAN and Volksvagen
who will continue to use
technologies and contents
from their parent companies.
If I may ask, what percentage
of their vehicles is locally
made as compared with
Innoson? Why have these
foreign companies over the
years not transferred
technologies to their host
nations as was the case in
China above?
One of the biggest
automobile manufacturing
companies in India, Mahindra
& Mahindra Group began by
assembling CKD Willys brand
Jeep imported from the
United States of America in
1947. The Willys Jeep was
used widely during the
Second World War. Today
Mahindra produces SUVs,
Saloon cars, pick-ups,
commercial vehicles and
tractors. It owns several
assembly plants all over
India. It also has plants in
China, the United Kingdom
and 3 in the United States.
Let us even move closer
home. Dangote began by
importing cement. From
there he moved to bagging.
But today he manufactures
cement from the scratch i.e
the limestone stage, exports
and is building cement
plants across Africa.
I once saw a video where
the Lotus Evora (a British
super car) was manufactured
from scratch. The powerful
V10 engine was made by
Japanese Toyota, while
technical experts were hired
from Ferrari and Porshe to
put some professional
touches. With time and
resources I also believe
Innoson will get there. The
major factor militating
against manufacturing in
Nigeria remains the poor
state of the power
infrastructure. The Federal
Government needs to
urgently address this as
many small to medium scale
manufacturers (not just the
big ones) will benefit
immensely. The steel
industry in Nigeria also
needs to be revived. Innoson
started from selling, to
manufacturing tires, and then
plastics before going into
automobiles. If our steel
industries have the
capabilities of moulding
engine blocks, we can easily
attract manufacturers to
begin production with the
eventual advantage of a
technology transfer.

http://www.ndibe.org/2016/02/opinion-why-nigeria-must-support.html?m=0

You may not agree totally with this writeup but there is an element of fact therein..
Re: Innoson Making Fighter Jet Parts - CNN by pinkcita: 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
magicminister:
@pinkcita

it's somewhere around north sycamore avenue. my friends took me so i didn't pay attention to the exact place,
dRop your email and i will inbox u my number okay!!
Pinkcita@mail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Car Has The Coolest Air Conditioning System? / Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? / Coscharis Introduces The First BMW X7 (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.