Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) (93237 Views)

Gunmen Shoot Man Dead In His House In Lagos. Graphic Photos / Gunmen Shoot Many Dead In Omoku, Rivers, Injure Others (Graphic Photos) / EFCC Arrests Female Herbalist In Oyo For N45m Fraud (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by ijustdey: 5:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
By Chinenyeh Ozor, Nsukka

The university town of Nsukka which was not long ago thrown into confusion and mourning following invasion and murder of two persons in nearby Abbi community by suspected Fulani herdsmen is once again under the grip of tension arising from the attack of an Enugu-based herbalist, Emmanuel Udorji, by unknown gun men who stormed his home supposedly on a killing mission.

But the talking point of the incident is that while the invaders had succeeded in assaulting and tying up their victim, they somehow found it difficult shooting him dead after several attempts as the bullets allegedly could not pierce or penetrate his skin and flesh.

The unidentified gunmen allegedly invaded the home of the native doctor along Edem- Ani road in the University town of Nsukka in a convoy of about eight vehicles, laid siege at the entrance gate of the house and waited for the native doctor to emerge from a meeting of his kinsmen holding in his residence.

Vanguard Metro gathered that kinsmen of the herbalist from Abbi community in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State had convened a 12-man town hall meeting to hold in the Nsukka residence of the herbalist.

Sporadic shooting
Investigations revealed that kinsmen of the herbalist had convened the meeting to discuss the atrocious acts of Fulani herdsmen who had in recent time terrorised Abbi community, including maiming and killing hapless villagers as well as burning down their houses and farms in the community. But only three out of the 12 people invited attended the meeting which ended abruptly following sporadic shooting by the invading gun men who allegedly came with a picture to enable them identify the herbalist.

Narrating his ordeal in the hands of the gunmen at the Ascension Hospital, Nsukka, the herbalist said that the invasion of his residence by yet-to-be-identified gunmen was the worst traumatic experience of his life over the years as a native doctor in Abbi community.

His words: “[b]My kinsmen convened a meeting of about 12 men and asked me to host it in my residence. I obliged. To my surprise only three persons showed up for the meeting. But we decided to go on with the meeting as earlier planned. The meeting was earlier scheduled the previous week. Later I received a phone call that it has been cancelled and rescheduled, unknown to me that there was an unseen hand behind the arrangement. The three that attended the meeting were Hyacinth Uchu (aka Yoke), Pastor Nicholas Diara and one other person.

“We started the meeting around 4pm and closed around 5.30pm. I was seeing off my guests to the gate with my good friend Chike Ndubuisi when I noticed about eight vehicles with tinted glasses parked outside the gate of my compound. Immediately, about eight individuals dressed in army uniform alighted from one of the vehicles; another six in civilian dresses and three others in Fulani attire were also there. That was when it dawned on me that something was wrong. And before I could react, they suddenly pointed guns at me and started shooting at me. There was stampede in my house and those of my neighbours. It was confusion everywhere with my family members shouting for help on top of their voices. Many people ran into bushes.

They tied my hands backwards: “When the unknown gunmen realised that their bullets could not kill me, they grabbed and beat me up mercilessly and tightly tied my hands backwards with rope and bundled me into one of the vehicles to an unknown destination. Along the way, my assailants who were discussing the incident, suddenly took pity on me. It was then they told me that we were going back to Nsukka and advised me to be careful of my people. I demanded to know what offence I had committed to warrant the unjust treatment but they did not tell me. They took me back to my house around 1pm. I had never seen any of them before and so cannot identify them.

“I cannot say exactly whether the gunmen were military men. The only thing was that I was driven to to 82 Division Enugu, though I was not brought down from the vehicle and taken to any office at the army headquarters. Only thorough investigations will unveil the circumstances surrounding the matter. When the gunmen had gone after bringing me back, my entire family broke down in tears.

“I have lodged a complaint with the police at Nsukka. I will definitely petition the Enugu State Commissioner of Police and the Human Rights Commission over the incident. My estate in my village was burnt, vandalised about two years ago. Now they are after my life.”
[/b]
Police confirms incident: A senior police officer at the Area Command, Nsukka who would not want his name in print confirmed the incident, saying that the matter is being handled to avoid break down of law and order. He noted that investigation has commenced into the matter, promising that it will be amicably settled for the interest of peace in the community.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/herbalists-near-death-experience-ordeal-hands-gunmen/

Pic: Emmanuel Udorji ... After the attack

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by kilode100(f): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
I only see the big blokos in the boxers.

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by sunkoye: 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
herbalist fall hand!

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by Obichi98(m): 5:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
Whose turn next? A country where anything goes!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by ClassCaptain(m): 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
kilode100:

see this one.

Of all the blokos wey dey, na herbalist blokos u wan make he dey service you.

Herbalist blokos.

You better repent but if u change your mind say u no dey repent

my blokos dey available grin

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by captainking(m): 8:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
Bullets could not kill him but mere beating injured him seriously.. Just thinking...

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by ShutdownBrown24(m): 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
R

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
so your body get bullet proof but not "beating" proof.

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by dangote7510(m): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
is a pismal dismal.
This land is Not for sale, beware of 419.
Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by dangote7510(m): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
This land is for sale,
Low density only.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by opyzy(m): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
kilode100:
yeye girl grin

17 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by NakedWire10(f): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
Odeshii at work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by kennysteve77: 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
Igbo kwenu!!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by ibrash600: 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
grin lol
Odeshi dy inside him tongue

Buh na dis local gun sha... wetin be odeshi for where ak47 dy angry

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by ChappyChase: 9:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
kilode100:
I hail thee!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by menix(m): 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
I doubt if they wanted to kill him...

Ask enugu Boiz how Egede boiz killed an Odieshi trouble maker last december, he was totally crushed with his car after bullet no gree enter him body..

The person that sent them knew he was a strong man but only wanted to send warning to him to steer clear his path..

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by Drsheddy(m): 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
End time ODECHI!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by wandeykul(f): 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nhmmn odechi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by witorwitoutyou(m): 9:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
Shey na dane gun d soldiers use,make dem try kolashnikov or better revolver,make we c weda d guy go survive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by NakedWire10(f): 9:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
Maybe the Odeshii you prepared for some of their squad mates did not work at Sambisa.
They came for revenge. Kpele oh.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by Stephenex(m): 9:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
End time herbalist grin

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by bengems(m): 9:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
kilode100:

Heheheh... Abi o! I dey like your type! Don't mind all these pretenders quoting and insulting you. Pm me jareeeh

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by uhalauju(f): 9:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
Otumokpo at work!!!

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by skywalker495(m): 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
I don't do fetish pls lipsrsealed

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
who the hell still shoot bullet at herbalist? experience had taught boiz better. next time use acid and thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by adult91: 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
kilode100:
my favorite nairalander, person wey go de fvck u go de use hand join d way I de see am for ur body

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by ihatebuhari(f): 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
God pls come save Nigerians from APC

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by obo389(m): 9:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
after some people go come say na only Yoruba sabi juju. wetn dis one come do? undecided

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by Arewa12: 9:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
Otumokpo no work

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) by Dobxy(m): 9:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
Issorite!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Armed Robbers Gang-Rape A Lady In Anambra, Record It, Blackmail Her (Photo) / Alleged Pepper Thief, Stripped & Tortured (Video) - Viewers' Discretion Advised / Ayoade Akinnibosun, Offa Robbery Gang Leader At A Gym Before His Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.