Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) (44206 Views)

Multiple Accident In Front Of Uyo Stadium Caused By Phone Call (Photos) / Truck Conveying Army Armored Tank Involved In Multiple Accident In Borno. Photos / Multiple Accident At Ile Zik Bus Stop, Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by streetzdreamz(m): 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
Krismart:
E clear say u never enter driver's seat b4
its very obvious,na dem sabi drive pass!!you slam hard on your brake and your tyres screeches for a few distance before the vehicle stops,i guess friction is the culprit behind that scenario.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Reading this and passing through the spot. . Took this shot now. The bus being evacuated now.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by mecussey(m): 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
wagazala:
Reason why you have to allow enough space between you and the car infront regardless of speed. It will allow enough time for you to either swerve or brake if the car ahead suddenly brakes.

some useless drivers will just overtake you, then swerve into the little space. I am always tempted to block there overtake but my conscience always want to allow. Sometimes, if I had blocked, it will be between them and a dangote truck...lol. My conscience is just active sha...no p

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by suteco16: 10:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
APC will say that it was the cause. Of GEJ
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by Femston: 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
dejavubobo1:
so much accidents recently, am considering buying a flying machine.

Then high tension wire is there waiting

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by ckmayoca: 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
dustydee:

How can that be the cause? What happened to the brakes of the other vehicles? undecided

They drive too close to each other. When u apply brake it moves like extra 1meter before cars come to rest. You actually knw wat am saying. If that isn't the cause them maybe they all fell frm sky or behind a lorry carrying them. Eh eh
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by RetroBoy: 11:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
op, it is called a pileup

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by poseidon12: 11:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
hathiba:
Quite unfortunate. Bt really there is no case here oo nor insurance taken over any liabilities. Dats the advantage of bumper to bumper driving. The standard driving procedures state that there should be breaking distance and tryst me insurance people are aware of this. So make all man carry him vehicle waka. Abi we know hear say any vehicle wet jam person for back na him buy market ooo.tis a pityyyy cry cry cry cry cry cry

First, if you have comprehensive insurance, your insurance company will fix your car.
Second, the drivers that hit from the back will be responsible for fixing the damage they caused unless they have comprehensive.
The ones that will be messed up are the ones with only third-party.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by prospero15(m): 12:15am On Mar 24, 2016
Who said no casualties?? D car body no suffer??..maybe d patriotic driver stopped to sing d national anthem grin
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by opribo(m): 12:29am On Mar 24, 2016
All in a bid to beat traffic light. A lickle lickle patience would have averted all this now. Madness all of them should be taken to psychiatric yaba left.

BTW that traffic light has caused more problems than good don't know what to make of it maybe they should resort to manual because of our impatience or better still they could install those lights with timers so people can see what time left to change rather than speed up at break neck speed only for the light to change suddenly, and you know the lastma and police there have motorbikes to chase you up if you beat the light.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by Churchillsaug(m): 1:21am On Mar 24, 2016
ojibole1:

Mehn wetin d owner of dt Mercedes benz gl450 go do..choi. Yh it's b4 law school u know lagos roads on d islands r formula 1 tracks nw.
that guy was exactly the cause of the accident. I was on the other lane when it happend. The problem with that road is that the people (LCC) that engineered that road were clueless and dumb. That place is a very SHARP bend, vehicles will be coming with full speed immediatly the civic center trafic light passes them, and these dumb contractors went ahead to put another trafic light just at very edge of the sharp bend without even a sign that there is sharp bend ahead. No incoming vehicle, especialy those that are not familia with that road will ever expect that he/she will soon meet another light on that sharp bend, so by the time you meets it, you cant do anything again than to hit the next vehicle that have been stop by the trafic light. That was exactly what happend to that benz car, he was the one that hit that danfo and because of the closeness (little spaces) between the danfo and other car in front of it due to the trafic light that parked them together, the danfo hits the next car in front of it and the next will hit the next and the beat goes on. That was how it happend. That benz guy was at fault because he was coming with full speed, not knowing what lies ahead of him, then the unexpected happend
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by Churchillsaug(m): 1:27am On Mar 24, 2016
Eronmosele:

A natural reaction time was not sufficient to have an effective braking. Someone mentioned on top and i agree, we need to learn to give some space between ourselves and the car in front to allow reaction time and sometimes to be able to see the obstacle in front of the cars in front.
those other cars were trapped in trafic and the benz guy ran into them. That was exactly how it happend. I was there

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by Churchillsaug(m): 1:32am On Mar 24, 2016
sucess001:
that is what you get when you tailgate...you are meant to give a reasonable distance between you and the next car...nigerians wont listen...how then will you have time to react when the car in front slams the break?
the car in front did'nt slam the brake, the cars in front were held or rather stoped by the trafic light and the benz car ran into them with full speed. The first inpact came from him, that was why his car damaged the most. I was there live
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by akigbemaru: 2:34am On Mar 24, 2016
Accident in Ozumbadiwe VI
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:41am On Mar 24, 2016
ckmayoca:
I ve experienced this kinda accident before. In our own case it was a young newly insaned clean lady that was walking by the road side when the first car slowed to turn the rest got carried away . Thank God it was street road then and not highway.
YOUNG INSANED CLEAN LADY WALKING MAJESTICALLY BY THE ROAD. I HAVE WITNESSED SOMETHING LIKE THIS BUT IF NOT FOR SKILL OF THE DRIVER, THINGS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF HAND
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by moshino(m): 2:59am On Mar 24, 2016
ogochukwu247:
This afternoon, about 5 cars were involved in a multiple accident at Ozumba Mbadiwe ,Victoria Islands,by 1004.
It is not known what triggered the accident .It is however believed the first driver abruptly slammed on his breaks..

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/03/multiple-accident-involving-5-cars-at.html

This is what happens when you allow animals to drive a car.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by Myself2(m): 6:48am On Mar 24, 2016
The cause of the accident is this.

There was a team of outdoor billboard guys doing installation work on the part if 1004 fence facing the road.They placed their gen and so.e other tools about 2 metres into the road WITHOUT ANY caution signs whatoever, the driver of the first car, obviously assuming the road was as free it used to be slammed on the gas pedal, ditto the other cars behind, only for the first car to see the gen and other tools suddenly following which he slammed on the brakes suddenly to bring the car to a screeching halt, then bangggg
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 24, 2016
wagazala:
Reason why you have to allow enough space between you and the car infront regardless of speed. It will allow enough time for you to either swerve or brake if the car ahead suddenly brakes.
I don't think this applies on Lagos roads (except you want to be 5hrs late).

Allowing that kind of space will give the opportunists (which unfortunately comprises more than 80% Lagos drivers) just enough room to get in front of you.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by Almonda: 7:18am On Mar 24, 2016
dejavubobo1:
so much accidents recently, am considering buying a flying machine.

Rain go beat!
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by wagazala: 7:19am On Mar 24, 2016
curiositymaster:

Allowing that kind of space will give the opportunists (which unfortunately comprises more than 80% Lagos drivers) just enough room to get in front of you.

Somehow you have to find a balance between allowing space and shielding off those opportunist. Ofcourse there are th stubborn ones, th danfo busses, just allow them have the way. Better to stay safe than sorry.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by kenobi007(m): 7:29am On Mar 24, 2016
ojibole1:

Mehn wetin d owner of dt Mercedes benz gl450 go do..choi. Yh it's b4 law school u know lagos roads on d islands r formula 1 tracks nw.
With dat kind of car he should definitely have a comprehensive motor insurance. So he has nothing to worry about.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by openmine(m): 7:37am On Mar 24, 2016
Ohh my God and look at a generator set by the side..hope its just a scrap wit no fuel inside..any small trigger and we will be having a major explosion.. shocked shocked
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by revolt(m): 8:01am On Mar 24, 2016
wagazala:
most lagosians dont know how to drive.. Afterall na autogear most learn with so the basic principles of drivn dynamics, they have no idea. Plus ive always wondered y ppl drive so close even on speed. Imagyn my colleagues yapping me one day, tht i was too far from the car infront. I was dumbfounded. These guys plan to drive to the east on easter.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by revolt(m): 8:06am On Mar 24, 2016
wagazala:

Somehow you have to find a balance between allowing space and shielding off those opportunist. Ofcourse there are th stubborn ones, th danfo busses, just allow them have the way. Better to stay safe than sorry.
what does he mean by opportunists sef? A driver gettn infront of u is now a delay? Like it affects the km covered by you? See stoneage reasoning. Perhaps we need to go back to animal transportation to understand how traffic works.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by saintdennis(m): 8:16am On Mar 24, 2016
ladyF:
That's around law school. The way people dey speed there ehnnn, there's no way you wont have multiple accidents if someone suddenly slams brake. It is well...

Exactly... once d traffic light turns green they floor their throttle hoping to cross d next junction before the next light turns red.

Truth is nothing works in naija... interview the drivers (5 of dem) and I bet u maybe only ONE went to driving skul, you don't speed so close to another vehicle, cause it affects ur reaction time.

Hopefully buhari by 2019 gives us. A nation where things work, the average danfo driver has NO drivers license yet nothing happens.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 24, 2016
wagazala:

Those danfo drivers are something else oo, you better allow them before it becomes 'a story that touch'.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 24, 2016
wagazala:

Those danfo drivers are something else oo, you better allow them before it becomes a story that touch
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by wagazala: 8:46am On Mar 24, 2016
revolt:
most lagosians dont know how to drive.. Afterall na autogear most learn with so the basic principles of drivn dynamics, they have no idea. Plus ive always wondered y ppl drive so close even on speed. Imagyn my colleagues yapping me one day, tht i was too far from the car infront. I was dumbfounded. These guys plan to drive to the east on easter.

I sometimes wonder why people move closely especially on top speed. A lot of people learned to drive without really understanding traffic laws and maneuvering techniques. I remember a good friend of mine bought a car without knowing how to drive. A week later he was doing 120km/h on the dash, I queried him that what would he do if something suddenly appeared in front of him, he shrugged me off. About a month afterwards, his car was totaled. Dude was speeding at night and lost control when the oncoming car beamed it's full lights at him.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 24, 2016
Failure to abide by 3s rule.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by wagazala: 8:49am On Mar 24, 2016
curiositymaster:

Those danfo drivers are something else oo, you better allow them before it becomes 'a story that touch'.

I tell you. The fear of danfo is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by leighcon(m): 9:10am On Mar 24, 2016
curiositymaster:

And what do you lose when they get in front of you? Another possible reason for the accident, imaginary competition on the road.
Re: Multiple Accident At Ozumba Mbadiwe, Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2016
This is serious the drivers must have been looking at that chick wearing tight jeans walking on the road. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plane Carrying 133 Crashes In China, Casualties Unknown / Buses Collide Along Umuahia-okigwe Road (Graphic Photos) / Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.